Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Unblocking Scaraba Hole 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
73 replies to this topic

#1 Ingram Plisken

Ingram Plisken

Novice

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 00:43

Reasons:

It is, hands down, the best leveling map in the game at the moment. It surprasses Thor in every way possible; The mobs have about 20k less Hp, the area is much smaller so it's easier to find them, there's lots so you'll rarely run out, and they're even a higher level than Salamanders and Kasas to boot!

Problem:

Unlocking the map gives access to the new world, when Everade And His Happy Friends (The GM team, nice ring to it, eh? Eh?)want people to do the quest. The issue with this is.. while the quest isn't exactly difficult, it is tedious to have to repeat on ALL your characters, not only, but mostly because of having to gather the 300 jellopies each time and not being able to warp on Munkenro's trial. Some will say this is easy, no problem, I agree. It is easy. It's just tedious.

It's tedious wether you do the umbala quest or wether you kill porings or wether you kill ant eggs.

Solutions:

Unlock dic_dun02 but remove the warp portal to 01
Unlock 01 but remove the warp portal to outside
Make jellopies buyable again
Make the quest unlock the new world account wide (This is not realistic, as I'm sure it'd take an inmense amount of work in comparison to the others)

Thank you for taking the time to read! Comments? Ideas?

#2 Angelus Domini

Angelus Domini

Amalgamation Retiree

• Members
  • 772 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 00:50

Everade said he'll return the EXP rate of pre-renewals and apply it to the server now. So Thor would suffice to level up from 200-250 then. ;)

#3 Ingram Plisken

Ingram Plisken

Novice

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:20

It would suffice, yes.. but it'd be sub-optimal compared to Scaraba :P And we all love optimization, right?

#4 Angelus Domini

Angelus Domini

Amalgamation Retiree

• Members
  • 772 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:44

Well, yeah, but pre-renewals, it would take like 30 mins to get to max from 200 below by leveling in Thor. Optimizing is cool but it would be unfair to those who went through the long New World Quest just to get the New World monster's drops and then here comes the unlocking of the Scaraba Hole, where you can just walk out to the Manuk fields.

Yup, your solution to take away the warps may work but... how would you get out if you want to get back out? Assuming, you've done the New World Quest and would just want to get back out of the dungeon and back out to Manuk. If you'd just go out using @go or butterfly wing, then you'd have to go through all the warping and walking again to get back to Manuk.

I mean unlocking Scaraba with our current EXP would be justified. But pre-renewals EXP back, Thor being fine, wouldn't.

Although, another side of me is saying yes since I'd prefer to level up fast. And with pre-renewals EXP back, and getting a 300% field manual, damn, it's gonna be so fucking fast. That's my lazy side though. :lol:

#5 Kenzie Riann

Kenzie Riann

Miss Bossy Boots

• Game Masters
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:48

Yup, your solution to take away the warps may work but... how would you get out if you want to get back out? Assuming, you've done the New World Quest and would just want to get back out of the dungeon and back out to Manuk. If you'd just go out using @go or butterfly wing, then you'd have to go through all the warping and walking again to get back to Manuk

Place an NPC at the entrances/exits that you must speak too, to enter/exit the dungeon. They'll, of course, know if did the quest or not.

You know. Like the NPC's you have to talk too in MidCamp in order to enter Manuk/Splendide fields.

dLxMv.png

#6 Angelus Domini

Angelus Domini

Amalgamation Retiree

• Members
  • 772 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:07

Oh. Yeah, nice idea! :)

By the way, you can get Jellopies at Umbala, by trading it for Meat at an NPC. And no, you won't need to do the Umbala language quest to do it. ;)

#7 Ingram Plisken

Ingram Plisken

Novice

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:21

Well, yeah, but pre-renewals, it would take like 30 mins to get to max from 200 below by leveling in Thor. Optimizing is cool but it would be unfair to those who went through the long New World Quest just to get the New World monster's drops and then here comes the unlocking of the Scaraba Hole, where you can just walk out to the Manuk fields.

Yup, your solution to take away the warps may work but... how would you get out if you want to get back out? Assuming, you've done the New World Quest and would just want to get back out of the dungeon and back out to Manuk. If you'd just go out using @go or butterfly wing, then you'd have to go through all the warping and walking again to get back to Manuk.

I mean unlocking Scaraba with our current EXP would be justified. But pre-renewals EXP back, Thor being fine, wouldn't.

Although, another side of me is saying yes since I'd prefer to level up fast. And with pre-renewals EXP back, and getting a 300% field manual, damn, it's gonna be so fucking fast. That's my lazy side though. :lol:

And it'd take 20 minutes in Scaraba :P

Also, it's faster to just go to mid camp then Manuk, as there's nothing of interest in the Dicastes fields at the moment.

Place an NPC at the entrances/exits that you must speak too, to enter/exit the dungeon. They'll, of course, know if did the quest or not.

You know. Like the NPC's you have to talk too in MidCamp in order to enter Manuk/Splendide fields.

This is a dandy idea.

