Glaze

Apocryphos' Ultimate Guide To Sura

Why Play Sura?

Sura the most mobile class in game, but also the most hp and sp reliant characters as well. Sura's advantages over the other classes are: locking combos, weight based moves ,HP based move ,high mobility ,and regeneration. Sura's also have a weaker version of antidote called gentle touch (cure) this move only works 25% of the time, but unlike antidote this move works also to cure stone frost freezing burning and others I won't bother listing.

Why play sura when I know gx can still own it with dark priest and magic mushrooms?

There is no reason why. It's cause it's more challenging and when you win it's more self satisfactory.

Table of Content

Feel Free to comment I've finished reserving my spots.

Equipment

Weapons

1527.png?nocache=2129941859 +10 Quadrille[2] is by far the strongest sura weapon in game.

- normal quadrille is dropped by High Priest Magaleta

- and only slottable at "@warp mid_camp 167 271"

- the best cards to put is 4134.pngThanatos or 4134.pngIncantation Samurai and 4134.pngTurtle General or 4134.pngPhreeoni

1544.png?nocache=1253380193 +10 Luna Kaleet / Lunakaligo [3] for slots stun and attacks.

- dropped Tatacho

- 3x 4134.pngDracula cards should be used to regain SP.

Armor

2365.png?nocache=990503217Orleans's Gown ,mainly used for the uninterruptable cast.

- dropped by Banshee and Banshee Master

- enchantable at "@warp prontera 165 60"

- best card is 4134.pngTao Gunka

Accessories

2728.pngCursed Hands x2

- Dropped by Incarnation of Morroc

- Best card 4134.pngIfrit

2789.pngBradium Ring x2

- Dropped by Dolomedes

- Best card 4134.png Bronzering ,dropped by Bronzering

Garments

2541.png?nocache=574012412Asprika/Aesprika

-Obtainable Via GM Castle here is Guide

2554.png?nocache=1103225808Nydhorgg's Shadow Garb

- Dropped by Nidhoggr's Shadow

- Suggested card 4134.pngDeviling, to be used vs Asura, Gate of Hell, Tiger Cannon, Sacrifice, and other force neutral skills.

Shoes

2433.pngDiabolus Shoes%5B1%5D

- Dropped by Satan Morroc or Wounded Morroc

- Best Card is 4134.pngAmon Ra

2423.pngVariant Shoes

- Dropped by Beelzebub

Headgears

- players without a Blessed Valkyrie Helmet must learn how to fix their own stats because I do not base my stats on any other helmets.

30016.pngBlessed Valkyrie Helmet (Top)

- Obtainable by quest here is the guide.

- Recommended cards are 4134.pngKiel-D-01 or 4134.pngArc Angeling.

30026.png?nocache=305500945Nebula Aura

- Obtainable by quest here is the guide.

- Recommended cards are 4134.pngKiel-D-01 or 4134.pngArc Angeling or 4134.pngMaya Purple

5464.png?nocache=1103398655Bascojin Doll

- Mainly used for Magnificat

- Obtainable via quest here is the guide.

Shields

2115.png?nocache=1514202199Valkyrja's Shield

- Recommended cards are 4134.pngTirfing or4134.pngThara Frog or4134.pngHorn or4134.pngGolden Thief Bug

- dropped by Valkyrie

Tiger_Cannon.pngTiger Cannon and Gate of Hell SuraGate_of_Hell.png

Description

This type of Sura is heavily reliant on current HP and Regeneration. These Suras are the type to run around and regenerate and attack you, the fight will last long against these types of Suras. Tiger Cannon are done when the Suras HP is full and Gate of Hell is when has fallen a bit; But it doesn't necessarily mean hes super low on hp 1/2 HP with decent equips can dish 10k+ Gate of Hell. This class is most easily countered with reduction.

The Third Job Skills

Gentle_Touch_Revitalize.png Gentle Touch (Revitalize) - 320% more regeneration, *exclusive to gro rebalanced*

Tiger_Cannon.png Tiger Cannon - huge damaging move when hp is high.

