Sign in to follow this  
Hot Mahmah

[Guide]Damage calculation and stats effect for sniper.

[Guide]Damage calculation and stats effect for sniper.

Guide content:

A - Preface

B - Formulas, necessary for the calculation of sniper's damage

C - The complex formula of damage calculation

D - Brief information about the effect of the stats for sniper

E - Credits

F - Conclusion

A

Preface

I am really sure that practically anyone knows how to build the sniper.But the beginners in RO should know this information before they start their builds. So here is the guide written with the help of one man, whom I really respect. Holy, thank you for helping! I appreciate this.

So we are ready to begin, in falcon we trust^^

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B

Formulas, necessary for the calculation of sniper's damage

I'd like to say, that the following effects of the stats for snipers works according to these formulas (in case if someone is not able to calculate his damage without special programs or in the case of high rate servers, like GatheringRO):

1)Base index of ATK for archer, BaseATK + UpgradeBonus + ImpositioManus + ATKCards.

2)Base index of ATK for bow, WeaponATK=rnd(ATK/100*min(ATK, dex*(0.8+0.2*WeaponLevel)), max(ATK, ATK/100*min(ATK, dex*(0.8+0.2*WeaponLevel)))) + rnd(0, ArrowATK - 1).

Author's remark:if the crit hit occurs, WeaponATK=ATK + ArrowATK.

3)Index of the protection of the character by the VIT stat, VITdef-1)).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

C

The complex formula of damage calculation

Author's remark The formula complies with the basic algebraic laws and it IS rather complex, so don't be afraid of it, just read it carefully and you will sooner or later understand it fully^^.

Damage for the one shot of sniper=(([({(DEX + [DEX/10]^2 + [sTR/5] + [LUK/5] + UpgradeBonus + ImpositioManus + ATKCards + (rnd(ATK/100*min(ATK, dex*(0.8+0.2*WeaponLevel)), max(ATK, ATK/100*min(ATK, dex*(0.8+0.2*WeaponLevel)) + rnd(0, ArrowATK - 1)) * SizeModifier) * SkillModifiers * (1 - DEF/100) - VitDEF + BaneSkill + Upgrades} + EnvenomSkill) * ElementalModifier * DamageBonusModifiers * DamageReductionModifiers] * NumberOfMultiHits) - KyrieEleisonEffect) / NumberOfMultiHits.

Remark#1: You can see the Size Modifier (SM) index in the formulae.

It has following values for bows:

Monsters of the Small Size (e.g. Yoyo), SM=100;

Monsters of the Medium Size (including Humans), SM=100;

Monsters of the Large Size (most of MVPs+Peko Peko Riders (excluding baby classes on Peko, they're considered as mobs of Medium Size)), SM=75.

Remark#2: The Skill Modifier is different for different skills (see part E for more information). As long as the crit or agi/dex sniper's build is dominant on some RO servers, the ones who will use this guide to calculate their damage, can consider Skill Modifier=1.

D

Brief information about the effect of the stats for sniper

STR- Increases attack power by a small amount, while using a bow every increment of 10 points give a small bonus. Also increases your weight capacity, thus allows you to carry more bows/arrows/equips.

AGI- Increases flee and aspd(attack speed).The more aspd you have the faster you can kill the enemy.Having 195+ aspd you can stunlock your enemy so he/she practically can't move.Theoreticaly, with 200 aspd, the first hit will coincide with the last one, that's why maximum allowed aspd on the private servers, based on eAthena Emulator is 199. The more flee you have the more difficult to attack you, the faster you move.

VIT- Increases MHP [Max HP], reduces the damage you take from physical attack by a small amount and increases your status resistance. Once you have 100vit and more, stun, silence, chaos, poison, blind won't effect you. However there are some status alignments that can't be nullified unless you use certain cards.

INT- Increases MSP [Max SP], Reduces the damage you take from magical attack by a small amount. For snipers the falcon damage is dependant slightly on dex but MAJORLY on INT, the more INT you have, the more damage your Falcon will do. Also the damage done by traps depends on INT.

