Everade

Troubleshooting, Game Does Not Work, Connection Issues

Question

troubleshooting.png

We're here to help you :)

~First and foremost we need to approve if GatheringRO has been correctly installed on your Computer Entertainment System.
And if your Computer can even handle this game.

System Requirements:

• Minimum
    • Processor: Pentium II 400MHz
    • Memory: 128 MB RAM
    • Graphics: 3D Acceleration compatible (8MB video memory)
    • DirectX: 8.0
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Hard Drive: 2.3 GB available space
    • Sound Card: Direct Sound Compatible/Support 3D Sound Effects
    • Additional Notes: Run as Administrator
    • Apple Mac & Linux:
      Please note that Ragnarok Online is designed for Windows Operating Systems, and thus is not fully supported on OSx and Linux Operating Systems. You may have some luck running GatheringRO on a Windows emulator, such as WinE or Boot Camp to load the game. Accordingly, GatheringRO may not function properly on a Mac or Linux-based computer.

GatheringRO Installation Guide:

• [Download] the latest, official GatheringRO-FullClient.
  • Make sure to install the FullClient into a new, clean folder.
  • Start the GatheringRO always through the Patcher to make sure that your client is always up to date. (Shortcut can be found in the start menu and on your desktop)

Why do I still get Gravity/Sprite Errors?

• Have you installed the latest FullClient?
  • Have you started GatheringRO through the patcher and it installed all patches successfuly?

If your Patcher isn't working properly, then please checkout the troubleshooting threat which can be found here [link].

Black Window, Crazy Colors, Other Graphic Bugs:

• Install the latest Video Card driver from the brand you're using.
  • Update the most common drivers of your motherboard, such as the chipset etc...
  • Error Message: VPU recover has reset your graphics
    This error can be caused by near everything, updating the most common drivers like stated above can possibly fix this issue.
    Mostly it's caused by an overclocked system, such as your ram, cpu etc... If that's the case, change the BIOS settings back to default/auto (Only for advanced users)

I'm not able to connect to the Game:

• Being disconnected when trying to login with an existing account.
    Causes for this issue can either be an outdated, modified or wrong installation of GatheringRO. Please note that our anti cheat system can detect modified files and with that block you from being able to play. Download and install our latest Full Client as described above and don't forget to update gRO through our patcher. If you're having issues patching, please continue reading this threat [link].
  • Of course, this issue can also be caused due strict firewall settings and/or a missing internet connection. Add GatheringRO into the "Ignore List" of your firewalls, or disable them completly.

Why isn't GatheringRO starting at all?

• Be sure that you have downloaded our latest FullClient available and installed GatheringRO into a proper directory. [download]
  • Have you checked the System Requirements at the top?
  • GatheringRO can ONLY be started through the Patcher. Starting the GatheringRO.exe directly won't work!
  • Click on the "Settings" button at your patcher, and try a few different configurations. (Shortcut for Settings can also be found in the start menu)
    • Make sure that at the bottom left, lua is activated (blue circle) and not the registry. Otherwise your changes will take no effect! [view]
    • Check if in the "Graphic Device" dropdown box are options to be chosen. If there are, pick your installed video card if available. If it's already chosen, try a different one. [view]
    • If the graphic device dropdown box is blank with no options to be chosen, means likely that you have no drivers installed, they need an update, or that you need to enable hardware acceleration.
    • In any case, adjust the Resolution. Full Screen mode and too high resolutions can cause major issues! Either that the game does not work at all, or that you will be having issues when taking screenshots. [view]
    • Check your "Sound Mode" settings. If you're missing a sound driver, it is required to set the sound mode to "No Sound", it's usually always a good idea to try this, just in case there's anything wrong with your sound card. [view]
  • Was the gRO patcher able to patch properly?
    It's possible that your firewall is blocking the patcher. Add GatheringRO into the "Ignore List" of the firewall, or disable it completly. Don't forget that Anti-Virus and Spyware tools can include firewalls to. Please also make sure to start the Patcher as an Administrator. If your Patcher isn't working properly then please checkout the patcher trouble-shooting thread which can be found right here. [Patcher Error Solutions]
    We always report false negative reports to all major anti virus software companies, yet it's possible that you're using a software which we've missed or still has strict settings which may block the patcher connection.

