Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ingram Plisken

Unblocking Scaraba Hole 2

Question

Reasons:

It is, hands down, the best leveling map in the game at the moment. It surprasses Thor in every way possible; The mobs have about 20k less Hp, the area is much smaller so it's easier to find them, there's lots so you'll rarely run out, and they're even a higher level than Salamanders and Kasas to boot!

Problem:

Unlocking the map gives access to the new world, when Everade And His Happy Friends (The GM team, nice ring to it, eh? Eh?)want people to do the quest. The issue with this is.. while the quest isn't exactly difficult, it is tedious to have to repeat on ALL your characters, not only, but mostly because of having to gather the 300 jellopies each time and not being able to warp on Munkenro's trial. Some will say this is easy, no problem, I agree. It is easy. It's just tedious.

It's tedious wether you do the umbala quest or wether you kill porings or wether you kill ant eggs.

Solutions:

Unlock dic_dun02 but remove the warp portal to 01

Unlock 01 but remove the warp portal to outside

Make jellopies buyable again

Make the quest unlock the new world account wide (This is not realistic, as I'm sure it'd take an inmense amount of work in comparison to the others)

Thank you for taking the time to read! Comments? Ideas?

73 answers to this question

Everade said he'll return the EXP rate of pre-renewals and apply it to the server now. So Thor would suffice to level up from 200-250 then. ;)

Well, yeah, but pre-renewals, it would take like 30 mins to get to max from 200 below by leveling in Thor. Optimizing is cool but it would be unfair to those who went through the long New World Quest just to get the New World monster's drops and then here comes the unlocking of the Scaraba Hole, where you can just walk out to the Manuk fields.

Yup, your solution to take away the warps may work but... how would you get out if you want to get back out? Assuming, you've done the New World Quest and would just want to get back out of the dungeon and back out to Manuk. If you'd just go out using @go or butterfly wing, then you'd have to go through all the warping and walking again to get back to Manuk.

I mean unlocking Scaraba with our current EXP would be justified. But pre-renewals EXP back, Thor being fine, wouldn't.

Although, another side of me is saying yes since I'd prefer to level up fast. And with pre-renewals EXP back, and getting a 300% field manual, damn, it's gonna be so fucking fast. That's my lazy side though. :lol:

Yup, your solution to take away the warps may work but... how would you get out if you want to get back out? Assuming, you've done the New World Quest and would just want to get back out of the dungeon and back out to Manuk. If you'd just go out using @go or butterfly wing, then you'd have to go through all the warping and walking again to get back to Manuk

Place an NPC at the entrances/exits that you must speak too, to enter/exit the dungeon. They'll, of course, know if did the quest or not.

You know. Like the NPC's you have to talk too in MidCamp in order to enter Manuk/Splendide fields.

Oh. Yeah, nice idea! :)

By the way, you can get Jellopies at Umbala, by trading it for Meat at an NPC. And no, you won't need to do the Umbala language quest to do it. ;)

Well, yeah, but pre-renewals, it would take like 30 mins to get to max from 200 below by leveling in Thor. Optimizing is cool but it would be unfair to those who went through the long New World Quest just to get the New World monster's drops and then here comes the unlocking of the Scaraba Hole, where you can just walk out to the Manuk fields.

Yup, your solution to take away the warps may work but... how would you get out if you want to get back out? Assuming, you've done the New World Quest and would just want to get back out of the dungeon and back out to Manuk. If you'd just go out using @go or butterfly wing, then you'd have to go through all the warping and walking again to get back to Manuk.

I mean unlocking Scaraba with our current EXP would be justified. But pre-renewals EXP back, Thor being fine, wouldn't.

Although, another side of me is saying yes since I'd prefer to level up fast. And with pre-renewals EXP back, and getting a 300% field manual, damn, it's gonna be so fucking fast. That's my lazy side though. :lol:

And it'd take 20 minutes in Scaraba :P

Also, it's faster to just go to mid camp then Manuk, as there's nothing of interest in the Dicastes fields at the moment.

Place an NPC at the entrances/exits that you must speak too, to enter/exit the dungeon. They'll, of course, know if did the quest or not.

You know. Like the NPC's you have to talk too in MidCamp in order to enter Manuk/Splendide fields.

This is a dandy idea.

Oh. Yeah, nice idea! :)

By the way, you can get Jellopies at Umbala, by trading it for Meat at an NPC. And no, you won't need to do the Umbala language quest to do it. ;)

Yeah, I mentioned this.. but it's one at a time. A click and 3 dialogue boxes 150 times is tedious >_>

Reasons:

It is, hands down, the best leveling map in the game at the moment. It surprasses Thor in every way possible; The mobs have about 20k less Hp, the area is much smaller so it's easier to find them, there's lots so you'll rarely run out, and they're even a higher level than Salamanders and Kasas to boot!

I never saw thor as the best map. Being honest, I enjoyed Abbey03 or LHZ03 a lot more. Also depends on the class. You do make an obvious point, I'll grant you that. There is a problem though:

Problem:

Unlocking the map gives access to the new world, when Everade And His Happy Friends (The GM team, nice ring to it, eh? Eh?)want people to do the quest. The issue with this is.. while the quest isn't exactly difficult, it is tedious to have to repeat on ALL your characters, not only, but mostly because of having to gather the 300 jellopies each time and not being able to warp on Munkenro's trial. Some will say this is easy, no problem, I agree. It is easy. It's just tedious.

It's tedious wether you do the umbala quest or wether you kill porings or wether you kill ant eggs.

As much as I consider it fair, taking into consideration some other options that I'll leave nameless, I find it hardly a high price to pay. But yeah, it is a suggestion thread.

Solutions:

Unlock dic_dun02 but remove the warp portal to 01

Unlock 01 but remove the warp portal to outside

Make jellopies buyable again

Make the quest unlock the new world account wide (This is not realistic, as I'm sure it'd take an inmense amount of work in comparison to the others)

Thank you for taking the time to read! Comments? Ideas?

Now, If we unlock the Scaraba Hole dungeon... Why would it be necessary to make jellopies buy-able again? Sure, it is not a bad idea to unlock everything... But if so, why make them buy-able? If unlocked nobody will do the quest.

I'll take it to survey in the GM team. Wait for the announcements and maybe you'll see the answer you want.

EDIT: By the way, do not excuse laziness under the banner of "optimization". Gives "optimization" an ill limelight.

Yeah, but you mentioned something about the Umbala quest. This Jellopy exchange NPC doesn't need a quest to activate. :P

Oh, and there you go... the GM's will decide whether to accept or decline this suggestion. ;)

Just do the new world quest if you really want to go to dic_dun02 ... It is extremely easy and does not take very long.. Hunt the jellopies with the skill "Steal" .. That way you only have to kill 150 drops/porings..

There's an easier way... that meat exchanger NPC in Umbala. You get 2 Jellopies per 1 Meat. And you don't have to do the Umbala Language Quest to do it. ;)

Yeah.. problem is you'd have to talk to him 150 times though. And that you'd have to find him in Umbala. He isn't inside a building but you wouldn't know if it's him because he speaks in a different language. And the selections you'd choose is also in another language. XD

But yeah, if you know his coords, then the only issue left is to talk to him 150 times and bring 150 meat to get 300 Jellopies. ;)

Not really I already did the New World quest on most of my characters and I have no need for jellopies atm .. o_0

Ah, there. Hard part is over. Easy part, buy Meat and exchange for Jellopies. This goes for the people that haven't done the New World Quest.

I thought the hard part was sitting there for 5 minutes clicking .. o_0 .. Finding the npc was easy.