Rayleigh

Riddle Event

47 posts in this topic

Let me not repeat myself....and clearly from your reply you just BASED Your solution to his solution which clearly you didnt have an idea at first...it took you 19 minutes after his post yo finally arrived on your solution....which you clearly copied....eliminate the other columns...column 3 and 4 relation is already enough....by him answering 6 is already a thumbs up with a valid solution on it...ok lets say your solution is more complete compared to his solution....do you actually think you would have end up having that solution if it werent for him who posted 19 minutes earlier than you? Be honest with your self dude, you wouldnt have that solution in the first place.....peace out leave it to GM Rayleigh...and btw happy new year gRO .  Page owned btw

first vertical 6 2 4 5 = 6+2 =8 and 8-4 = 4 the next number below is 5 
second vertical 7 3 5 6 = 7+3 = 10 and 10-5 = 5 the next number below is 6 
third vertical is 4 0 2 3 = 4+0 = 4 and 4 - 2 = 2 the next number below is 3 
fourth vertical is 8 0 4 and ? = 8+0 = 8 and 8-4 = 4 so the next number of four is 5 . then my answer is 5
? = 5

Killer wing got it right. Well done. I am not the one who classifies the riddles, I take them from a specific source. This riddle is difficult because there are multiple distractions which lead away from the real solution (your answers clearly prove this point :P). Kawaii Potato has seen through all of them. I will therefore reward him as well but the one who "solved" it is Killer Wing.

Yehey thanks....does that mean i get an additional riddle for extra prize after everything is over?

Do I need to sit the next riddle out cuz i got this 1?

Yes, you have to sit out the next riddle. At the end of the event, I will post another riddle which is only open to players who solved a difficult riddle.

You can still join the next riddle. For the additional riddle you need to be a "winner" of a difficult riddle. I don't know yet what the consolation prize will be.

On 1/2/2017 at 10:35 AM, Rayleigh said:

Hide contents

The first two scales are in balance. How much cherries are needed to balance the third scale?

(note: the cherries on the first scale count as 6)

IMAG1744_1.jpg

Answer is 5!

Each small cherry on the first scale is 0.5. 0.5 x 6 is 3. That bigger cherry is another 3. Add the bigger cherry and the 3 smaller cherries and that's a 6. Each banana on scale 1 is a 2. 3 Bananas would be a 6. The scale is balanced.

Scale 2, the banana is a 2 plus two smaller cherries (each of which is a 0.5) and that equals to 3. The bigger cherry is a 3. The scale is balanced.

Based off that, we can the 3rd scale, the question mark is a 5. The bigger cherry is a 3 and the banana is a 2. The answer is 5!

The answer should be 7!

First scale : 3x cherries = 6~ Which mean it's 2 each.

Second scale : the orange is consider as 1x banana and 2x cherries~ By comparing it to scale 1~ it's like remove 1 banana and 2 cherries~ Which mean you have to replace 2x cherries + 1 banana instead of that orange~ it end up become 1x banana + 5x cherries~ and now because 1 cherry is consider as 2~ --> 5x cherries = 10~ it's like comparing 5x cherries to 2 banana's~ ---> 10 divided to 2 = 5~ so the each banana = 5

Back to scale 2~ Now we know 1x cherry = 2~ and 1x banana = 5~ so the answer for the orange = 9

Scale 3 : 9+5= 14~ so ye 7 cherries~  

Sorry for my weird explaination hahaha

Oh wtf.. there are 3 different fruits? Darn, I thought the first scale only had cherries and it was only bigger and smaller cherries. Darn, oh well

Legend:

Fruit/ Value:

Apple = 9.00

Cherry = 2.00

Banana = 5.00

Given the scale A

Left Scale                                                                                                    Right Scale

Apple = 1pc * 9 = 9  +   Cherries =  3pc * 2 = 6                                             Banana = 3pcs * 5 = 15 

[1pc. Apple's Value/ Weight + 3pcs. Cherries Value/ Weight 6 = 15      =   Banana's Value/Weight = 15] making it equal/balance

Given the scale B

Left Scale                                                                                                   Right Scale

Banana =  1pc * 5 = 5 + Cherries = 2pcs * 2 = 4 ==> 5 + 4 = 9                 Apple = 1pc * 9 = 9

