Augustus' Final Strike Ninja Guide

Table of Contents
1.) Introduction & Prologue
2.) Pros and Cons of a Final Strike Ninja
3.) Equipment Combinations and Stats
4.) PvP and WoE Strategies
5.) Outro

1.) Introduction & Prologue

So I look around and saw no guide for this and decided to change that, since in my last several servers I've been a Final Strike Ninja, and now I'm deciding to share what I know. I'm not going to provide a leveling guide since Final Strike is NOT the easiest way to level, so I suggest leveling via Magic...

...or torturing yourself like I did by Final Striking in Biolab 3.

Keep in mind that I am not extremely experienced with GatheringRO's custom items, so please bear with me and provide suggestions where you see fit.

2.)Pros and Cons of a Final Strike Ninja

As you may already know, every class has it's ups and downs and Ninja is no exception. The following will be a list of all pros and cons that have been apparent to me in my experience with Final Strike Ninjas:

Pros
a.) Nearly any physical attack is void via Cicada Skin Shedding, Illusionary Shadow, and Reverse Tatami.
b.) Nearly any enemy is killable with enough patience and strategy.
c.) Final Strike is a lot more viable than Asura Strike since it's a lot easier to heal HP than it is to heal SP... especially in WoE. Also, it doesn't miss. (Unless Pneuma or the likes are used.)
d.) It's extremely easy to win a fight without even taking damage in most scenarios.
e.) Ninjas are extremely under-rated.
f.) Most, almost all, ninja techniques are useful in one way or another.
Cons
a.) Magic users are an extremely tough foe.
b.) Reflect will be painful.
c.) Final Strike leaves you (somewhat) vulnerable if you've not used Cicada Skin Shedding or Illusionary Shadow.
d.) You will have trouble with multiple opponents.
e.) Final Strike is always neutral.

Taking these into consideration, I believe that Final Strike Ninjas are a very rewarding character to play.

3.) Equipment Combinations and Stats

Now here comes the part of the guide where your input is crucial. I will list all of what I know to make the best Ninja of my abilities and several builds you may use to suit your own tastes.

First, I will list several tiers of equipment that will go from least to most expensive. Ready?

Tier 1:
Upper Headgear: Any Slotted Headgear with Vanberk Card
Middle Headgear: Any Slotted Headgear with Vanberk Card
Lower Headgear: N/A
Armour: Thief Clothes [1] with Peco Peco Card
Shield: Guard [1] with Thara Frog Card or Andre Egg Card
Weapon: +10 Main Gauche [4] with two Hydra Cards and two Skeleton Worker Cards
Garment: Muffler [1] with Raydric Card
Footgear: Shoes [1] with Matyr Card
Accessory 1: Necklace [1] or Ring [1] with Smokie Card
Accessory 2: Necklace [1] or Ring [1] with Spore Card

Tier 2:
Upper Headgear: Baphomet Horns Note: The Large Version
Middle Headgear: Any Slotted Headgear with Vanberk Card
Lower Headgear: Gentleman's Pipe
Armour: Thief Clothes [1] with Peco Peco Card
Shield: Guard [1] with Thara Frog Card or Andre Egg Card
Weapon: Ice Pick or +10 Main Gauche [4] with two Hydra Cards and two Skeleton Worker Cards
Garment: Muffler [1] with Raydric Card or Giant Whisper Card
Footgear: +9/10 Shoes [1] with Antique Firelock Card
Accessory 1: Necklace [1] or Ring [1] with Smokie Card
Accessory 2: Necklace [1] or Ring [1] with Spore Card

Tier 3:
Upper Headgear: Dark Lord Helm [1] with Vanberk Card or Orc Hero Card
Middle Headgear: Any Slotted Headgear with Vanberk Card or Orc Hero Card
Lower Headgear: Gentleman's Pipe
Armour: Thief Clothes [1] with Tao Gunka Card
Shield: Valkyrie's Shield [1] with Thara Frog Card or Andre Egg Card
Weapon: +10 Ice Pick or +10 Main Gauche [4] with two Hydra Cards and two Turtle General Cards
Garment: Aesprika or Muffler [1] with Assassin Cross Card
Footgear: Sleipnir
Accessory 1: Necklace [1] or Ring [1] with Smokie Card or Megingard Note: It is unadvised to not use a Smokie Card unless you are switching to Megingard right before Final Striking, or have Assassin Cross.
Accessory 2: Megingard

These equipment combinations are to be used as a guideline, you may mix and swap from any tier as you see fit to perfect your equipment and stat build. You may feel free to input your own combination as a reply, but please no flaming.

