Jump to content


Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Pvp Asura Champion Guide :D


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 S y n d r o m e

S y n d r o m e

    Banned

  • Banned
  • 512 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Gaming, Friends, Doodling :D

Posted 20 July 2009 - 01:09

~ The asura champion~
The asura champion, what can i say? Theese babies can do 999k damage a hit. This can own almost ANYONE! They are called Asura Champions because of there deadly Asura Strike attack. To get a champion, pick the acolyte class, then the monk class, then re-birth!
Read on for equips, builds, and anything else needed to make an epic asura champ!


~ Builds ~

My Build
Str= 200(+9 Bonus) For total of 209
Agi= 180(+9 Bonus) For total of 189
Vit= 89(+7 Bonus) For total of 96
Int= 12(+7 bonus) For total of 19
Dex= 200(+10 Bonus) For total of 210
Luk= 1(+3 Bonus) For total of 4 luk!


Build 2
Str= 200
Agi= 195 ASPD
Vit= Leftovers
Int= Asura only calculates up to 6k SP, but i'd make it a wee bit higher(mines only 8ksp) In case you get pressured, also you need extra to use finger offensive, your going to need it!
Dex= Instant cast(150 TOTAL, so if you have +10 dex, make your dex 140 to make it 150)
Luk= None is needed


~Equips~
1. Weapons
I use maces. Maces are easy to obtain, are 4 slotted all the time, and look cooler.
To get 4 slotted maces, go to pay_dun00 and kill skeletons, they drop 4 slotted maces 100% of the time!

Mace one will be your asura mace. People always debate over 3 hydra 1 skeli, or 2 hydra 2 skeli. Well, right now, im seeing more of 3 hydra 1 skeli. But, either one can do 999k damage with the right equips!
Mace two is your freezing mace. You need to freeze people if they have any cards that give resitance to ghost property(Ghost ring card, anyone?)
Well, a good way to freeze is getting 4 Marina Cards, Marinas spawn in iz_dun01
Each card gives you a 5% Chance to freeze! So, 4 will give you a 20% CHANCE!!!!
When freezing, dont use normal attack, use Finger Offensinve!

2. Armor

Get any armor with slots. In the slot, all you need, is a pest card, that way, when your using finger offensive, and your fighting, lets say, a sinx. There going to attack you TONS of times. The pest card has a 3% chance to infect your opponent with Stone Curse.
What stone curse does(tooken from ratemyserver.net)

Effect: Has a (20% + 4%*SkillLV) chance of causing the Stone Curse effect to the targeted enemy. The Stone Curse effect changes the targets element into Earth 1, gives +25% MDEF and -50% Def and reduces the targets HP by 1% of Maximum HP every 5 seconds (cannot drop below 25% of Maximum HP). Boss monsters cannot be Stone Cursed. Lex Aeterna and Steal cannot be used on a Stone Cursed target. Range is 2!! cells. From LV 6 on it no longer uses up a Gemstone if it fails.

You wont need a gemstone, since you are using it on a card.
(Note* Apparently you can use Flaming skull instead of pest card, and replace it with something sexier, like a marc card)
3. Headgear
Any headgear that will give more strength is needed. Baphomet horns and Golden Dragon Helm will work.
123pasty had this to say
and having alice doll or bapho horns will do more damage with asura, along with masquerade. odin's mask too if you can afford it
Listen to that also. Erm, ya...

Well, that all! This was the first update! Woot!\
ily all!
<3 S i n d r o m e


#2 dnnk

dnnk

    OMEVAD

  • Members
  • 704 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 20 July 2009 - 03:32

I still want to duel you on my champ.
  • 0
GETTING INVOLVED IN SHIT I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT SINCE '11. REPPIN' HARD DM FOR LIFE.

#3 S y n d r o m e

S y n d r o m e

    Banned

  • Banned
  • 512 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Gaming, Friends, Doodling :D

Posted 20 July 2009 - 04:08

but im scared of you :D

#4 luna

luna

    Rage Fury

  • Members
  • 656 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:India
  • Interests:Ragnarok , Dota , Beer.

