Toad

Toads Player vs Player Sniper Guide

Toads Sniper PVP Guide

A sniper PVP guide, requested by ampopo01

Since ampopo01 has requesta PVP sniper guide, I was thinking about making one. I will only be talking about PVP here, since Chadwick, has made already a great sniper guide, for more information about sniper. I have played a sniper for quite some time now, but it became a kinda boring and I went to a Whitesmith. (Which p00ns more, but thats just my opinion) I know pretty much about sniper, (not everything, might still do some things wrong) I have some builds for you, so read the guide carefully.

My computer broke, I have 2, but I can't play on ragnarok on my computer that is not broke, so I can't check some things out. This is just a raw guide. I will update EVERYTHING as soon as I have my ragnarok up again.

Why a Sniper?

A sniper is most of the time used for long ranged based. Sniper are quickly, do pretty much damage and have a very large range. They can switch elements pretty easy and quickly, by switching there type of arrow. An addition to there attacks, they have a falcon. A falcon can be hired in the blackmarket and is perfect for a little bit of extra damage. Thats not the only thing a Sniper can do. Traps are really usefull in woe, but can also be used in PVP, just to freeze the player on its position to attack it (its a shackle, not an ice freeze), damage the other player or freeze the person in ice.

Builds

As for most of the classes, the sniper does need aspd. This is not only used for normally attacking, but also to spam your double strafe skill or any others skill. As in agi does in speed, dex does in damage. Those 2 are the main status a sniper need. First, Ill tell what status does for a sniper, so that you can also make some builds yourself. After that, ill tell you some of my builds I used.

• Strength: Strength up damage, as most of the classes need. (Korias: I belive I put 3 points into strength for one damage point increase)
  • Agility: Attack speed is needed. Agility ups your attack speed.
  • Vitality: Vitality is not that much used for a sniper, since a sniper is long range and there for, it doesn't gets attacks that much. If it does, I suggest you do this low. Heal Points are not really needed for a sniper.
  • Intelligence: Why does a sniper needs intelligence? A falcon ofcourse. Chadwicks guide has a calculation for this damage, but if you are normally attacking, its best to do this as high as possible.
  • Dexterity: This is pretty obvious. It should always be 200, to do an optimal damage to your enemies.
  • Luck: I think this is only need for you dodge, (if you are attacked) and your falcon. Luk will increase the chance that your falcon also attacks, when you normally attack.

Just to point some things out, I have not really tested these builds, if you have enough points for the build. I just used one build, these are just some builds you can try out.

My build

The build I use is more of a build, that you can use for everything. You can experiment with some of these status, since that is totally your choice.

• Strength: 60
  • Agility: 130
  • Vitality: Around 50
  • Intelligence: 120
  • Dexterity: 200
  • Luck: 110

Falcon Build

If you still have some points left, do them in strength. If you have not enough points to do this build, you can lower your intelligence or luck.

• Strength: -
  • Vitality: 40
  • Intelligence: 180
  • Luck: 120

Crit Build

If you still have some points left, do them in strength. If you have not enough points to do this build, you can lower your intelligence or luck.

• Strength: 100
  • Vitality: 50
  • Intelligence: 60
  • Luck: 130

Magic Kettle Build

If you still have some points left, do them in strength. If you have not enough points to do this build, you can lower your vitality or luck.

• Strength: -
  • Vitality: 50
  • Intelligence: 200
  • Luck: 100

Double Strafe Build

If you still have some points left, do them in vitality or agility (Double Strafe is only effected by agility (for speed) and dex (for damage)). If you have not enough points to do this build, you can lower your vitality, luck or intelligence.

• Strength: 100
  • Vitality: 40
  • Intelligence: 100
  • Luck: 30

Equiment

Since a sniper is using a large range, but it damage is not huge massive damage, since you most of the time normally attack, I use other skills to help me to do some more damage. Most of the time is this the more effective way of killing your enemy. Double Strafing is possible, since you do about 5k - 8k damage with every strafe, if you are pretty good. Ill point out 2 equipment. These 2 equipment will handle a Skill helper build and a Normal build and will both include equipment for an average gRO player and rich gRO player.

Skill Helping Equipment

- Headgear:

• Average gRO Player: Upper: Magic Kettle (Water Ball) / Drooping Cat (MDEF + 15 and increases resistance to Curse status by 30%.) / Koneko Cat/Evolved Drooping Hat (Can't check what it does, not on ratemyserver and my pc crashed) Middle: Sunglasses (Increases resistance to Blind status by 5%) / Censor Bar (Increase resistance to Curse status by 5%, MDEF + 1 and HIT - 5) / Blinker (Add a resistance to the Blind status) Lower: Doesn't matter.
  • Rich gRO Player: Upper: Valyrie Helm (+30 Status) / Dark Lord Helm (+25 status and increases your Health by 10%) / Magic Kettle (Water Ball) Middle: Sunglasses[1] (Increases resistance to Blind status by 5%) / Dark Blinder (Protect its user from Blind and adds a 2% resistance against Stun) Lower: Nebula Aura (Goes both middle and lower. It has a 0.1% chace to do Kyrie Elson when the user is attacked and MDEF +18) / Gentleman's Pipe (can't check what it does, its not on ratemyserver and my computer broke. What I do know is that it reduces the dame from demi humans.)
  • Cards: (this for both Avarage and Rich) Deviruchi card (Gain immunity to the Blind status and STR +1) / Evil Snake Lord (Never be affected by Blind and Curse effects and INT +3) / Gemini-S58 Card ([base Agility >= 90] Add a 30% resistance against Silence and Stun. [base Vitality >= 80] Add a 30% resistance against Stone Curse and Sleep) / Kiel (Reduces after cast delay by 30%) / Maya Purple (Enable its user to detect hidden enemies)

- Armor

• Average gRO Player: I think its best to use a marc card all the time. Since an avarage player does not has that much money, a marc card can easily be hunted. Go to iz_dun03 and kill some marcs. You will gain a marc card pretty quickly (1% drop rate) and try to get an armor to put it on / Sniper Suit[1] (Critical Rate +6, Bonus (LUK/5) Critical Rate depending on your LUK rate, MDEF +5 and Reduces after-cast skill delay by 23%)
  • Rich gRO Player: Valkyrie Armor (It does All Stats +1 and does not breaks. Most of the rich players can afford this, but If you can't, just get any other armor. It has to be slotted, since that does works in your advantage.)
  • Cards (this for both Avarage and Rich): Marc (Gain immunity to the Freeze Status) / Ghostring Card (Enchants your armor with Ghost property and HP Recovery -25%) / Peco Peco Card (Increases HP by 10%)

- Weapon

Its best for both player differences, to use a +10 Composite Bow[4]. Its 4 slotted and its the best bow you can use. Also, its not that hard to obtain. You can always PM me in-game and ill make one for you for free.

• Cards (this for both Avarage and Rich): Metalling Card (Add a 5% chance of auto casting Level 1 Strip Weapon on enemy when attacking) / Metaller (Silence an enemy when you attack (Success Chance 5%) and ATK +5) / Skeleton (ATK +10 and Causes Stun effect to enemies by 2% chance) / Assaulter (Inflict 10% more damage with Critical attacks and Critical Rate +7 on DemiHuman monster) / Magnolia Card (Curse an enemy when you attack (Success Chance 5%) and ATK +5) / Lord of Death (Add a 0.1% chance of auto casting 'Coma' on an enemy and Add a 5% chance of auto casting 'Stun, Curse, Silence, Poison or External Bleeding' on the enemy when attacking) / Stormy Knight (Add a 2% chance of auto casting Level 2 Storm Gust on the enemy when attacking and has 20% chance of Freezing an enemy when attacking) / Whitesmith (Add a 10% chance of breaking the enemy's weapon and a 7% chance of breaking the enemy's armor when attacking) / Valkyrie Randgris (Add a 1% chance of auto casting Level 1 Dispell when attackingm make a weapon indestructible (except in upgrade attempts) and increases Physical Attack Strength by 10%) / Hydra(Increase damage on DemiHuman monster by 20%) / Thanatos (Deals more damage depending on the target's defense, drains 1 SP from its owner on each attack, DEF -30 and Flee Rate -30) / Turtle General (Increases damage inflicted on all enemies by 20% and gives a 3% chance of automatically casting Level 10 Magnum Break on the enemy when attacking) / Skeleton Worker (Increase damage inflicted on Medium size monster by 15% and ATK +5) / The Paper (Inflict 20% more damage with Critical attacks and drains 1 SP from its owner on each attack)

- Garment

Since most of the players are using neutral property attacks to attack you, its best to get a Raydric Card (Increase resistance to Neutral Property attacks by 20%)

• Average gRO Player: Any slotted Garment / Wool Scarf[1] (Has a combo with a shoe, called Tidal Shoes and they will up 10% of your heal, when you have them equiped both)
  • Rich gRO Player: Valkyrie Garment (Indestructible (except in upgrade attempts). [Mage, Archer, Acolyte Class] Perfect Dodge + 5 Additional Perfect Dodge can be earned by Refining, and is equal to the Refine Rate * 2. [swordman, Merchant, Thief Class] Reflect 5% of all Physical Melee Damage back to the enemy which inflicted it. Additional Reflect Damage can be earned by Refining, and is equal to the Refine Rate * 2. Most of the rich players can afford this, but If you can't, just get any other armor. It has to be slotted, since that does works in your advantage.)
  • Cards (this for both Avarage and Rich): Raydric (Increase resistance to Neutral Property attacks by 20%) / Deviling (Add a 50% resistance against Neutral Property attacks. Receive 50% more damage from other property attacks. This can work in a disadvantage, some people might be using another property to attack you)

- Footgear

A lot of sniper don't have that much health. To increase this a little bit, I think its best to put a health increasing card on your equiment.

• Average gRO Player: Any slotted Footgear / Tidal Shoes[1] (Has a combo with a garment, called Wool Scarf[1] and they will up 10% of your health, when you have them equiped both)
  • Rich gRO Player: Valkyie Shoes[1] (Indestructible (except in upgrade attempts). [Mage, Archer, Acolyte Class] Maximum HP + 5 * Base Level Swordman, Merchant, Thief Class] Maximum SP +2 * Job Level) / Sleipnir / Any slotted Footgear
  • Cards (this for both Avarage and Rich): General Egnigem Cenia Card (Every 10 seconds, you recover 50 HP and 10 SP.
    Increases Maximum HP and Maximum SP by 10%) / Green Ferus Card (VIT + 1 and Maximum HP + 10%) / Matyr Card (Maximum HP + 10% and AGI +1) / Verit (Maximum HP and SP + 8%)

- Accessory

You can have 2 accessories, so take an advantage out of that. There are some attacking skill cards.

• Average gRO Player: Any slotted accessory.
  • Rich gRO Player: Ifit Set (I advice you to not use the Resonance ring, because you will get Quaqmire when you get attack. Then, you will lose all of your skills, and those skills might up attack speed and damage, which is vital to your attack. Ring of the flame lord does enough attacks to help. Get only that one and you are fine) / Any slotted accessory.
  • Cards (this for both Avarage and Rich): Gazeti (Add a 5% chance of auto casting Level 2 Cold Bolt on the enemy when attacking) / Errende Ebecee (Add a 5% chance of auto casting Level 1 Pneuma on the user when the user receives Physical Damage) / Owl Baron (Add a 3% chance of auto casting Level 1 Lex Aeterna on an enemy when the user receives Physical Damage) / Violy (Add a 3% chance of auto casting Level 1 Lex Aeterna on an enemy when the user receives Physical Damage) / Wind Ghost (Add a 2% chance of auto casting Level 3 Jupitel Thunder on the enemy when attacking.
    If the user has mastered the skill at Level 10, it will cast Level 10 Jupitel Thunder)

Ready and Fight

Well, I think you are now ready to fight other people. Thank you for reading this guide and good luck with your PVP. If you have anything to add or anything to say, just post it here or give me a PM.

----------------------------------------------------

Thanks too:

Me: For making this guide.

Chadwick: For a further information about snipers and his usefull guide.

The Community: For helping and reading.

Korias, Darkest Aeon, Fire Dragon and Chadwick: For some addition in information.

I would like to point out a slight error in your guide. Strength may actually be needed, as I was fiddling around witho ne of my snipers, and it DOES increase the damage. I'm not sure why, but it does. I belive I put 3 points into strength for one damage point increase.

I would like to point out a slight error in your guide. Strength may actually be needed, as I was fiddling around witho ne of my snipers, and it DOES increase the damage. I'm not sure why, but it does. I belive I put 3 points into strength for one damage point increase.

Yeah, I did that just because I was not sure about that. Thanks for the imput, appriciate it. Ill edit it right now.

Sinx card is also good with sniper + sliepnirs and mayaP.

Bow-

Whitesmith

Stormy Knight

Valk Randgris

Lord of Death

Accesories -

Flamelord (On the right)

Glove - wind ghost (On the left)

Anti Arrow (Vs rouge and hunters)

-----------------------

This is more of the pvp typ equipts.

Cloak, move and attack/arrow shower

"Why arrow shower insted of detect?"

With SK card in your bow, 20% chance of freezing your opponent. Great vs sinx and stalkers.

Sinx card is also good with sniper + sliepnirs and mayaP.

