Shuichi

What about zeny?

28 posts in this topic

I've been chatting with some players in game, and we are agree that zeny is pretty useless. Newbies can't get good items to play because the sellers are not looking for zeny, instead they want another expensive items.

Some players are too rich in zeny and they can't buy nothing because no one wants zeny.

Maybe doing quests that need a certain amount of zeny, a machine with some -expensive- headgears/equips... (like the costume one) I don't know... ideas?

If players think that Zeny is useless, they are welcome to donate their Zeny to the "Unused Zeny Foundation".

Just PM "Violentia" for details. /heh 

Long before the introduction of the refining certificates, zennies are a commodity due to the following factors. Next, the introduction of WOE siege armors greatly depleted the games zenny. Because in order to obtain its desired effect, you need to upgrade those armors to +9 and thus creating one will take about 2 Bil zenny. Next, other armors and weapons need tons of zenny also to be over upgraded. I agree to @Shuichi with her suggestions.

We could introduce zeny or gro coins to some basic services or increase some prizes.

For instance additional zeny costs while using refinement items.

Although increasing the costs too much might have negative effects on beginners since they would have to farm even more zeny to get a head start.

How about we make it like this if its okay:

New NPC exchanging our current zenny in "suitable" amount to certain items like Mithril(Mine), VFs, Headgears,  Equips

and also you can add some rare or epic equips also...Just adjust the amount of zenny matching the worth of the item

Like just for example...hmmm 1B zenny=1 Castle Invite(preventing abuse in the process) or Bloody Branches, Ill let Marc decide on the amount of zenny every item is worth...besides ive asked some players already..most of em suggested it like that...

I will let the GM decide on the items available on that NPC and their amount..

If this will be approved...I hope players can suggest on what item will be inserted and marc will screen them

It's only a suggestion...feel free to reject this if you dont like thanks

I hope this will help newbies and encourage them to farm gold and converting them to zenny and exchanging them to that NPC

3 hours ago, Everade said:

We could introduce zeny or gro coins to some basic services or increase some prizes.

For instance additional zeny costs while using refinement items.

Although increasing the costs too much might have negative effects on beginners since they would have to farm even more zeny to get a head start.

What about trading 100m for a special box that contains items? (Similar to GatheringRO Surpise Box)

This box could contain high-end/rare items or Mini boss/MvP Cards at 1% chance?

Maybe safe refine tickets or blessed ore's also at 1% chance?

Just now, D e M o N said:

What about trading 100m for a special box that contains items? (Similar to GatheringRO Surpise Box)

This box could contain high-end/rare items or Mini boss/MvP Cards at 1% chance?

Maybe safe refine tickets or blessed ore's also at 1% chance?

That would be like "Clash Royale" opening a "Super Magical Chest" style there....hmmm that would be nice also xD  (If you play Clash Royale you'd know what i mean)

GM can add a suitable amount to it just for newbies or decide on what items give percentage chance

While this idea sounds great ( i have already something very specific in mind which could become quite big and great ).

This is just one single thing and i think introducing basic prices for all the services would also help really a lot.

Feel free to fill this topic with more ideas ^^

+1 to Killer Wing for the Zeny conversion/ exchange NPC though GM's should weight the value or exchange rate of the zeny to the current market value of the items in-game as this may crash the item value or worst make even Zeny worthless than before.

To add up to Killer Wing's idea -

1. How about adding a mechanism wherein aside from getting random rare items, refine certificate, GRO boxes or if I you're very lucky a LOW/MID/TOP Tier Mvp Card from the "Treasure Exchange NPC" (maybe resembling a GM sprite) could probably add wherein the amount of tries to exchange increases the amount of Zeny used up to the max. amount a character can hold which is 2B.I think or maybe in GRO coins again depending on the market value of the items that may be included in the list of prizes.

Same mechanism to our existing NPC the " Dice Game "  The cap increase should be carefully reviewed to be balance for both beginners and old players.

2. Or base the exchange rate depending on the item grade/ quality/ rarity (Masterwork, Rare, Exotic, Ascended, Legendary ) of our serve'rs new update and if possible please don't make it account bound so people of our trade market would gain in some new flavors and entice our players to trade. 

3. Another feature of the "Treasure Exchange Npc"  that would require the cooperation of the community would be the chance to summon the great Belphegor (i hope i spelled it right) by getting devil fragments from the "Treasure Exchange Npc" and exchange them at Althea in time if the community reaches a certain amount of fragments they may be able to summon Belphe via the town invasion event thru maybe 30-50-100 fragments?

"Make Zeny Great Again"

Edited by Hurt Locker
New Ideas :))

5 hours ago, Killer Wing said:

How about we make it like this if its okay:

New NPC exchanging our current zenny in "suitable" amount to certain items like Mithril(Mine), VFs, Headgears,  Equips

and also you can add some rare or epic equips also...Just adjust the amount of zenny matching the worth of the item

Like just for example...hmmm 1B zenny=1 Castle Invite(preventing abuse in the process) or Bloody Branches, Ill let Marc decide on the amount of zenny every item is worth...besides ive asked some players already..most of em suggested it like that...

I will let the GM decide on the items available on that NPC and their amount..

If this will be approved...I hope players can suggest on what item will be inserted and marc will screen them

It's only a suggestion...feel free to reject this if you dont like thanks

I hope this will help newbies and encourage them to farm gold and converting them to zenny and exchanging them to that NPC

Exchanging a "suitable" amount of Zeny for Miths, VFs, Headgears, and equips is the same things buying from another player.

