Clorox

Sniper Strategies

Hello, I am creating this guide to teach others my interpretation on how a sniper should be played.

This Guide is Strictly for 1v1 PvP use.

I like criticisms but make sure that they are all constructive ( no "this guide sucks")

Preface

There are two main types of sniper IMO.

There is the sniper that uses only regular attack with a bow stacked with Mvp cards

(Sorry if you wanted to learn how to play this style. I dont like to use this and im not rich enough)

and the

Sniper that Uses all of his Skills to the best of their ability along with knowing when to use normal attack

This Sniper, if skilled enough can beat almost everything with mall shop equips

In this guide Ill teach you how to play this kind of Sniper

Basics of Sniper Techniques

Trap Pushing

This technique allows you to move your traps.

Shoot an arrow shower to the side of the trap and the trap will move two spaces away

from the cell that you arrowshowered

Uses: can push traps into people causing them to take the traps effect

Usefullness:10/10 GREAT Technique i use this in EVERY battle i undertake

Extended trap pushing

This technique allows you two move your trap four cells down

Shoot an arrow shower on top of the cell that your trap was laid

Uses: moves your traps farther and double stacking

Usefullness:7/10

Trap stacking

This technique allows you to put two traps the same tile

shoot an arrowshower to the side of a trap into another trap two cells away

Uses:doubling the power of your traps

Usefullness:7/10 Good Skill sometimes unnecessary situational

Double trap stacking

This technique allows you to stack traps faster

Place three traps:

xxxoxxx

xxxxxxx

xxxoxxx

xxxxxxx

xxxoxxx

o= trap

x= ground

Arrowshower on top of the far top trap and it will move the top trap 4 cells down and the middle 2 cells down

thereby stacking the 3 traps onto one cell

Uses: Triple power of Traps. Faster trap stacking

Usefulness: 6/10 Good Skill a lot of the time its unnecessary very situational

Skid trap Moving

This technique allows you to move ten cells in any direction you choose by pushing a skid trap nexto or underneath you

This is kinda hard to explain bare with me

When you throw a Skid trap under you you move in the opposite way that you moved last

So For you to move up by using a skid trap your last movement must be going straight down.

so you can move one cell down then push a skid trap anywhere in the 3x3 cell area that would cause its effect to hit you and it would send you up

Uses: Running away from Strong shield users

Usefulness: 6.5/10 Overall has potential but can be slow at times and its hard to attack quickly out of it

Arrow Shower Delay Glitch

This technique allows you to do any attack very fast after an arrow shower causing little lag

To do this technique you shoot an arrow shower then right after you click the cell where the arrow shower you attack the enemy.

You must click very fast. To practice this technique go up to someone and press the arrow shower skill put the targeter above the person

then double click. What should happen is your regular attack should come right after the arrow shower. Once you have this down you can start to add skills like DS. what should happen in the clicking. Arrowshower>Click>DS>Click>Spam

Use: gets a person out of cloak and keeping them from cloaking again

Usefullness: 9/10 Great skill almost a must learn

Magnum Break Pushing

This technique allows you to push traps with the magnum break skill

To do this technique you need a marine sphere card. What you do is you lay a trap 2 cells away from you (closest as possible without setting off the trap) then you magnum break and boom it moved. It moves in the direction of an arrow shower. think of yourself as the cell that you would shoot the

shower to regularly move the trap.

Use: Fastest way to throw one trap at a person. Great starting move in a duel.

Usefulness: 7.5/10

Basic Sniper Strategy

The Basis of Almost any Sniper duel is Getting the least amount of damage done to you.

whether that be keeping them away with charge arrow or traping them so that they can't get to you.

SP Killing

SP killing is one of the best ways to incapasitate a player. 3 Level five shockwave traps should kill anyones sp.

Ways of Landing the Shockwave trap

There are many different ways of landing traps from the simple to the complex.

The most basic way of landing a trap is to set it and trick them into walking into it.

For example: say your facing a Double Dagger SinX. he comes in for the attack from the left and you charge arrow him.

Right now would be the best time to set a trap on your left side because probably he will go in for a second attack in the same path he went before and run into your trap.

Another basic way of landing a trap is to use trap pushing

Lets say the SinX is now understanding how your tricking him into running into traps (via the strategy above).

He tries to runn around you. This is a perfect opportunity. This Is easily read and you just push a trap right into the square he is walking into.

You can also trap push against characters that like to stand in the same place at one time while attacking like if a spear boomerang knight comes

and spams his range you can throw three traps under him in no time ( dont always use it in that situation it is just an example).

My Favorite way of landing traps is to stop the opponent from moving then pushing traps under them

There are 3 different ways of doing this.

1. You can throw an ankle snare under them to stop them from moving. stay out of range of their attack then throw some shockwaves under them

2. You can Freeze the person via freeze trap, garm card, sasquatch, SK, or any other thing tha freezes. But when they are frozen they are INCREDIBLY vulnerable so use it to your advantage and throw traps.