Bow-

Whitesmith

Stormy Knight

Valk Randgris

Lord of Death

Accesories -

Flamelord (On the right)

Glove - wind ghost (On the left)

Anti Arrow (Vs rouge and hunters)

-----------------------

This is more of the pvp typ equipts.

Cloak, move and attack/arrow shower

"Why arrow shower insted of detect?"

With SK card in your bow, 20% chance of freezing your opponent. Great vs sinx and stalkers.

I was not really ready yet, but thanks for your imput. Ill change it right away.

i think its better to maxed out the DEX and INT for falcon build since Falcon damage depends on it... :rolleyes:

Why a Sniper?

A sniper is most of the time used for long ranged based. Sniper are quickly, do pretty much damage and have a very large range. They can switch elements pretty easy and quickly, by switching there type of arrow. An addition to there attacks, they have a falcon. A falcon can be hired in the blackmarket and is perfect for a little bit of extra damage. Thats not the only thing a Sniper can do. Traps are not really usefull in woe, but can also be used in PVP, just to freeze the player on its position to attack it (its a shackle, not an ice freeze), damage the other player or freeze the person in ice.

Why is that? :huh:

I don't really like to talk about WoE on forums, but seriously a WoE Guild without a sniper is just a huge epic fail ;D

Lol, I agree.XD

@Toad. You should edit that._.

i think its better to maxed out the DEX and INT for falcon build since Falcon damage depends on it... :rolleyes:

I know, but you need other status too.

Why is that? :huh:

Typo... <_<

There is a Sniper Guide that you can actually use --> http://gatheringro.ch/_forum/index.php?sho...ck+Sniper+Guide

Please Toad, Use the search Function next time

You really think I didn't know about that? The guy requested it. This is just a PVP sniper, chadwick is more something of everything.

Lol, I agree.XD

@Toad. You should edit that._.

I was sleeping, right after I finished the guide.

1. without traps emp breakers will just run to ur emp. with traps it will take them around 3-5 sec PER trap, which is good for defenders to kill them, since berries and healing items are not allowed.

2. STR doesnt increase bow damage, just add STR for added weight for arrows and stuffs.

3. A lot of people dont know how VIT helps snipers, snipers in Private server need vit. cuz of the high damage that people do, unlike regular servers. since ur vit is low, ull get owned easily once a diff chac gets near you. having high vit makes up for that, so even if he gets near you, youll likely survive a few more seconds to arrowcharge them and double strafe away.

You can have 2 accessories, so take an advantage out of that. There are some attacking skill cards.

• Rich gRO Player: Ifit Set (I advice you to not use the Resonance ring, because you will get Quaqmire when you get attack. Then, you will lose all of your skills, and those skills might up attack speed and damage, which is vital to your attack. Ring of the flame lord does enough attacks to help. Get only that one and you are fine) / Any slotted accessory.
  • Cards (this for both Avarage and Rich): Gazeti (Add a 5% chance of auto casting Level 2 Cold Bolt on the enemy when attacking) / Errende Ebecee (Add a 5% chance of auto casting Level 1 Pneuma on the user when the user receives Physical Damage) / Owl Baron (Add a 3% chance of auto casting Level 1 Lex Aeterna on an enemy when the user receives Physical Damage) / Violy (Add a 3% chance of auto casting Level 1 Lex Aeterna on an enemy when the user receives Physical Damage) / Wind Ghost (Add a 2% chance of auto casting Level 3 Jupitel Thunder on the enemy when attacking.
    If the user has mastered the skill at Level 10, it will cast Level 10 Jupitel Thunder)

Ready and Fight

Well, I think you are now ready to fight other people. Thank you for reading this guide and good luck with your PVP. If you have anything to add or anything to say, just post it here or give me a PM.

----------------------------------------------------

Thanks too:

Me: For making this guide.

Chadwick: For a further information about snipers and his usefull guide.

The Community: For helping and reading.

1. Dont use both rings. for meteor assault and Sonic blow have cast delay.. meaning it gives time for chac to get near you! which pretty much a bad idea, just use the RED ring.

2. Pneuma Card. only use it against long range chac. i forgot to take it off of my sniper. once the LK attacked me all my attacks missed, by the time i was able to take of the card i died of coma. O.o

2. STR doesnt increase bow damage, just add STR for added weight for arrows and stuffs.

Well, for some reason, that is not the case with my snipers. The tww I have both confirm that they gain an increase in damage (even if only by a few points) when I pump their strength. However, the increase is very minute. Its not 3 points to 1 damage, Its much higher. Those 3 points may give you an attack increase, but it takes many more to get the damage increase. You'd probably be better to put those points into Int or Luk.

Nice guide toad, i've always wondered about Snipers... All the snipers i've seen do, do like 200 dmg maximum =/ That was kinda a put off, it'd take to long to kill /slur

Nice guide toad, i've always wondered about Snipers... All the snipers i've seen do, do like 200 dmg maximum =/ That was kinda a put off, it'd take to long to kill /slur

Lol. I think you're talking about the damage done on pallies.:P

- Armor

• Average gRO Player: I think its best to use a marc card all the time. Since an avarage player does not has that much money, a marc card can easily be hunted. Go to iz_dun03 and kill some marcs. You will gain a marc card pretty quickly (1% drop rate) and try to get an armor to put it on.
  • Rich gRO Player: Valkyrie Armor (It does All Stats +1 and does not breaks. Most of the rich players can afford this, but If you can't, just get any other armor. It has to be slotted, since that does works in your advantage.)
  • Cards (this for both Avarage and Rich): Marc (Gain immunity to the Freeze Status) / Ghostring Card (Enchants your armor with Ghost property and HP Recovery -25%) / Peco Peco Card (Increases HP by 10%)

You forgot the Sniper Suit, which is a very good alternative for a Valkyrie Armor.

- Garment

Since most of the players are using neutral property attacks to attack you, its best to get a Raydric Card (Increase resistance to Neutral Property attacks by 20%)

• Average gRO Player: Any slotted Garment.
  • Rich gRO Player: Valkyrie Garment (Indestructible (except in upgrade attempts). [Mage, Archer, Acolyte Class] Perfect Dodge + 5 Additional Perfect Dodge can be earned by Refining, and is equal to the Refine Rate * 2. [swordman, Merchant, Thief Class] Reflect 5% of all Physical Melee Damage back to the enemy which inflicted it. Additional Reflect Damage can be earned by Refining, and is equal to the Refine Rate * 2. Most of the rich players can afford this, but If you can't, just get any other armor. It has to be slotted, since that does works in your advantage.)
  • Cards (this for both Avarage and Rich): Raydric (Increase resistance to Neutral Property attacks by 20%) / Deviling (Add a 50% resistance against Neutral Property attacks. Receive 50% more damage from other property attacks. This can work in a disadvantage, some people might be using another property to attack you)

- Footgear

A lot of sniper don't have that much health. To increase this a little bit, I think its best to put a health increasing card on your equiment.

• Average gRO Player: Any slotted Footgear
  • Rich gRO Player: Valkyie Shoes[1] (Indestructible (except in upgrade attempts). [Mage, Archer, Acolyte Class] Maximum HP + 5 * Base Level Swordman, Merchant, Thief Class] Maximum SP +2 * Job Level) / Sleipnir / Any slotted Footgear
  • Cards (this for both Avarage and Rich): General Egnigem Cenia Card (Every 10 seconds, you recover 50 HP and 10 SP.
    Increases Maximum HP and Maximum SP by 10%) / Green Ferus Card (VIT + 1 and Maximum HP + 10%) / Matyr Card (Maximum HP + 10% and AGI +1) / Verit (Maximum HP and SP + 8%)

Personally, I haven't seen any garment or shoes that was broken. So you might as well include Tidal Shoes + Wool Scarf combo as a good alternative here. I think you can research on your own with what advantages they have. ;)

- Accessory

I don't recommend using Ifrit Set at all, whether to an average player or a rich one. Sonic Blow, which seem to have a higher chance of auto-casting than the other skills, have an extremely annoying skill delay. I'd rather go with two Orlean's Gloves with Wind Ghosts.

Hey, typo in the Violy Card.

Nice guide, but some of YOUR personal experience and tactics in PvP would've helped improve it. Spill! :D

After all, this was about PvP-ing with a Sniper, ain't it?

Hmm Toad I was wondering why you didn't put Thana, TG, Hydra, Skel Work, and the Paper on your guide?

And as far as I konw, every str point add your damage, but 10 or 3 or so is add even more damage. Try it ^_^

For the boots, I also second Sleipnir is added too ^_^ and Tidal Shoes for average players (combo with Wool Scarf for HP boost)

For armor, use Sniping Suit which give huge boost to crit ;)

My Sniper isn't PvP type and I don't intend too because I've lost my quickness to be able to playing trap in PvP like my PvP-ing Hunter in an official server before =\

*EDIT*

OWNED by Chad 8D