Oh. Yeah, nice idea! :)

By the way, you can get Jellopies at Umbala, by trading it for Meat at an NPC. And no, you won't need to do the Umbala language quest to do it. ;)

Yeah, I mentioned this.. but it's one at a time. A click and 3 dialogue boxes 150 times is tedious >_>

#8 Mahrze

Mahrze

Living Metal

• Community Contributors
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:33

Reasons:

It is, hands down, the best leveling map in the game at the moment. It surprasses Thor in every way possible; The mobs have about 20k less Hp, the area is much smaller so it's easier to find them, there's lots so you'll rarely run out, and they're even a higher level than Salamanders and Kasas to boot!

I never saw thor as the best map. Being honest, I enjoyed Abbey03 or LHZ03 a lot more. Also depends on the class. You do make an obvious point, I'll grant you that. There is a problem though:

Problem:

Unlocking the map gives access to the new world, when Everade And His Happy Friends (The GM team, nice ring to it, eh? Eh?)want people to do the quest. The issue with this is.. while the quest isn't exactly difficult, it is tedious to have to repeat on ALL your characters, not only, but mostly because of having to gather the 300 jellopies each time and not being able to warp on Munkenro's trial. Some will say this is easy, no problem, I agree. It is easy. It's just tedious.

It's tedious wether you do the umbala quest or wether you kill porings or wether you kill ant eggs.

As much as I consider it fair, taking into consideration some other options that I'll leave nameless, I find it hardly a high price to pay. But yeah, it is a suggestion thread.

Solutions:

Unlock dic_dun02 but remove the warp portal to 01
Unlock 01 but remove the warp portal to outside
Make jellopies buyable again
Make the quest unlock the new world account wide (This is not realistic, as I'm sure it'd take an inmense amount of work in comparison to the others)

Thank you for taking the time to read! Comments? Ideas?

Now, If we unlock the Scaraba Hole dungeon... Why would it be necessary to make jellopies buy-able again? Sure, it is not a bad idea to unlock everything... But if so, why make them buy-able? If unlocked nobody will do the quest.

I'll take it to survey in the GM team. Wait for the announcements and maybe you'll see the answer you want.

EDIT: By the way, do not excuse laziness under the banner of "optimization". Gives "optimization" an ill limelight.

Then I shall exist solely to moisten the lips of that beautiful beginning.

#9 Angelus Domini

Angelus Domini

Amalgamation Retiree

• Members
  • 772 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:34

Yeah, but you mentioned something about the Umbala quest. This Jellopy exchange NPC doesn't need a quest to activate. :P

#10 Ingram Plisken

Ingram Plisken

Novice

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:41

Yeah, but you mentioned something about the Umbala quest. This Jellopy exchange NPC doesn't need a quest to activate. :P

Oh yeah. My bad, I meant the meat exchange npc :)

#11 Angelus Domini

Angelus Domini

Amalgamation Retiree

• Members
  • 772 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:43

Oh, and there you go... the GM's will decide whether to accept or decline this suggestion. ;)

#12 Sapimoo

Sapimoo

Moo

• Community Contributors
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:01

EXP rate back to before renewal
First owner of Prism Helm server wide : Saturday, August 21, 20:30:00

Posted Image

#13 Angelus Domini

Angelus Domini

Amalgamation Retiree

• Members
  • 772 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 08:16

EXP rate back to before renewal

Yeah, Everade will do that. :mellow:

#14 S i l h o u e t t e

S i l h o u e t t e

Pure Imba~

• Members
  • 979 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 15:52

+1
Posted Image

#15 Raiju

Raiju

Spammer

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 16:42

Just do the new world quest if you really want to go to dic_dun02 ... It is extremely easy and does not take very long.. Hunt the jellopies with the skill "Steal" .. That way you only have to kill 150 drops/porings..
Posted Image

#16 Angelus Domini

Angelus Domini

Amalgamation Retiree

• Members
  • 772 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 16:48

There's an easier way... that meat exchanger NPC in Umbala. You get 2 Jellopies per 1 Meat. And you don't have to do the Umbala Language Quest to do it. ;)

#17 Raiju

Raiju

Spammer

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 18:14

Oh I did not know about that... Hmm thanks ..
Posted Image

#18 Angelus Domini

Angelus Domini

Amalgamation Retiree

• Members
  • 772 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 18:35

Yeah.. problem is you'd have to talk to him 150 times though. And that you'd have to find him in Umbala. He isn't inside a building but you wouldn't know if it's him because he speaks in a different language. And the selections you'd choose is also in another language. XD

But yeah, if you know his coords, then the only issue left is to talk to him 150 times and bring 150 meat to get 300 Jellopies. ;)

#19 Raiju

Raiju

Spammer

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 18:45

Oh ... Well still faster than killing 300 poring/drops ..
Posted Image

#20 Angelus Domini

Angelus Domini

Amalgamation Retiree

• Members
  • 772 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 18:50

Oh yeah. Hard part is finding the NPC itself. lol :lol: