ChaosofRuin

Armor Enchanting Guide!

33 posts in this topic

Well. Recently, we just had an update where we get the Armor Enchanter~

I see quite a few people looking confused by it so I'll show you all how it's done :)

First of all. You all need to know how to get there.

apprentice02.jpg

As this picture shows you, it's quite easy to walk over there..But for all you lazy kids: prontera 163 60

The NPC Name is:

Apprentice Craftsman

You can't miss him.

Anyways. Let us get in to what he actually does now:

He can enchant certain armors so that they will have 1-3 of a random stat: Str, Agi, Vit, Int, Dex, Luk.

You can't choose what he gives you, it's all random..So if you wanted to enchant a Diablos Robe [1] for +3 INT, you'd have to get farming~..or do you? You can just enchant that armor all over again to re-roll the stats! BANZAI! BUT WAIT! The next bit will tell you the risks in doing that:

The armor has small chance to break. What did I just say? The ARMOR HAS A CHANCE TO BREAK. Oh my. So not only can you get an effect that you don't want...You can completely lose that armor as well.

Here is a very important rule as well: WHEN ENCHANTING USE A FRESH NEW ARMOR: Otherwise. Say you wanted to enchant a High Risk Sprint Armor[1]+10. You enchant it...And get +3 VIT! Oh, you're so excited! But..What's this?! The Tao Gunka Card and the +10 is gone! And then you quit and go emo. /gg

However, it's completely okay to go ahead and refine the armor that you just got from Enchanting without the fear of losing the stats. But if you decide to enchant it again..say bye bye to those refine levels >:]

So how do you enchant?

Well first. Get the armor you want. And then make sure you only have ONE of that particular armor in your inventory.

Now talk with the NPC and select the correct category, and then the Armor name.

Now enchant it. And SHAZAM. You're armor description should...

item02.jpg

Look like this..is what I would like to say. But unfortunately, our current Armors still look normal..But you can check the stats a very simple way.

Press alt+A and then look at your stat bonuses. And then equip the armor and see how your stats changes. Like if you enchanted a Full Plate[1] and your str looked like

200+12

then suddenly turns into

200+13

Your Full Plate [1] now has +1 STR.

Also:

On our next update including a new client, you should see the bonuses directly on the items like on that screenshot.

Now this service doesn't come free..You have to pay ZENY! (Mwahahaha)

Here are the costs:

Unslotted: 400,000 zeny

Slotted: See above

High Grade: See above

Yup that's right. They all cost 400k! So go spend some cash!

And that is all for now. If anyone wants to add something. Go ahead, I'll put it in to the guide. Well then...have fun enchanting!

-Yohan-

Complete list of enchantables:

EnchantedArmors.png

Success Rates (Thanks to Voda)

66138400.jpg

Sources: irowiki.org

*Disclaimer* All zeny spent enchanting armor all go to the GMs to make their life even more luxurious....JK.

On our next update including a new client, you should see the bonuses directly on the items like on that screenshot.

I'd guess the Varmor is widely used in most cookie cutter builds...so the RO staff wants the players to get a bit more creative? :)

Dunno about you, but I'd totally use a +3 int Sprint Mail[1]/Diablos Robe[1] on a wizzie <3

Nice guide. I didn't even know about that. o.o;;

That wouldn't be surprising... since gRO just got this..and iRO got this on 2009-12-04 :P

A time might come when we have +1-10 to stats because if you look in ratemyserver those red orbs that you see on the screenie are also in rms...at ranges from 1-10 :o

And that only costs 400k?

Loool free stats o_o, since 400k is nothing.. o.o;;

Don't forget that the armor could break too.

Oh now I get it.

So you could repeat it on a armor? That you get some other random state? o.o

Of course there'd be a change that I'd break. o.o

Also note that the NPC's name is:

APPRENTICE Craftsman...

Now lets speculate...if there is an apprentice..then a master is soon to come right? xD That's my prediction anyways. Rofl.

And yes. When you re-do the stats on the armor, the previous one is erased and replaced. :)

Oh okay, thank you Yohan~

So it doesn't stucks. o_o

I stop spamming here now >_<

I'm just to stupid to understand something at the first time looool. xD

Whoa! I did miss out on a lot of things. So, uhhh... this enchantment thing only goes up to +3 of any stat? And would a slotted armor still have it's card slot after the enchantment?

Whoa! I did miss out on a lot of things. So, uhhh... this enchantment thing only goes up to +3 of any stat? And would a slotted armor still have it's card slot after the enchantment?

Yes, it only goes up to +3 of any stat.

The card slot will not be lost if the enchantment is successful. If the enchantment fails, you'll lose the armor itself.

And you could get the wrong stats :P

You have a 1 in 36 chance to get the stats you want :)

Have you seen the script for this? I would assume that the higher +stats like 3 would be less likely then the lower ones. So if you wanted +3 vit your chances are first low because of all the stats but then also because +3 is less likely then +2 or +1.

I haven't seen the script though, so who knows.

Anyone know the % chance of break yet?

Have you seen the script for this? I would assume that the higher +stats like 3 would be less likely then the lower ones. So if you wanted +3 vit your chances are first low because of all the stats but then also because +3 is less likely then +2 or +1.

I haven't seen the script though, so who knows.

Anyone know the % chance of break yet?

I'm just using probability. And nope. Don't know the % breakage. I've tried 50 armors, broke about 18 times. Although that doesn't prove anything. I gotta try multiple trials probably.

You lose the card tho :)

Lol.. Honestly before this guide I had no idea this existed.. And wait if you do it with an armor that has a card the card is gone no matter what?

Lol.. Honestly before this guide I had no idea this existed.. And wait if you do it with an armor that has a card the card is gone no matter what?

It's like refining a armor.. break it you lose it.

I'm guessing around 3-5% but i broke like 50 sprint mails trying to get +3 str and 10 sprint mails in getting +3 dex still working on +3 agi...