EXAMPLE: The "suitable" amount of Zeny for 1 VF is 25m, so you can exchange 25m for 1 VF.

Being able to get them from NPC's creates huge potential to flood the market and in-turn the item loses value.

Items such as Miths, VF's should be hunted and sold only by players.

Headgears and equips should be quested, hunted by players. Or bought from other players who hunted/quested for the item in question.

Good to see some feedbacks! Thank you so much for your ideas guys.

As I said, It would be great to have a machine like the costume one (gRO Tokens). But one with zeny exchange, I agree with the fact that some headies and equips or items must be quested or hunted (sense of the game). But we can add in that machine some "special" headies (just for example) since this server is so fashion (that I like) but with a certain amount of zeny. 

Or some common equips, we can see them in Black Market, some of those are overvalued (adding some of them on that machine could be a help for newbies).

For now, gRO's economy is moving on just for other items, not even miths or VF's, also I agree to add some basic prices to all services, so we can rotate the zeny.

I was thinking about a mystic forge
Where you throw in all kinds of items and zeny.

For instance 4 gears + zeny will give you 1 random gear which is at least as rare as the ones you've thrown in and by a "small" chance you may get a more rare one back.

This could be extended with throwing in all kinds of stuff.

My idea would have been to create kinda complicated , non-public algorithms which has specific recipes
(4 armors lvl4 + x obsidian fragments) 
(4 weapons lvl4 + x woe fragments)
(4 cards +  ?)
(??? + x Zeny)

and so on (would require a huge "database" so you can get a huge range of items to get in return.

While x equals 1 ~ infinite (your choice)
To increase the chances for something really rare.

It may take a while to create such a forge but i think it could play a big role for the economy.
Since rich players may use it on a daily basis since there are chances to get real rare stuff.
And it could balance the economy as it's a zeny sink.

This is just a rough concept idea though.
But it could help immensely to balance the economy since it would mainly attract the richer player base.
Yet beginners can also use it by simply throwing in less value yet still get the chance to get rare items in return.

How does that sound?

1 hour ago, Everade said:

(4 cards +  ?)
(??? + x Zeny)

(4 cards +  x Mithrill)
(x Valhalla Flowers + x Zeny)

As a suggestion.

So we can improve the price of those items too, nowadays are pretty cheap.

I really like your idea Eve. 

It's just a rough concept and can be changed with a vast amount of reciepts, a lot of surprises and so on.
Which could make it really interesting for players hoarding items / currency and whatnot.

It could become quite a core-factor for economy balancing, depending on how far we could push it.

16 hours ago, Hurt Locker said:

3. Another feature of the "Treasure Exchange Npc"  that would require the cooperation of the community would be the chance to summon the great Belphegor (i hope i spelled it right) by getting devil fragments from the "Treasure Exchange Npc" and exchange them at Althea in time if the community reaches a certain amount of fragments they may be able to summon Belphe via the town invasion event thru maybe 30-50-100 fragments.

Sidenote:

Players can already summon Belphegor by donating Mithril into a pot at the Event Staff NPC.

Sidenote:

Players can already summon Belphegor by donating Mithril into a pot at the Event Staff NPC.

How about replacing the Mithril part with Mithril coins :D

12 hours ago, raphaelluigi said:

How about replacing the Mithril part with Mithril coins :D

How about being able to use both Mith coins and Mith ores?

How about trying BG/Woe weapons obtainable thru zenny purchases? Since its 'account bound', it'll be swell also if it would be like that...not much ppl doing BG/Woe nowadays...and Zenny would be disposed faster...just adjust the amount for it then it'll be understandable

50 minutes ago, Killer Wing said:

How about trying BG/Woe weapons obtainable thru zenny purchases? Since its 'account bound', it'll be swell also if it would be like that...not much ppl doing BG/Woe nowadays...and Zenny would be disposed faster...just adjust the amount for it then it'll be understandable

As nice as that sounds, population during WoE would dwindle.

WoE Fragments, gRO Tokens, Bloody Coins, BG Badges...

New currencies have been introduced (officialy and custom) to "force" the player base to play particular features of the game.
Let's take the WoE Reward system for example. A lot of players started playing WoE because of their interest into the unique rewards they can get from it.

Selling such items now with zeny would lead to the exact opposite effect and make WoE Fragments absolutely obsolete.

That's not the idea ;)

I will keep the zeny issue in my mind while developing the next few updates.

I think u need reconsider the item moves restrictions for usable items such as Bbgum,CI,Gym Pass,enrich elu/ori, HD stone, blessed ore, etc..

Why? because it's usable, it will be disposed soon enough, and it's one way people to get and spend zeny, as example let's take castle invite, long time ago some people may need many castle invites and some people don't, so the people who don't need castle invite will sell to those who needs, and got some mithrils to buy another things they need. That way the economy will circulating.

As of now, I know u try people to play particular features of the game to get those items, but that's also stopping the money circulation, people have items, but they cant sell it, and people have zeny but what they can buy with it? they may need bbgum etc but they cant buy it because of the restriction,that way, the only way to spend their zeny is limited to buy mvp or tradable equipment... 

Why not remove the restriction of some items....bbgum,convex,re-anis,castle invites,gym pass etc and also BG badges or weapons and or bg items? Ppl used to buy and sell those items making zenny circulate.....newbies used to farm bg badges and sell them to earn money and save for something bigger.....what was the reason again why bg items were restricted? I totally forgot...can someone refresh my mind pls....thx