[1pc Banana + 2pcs Cherries Value/ Weight =                                    =  Apple's Value/ Weight  = 9 ] making it equal/balance

Given the scale C

Left Scale                                                                                                   Right Scale

Apple =  1pc. * 9 = 9 + Apple = 1pc. * 5 = 5 ==> 9 + 5 = 14                         Cherries = 7pc. * 2 = 14

[1pc Apple + 1pc Banana's Value/ Weight = 14                                          7pcs Cherries Value/ Weight  = 14 ] making it equal/balance

Answer = You would need 7 cherries to make the 3rd scale balance

Realizing that there are 3 different fruits though, then the answer is 10 cherries. Same equation, except the bigger "cherry" is actually an orange or apple. Still that means each cherry on scale 1 is 0.5 each. 6 of those is a 3. The newly identified apple/orange is still a 3. Add it up and it's a 6. On that scale, the bananas are 2 each.. adding up to a 6 again. So first scale is balanced.

2nd scale, the banana is a 2 and the two cherries (at 0.5 each) would be a 1. That equals to 3. The newly identified apple/orange is a 3, as it was on scale one.

So on scale 3, the banana is a 2 and the newly identified apple/orange is a 3. Add that and it's a 5. Each cherry is a 0.5 so you will need 10 of those to make it 5 (0.5 x 10)

7 cherries is the answer

Cherry=2

apple=9

Banana=5

1st scale=1(Apple)+3(Cherry) = 3(Banana)      the asnwer is  15=15

2nd scale=1(banana)+2(Cherry) = 1(Apple)    the answer is 9=9

3rd scale= 1(apple) + 1(banana) = 7(cherries) the answer is 14=14

33 minutes ago, Rudolf said:

7 cherries is the answer

Ah! Had a minor miscalculation at Scale 2 which got me the wrong answer. The actual answer is 14 cherries.

Rudolf, you would have gotten it right but you answered 7 cherries instead XD

KawaiiPotato answered 14 first anyways lol

48v7lw.jpg

5 minutes ago, Hersheys said:

Ah! Had a minor miscalculation at Scale 2 which got me the wrong answer. The actual answer is 14 cherries.

Rudolf, you would have gotten it right but you answered 7 cherries instead XD

KawaiiPotato got it right first anyways lol

48v7lw.jpg

I think the question was how many cherries were needed, not how much weight is needed to make scale 3 balance.

Oohh!! You're right! I was thinking more of the value than the actual fruit itself. Oh well I tried lol /heh

Hm but I guess it depends on if you count each piece of cherry or count them as pairs. If it's pairs, then you only need 7 pairs of cherries. If it's by pieces then you need 14. Regardless, someone already answered 7 and 14 before I did XD

Just now, Hersheys said:

Oohh!! You're right! I was thinking more of the value than the actual fruit itself. Oh well I tried lol /heh

Well if you compute yours its actually right (tried it myself) :D 

Both of our answers are actually the same. I just counted each cherry piece as a 1, while you counted each cherry pairs as a 2. But both add up the same way. Dratz, I answered so hastily the first time that I made the mistake on scale 2. Darn! I really thought each cherry was 0.5 and the banana was 2 each and the "bigger cherry" was a 3. Didn't add up on scale 2. Oh well lol /swt

Guys, the "note" was there for a reason. I specifically said that the cherries on the first scale are counted as 6, meaning the solution I was looking for is 14. However, Khai actually says "Scale 3 : 9+5= 14~ so ye 7 cherries" so the 14 is there, he simply reduces it to 7 afterwards, which is fine. Khaii wins

Yeah I actually thought the whole left side of the 1st scale were all cherries (small and big cherries), but still added to 6. Took a closer look and it was actually another fruit. /heh Either ways I made a mistake on scale 2 XD

Congrats, Khaii!! /no1

1 hour ago, Hersheys said:

Yeah I actually thought the whole left side of the 1st scale were all cherries (small and big cherries), but still added to 6. Took a closer look and it was actually another fruit. /heh Either ways I made a mistake on scale 2 XD

Congrats, Khaii!! /no1

Thankies! :P