Gate_of_Hell.png Gate of Hell - main damaging move when hp has fallen below 50%.

Windmill.pngCursed_Circle.png Wind Mill and Cursed Circle - Immobilizer skill that helps you run away. *Windmill = Force sit Cursed Circle is AoE bladestop.*

Howling_Lion.png Howling Lion - Status Infliction causes fear status at 30% and removes all songs if hit. *Fear Reduces Opponents Hit and Flee*

The Tiger Cannon and Gate of Hell Build

apocryphostcbuild.jpg

Why?

STR: Is Obviously for Damage.

AGI: Unneeded

VIT: For Tiger Cannon Damage

INT: Cast Time 75+29= 104

DEX: Cast Time and Hit (184+32)2=432+104= 536

LUK: Arc Angeling prerequisite

Dragon_Combo.pngFallen_Empire.pngCombo SuraRiding_Lightning.pngKnuckle_Arrow.png

Description

This sura is a fast type of sura that likes to deal damage all the time only to take short breaks to rest and pace themselves. This Class is a double threat for deviling users not only if you use deviling the damage would be high enough to kill you fast, and for people without wearing deviling get an Asura Strike in the face!

Third Job Skills

Dragon_Combo.png Dragon Combo - Damaging skill that's a prerequisite for Fallen Empire. *does stun with an 11% chance*

Fallen_Empire.png Fallen Empire - Damaging skill that is based on opponents weight, comes after dragon combo. *immobilize the opponent for 2.5 seconds*

Lightning_Walk.png Lightning Walk - Avoiding skill that relocates you towards opponent. *only covers long range attacks and magic*

Riding_Lightning.png Ride of Lightning - Long Range AoE Damaging skill. *damage increases with dex and wind property element*

Windmill.pngCursed_Circle.png Wind Mill and Cursed Circle - Immobilizer skill that helps you run away. *Windmill = Force sit Cursed Circle is AoE bladestop.*

Howling_Lion.png Howling Lion - Status Infliction causes fear status at 30% and removes all songs if hit. *Fear Reduces Opponents Hit and Flee*

Gentle_Touch_Change.png Gentle Touch (Change) - Sacrifices some defense for more attack. *does drain 5% after each use*

The Combo Sura Build

apocryphoscombobuild.jpg

Why?

Str: Obviously for higher damage.

Agi: For attackspeed to help combos.

Vit: Survivability

Int: Cast time and Amon Ra

Dex: Hit and Cast

Luk: For Arc Angeling.

Gate_of_Hell.pngTiger_Cannon.png The Universal Sura Dragon_Combo.pngFallen_Empire.png

Description

This sura is the best type of sura, most expensive, and hardest to play,just because of the amount of skills you have at your disposal.

Universal means high regen high combo damage high tc damage high gate of hell damage. This build is no joke. but then again its no foods, adding foods makes a big difference, go wild.

The Third Job Skills

Dragon_Combo.png Dragon Combo - Damaging skill that's a prerequisite for Fallen Empire. *does stun with an 11% chance*

Fallen_Empire.png Fallen Empire - Damaging skill that is based on opponents weight, comes after dragon combo. *immobilize the opponent for 2.5 seconds*

Lightning_Walk.png Lightning Walk - Avoiding skill that relocates you towards opponent. *only covers long range attacks and magic*

Riding_Lightning.png Ride of Lightning - Long Range AoE Damaging skill. *damage increases with dex and wind property element*

Gentle_Touch_Change.png Gentle Touch (Change) - Sacrifices some defense for more attack. *does drain 5% after each use*

Gentle_Touch_Revitalize.png Gentle Touch (Revitalize) - 320% more regeneration, *exclusive to gro rebalanced*

Tiger_Cannon.png Tiger Cannon - huge damaging move when hp is high.

Gate_of_Hell.png Gate of Hell - main damaging move when hp has fallen below 50%.

