Everade

Major Client Update

This update comes with some major changes and new features on our client.
Let's start with the bad news first, and continue with some amazing new content for our game.
This may weight down heavy on you, so grab a hyperventilation bag and let's get into the details!

Rainy Day

Windows XP no longer supported!

Ragnarok Online officialy dropped support for Windows XP with their latest updates, and sadly so do we.
As technology advances, a game does too. Gravity has officially dropped support for Windows XP because they are using new technologies within the client which is no longer supported by this old operating system.

We urge users to upgrade their windows operating systems, not just to play GatheringRO, but also because continuing to use it represents a high security risk for the user since Win XP is also no longer supported by Microsoft itself. Since it was officialy dropped back in 2014, there's no way for us to keep on supporting a predated operating system while offering you the latest content.

-> Updated System Requirements Info

No Multi-Clienting

Running multiple clients at the same time does no longer work. This topic has been an ongoing internal disussion for several years now. We're well aware that there are still several players who used this feature on a daily basis and loved it from the bottom of their heart. I personally used it quite a lot for testing purposes as well.

However our rules have adapted over the past years to fit our vast customizations on the core gameplay.
Our patches over the past few years were mainly centered around a 1 account only gameplay.
This allowed us to handout way more rewards than ever before, to create a truly rewarding core system without destroying the economy. It also enabled us to negate the need for running the game multiple times.

Just to name a few updates we've published over the past years:
Personal WoE Rewards, Battlegrounds rewards overhaul, Unlocked more character slots, Achievement system, Account bound rare rewards, Party based instances with personal rewards, Daily Login rewards, Personal World Boss rewards, Adventure Guild daily rewards, Pro Hunter system, Easier MVP Card access, Better invasion rewards and many more!

Playing with multiple characters at the same time has been one of the main questions and report reasons that never left the board since we've adapted our ingame rules. We didn't want to punish players even though it was clearly stated in our rules. Because we were still offering an easy possibility to run multiple instances of the game simultaneously. We usualy pointed out that multi clienting won't be possible in near future. And here we are.

Auto trading can still be used to vend with your second account, but you won't be able to login with multiple accounts at the same time. This brings more clarity to our current rules and shall help players to focus on their main account and their main characters.

We hope that you will understand our decision to offer a more fair gameplay experience for everyone.

New Features

Switch - 2nd Equipment Set
You can now determine an entire secondary gear set, including costumes, to be switched in an instant!
The chosen gear equipment will be marked with an icon so you don't put them away by accident.

Switch item marks

As long as the secondary gear set is available in your inventory, you can switch your entire gear with a simple click.

There's a 10 second delay before you can switch your gear sets again. The costume tab features the same interface, so your look can also be switched a long with the switch function. Both, the equipment and the costumes will be switched once you press the button.

Switch function

Sprite Preview
Headgears and Costumes can now be previewed on your character without actualy wearing the item!
This means that you can also preview items which are being linked into the chat or from other sources.
This feature is currently not supported within the cash shop or custom currency shop interfaces.

Sprite Preview

New Command
@refresh is now available for all players.

We've made this command available due several player requests to update the current positions of the own character and others.

Upon triggering the command, your client will refresh the entire screen, reloading all player, monster and npc positions including other data.
To prevent abuse of the command, there are certain cooldowns that apply upon triggering the command.

Tip Box

We've had one way in the past, but it got broken a long the way. Now the tips are back and packed with useful information, including images.
You can now navigate through the tip box by either clicking yourself through the available links within the text, or by using the search function at the top right corner of the window. You can open the tip box at any given time by clicking onto the new menu icon at the top left of your screen.

We might further expand this feature with additional information in the future.

Tip Box

Storage
A new tab called Costume has been added to the user interface of the storage.
This makes it easier to find your favourite costumes in the vast amount of gears you've been gathering over the past years.
Shadow costumes have also been moved into this new section.

New Storage UI

Due the implementation of the Switch feature, each item requires an additional 4 bytes of data to be sent to the client.
Sadly, there's a certain package limit the client can handle. That means that we're yet again hitting the maximum limit of possible items saved within the storage. This forced us to reduce the base-storage size from 600 down to 500. Luckily there are only a handful of players who have more than 500 items in their storage. But we understand and appologise that this isn't the best change.

* Fixed a bug that in certain cases players weren't able to move items into the storage.