Now, about stats... this is where may people become confused since the Final Strike description is rather vague on the Final Strike formula. So please take notice that HP is not the only factor of Final Strike! STR and ATK play a huge roll in Final Strike and the entire build, so do not neglect to max out your STR by all means necessary!

STR: This plays a huge roll in Final Strike's damage. The description is vague for the skill, and it fails to inform that STR has any impact on the skill... it does. This should be maxed, always.

AGI: I find this extremely useless for this build, as none of the skills rely on it, Cicada and Illusionary Shadow take place of Flee, and you do not need ASPD. Avoid at all costs.

VIT: This is extremely necessary to your final damage of Final Strike. (Pun not intended.) No question - max it.

INT: This stat is optional - You will be using magic, but not to deal damage. Though as we all know, any additional damage helps aid in battle. Use your own judgement for this.

DEX: I consider this another optional stat. Final Strike never misses, but some other skills will rely on it, such as Mist Slash and Shadow Slash. Not to mention you may want to have instacast for Soul. 150 at most.

LUK: Only somewhat useful, as LUK gives minor ATK bonus. Use your own judgement and use following examples as a guideline.

Example Stat Builds -

Hybrid Magic/FS Ninja:
STR: 200
AGI: 1
VIT: 200
INT: 144
DEX: 150
LUK: 1

LUK FS Ninja:
INT: 1
DEX: 150
LUK: 144

Absolute FS Ninja:
INT: 1
DEX: 200
LUK: 76

These are only guidelines and possibilities, you may distribute them however you like, but keep my notes and observations in mind when distributing for maximum damage potential. Also keep in mind the bonuses from your equipment, most stats work in multiples of 10 or 5, depending on what you want from the stat, so build wisely and accordingly!

Now comes the skills, which is only partially debatable.

Skills:
Throwing Mastery: 7
Reverse Tatami: 5
Mist Slash: 10
Shadow Jump: 5
Shadow Slash: 5
Cast-Off Cicada Shell: 5
Illusionary Shadow: 10
Ninpou Training: 10
Soul: 5
Final Strike: 10

Now you're left with quite a few leftover stats that you may distribute.. I suggest distributing to the following:

Water Escape Technique: 10 Note: This is an amazing WoE skill as it's a catalyst for Waterball and it decreases walking speed and 8 AGI.
Falling Ice Pillar: 5 Note: This skill freezes for a 60% chance at Lv. 5 and has a 7x7 cell range. Great for finding cloaked players and freezing GR users to nullify it's effects.
Lightening Crash: 5 Note: Not nearly as useful as Ice Pillar but it's range is larger (9x9) so it's a bit easier to find hidden players.

Now that your character is complete, it's time to learn how to use him/her effectively in the next section..

4.) PvP and WoE Strategies

So now that you're all geared up and ready to go, it's time for the ultimate test. Combat versus another player. Keep in mind, you're going to be called "Cheap", or "noob" for using Final Strike... but isn't everyone called that when they win in PvP?

Lord Knight: The only problem with Lord Knights is that they have high HP, but honestly... that's not even a problem. I suggest hiding and shadow slashing to get close, keep Illusionary and Cicada on at all times, and Final Strike them when you feel you could one-hit them. They really can't do too terribly much to you since they're almost pure melee. If they decide to Spiral Pierce or Spear Boomerang, use Reverse Tatami. Avoid being cornered with Charge Attack at all costs, hide and jump away from walls. (Thanks xXThe BossXx)

Paladin: Due to the discovery that Final Strike is long range on GatheringRO, just watch out for defender which reduces long ranged attacks. ( Thanks to miumiu and funboy670 for pointing this out. )

Sniper: A very easy fight, just make sure to shadow slash to get close and keep Tatami up - they're as good as dead.

Minstrel/Clown: Somewhat of a problem, thanks to Frost Joker. You may need to sacrifice your armour to switch to unfrozen, but it's alright... their HP isn't too frightening. Tatami to counter Arrow Vulcan.

High Wizard: Only moderately challenging depending on the skill of the player. Hide past AoE skills and Shadow Slash to get close, Final Strike ASAP to end it quickly. As always, if you have a GTB, these guys are like novices to fight.

Professor: These guys can be a pain on occasion if they get a Soul Burn off on you. Thankfully Ninpou Training recovers a little more than average of your SP so you can just run and wait until you can shadow jump/slash close enough to pull off a Final Strike.

Assassin Cross: Relatively easy depending on their build - if it's EDP they can consider themselves dead since they will miss. Soul Breaker can be countered by Reverse Tatami. Mist/Shadow Slash a couple times to make sure you'll one-hit them, then fire away with Final Strike.

Stalker: Beware divest. Hide if they use Storm Gust or the likes, etc. Depending on their copied skill, refer to according class that has the skill. I suggest freezing them immediately and Final Striking. If you're afraid of Reject Sword, hit them a few times with Shurikens to kill off it's effects, it dies after 3 hits. ( Thanks to miumiu and funboy670 for assistance. ) EDIT: I also forgot that you can just change to Fuuma Shuriken and totally bypass the effects of Reject Sword.

Creator: Too easy. Spam Tatami when they Acid Demo and get close, then Final Strike.

Priest: After some testing, I've discovered that on GatheringRO, Final Strike happens to be a ranged attack instead of a long-range melee like it's supposed to be, so watch out for Pneuma. These guys will probably be a very long and drawn out battle, so don't be afraid to use mist and shadow slash.

These are only a couple strategies to get your brain working on how you'll be playing your Ninja. I hope you've learned a thing or two from this and I hope to see some more successful Ninjas around!

5.) Outro

That's all for my guide, folks, and I hope once again that I've taught you something. Please leave comments/replies/critique as it'd be greatly appreciated.

A little info about this guide:
Well, this guide took about 2 hours of constant writing just to finish it, not to mention having Kamelot on my winamp playlist the entire time. Pretty good music to write to, or anything, if I do say so myself. I went through 1 water bottle and I had 2 poptarts - the brown sugar cinnamon ones.

Thanks for reading!
Posted Image

Varjot - Ninja
Augustus Blademor - Creator
Dr Jones - Priest
Stangma - Stalker
Adam West - Assassin Cross
Alexander Freja - Professor

#2 Yui Negisa

Yui Negisa

永遠の眠り

• Members
  • 584 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:35

nice xd

#3 miumiu

miumiu

Black★Rock Shooter

• Members
  • 801 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 09:39

huh isn't Final strike a range atk so it cant be reflect by pallys? A champ or hp can use pneuma to make it miss so it must be a range atk... The scary part of pally is their defender that reduce yur fs like hell and then use preasure 2 kill yu berfore using ygg berry... ow and stalker with their reject sword can kill yu if yu fs them >.<.. And my ws pawned ninja so easy, like killing insect, bcuz Cart termination cant be dodge by cicada, and using an ice pick as a weapon i can smash the half baked ninja that don't have tgk to death.....

bannerF4Eok.jpg

#4 Im Nothing

Im Nothing

Extreme Member

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:04

excuse me...Ninja Can't Wear Valkyrie Set(except for V.shield)
and correction Orc Lord is for armor not for Headgear slot...Orc Hero is For Headgear
Arthillus Failure™
I'm Nothing™
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 makubex999

makubex999

Normal Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:17

SinX is not that weak from ninjas... actually I, myself kill ninjas using meteor assault(using thanatos or ice pick) would be good since they always have super high vit. So SinX should survive the first fs and just use meteor assault/soul breaker:D Also I noticed in ninjas.. that after they FS it took them like a second to use berry or hide...so that would be a great chance to use MA or SBK. GR/DEVI is the counter for FS unless.. they freeze first.. so I'll use Marc/devi:D

#6 Laquatus

Laquatus

Extreme Member

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Interests? I have Lots off Interests...Hobbies? I have lots of Hobbies..