• Are you a Windows Vista ,7, 8 or 10 User?
    Windows gives you constant pop-up dialogs asking if you want to do something. Over and over again. This can block the game entirely from beeing started.
    To turn it off go to your User Accounts control panel. Select "Turn User Account Control on or off" at the end of the list. A description of the feature appears with a Checkbox or a slider. Uncheck the box or slide the slider right to the bottom and click OK.
  • You may check to see that your version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package is up to date - installing at least each of the successive Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package (x86) starting from the year that you have currently installed through the most currently available package. In most cases, installing this and rebooting your computer should solve this error.

Before installing, confirm that you don't have any of the software mentioned. Check them out on "Add/Remove Programs" from your Control Panel. They should appear there if you have installed them. Most people already have 2005 installed, so it's best to try the 2008 version first. Keep in mind that having 2010 does not mean you have all the necessary files that are in the 2008 version. So even if you have the 2010 version, install these anyway if you don't have them.

Download and install the following VC++ Redistributables in the following order: 2005; 2005 SP1; 2008; 2008 SP1

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86)
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

Next, Install .Net Frameworks in the following order: 1.0 SP3; 1.1 SP1; 2.0 SP1; 3.0 SP1; 3.5 SP1, 4.0, Windows Installer 4.5

Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 Service Pack 3
    Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1
    Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1
    Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1
    Microsoft .NET Framework 4
    Windows Installer 4.5 Redistributable

Specific Client Errors

• The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.
    Your computer is missing the correct C++ runtime components.
    Installing the Microsoft Redistributable packages above should resolve the issue.
  • Error Code: C::A-M
    Error Details:
    6ae69f02
    5b4219f8
    Make sure that the file younas.bin is in the folder ".../GatheringRO/harmony/"
    If the file is missing, ask someone for it, (GM or players), someone will help you out for sure ;).
    If the file vanishes right away, make sure to add the file to the "trusted" list of your Anti Virus software.
  • Cannot init d3d OR grf file has problem.
    There are 2 possible causes for this error, either your video card or the grf files.
    1. Your video card isn't properly set in the settings of RO (open the settings with the patcher and check it), or you need to update your video card driver.
    2. The grf directories are damaged and you've to re-install GatheringRO
  • Speak, friend, and enter: 0x000005b4.
    This means that the Anti Cheat System cannot connect to our server. It may be caused by your anti-virus software, which is preventing gRO from establishing the connection. Try disabling your firewall and anti-virus software completely to check if this is the case. If so, you’ll need to create an exception for GatheringRO and the GatheringRO patcher in your own personal anti-virus software.
    We always report false negative reports to all major anti virus software companies, yet it's possible that you're using a software which we've missed or still has strict settings which may block the client connection.

//----------------------------------------------
My Issue is not listed down here.
Please report your issue as detailed as possible. [here]

If you've discovered a different solution for your issue, please post them right here in this topic!

14 answers to this question

I noticed I couldn't play or make the patch work, unless I unchecked gathering ro patcher in my fire wall as an exception. " I repeat I unchecked it"

meaning empty check box, the opposite of what I was told. It was checked when I went in, and after I unchecked it leaving the box empty. It work no

problem and the game launched fine. anyone having problems or getting error, should turn there anti virus off, and make sure the box is empty in your

windows fire wall exception list. I hope this works for anyone trying to install and play. No re-install necessary.

Updated topic with latest info available.

I hope this helps everyone who's in trouble.
Was a major overhaul...