3. You can put the to Sleep via sandmen traps. When they are asleep they are INCREDIBLY vulnerable so use it to your advantage and throw traps.

Keeping them away from you

Charge arrow is one of the best defensive skills in the game use it.

There really isnt that much to say about this skill. Use it when they get close to you.

This Skill is the First line of defence vs most classes. If this fails go to plan b.

Run away and set ankle snares in your traps. The best way to do this is thaat when your opponent get stuck in a trap

set an ankle snare in the path that you think that he'll take to get to you and repeat.

This Tactic also works with freezing traps and you can sp drain while your at it.

Cloak

Cloak is a Great way to run away Cloak can be achieved via Shinobi card (trust me the card lies it works) and Sinx card ( im not rich enought o get this)

Sandmen Traps

This trap lets you have a 90% chance to put an enemy to sleep. Why is this usefull you might ask? sleep depends on int and luk which means most melee classes are succeptable to sleep. Sleep is a rare status ailment so they ussually wont carry the anti sleep card. Sleep works just like freeze and if you put someone to sleep then its an auto SP kill

Equipment

Head Upper

-VH or any other Slotted headgear With marduk ( a silenced sniper is a useless sniper )

-Angeling / Beret / PooPoo ( any 10% damage reduc vsing them creators and thanas )

Head Mid

-Nubula Aura with Mayap ( if you cant get a Mayap, farm sunlight boxes from angel monsters )

-Sunnies with Mayap ( I recomend the nebula cause the mdef boost helps a lot vs Magic class )

Head Bottom

-G pipe if using sunnies ( still recomend Nebula )

Body

-Glitterning Jackets with the following cards

-Pasana

-Dokebi

-swordfish

-Sandman

-Agriope

-Evil Druid

-Angeling

-Marc

-Garm or Sasquatch

-Ghostring (should be put on Varmor for vsing Creators)

-Tao Gunka

Weapons

-+10 Composite Bow With following card sets ( other card sets work these are my card sets )

- Thanatos Hydra Hydra Golem

- Hydra Hydra SkelWorker Golem

- LordOfDeath DarkPriestx3 ( Hardest One to get cause of the rarity of Dark priests but trust me this bow helps)

- Any card set you think works this is where you can get creative you can also mess with the above card sets

Shield

-Any Shield ( you will need this vs stalkers will explain more later ) ( would be nice if you had GTB also but its not necisary )

Garment

-Any with Sinx i prefer Vmant

-Any with Raydric i prefer Vmant

-Ragmuffin Manteu ( mdef boost )

-Aspirika ( i wish i had one -.- )

Shoes

-Variant Shoes (basically any shoes that gives a nice HP buff)

-Sliepner

-Shadow Walk

Accesories

-Expert Rings With Following cards

-Shinobi

-Horong

-Wikebine Tres

General Strategy versus Classes and Specific Builds

Assassin Cross

Crit Build

Preface

ok so this buid relys on walking up to the person doing a lot of dps damage using criticalattacks.

Pros

- must be in close range

......means easier traps

......easy to read

- ussually doesnt use strong shield

......almost always charge arrow works on them

......if they put on RSX they can be frozen

- highly succeptable to garm and other reaction armors

- High luk makes them have to compensae stat points in thier build

- Doesnt use skills too often besides cloak and EDP

Cons

-Very Powerful

......if you let this one touch you for about 5 seconds you are dead

The strategy

This fight depends on how you use basic sniper strategy. First what you should do is run and either lay

sandmen, snares, freezing traps, or shockwave traps. the point in this step is to kill his sp to where it is hard for him to cloak.

Next what usually happens is they do not have a cloak so they cant hide from your barrage of double strafes. If he ever gets close to you in

any part of this match arrow repel him away. If you have Cloak use it to run away. If not always have sight on and if he ever walks into it

charge him away.

Equipment Strategy

Headgear Top: Best you've got preferably with a marduk card ( i use poopoo hat =D i know i suck )

Headgear Mid/Bottom: Slotted with MayaP ( THIS IS A MUST )

Armor: If you figure out his element the element, Garm, Unfrozen

Weapons: basic attack bows maybe a status bow for curse

Garment: any with either raydric, sinx, or element counter.

Shoes: HP boosting shoes sieps are best option

Acc.: with any of these cards: Marine sphere, Shinobi, Wikibene Tres, Sight

Variables

Q) What if when i shockwave trap him 6 times (enough to the point that you know a normal persons sp should have been killed)

and he still can cloak?

A) Well ussually in this situation i would keep snare/sleep/freeze trapping him throw a few shockwaves at him for good measure then double strafe.

Q) What if i have 3 dark priest cards?

A) after you freeze then throw shockwaves at him equip the dark priests and regular attack him. The dark priests should keep his sp from coming back.