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:20

thanks for the guide :lol:

#7 Luce

Luce

Extreme Member

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:50

nice guide :D
Please Read our Signature Rules ~ Mahrze

#8 funboy670

funboy670

Banned

• Banned
  • 144 posts
  • Interests:Friends

Posted 04 August 2008 - 13:25

u should edit it since ninja cant wear valk set lulz
and also if u final strike while saftey wall is up it will not MISS since final strike is considered a ranged attack of 5 cells
also final strike cant be reflected o.O by pallies
Stalkers are the main and hardest job to fight as a ninja even if u freeze them u will take the risk of dieing by reject sword
and for garment u can use sinx card too
and u cant block spiral pierce with reverse tatami since its melee reverse tatami only make long ranged attacks miss u can do that with final strike LOL
just spam reverse tatami and final strike will miss
kthxbai

#9 giggle

giggle

Godlike

• Members
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 14:12

how bout in a situation where ninja is against creator... !?

" Appreciate people who never underestimate others, because when you expect the best out of people, they will surely bring it to you -with pleasure."

#10 Augustus Blademor

Augustus Blademor

Novice

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 15:28

I apologize everyone for the errors, I was working at 2:30 AM !

how bout in a situation where ninja is against creator... !?

Acid Demo is ranged, just use Tatami.

u should edit it since ninja cant wear valk set lulz
and also if u final strike while saftey wall is up it will not MISS since final strike is considered a ranged attack of 5 cells
also final strike cant be reflected o.O by pallies
Stalkers are the main and hardest job to fight as a ninja even if u freeze them u will take the risk of dieing by reject sword
and for garment u can use sinx card too
and u cant block spiral pierce with reverse tatami since its melee reverse tatami only make long ranged attacks miss u can do that with final strike LOL
just spam reverse tatami and final strike will miss
kthxbai

huh isn't Final strike a range atk so it cant be reflect by pallys? A champ or hp can use pneuma to make it miss so it must be a range atk... The scary part of pally is their defender that reduce yur fs like hell and then use preasure 2 kill yu berfore using ygg berry... ow and stalker with their reject sword can kill yu if yu fs them >.<.. And my ws pawned ninja so easy, like killing insect, bcuz Cart termination cant be dodge by cicada, and using an ice pick as a weapon i can smash the half baked ninja that don't have tgk to death.....

Final Strike is actually a long-range melee attack, I've tested a couple times. It may've been customized here, but I know that's no error. Pnuema really SHOULDN'T nullify Final Strike, but I guess depending on GatheringRO's SVN version it may, I just know that Final Strike is a long-range melee attack. I'll do some testing in gRO momentarily.

EDIT: I've tested and it appears that Final Strike IS different from official and is long range. What a shame.

Also, Spiral Pierce IS a ranged attack. Pneuma causes it to miss as well. Again, I hope this isn't customized, but I know that I've blocked Spiral with Tatami before.

excuse me...Ninja Can't Wear Valkyrie Set(except for V.shield)
and correction Orc Lord is for armor not for Headgear slot...Orc Hero is For Headgear

Thanks. Fixed the guide. My last server allowed v.armour and I had forgotten from extended play. :P

SinX is not that weak from ninjas... actually I, myself kill ninjas using meteor assault(using thanatos or ice pick) would be good since they always have super high vit. So SinX should survive the first fs and just use meteor assault/soul breaker:D Also I noticed in ninjas.. that after they FS it took them like a second to use berry or hide...so that would be a great chance to use MA or SBK. GR/DEVI is the counter for FS unless.. they freeze first.. so I'll use Marc/devi:D

That's a good tactic, but a smart Ninja would freeze you first and THEN Final Strike, thus giving you no real chance to do much. Honestly if their equips are right, they should do 999k everytime, though I guess that can't be expected all the time.
Posted Image