Posted 20 July 2009 - 05:50

nice guide !
  • 0

Posted Image


#5 Lipton

Lipton

    Co-Founder

  • Game Masters
  • 82 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Switzerland

Posted 20 July 2009 - 07:41

I'm using Marc card in my Armor, to not get frozen^^

also i didnt duel for a long time, maybe we can duel when i am online…
  • 0
Human dirt
Vegetates at the expense of animals
Do you realise
The hell these creatures are going through
Use your voice and make it sound
Start to believe in yourself


Lipton, Teabagging you since 2005


#6 123patsy

123patsy

    Addict

  • Members
  • 658 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 20 July 2009 - 09:15

i think 3hydra 1skel worker >>> 2hydra 2skel worker
and having alice doll or bapho horns will do more damage with asura, along with masquerade. odin's mask too if you can afford it :mellow:
  • 0

#7 skip

skip

    Fearsome Knight of Windstorm !!

  • Community Contributors
  • 1,539 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Toy Factory, lvl2
  • Interests:Harada~

Posted 20 July 2009 - 20:31

Not a bad start, looking forward to seeing this get expanded with more techniques.
  • 0

#8 Blood Omen X

Blood Omen X

    The Sacred Silence

  • Banned
  • 718 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Underneath Your Bed =P

Posted 20 July 2009 - 23:55

I would think if you are in fact only out to asura to set up your mace to reflect that, if you plan on using a freezing mace you asura mace should contain 2 hydra/1Skel/1DrainLiar card as it will boost you damage with adding another multiplier to your damage calculation. Also you may want to try using gears that also add damage to Water Property monsters amplifying your Asura damage. Such as:
- Roween +10% damage on water property (garment)
- Galion +5% damage on water property (accesory)

I don't recommend relying on Asura its mroe a crutch then a straategy but if you are going to use it make sure its going to kill them if not you are a sitting duck without certain cards.

Posted Image
"Heroes live, and Heroes die. But Legends are eternal.
What will your legacy be..."


#9 dnnk

dnnk

    OMEVAD

  • Members
  • 704 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:24

Dracula card + kiels = rape.

More sp when you hit.
So when you do resort to asura, you can still have sp to do it again.
  • 0
GETTING INVOLVED IN SHIT I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT SINCE '11. REPPIN' HARD DM FOR LIFE.

#10 Dothy~

Dothy~

    Godlike

  • Community Contributors
  • 1,458 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:38

Lol, grats
your first guide xD
I guess since it's an asura-oriented guide it's fine.
  • 0

#11 Fugue

Fugue

    Extreme Member

  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:29

I would think if you are in fact only out to asura to set up your mace to reflect that, if you plan on using a freezing mace you asura mace should contain 2 hydra/1Skel/1DrainLiar card as it will boost you damage with adding another multiplier to your damage calculation. Also you may want to try using gears that also add damage to Water Property monsters amplifying your Asura damage. Such as:
- Roween +10% damage on water property (garment)
- Galion +5% damage on water property (accesory)

I don't recommend relying on Asura its mroe a crutch then a straategy but if you are going to use it make sure its going to kill them if not you are a sitting duck without certain cards.


This is not effective. Its the same as trying a Triple Bloody Exorcising mace.

Racial multipliers are greater than elemental multipliers when it comes to cards, therefore 3 of any race card should be combined with a elemental or size card to maximize damage. There are no stipulations against your Garment and Accessory cards though and those I would recommend trying
  • 0

#12 xUber

xUber

    Novice

  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cadbury Wonderland
  • Interests:Guns. Knives. Drums. Anyting dat'll make noise choas n fun.

Posted 21 July 2009 - 09:27

*Looks at d equips sect.* 4 Marina cards? Im not sure but i tink dat will barely help u freeze much :huh: Marina gives u a 5% chance to freeze, as well as a 95% chance to fail, therefore if u did place 4 marinas, your fail chance is totally wacko. I also noticed u didnt quite state anyting about shields :blink: Now that nameless is open, try getting flame skull. It also helps to stone curse allowing u to use another card for your amor :P Great guide ;)
  • 0

#13 Blood Omen X

Blood Omen X

    The Sacred Silence

  • Banned
  • 718 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Underneath Your Bed =P

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:02

This is not effective. Its the same as trying a Triple Bloody Exorcising mace.

Racial multipliers are greater than elemental multipliers when it comes to cards, therefore 3 of any race card should be combined with a elemental or size card to maximize damage. There are no stipulations against your Garment and Accessory cards though and those I would recommend trying

I'm not sure how or where you got the information that racial cards outdamage elemental cards as they give the same damage multiplier and if the targethas that element (ie Frozen=Water) It will benefit you just as much as a Hydra would. The Most damage you can get off of a target when frozen would be dealt with a 2 Hydra/Tgen/Drainliar Mace as only the hydras stack the rest will combine with each other by multiplying their %. The only thing is the mace is not practical for anything but Asura on a Frozen target, that is true, but if you are a "PURE" asura build you won't be doing much else so why not get the most out of your utter waste of SP?

Posted Image
"Heroes live, and Heroes die. But Legends are eternal.
What will your legacy be..."


#14 Nicocaine

Nicocaine

    Godlike

  • Community Contributors
  • 1,604 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Eve's heart.

Posted 21 July 2009 - 11:44

First Guide Rocks! :D
Nice guide hope to see more of your guides :)
  • 0
Posted Image

#15 S y n d r o m e

S y n d r o m e

    Banned

  • Banned
  • 512 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Gaming, Friends, Doodling :D

Posted 22 July 2009 - 00:19

*Looks at d equips sect.* 4 Marina cards? Im not sure but i tink dat will barely help u freeze much :huh: Marina gives u a 5% chance to freeze, as well as a 95% chance to fail, therefore if u did place 4 marinas, your fail chance is totally wacko. I also noticed u didnt quite state anyting about shields :blink: Now that nameless is open, try getting flame skull. It also helps to stone curse allowing u to use another card for your amor :P Great guide ;)


Marina card only states that it gtives you %5 Chane to freeze, so 4 would allow a 20% chance to freeze, 80% not to, and finger offensive is around 4 hits each cast(i think) so freezing wouldnt take to long if you know how to spam
Maybe im wrong, eh. First guide xD
And uhh...shields? I totally forgot i could wield a shield with a mace, thanks for pointing that out *gets ready to hunt for a valkyrie shield*

Flame skull, not bad, but, isnt it pricey? Im un-sure, 50 mil is a LOT to me, but im a poor bastid xD

Thanks for the critcism

#16 dnnk

dnnk

    OMEVAD

  • Members
  • 704 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:03

For freezing, you should get a completely separate weapon.
Flame skull is easy to hunt, cause abbey is open now.


To be a good asura champ, you need *Im just making this up on the spot* a weapon with..

1) mace with sk sk sk sk
2) mace with dracula dracula tg hydra

Freeze + asura + sp from dracula + more freezing.
  • 0
GETTING INVOLVED IN SHIT I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT SINCE '11. REPPIN' HARD DM FOR LIFE.

#17 Fugue

Fugue

    Extreme Member

  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:52

I'm not sure how or where you got the information that racial cards outdamage elemental cards as they give the same damage multiplier and if the targethas that element (ie Frozen=Water) It will benefit you just as much as a Hydra would. The Most damage you can get off of a target when frozen would be dealt with a 2 Hydra/Tgen/Drainliar Mace as only the hydras stack the rest will combine with each other by multiplying their %. The only thing is the mace is not practical for anything but Asura on a Frozen target, that is true, but if you are a "PURE" asura build you won't be doing much else so why not get the most out of your utter waste of SP?


Try your damage on a Salamander then, with 3 racial cards and a elemental card, then with 3 elemental cards and a racial card.
The damage depends all on the level of element the monster has.

Therefore, wouldn't it be better to assume that a size modifier would compliment the -50% Def from being frozen?

And not only that, what if the person gets STONED instead of FROZEN? You would be missing out on your damage even then! A good champ would rely on both to get the elemental property of a person to change from Ghost to Water/Earth, and an even better one to factor in a def loss using size modifiers.

EDIT: I eat my own words as I just tested sac with it (+10 pike with double bloody boned saharic) and it gives as much damage as my assaulter spear on a frozen target (in some cases more, if the person is wearing a devi[<---cant confirm that yet]) but man....this opens up entirely new possibilities for weap card combinations that I never thought of before
  • 0

#18 xUber

xUber

    Novice

  • Members
  • 25 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Cadbury Wonderland
  • Interests:Guns. Knives. Drums. Anyting dat'll make noise choas n fun.

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:55

:huh: O.O;; Tell me your just joking cus flame skull aint worth much :blush: I gave out flame skulls in rachel once when i needed space in storage xD. TOoooOOoo baaAAddd NONE of us can match up to u chris.... BACK OFF! I rather symdrome made this a NO sk tgen guide x.x; I feel so much like i don't fit in this game :(
  • 0

#19 skip

skip

    Fearsome Knight of Windstorm !!

  • Community Contributors
  • 1,539 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Toy Factory, lvl2
  • Interests:Harada~

Posted 22 July 2009 - 17:45

Flame skull gives a chance of casting stun, curse, blind, or stone curse when hit. Goes in shield. A couple major flaws with this, though..

1. You rely on being hit, which can hurt depending on the class you go up against. SB sinx, MR pally, and champ all rely on burst damage, and your chance-on-being-hit is going to suck against them.
2. You rely on being hit WITHOUT a thara, that's an additional 30% damage you're taking. Better hope you're dueling a combo champ or something else that'll do a lot of hits and not much damage.
3. Three out of four statuses won't even change their armor element. Stun, curse, and blind are useless if you're dueling a GR user. Stone curse works if they have low int, but you have to wait till they fully stone. You're relying on a 5% chance, but there are cards with higher chances, i.e. pest with 77+ int (9%) or dark frame (6%) if you'd like to keep your thara. But I'd probably prefer using the quad weapon to inflict status unless you had a garm card.

Also, if you're trying to reach max aspd, knuckles have lower weapon delay for monk classes than maces, so using a 4-slotted +0 Waghnak is ok for marinas, too. I don't know the prevalence of swordbreakers, WS cards, or whitesmiths here, but if that's an issue, maces might still be a better choice since they're naturally unbreakable.
  • 0

#20 Fire_Dragon

Fire_Dragon

    Godlike

  • Members
  • 3,752 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Alde; Jakarta, Indonesia.
  • Interests:Anything that I like.

Posted 22 July 2009 - 18:54

Let me give you some info around, skip :)
1. MR = Martyr Recokning, but maybe some people here are more familiar with [Sacrifice] Pally :P .
2. Combo Champ is rare, AFAIK. So far, I only seen some DD SinX who dealt low damage, while others dealt quite a damage. Not to mention the all-around Assasin Damascus.
3. WS card is quite common nowadays, since donation's open. Whitesmiths and Swordbreakers are quite rare.


@topic
I got a few things to say:
1. Since you got +9 Str in total, try getting a Antique Firelock on you Tidal since it'll boost your attack (thus your Ashura) ;)
2. Giant Whisper on your Wool also useful for raising your attack. But if you aren't using Tidal+Wool combo, you could using Skeleton Manteau for adding some Str, Dex, and Luk.
3. If your opponent doesn't like to hide and you got a fast connection, try using Seeker card on your Shield (preferably Strong Shield for it's anti-knockback) and do some Body Relo and cast Stone Curse on your opponents when you caught them off guard.
4. Maya P helps you alot in finding a Cloaking/Hiding opponent. Combo with Ruwach until they're tired of hiding lol.
5. For accessory, 2x Slotted Ring with Mantis or 2x Expert Ring with Mantis also could help.
6. Or if you wanna some trick, use Thorn Shield+Horn of Buffalo so your attacker could be frozen if they're attacking you while you're on a Mace with 4 Marinas.


Good luck :)





PS. I didn't play Ashura Champ on PvP nowadays, so please tell me if I made mistake within this post :P
  • 0

Posted Image

Never Wake a Sleeping Dragon. ...Especially the Firey One :)