Character Selection

Let's pretty up your login experience!

Yet another overhaul on the character user interface!
With the new character selection at hand, you got now a perfect overview of all your characters right on the same page.

Character Selection

Known Bug:
Character customizations such as hair styles, hair colors and clothing colors currently can't be displayed within the char selection screen, due resulting in a crash of the game client. That's why we've implemented a workaround to prevent this crash. We're still investigating the issue and will fix it on a later date.

Character Creation

The character creation also comes with a new interface to inform you properly about the available classes for the current races available.
It offers your the initial hair styles and colors with a direct preview, which makes it faster and easier to create your personal character.
Our custom hairstyles and colors are still available ingame.

Character Creation

Party Interface

You can now drag party members out of the party window and place it wherever you want.
The new class icons also help you to find the right people you're willing to interact with. This is especially convenient for support classes as you can use these small player interfaces to directly buff or heal a party member.

New Party UI

Battlegrounds Information
Our battlegrounds now got a dedicated information page built into the menu.
You can't use it to directly join the battlegrounds, but to get detailed information about our available custom game modes.

The Help button also sheds light on how to join the fight and further details on how to around the Battlegrounds.

New Battlegrounds UI

RodEx - Ro Delivery Express

Our mail delivery service recieved another visual overhaul.
It now comes in a much cleaner design but has not much changed as in its usage.

RoDex - RO Delivery Express

Screenshots
The new Twitter feature now allows you to either capture full screens or even just a part of it by clicking and dragging to your prefered size.
Once the screenshot has been taken, you can preview it ingame right away!
The Twitter connection/sharing is not yet functional. Even though i've been doing several tests with it already, i wasn't able to get my head around it just yet. Since we don't have access to the source code of the client, features like this are extremely hard to implement.
We may implement it on a later date when we know more.

- Also updated the gRO logo at the right bottom of the screen when taking screenshots.

Twitter screenshot sharing

Achievements
The achievement system has been completly translated.
You shouldn't experience any further scrambled achievement unlocks or missing information inside the achievement user interface itself.
So there there are quite a few new things to explore and unlock!

Cash Shop
Our cash shop also recieved a new User Interface.
Some categories have been split up or moved together to offer a better overview.
The new rotating image banners at the top will be used for advertisting our latest event or cash shop content and are clickable, opening the linked website in your internet browser.
The Get Cash button is also directly linked to our website and makes it easier/faster for you to purchase cash points.

Updated several box graphics and improved the item descriptions for some boxed items for better clarity on what you're going to get.

New Cash Shop UI

Attributes Info

The main attributes within the Attributes user interfcace now inform you about their actual impact on your character by holding the cursor over them.
If you're interested into even further details on your attributes and their impact on your character; checkout the new Tip Box.
This helps especialy newcomers to get their stats balanced properly.

Attribute Info

Game Settings - Advanced Settings

Several game settings, including graphical ones have been moved directly in to the game.
From now on you can change several settings while playing. Some settings however require you to restart the game, such as changing the resolution.

The game settings tool which can be started directly from the gRO patcher is still available and offers you the same features just like you're used to.

Navigation System

The navigation system also recieved a few updates.
You can now pick your favourite navigation guide icon to make your journey more colorful.
Locations can now also be shared with other players by using the share button within the navigation interface.

New World Boss

A new powerful world boss appeared at the walls of Prontera.
Protect the citizens of Prontera and claim rare rewards for your sacrifice!

King Poring World Boss

This new world boss features a new challenge and brand new rewards, including the new King Poring Card.
King Poring has been added to the current World Boss rotation system.

Instance Updates

Central Laboratory Release
This is the initial balanced release of the Central Laboratory.
Travel to the past and observe an experiment gone wrong!
Central Laboratory Instance
[Wiki Guide]

Legendary Gear Updates

Cosmic Infinity
* Implemented alternate Cosmic Infinity sprite quest
  Talk to the legendary smith Vulcan to get started

Shop Updates

* Added a new costume to the Adventure Guild Shop

* Added new costumes to the weekly Token Shop rotation

* Added Fruit Sandae pet food to the pet shop in Althea (for Marin)

* Added new costumes to the World Boss shop
* Added new costumes to the Pro Hunter shop
* Added new costumes and weapons to the Emperium shops

Misc Updates

* Updated Warp Agent with all current available instances
* Fixed issue with the beginner quest that the card image previews were causing an error

* Updated all skill description with the latest information
* Updated all item descriptions with the latest information
* Fixed Old Glast Heim deleting the card after enchanting

* Added our custom poison items from the GM Castle to the PvP map restrictions due prevent suicide runaways
* Added and/or replaced some rewards from the Captain Kid's Treasure Chest

Pet & Homunculus Fixes

* Fixed pet bonus triggering when hatching an egg

* Fixed healing issue upon relog Homunculus HP is now properly saved on logout

Item Updates
* Fixed Fenrir Card fixed cast rate reduction bonus
* Fixed Blowing Blossom item to not display a different headgear in the equipment window

* Fixed Wandering Wolf Helm being refineable

* Fixed Shelter of Resistance can now be worn by all classes
* Fixed Hunting Bow bonus which should only apply when the proper arrows are equipped
* Fixed some shadow equipment which weren't possible to be refined
* Fixed Akaraje bonus duration
* Corrected Fidelity Necklace slot count
* Added a slot to the Giant Helm headgear as the description claims

* Updated Balmung item restriction to show the summoner exception
* Implemented missing kimi possession item bonuses for Evil Spirit Gloves and the Gentle Heart Set bonus
* Implemented all latest items including new costumes

* Added Werewolf Card Art (from the gRO artist Sunnie)

* Restricted Costume Full Moon effect in PvP areas

* Added Emperium Weapons for Dorams
* Improved Emperium Knife, it now adds MATK instead of elemental specific damage
* Improved Emperium Violin and Whip, they now increase damage of Metallic Sound and have increased range. Glorious Guitar/Whip also now have increased range (this change will make these four instruments benefit from DEX for Weapon Attack, other instruments require STR)
* Removed HP drain of the Valkyrie Circlet combo
* Improved Belphegor Card, it now adds 30 ATK, MATK, HIt and increases Max HP and SP by 3%, the widefreeze effect remains the same
* Improved Werewolf Card, it now adds 50% Max HP
* Improved Healing bonus of Brisingamen and Half Brisingamen (5%->8%; 3%->4%)
* MVP T W O Card: Reduced chance to cast Souldrain
* GatheringRO Box content has been overhauled, it now gives 1 costume (old content has been made into costumes and new ones have been added) or a symbol. The GatheringRO Box may be handed out during Game Master Events.
* Geffen Magic Robe now triples cast time of Emergency Call
* Added one new costume each to Belphegor Egg and Werewolf Essence
* Implemented King Poring Card.

Monster Updates

- Belphegor and Werewolf will now cast Darkblessing and Exile
- Reduced Sword and Bow guardians HP and slightly reduced their damage

Skill Updates
Doram

* Reduced CD of Lope, Stoop and Hide
* Increased Healing of Shrimp and Tuna skills
* Increased the amount of damage Tunaparty can absorb

Sura:

* Slightly reduced Tiger cannon and Fallen Empire damage
* Increased Flash Combo CD (33 -> 40 seconds)

Guillotine Cross:

* Reduced Dark Illusion CD
* Significantly increased Venom Splasher damage and cooldown
* Reducecd Meteor assault cooldown

Mechanic:

* Reduced Axe Tornado damage

* Pile bunker now only requires the item to be in your inventory rather than having it equiped like the other skill customizations

Genetic:

* Slightly increased Fixed Cast time of Acid Demo and added minor cooldown (100 ms)
* Fire Expansion Level 1 now lasts 10 seconds longer with stacked with Demonic Fire
* Fire Expansion Tear Gas will no longer damage players on non-PvP type maps
* Fire Expansion Acid is now misc type instead of magic
* Demonic Fire can only have one instance on the ground at a time
* Corrected a possible map crash with Demonic Fire and Fire Expansion interactions

Taekwon:

* Decreased Flying Side Kick damage
* Decreased damage bonus of Fighting Chant (10% per party member -> 5%)

Kagerou/Oboro:
* Reduced cooldown of 16th Night

Rebellion:

* Fire Rain will now remove Pneuma when cast on top of it

Sorcerer/Wizard:

* Reduced Thunder Storm damage

Website Updates
* Updated monster database
* Updated item database
* Updated Wiki with several new content
* Updated Features information page
* Updated forums

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our hoster has performed server maintenance:

Maintenance work was scheduled for the GatheringRO server on
Tue., 08/May/2018, between 21:00h and 09:00h (CEST) on the next day.

GatheringRO was offline during the entire time frame and is now back online.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anti Virus Notice:

This new client release may be detected as malware by a few single anti virus softwares.
We've already reported this isolated false positive cases and hope for them to update their database as soon as possible.

Here are the current results which may change within the next days:
https://www.virustotal.com/GatheringROClientResults

43 minutes ago, Everade said:

Sorcerer/Wizard:

* Reduced Thunder Storm damage

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo~ /sob

If dualing is no longer allowed, how do we transfer items from vendor account?

I'm not talking about transferring 1-2 items, I mean like 80+ items.

31 minutes ago, D e M o N said:

Rodex

3 hours ago, D e M o N said:

gstorage

2 minutes ago, Aii said:

gstorage

I would have to leave guild for that.

As well as remove gstorage items. And also since main storage is now 500 only, I need to find a place to put my other items. :(

We've released several hot fixes to get rid of the crashes after the initial update took place.

For now, we had to deactivate all custom hairstyles entirely to ensure a stable client.
They will become back available as soon as we've fixed the core issue.

I cant see my Genesis wing Everade and thank you for the major update! more power :D 

1 hour ago, LKshaye said:

I cant see my Genesis wing Everade and thank you for the major update! more power :D 

Same. Most of the items that are missing from the Emperium catalogue. Lost 3 items that were placed in my storage. Hoping they can get the back-up database to return these lost items.

1 hour ago, Everade said:

We've released several hot fixes to get rid of the crashes after the initial update took place.

For now, we had to deactivate all custom hairstyles entirely to ensure a stable client.
They will become back available as soon as we've fixed the core issue.

Thanks

This the error when I load my client, which may be the cause of the missing items:

" There was an error when loading the data account settings. (Please restart to retry)"

Which I did so many times. Hoping it gets solved.

Thanks

Edited by lancelot

I'm not online right now. But hopefully no items is gone on my storages because i have mostly got 500+ on all of my storages account. 

Awesome updates overrall admin. You never get old at surprising! Hahahaah

When the server came up, I tried out the new "Central Laboratory Instance". I waited for around 5 minutes for the MvP to spawn but no MvP spawned. I think this might need a fix too.

13 hours ago, Everade said:

Storage
A new tab called Costume has been added to the user interface of the storage.
This makes it easier to find your favourite costumes in the vast amount of gears you've been gathering over the past years.
Shadow costumes have also been moved into this new section.

New Storage UI

Due the implementation of the Switch feature, each item requires an additional 4 bytes of data to be sent to the client.
Sadly, there's a certain package limit the client can handle. That means that we're yet again hitting the maximum limit of possible items saved within the storage. This forced us to reduce the base-storage size from 600 down to 500. Luckily there are only a handful of players who have more than 500 items in their storage. But we understand and appologise that this isn't the best change.

* Fixed a bug that in certain cases players weren't able to move items into the storage.

About this, im certainly sure im one of the storage & gstorage more than 500, where its goes? its on all the character?

33 minutes ago, Sanaaa said:

@hstyle 30 and further is bugged for male chars

All custom hairstyles are currently disabled

8 hours ago, Koxy said:

About this, im certainly sure im one of the storage & gstorage more than 500, where its goes? its on all the character?

12 hours ago, Yzobel said:

I'm not online right now. But hopefully no items is gone on my storages because i have mostly got 500+ on all of my storages account. 

13 hours ago, lancelot said:

Same. Most of the items that are missing from the Emperium catalogue. Lost 3 items that were placed in my storage. Hoping they can get the back-up database to return these lost items.

There were 7 accounts in total which had more than 800 items in their storage.
These items have been moved into the VIP Storage to prevent an actual loss.

If you don't have access to the VIP Storage yet, please let me know.

2 hours ago, Everade said:

There were 7 accounts in total which had more than 500 items in their storage.
These items have been moved into the VIP Storage to prevent an actual loss.

If you don't have access to the VIP Storage yet, please let me know.

how to access VIP storage when im a VIP?

Storage Expander has been unlocked for those players who had more than 800 items in their storage (including the VIP +300 expansion) and did not yet have a Storage Expander .
You can now access the new storage which includes all your missing items by using @storage2

If you currently have somewhat inbetween 500 and 600 items, simply take them out until you reach the 500 cap or you won't be able to put in new items anymore.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.