Varjot - Ninja
Dr Jones - Priest
Stangma - Stalker

#11 xXThe BossXx

xXThe BossXx

The Immortal

• Members
  • 856 posts
  • Interests:Baseball<br />Girls<br />Friends<br />GatheringRO<br />Movies<br />Anime<br />TEH SIMPSONS!<br />

Posted 04 August 2008 - 16:13

Good Guide,Although you say strategies for each class, i dont think killing Sinx is that easy, Soul Breaker+Meteor Assault has proved that they can kill ninjas.

Lord Knights?Well, they can try charge attack to knock you back, and since u will go back by yourself, it will be an upside to LK, until it corners you and BB the hell outta you(It has worked very well for me)

Devi+GR has also proven that it can reduce hugely the Ninjas FS, although i dont know if converter works on FS, a Class that uses 1 weapon can go Devi+GR+Thara and it reduces FS by more than half.

Just pointing out some things, but otherwise, Its a pretty good guide :D

#12 Augustus Blademor

Augustus Blademor

Novice

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 16:23

Good Guide,Although you say strategies for each class, i dont think killing Sinx is that easy, Soul Breaker+Meteor Assault has proved that they can kill ninjas.

Lord Knights?Well, they can try charge attack to knock you back, and since u will go back by yourself, it will be an upside to LK, until it corners you and BB the hell outta you(It has worked very well for me)

Devi+GR has also proven that it can reduce hugely the Ninjas FS, although i dont know if converter works on FS, a Class that uses 1 weapon can go Devi+GR+Thara and it reduces FS by more than half.

Just pointing out some things, but otherwise, Its a pretty good guide :D

Thanks for the input, though about the knockback... you can just hide and jump away, it'll be a pain for both sides to keep knocking the ninja back. :P

You're right about Devi+Thara, but GR can be bypassed with Falling Ice Pillar, just freeze them. But no, Final Strike is always neutral, can't be converted.

Thanks!
Posted Image

Varjot - Ninja
Dr Jones - Priest
Stangma - Stalker

#13 ZeratuL

ZeratuL

The Dark Templar

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 23:25

Ninjas are berry whores.. cant live without it

Then again.. Good guide :lol:

#14 veryveryfast

veryveryfast

Normal Member

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 00:40

bad time to make a fs ninja with the current ygg prices hehe
Posted Image

#15 evanC

evanC

Spammer

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:06

are u sure STR boosts FS dmg? theres ppl sayin no and ppl sayin yes. im rly confused. :blink:

#16 miumiu

miumiu

Black★Rock Shooter

• Members
  • 801 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 04:17

I already try it with my ninja and yes str did boost my dmg... but the huge hp is the essence of fs :lol:

bannerF4Eok.jpg

#17 Chucks

Chucks

Spammer

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 05:00

use GTB, Ghost, Devi, Ninja = nothing

But still this is really awesome guide

Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 Sirus

Sirus

End of the line!

• Community Contributors
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 10:12

If your dueling a creator, you want to have 2 Marina cards or Stormy Knight cards. Use Tatami making Acid Demonstration miss. And throw Kunais at the creator. Rember you have a 3 second time slot before you get hit again. Always best to count. When you have froze them use FS but as soon as you FS make sure to use Tatmi again just incase they don't die.

If i'm not back in five minutes. Just wait longer!

Somewhere out there, there is a tree providing oxygen for you to breathe and exists, i suggest you go and apologize to it, immediately. 

#19 xXThe BossXx

xXThe BossXx

The Immortal

• Members
  • 856 posts
  • Interests:Baseball<br />Girls<br />Friends<br />GatheringRO<br />Movies<br />Anime<br />TEH SIMPSONS!<br />

Posted 06 August 2008 - 16:18

Listen to this dude, He is the Master of FS Ninja >:D

#20 evanC

evanC

Spammer

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 16:45

would the main gauche with cards work better than the ice pick?
lets say 2 hydra 2 skelw vs +4 icepick.