DEX- Increases your accuracy rate (Hit rate), Also this is one of the most important stats for a sniper, As it increases your atk pwr when you equip a long range type weapon. Dex also increases aspd slightly. It increases Falcon damage slightly too, however it isn't as effective as INT for maximizing Falcon damage. Dex will cut the cast time as it gets higher, once you have 150dex and more, all your skills will be instantly casted. Also note that every increasement dividable by 10 will give atk bonus.

LUK- Increases your crit rate, your lucky dodge and your 'auto-blitz' ("the flight of the falcon") chances.Also increases your ATK but by a very small amount.

Every 3 luk points = 1 crit point

0.3%*LUK points=autoblitz chance

Every 10 luk points = 1 lucky dodge point.

E

Credits.

I'd like to say "thank you" to these men, who really mastered RO and who were my 'teachers':

Holy

Niru a.k.a. Kindro a.k.a. Oleg "the Slayer" Filatov

Zombie a.k.a. Egor "the Gloom"

and to all whom I know.

F

Conclusion

So that is all for now, I hope that the guide will be useful for someone, that will mean that I didn't just waste my time typing all this information.

If you have questions or updates, feel free to post replies.

damn... dumb cant understand! ITS TO COMPLEX!!! Nice guide very very usefull.. thanx!! XD

I don't think it's 100 vit that can grant you immunity to stun, silence, chaos, poison, and blindness. I think it's somewhat higher than that. I don't know it specifically, so can you confirm this? Please test it, so we would all know about it. Set your VIT to 100 and have a Whitesmith spam Hammerfall on you or something. Thanks~:lol:

I don't think it's 100 vit that can grant you immunity to stun, silence, chaos, poison, and blindness. I think it's somewhat higher than that. I don't know it specifically, so can you confirm this? Please test it, so we would all know about it. Set your VIT to 100 and have a Whitesmith spam Hammerfall on you or something. Thanks~:lol:

here in this server,its 200vit that makes you immune to Stun,blin and silence... but curse and poison cant be immunize...XD

here in this server,its 200vit that makes you immune to Stun,blin and silence... but curse and poison cant be immunize...XD

Woah, that's way too high. Are you sure?

Oh, I think you CAN be immune to poison.

The status that we can't be immune are curse, stone curse, and freeze.

Guest Ali*
Damage for the one shot of sniper=(([({(DEX + [DEX/10]^2 + [sTR/5] + [LUK/5] + UpgradeBonus + ImpositioManus + ATKCards + (rnd(ATK/100*min(ATK, dex*(0.8+0.2*WeaponLevel)), max(ATK, ATK/100*min(ATK, dex*(0.8+0.2*WeaponLevel)) + rnd(0, ArrowATK - 1)) * SizeModifier) * SkillModifiers * (1 - DEF/100) - VitDEF + BaneSkill + Upgrades} + EnvenomSkill) * ElementalModifier * DamageBonusModifiers * DamageReductionModifiers] * NumberOfMultiHits) - KyrieEleisonEffect) / NumberOfMultiHits.

Brackets -> of Division / Mutilplacation -> Addtion -> Subtraction.

so do the Brackets first ! That should help, or otherwise, google Damage Calculators and save your Brain the hassle, awesome guide btw.

Brackets -> of Division / Mutilplacation -> Addtion -> Subtraction.

so do the Brackets first ! That should help, or otherwise, google Damage Calculators and save your Brain the hassle, awesome guide btw.

maybe you mean brackets-->Multiplicatio-->Division-->Addition-->Subtraction...

i think its MDAS?? its on algebra right? XD hehe... btw, cant find some damage calculators..>.<

Woah, that's way too high. Are you sure?

Oh, I think you CAN be immune to poison.

The status that we can't be immune are curse, stone curse, and freeze.

o.O Freeze?

You mean only with vit, right, and not like Marc or Evil druid...?

freeze cant be immunize... u need to wear unfroze armor to be immune.. XD