Q) What if he wears RSX or Strong Shield

A) dont use Arrow Charge. Use a lot of the stopping traps (snare, sleep, freeze) Use garm cause if it is RSX then e is succeptable to freeze (do not use if you can counter his element)

Must Haves

MayaP

Traps

Difficulty 3-7/10 ( Fairly easy can catch you off gaurd though )

Double Dagger Build

Preface

This Build of SinX uses two onehanded weapons with highdex and low crit to walk up to you and either attack or use skills

Pros

- Ussually goes in for close range

...... easier traps

...... easy to read movement pattern

Cons

- Very powerful

- Can status lock with right cards

- can use skills (breaker)

- Can wear strong shield

The Strategy

The strategy in this fight is basically the same thing in the crit sinx match so run and set traps and kill his sp so he doesnt have access to cloak anymore

Watch out in this match these ones ave a tendancy to have a lot of the annoying cards (WS, lod, etc.) so dont get touched. If he ever gets close to you in

any part of this match arrow repel him away. If you have Cloak use it to run away. If not always have sight on and if he ever walks into it

charge him away.

Equipment Strategy

Headgear Top: Best you've got preferably with a marduk card ( i use poopoo hat =D i know i suck )

Headgear Mid/Bottom: Slotted with MayaP ( THIS IS A MUST )

Armor: GR, Garm, Unfrozen, and if you figure out his weapn eleent that element

Weapons: basic attack bows maybe a status bow for curse

Garment: any with either raydric, sinx, or element counter.

Shoes: HP boosting shoes sieps are best option

Acc.: with any of these cards: Marine sphere, Shinobi, Wikibene Tres, Sight

Variables

Q) What if when i shockwave trap him 6 times (enough to the point that you know a normal persons sp should have been killed)

and he still can cloak?

A) Well ussually in this situation i would keep snare/sleep/freeze trapping him throw a few shockwaves at him for good measure then double strafe.

Q) What if i have 3 dark priest cards?

A) after you freeze then throw shockwaves at him equip the dark priests and regular attack him. The dark priests should keep his sp from coming back.

Q) What if he wears RSX or Strong Shield

A) dont use Arrow Charge. Use a lot of the stopping traps (snare, sleep, freeze) Use garm cause if it is RSX then e is succeptable to freeze (do not use if you can counter his element)

Difficulty: 3-8/10 This match seems to get harder and harder sometimes tougher than sb sins. Must watch out for status spammers and 4+lod users

Sonic Blow Build

Coming soon...

Other Useful info versus SinX

Coming soon...

Lord Knight

Spear Build

Coming soon...

Parry Build

Coming soon...

Other Useful info versus Lord Knight

Coming soon...

Edited:

8/18/08 Added Assassin Cross Crit Guide, Assassin Cross Double dagger guide, Arrow shower delay glitch, Magnum break pushing, Sandmen traps

More to come...

I will be updating this guide every now and then =D

Next update:

Finishing Vs SinX Guide

Find me in HellsBox I can show a few things and answer any questions

Oh im looking foward to this, im kinda a noob when it comes to PvP and i really would like to learn sniper better without having to be rich..

whew.. never thought of the trap stacking method

i got a totally different and whole new idea and perspective of a Sniper thanks to the guide

cant wait for the next part

Oh im looking foward to this, im kinda a noob when it comes to PvP and i really would like to learn sniper better without having to be rich..

trust me Sniper doesnt need to be rich to be good

there is just a few key things for you to win

Isn't trap stacking hard? It's not like a linked SB SinX would wait for you to set up =o Unless you're the one randoming

I never use traps much, mostly Slieps + Brazil Hat + horong and run past them and uncloak XD

Clorox is one of the greatest Sniper I ever seen in gRO.

Love the way he playing his Sniper in WoE.

Can't wait the rest of the guide too :lol:

PS. I know the reason why you triple-posting.

But next time use mark like: [--------------------] instead of triple posting please

Isn't trap stacking hard? It's not like a linked SB SinX would wait for you to set up =o Unless you're the one randoming

I never use traps much, mostly Slieps + Brazil Hat + horong and run past them and uncloak XD

calm down buddy

there is times to do trap stacking and you just pointed out when to not use it

that was just a list of basic trap tricksies

Ownage = freeze then stack traps and throw it on that nub Q~Q

Oh yea, trap stacking does not apply to WoE I believe.

You might wanna add how to run away with slide traps /slur

What is the max number of traps u can stack? And if for example I stack 3 ankle snare traps, does that mean the enemy will be trapped for 60 seconds? (since lv5 ankle snare=20 sec trap time)

ALIVE

Trap stacking with ankle snares doesnt work like that

it means that there is 3 of the same trap on the same cell not that the three traps will combine to create an uber trap

so what happens if you stack 3 snares all three snares will hook on the same time causing no diff and the opponent will be trapped by the duration of al three causing only 20 seconds of hold ( sorry if i phrased this kinda wierd made sense in my head ) ( forgive me its 1 AM )

You can have as many traps are you want to put, but what out for the duration of each trap. And I believe Arrow shower only allows you to push your traps 3 times before they disappear.

Btw, what are the chances of a sniper vs a champ?

The guide will be finished... SOON. ;)

hopefully i have SOOOOO MUCH to add im

i still need an equipment section, Vs every single class guides, and more