The Universal Sura Build

apocryphosuniversalbuil.jpg

Battle Guide

The Sura Battle Guide by Apocryphos

The battle guide will cover the basics of playing Sura and how to defeat every enemy I have encountered.

Apocryphos vs Sorcerer!!

The Sorcerer is a dangerous class to face since we can't rely on certain skills to hit 100% of the time, with gate of hell being owned by wall of fog and safety wall owning tiger cannon and asura strike, with reductions they're practically unstoppable! But do not fear!! unless There are many ways to win against this class!!! there is the typical run away regen type which works 90-100% of the time. Or the Gorgon Valkyrja shield time!, with this my mdef is positive and the damage i receive is much safer. Basically you use stone curse to stop there movement and own them! by carefully taking there safety wall out. and Asuraing, while stone cursed.

Other ways into owning a Sorcerer! Wear GTB and use pushpalm strike and cast asura before the pushpalm strike occurs to push them out of safety wall and bam asura them while they're outside! Reasons why you need gtb-> just cause if they wore grb and they didn't get knocked back means his or her grb is inside a strong shield, which is suicide. Or they have brynhildr or skoll.

Apocryphos vs Guillotine Cross!!

After mushrooms has been fixed to no longer stop sp recovery then this class is easy as pie. with quadrille[2] i can just use stone curse and own them with asura. if they are wearing ED just combo them to death or use resurrection. Don't feel like using asura, he has tao and reduction? Omg he has high flee, Lets use Fear Status *30% chance with howling lion*! Own them with combo's!!

Apocryphos vs Ranger!

Another SP sapping whore! Snipers can take away 80% of your SP really easily, my suggestion is to have Dracula's or learn to use assimilate power *note to self the huge cool down might not be enough for you to survive* knowingly you will need immunity equipment such as Medusa and unfrozen to prevent being Resurrection , or unfrozen with 2 Gemini cards for those who do not want to sacrifice shield reduction*i personally prefer just Medusa against rangers, due to my pnuema covering most damage*

owning them with combos is safest way but winning with asura is dangerous if they survive, with electro shocker constantly draining your SP you won't have enough time to sp to run away.

Apocryphos vs Rune Knight!

Evasiveness is key when facing this class you must avoid direct frontal confrontation, mainly due to Death bound!! The Fastest way to win is probably combo's since its not massive damage but its safe even if chain crush combo is rebounded there is a chance to survive. With regeneration reaching up to 760% with 2xAA, Magnificat, Revitalize, 2 cursed hands, you can recover this fairly easily.

But do note that rune knights also have recovery so do not let them recover! Unlike sura they get a recovery multiplier it triples there regeneration, so lets say they had all recovery equipment, 2xAA , Magnifcat, Revitalize, Life Link, 2xCursed hands, they'd have around 810% with tension relax tripling the recovery, That'd be a total of 2430% regeneration. Do not let them recover, force them to use change so they lose 320% and never let them use tension relax, always be behind the opponent and constantly doing damage. Enough commentary not many RK's are this type anyways.

Apocryphos vs Warlock

Squishy class but can be heavily annoying, if they get marsh fixed so it reduces dex they could easily reduce the amount of hits we they receive by 25%, best way is probably to tiger cannon, gate of hell and asura, lightning walk to relocate after knockback skills such as jupitel thunder. Warlocks are food for us Sura they have no locking skills only stone curse but that is preventable.

Can't beat an opponent who can run and regen.

Apocryphos vs Minstrel/Wanderer

Luck based sp drainer, not many good minstrels/wanderers out there even though they have a ton of potential, best way is to use any comboes to deal damage and always be doing damage when possible so when under siren avoid the minstrel and regen, but stay in range of circle of life melody that overlaps over siren effect.