Took special care for:
Why isn't GatheringRO starting at all?
Including pictures and links for further support in such cases.

wtf! i cant even login with every character i have! it says here hte exception unknown software exception (0xc000049) occured in the application at location 0x004f2c52. ive been playing here since 2011. whyd it appear now? this is really bullshit

this sucks! i have been playing with no errors and stuff and now this happened. i was able to login at first and got disconnected. if you dont fix it now, you will lose at lot of players and this server will be dead. oh dont worry, i will leave a comment about this on ratemyserver and show how this server is progressing.

wtf! i cant even login with every character i have! it says here hte exception unknown software exception (0xc000049) occured in the application at location 0x004f2c52. ive been playing here since 2011. whyd it appear now? this is really bullshit

this sucks! i have been playing with no errors and stuff and now this happened. i was able to login at first and got disconnected. if you dont fix it now, you will lose at lot of players and this server will be dead. oh dont worry, i will leave a comment about this on ratemyserver and show how this server is progressing.

Just because your system is having issues does not mean that every player has got the same problems.

The client is perfectly fine and should not crash if it's properly installed and nothing is blocking the client.

Your issue can be caused by several different things.

This trouble shooting topic should help you through the process of trying to figure out what's wrong.

Using the search engine in our forums also helps a lot.

I've found 2 topics with the same issue you've had, however those topics are already a little bit older:

http://www.gatheringro.ch/_forum/index.php?showtopic=44116

http://www.gatheringro.ch/_forum/index.php?showtopic=44306

In all cases a re-installation fixed the issue, so the actual cause has never been found.

It would help me if you could tell me more details about your issue so i could possibly adress it.

For instance in which situation exactly it happens, including the character name.

It might have something to do with corrupted system files. Try doing a full scan on the drive before you re-install.

im sorry to bother.. but im having an issue to run ragnarok.

im reinstall after formatting my lappy. before it works okay but now i just can run patch and when i click start nothing happen.

no warning whatsoever. im using windows 10. do anyone have same problem as mine? can u share solution here?

Go to your gRO installation folder and check if the GatheringRO.exe is still in the main folder of the installation.

As a temporary solution you could create a shortcut to the GatheringRO.exe.

Open the shortcut property and add " -1rag & 1sak1" to the end of target.

For example:

E:\Games\GatheringRO\GatheringRO.exe -1rag1 & 1sak1

This way you should be able to start the game directly through the shortcut.

If this also doesn't work, it's probably your anti virus software which is blocking the game to be started.

Add the GatheringRO.exe file to the trusted list of your anti virus software.

Also tell me which anti virus software you're using, so i can report a false positive to them.

Please tell me if it worked.

Go to your gRO installation folder and check if the GatheringRO.exe is still in the main folder of the installation.

As a temporary solution you could create a shortcut to the GatheringRO.exe.

Open the shortcut property and add " -1rag & 1sak1" to the end of target.

For example:

E:\Games\GatheringRO\GatheringRO.exe -1rag1 & 1sak1

This way you should be able to start the game directly through the shortcut.

If this also doesn't work, it's probably your anti virus software which is blocking the game to be started.

Add the GatheringRO.exe file to the trusted list of your anti virus software.

Also tell me which anti virus software you're using, so i can report a false positive to them.

Please tell me if it worked.

im sorry. it didnt work. i can run patch. its patching till complete but when i try to start the game nothing happen no ragnarok or nothing. just that. im dont use any antivirus. just windows defender

Hi I have been trying to install RO all night but its still won't open I'm having the same errors every time I try to reinstall, please advice on what to do. I'm using Win10

post-54199-0-05083200-1466268222_thumb.png

Corrupt installation files means you most likely have a bad internet connection and downloaded via the direct link.

The only solution:
Re-Download the entire Full Client.

I highly recommend to use the Torrent Download instead.
Because with the torrent download your file is being checked, so it does NOT become corrupt as you've just experienced it.