Apocryphos vs Arch Bishop

Major class hard to beat, if you facing a decent one, 2 ways to beat it with tao and maya and assumptio should one hit kill an arch bishop at 50%, the other way is holy light pushpalm strike and asura, it removes holy light pushes opponent out of safety wall and asura's instantly after pushpalm hits. this works with tiger cannon as well, Beauties of Renewal allowing skills to be casted during cast time.

Apocryphos vs Shadow Chaser.

The Most annoying class to face with a Sura. But I have a technique that works 100% of the time, I call it Tetra Linear, consists of 4 moves pnuema, push palm strike knuckle arrow and body relocation. First you would start out by pushpalm spamming and body relocating out of shadow forms range, then relocate back with knuckle arrow till opponent hits the wall, then repeat, till opponent no longer has HP, easy to counter with gtb and fcp.

Apocryphos vs Mechanic/Mado

This is another easy class to destroy, one way to destroy this class is simply using fallen empire as a mado this move will easily do 20k+ with fallen empire that hits 2x, if they're focusing on cart termination you can eliminate the high spam rate of that move by decreasing their agility.

Apocryphos vs Genetic

Highly recommend avoiding this class direct confrontation can lead to a very fast death, If not then please take note of what I say:

• I suggest you learn how to use pnuema very well
  • Make a habbit to relocate back inside pnuema when you see Cart Tornado
  • Have heavy reduction against neutral elements to reduce the damage. as high as possible.
  • To learn how to use fallen empire as fast as possible.
  • To use regeneration when ever possible

Genetic is by far the hardest class to face when they're linked, they're practically impossible to kill. Unless they're heavy fallen empire should own them really fast.

• Techniques are use lightning walk to close in fast
  • Cursed circle to stop high speed movement
  • *Possibly if you can tank damage pretty well use stone curse( seeker card ) to finish them off.*
  • Fallen empire as well to stop mobility- then switch to champion combo with asura as a finisher.

These techniques are highly recommended when facing a genetic, possibly even change builds for higher resistance to howling mandoraga and lower vit for acid demonstration damage to be reduced.

Apocryphos vs Sura

Most sura's can't use fallen empire only 2 maybe 3 can actually do it, but even with fallen empire facing other sura's with regen equipment is impossible to win against * how ever i have suggested that fallen empire be changed to 8.5*Damage + opponents weight instead of 8.5*Opponents weight. Sura vs Sura w/ regen equipment on both sides is a match with no winner.

Apocryphos vs RG

Well at the moment RG's are insanely hard to kill especially those amon ra users with that and piety makes their Kyrie Eleison Unbreakable!! Rely on your asura and focus relocating back in to pnuema's the duel will eventually end when the sura starts to switch from dracula weapon to asura weapon when ever asura becomes ready, which is around 6k SP

Guide is complete add rep to the best parts, and leave comments about the parts that may be confusing or places you wish for me to elaborate on.

PS: I might change stuff up due to gatheringro's growth in renewal.

nice guide but i have to tell you that your Fallen Empire suggestion will not be implemented. The calculation of Fallen Empire is : (100 + 150 * skill_lv) * tsd->weight / 9000;

in other words, if anything the skill description is misleading since it makes people assume the dmg is 100 + 150% * skill lvl + tsd->weight / 9000 (which would actually result in much much lower damage than now)

a simple calculation, lets say the enemy has 9k weight ( which is actually 90k because weight is always counted in 0,1 units. For example, in arrows.)

the calculation is like this : 100 + 150 * skill lvl = +750% damage * 90000/9000 = 7500%

if we however fight someone with mediocre weight (i.e. 3500 weight which is 35000)

the calculation looks like this : 100 + 150 * skill lvl = +750% * 35000/9000 = 2916%

and if we go for someone with low weight (for example someone with lets say 500 weight only)

the calculation becomes this : 100 + 150 * skill lvl = +750% * 5000 / 9000 = 416%

Also, the damage is split between the 2 hits while in dragon combo every hit does full dmg.

*suggests that the 9000 weight cap becomes opponents weight cap and #hits increased to 3*

or maybe an if then statement like if weight cap is below 3000 then use opponents cap,

if and only if opponents weight cap is above 3000 then use the 9000 weight cap.

sura gets all the credit... hahaha,, no one beats it... congrats... i lost to u fran any way... ^^ my RK wont work well against sura...(if they are telling that im one of the strongest? i say,its easy to beat other RK's too specially those who aren't equiped yet... wish no more complaints against RK's hahaha)

maybe the thing can kill sura is... howling mandragora.... u cant relocate or cast pneuma fast in that status,,,, then spam AD or cart cannon... well just a counter i made my self^^... but im not stupid to make a genetic just to fight against sura's.... ^^ (because im Poor) hahah

*suggests that the 9000 weight cap becomes opponents weight cap and #hits increased to 3*

or maybe an if then statement like if weight cap is below 3000 then use opponents cap,

if and only if opponents weight cap is above 3000 then use the 9000 weight cap.

Fallen Empire will stay as it is. It is working fine this way and will not be increased.

Nice guide fran. Well, thanks for this guide. Hmm. I just need more practice of using sura very well. Now I know why our duel is tie. Your sura is same as my RK's build. I mean, pure regen. Haha. No one will die. Also, our duel before makes me bored but challenging. It took 15-30mins. Haha. and the result it tie. Epic fail. XD Well, thanks again.

Fran, teach me how to use universal build. I'm interested. :) Also, I already got +8 quadrile[2]. Teach me dude. :D

The key to fallen empire fury is the high ping that allows us a larger time gap , to perform fallen empire after dragon combo w/o triple attack, is to start the attack again then press FE it should automatically perform it.

Would like to ask something about asura fran. Does thana works on it? Also, still quadrile good for asura?

yeah thana works with it since its no longer based on vit it adds a random 5~50% more damage and ignores defense yes quadrille is still good for asura

Yes Bhorns are better than bvh for asura because it adds weapon attack also known as equipment attack. which is multiplied by thana and hydra/tg (1.05~1.5+1.2)[5%~50%+20%] while bvh does add damage only due to the str bonus which is (STR+200)/200 that multiplies to ur total weapon attack. so basically +15 str would give you 7.5% more damage. thats why when using foods +20 str is +10% more damage thats actual damage using str bonus which doesn't stack with any cards. From what gRO's database says baphomet horns are no longer job level = additional weapon attack but (job level*2)/7 so 240/7 roughly 34 additional equipment attack.

I personally don't use bhorns for asura for many reasons.

- asura is strong as it is but its reflectable.

- Use strongest asura when you know you can survive reflect w/o being put into GoH mode.

- Time it right for RK do not use strongest asura due to high block rate, waste of sp.

- Slot space, practically all my characters have all 34 hotkeys occupied + the 2 clickable ones.

+1 To The Guide ...

its really a big Help for 1st Timers to these Job Class ... But I wanna know ...

can +7~+10 Kaiser Knuckles at least meet the expectations on a +8Quadrile?

well I mean, as you said quadrile is still the best weapon to sura's ...

but what I wanna ask is that, kaiser knuckles can atleast compete with the quadrile's performance when it comes to battle damage?

Not at the moment since knuckle mastery only covers melee not even skills get the 30% more damage

Against the fight with Rg part .... well the reflect builds are annoying , Speaking as a non tao user . Asura them is plainly foolishness and my combos gets stopped becuz of the auto guard + shrink ... Add some light to it please !

Nice guide, it's nice to see that someone has really taken the time to go to details just to help others! :) Keep it up! (Personally was a great help for me!)

His guide is the best but you don't ever see any Suras following it

This is what 2014 suras do: DC DC DC DC DC DC DC DC DC DC DC DC DC DC DC DC DC DC DC DC DC DC

Fran please come back. Or at least make Mikey come back and teach these new suras what to do

dude suras arent the same as they were back then thats why evrybody plays different now ur just a noob who dosnt know how this server works

many played sura like fran mike Omid hendy jay but since they changed sura its different now