jasper12113

Mikeyyyy's Guide To Rangers (Updated 11/3/2012)

Welcome~ I'll put an arrow in your knee~
Updated 11/3/2012. Welcome thanks for using my guide i really appreciate it 😄 and i would really appreciate if you guys stop being so judgemental about it too ^^" No please stop it hurts me :c Hehe please this is just to help you get an idea on how to build your ranger. Don't copy my build and equips all the way. Make your own. Be creative. There are many possibilities as a Ranger.

Just an overview of this guide:
I will cover 3 types of rangers:
  • Warg type w/ bow
  • Falcon type w/ bow and traps (COMING SOON: High Int and Dex, traps deal high damage spiking up to 50k~80k each)
  • Warg type w/ dagger (COMING SOON: High Str and dagger equippable with shield)

Warg Type w/ Bow
FYI:
This is what most rangers you see will be
PROS:
  • Easy to build, stats and equips wise.
  • Doesn't need expensive equips and doesn't depend on foods.
  • High chance of autocasting Warg Strike when you autoattack.
  • Warg Strike spamming deals high damage.
  • Can get through pnuema users with Warg Dash spam
CONS:
  • Limited uncloaking to Sensitive Keen and Arrow Shower
  • Might need Kiel-D 01 Cards to spam skills like Sensitive Keen and Warg Dash
  • Warg can be seen when cloaked.

Building Your Ranger:
  • Str- Unnecessary unless you want to carry more weight. Best to leave it at 1
  • Agi- Get it up til 193 ASPD. I highly suggest keeping it at 170~180 so you can have masquerade resistance with it.
  • Vit- Pour as much as you can in here once your done with other stats. Aim for 110+
  • Int- Unnecessary unless you want to wear Amon Ra Card on your shoes. Keep it at 1 if you don't have Amon Ra Card
  • Dex- Get this as high as possible. This determines your attack~! Aim for 180~200
  • Luk- This will increase damage as well but not as much as dex. You need this for chance of autocasting wargstrike (eq: 0.3% * 1 luk). Aim for 100~200 (30%~60%)
Should look something like this, but build your own build~ Be creative!:

Ranger Class

Equips:
Upper Headgear:

Baphomet Horns Baphomet Horns,  63001.png?nocache=483815147 Dark Lord Helm [1] , 63011.png?nocache=1994975873 Blessed Valkyrie Helm [1], 63089.png?nocache=1259139824 Prism Effect #2 or #3 ,  63104.png?nocache=752732295 Dragon of Eternity [1],  63101.png?nocache=1915410912 Cosmic Infinity [1], 5308.png?nocache=692089855Brazil National Flag Hat [1]

-Card IconKiel-D 01 Card, Card IconGemini- S58 Card, Card IconMaya Purple Card

Middle Headgear:

30161.png?nocache=1614402119Noble Mask[1] or any slotted middle headgear

-Card IconKiel-D 01 Card, Card IconGemini- S58 Card, Card IconMaya Purple Card

Lower Headgear:
Deviling RucksackDeviling Rucksack [1] or any slotted lower headgear
- Card IconDunyerr Card, Card IconVanberk Card, Card IconDark Pingicula Card

Body:
2390.pngRefined Tights [1] (for Perfect Dodge), 2367.pngSniping Suit [1] (less cast delay and more crit),2357.png?nocache=787633276Valkarja's Armor [1]  (Unbreakable)
Card IconTao Gunka Card, Card IconGhostring Card, Card IconGarm Card, Card IconPest Card, Card IconMarc Card, Card IconEvil Druid

Garment:
2524.png?nocache=1875373981Valkyrja's Manteau [1] (for Perfect Dodge) , 2554.png?nocache=1811570897Proxy Skin Fragment [1] (For Resistance) , 2528.png?nocache=1819651168Wool Scarf [1] (For Wool Scarf + Tidal Shoes combo)
- Card IconAssassin Cross Card, Card IconChoco Card, Card IconGIant Whisper Card, Card IconRaydric Card

Shoes:

2423.pngVariant Shoes (20% HP and SP), 2440.png?nocache=144843838Sprint Shoes [1] ,2424.png?nocache=441407253Tidal Shoes [1] (For Wool Scarf + Tidal Shoes combo)

- Card IconAmon Ra Card, Moonlight Flower Card

Accessories:

2619.png?nocache=1506690228Improved Bow Thimble [1] (inflict 10% more long ranged physical damage), 2619.png?nocache=1506690228Bow Thimble [1] (inflict 3% more long ranged physical damage), 2749.png?nocache=483134232Linen Glove [1] (Refined Tights + Linen Glove combo for Perfect Dodge)

- Card IconYoyo Card, Card IconBronzering Card, Card IconIfrit Card, Card IconErrende Ebecce Card

Bow:
  • Damage:
    1743.png?nocache=1024676434 +10 Glorious Hunter Bow, 1746.png?nocache=740606590+10~12 Elven Bow [1] w/ 1773.png?nocache=2109092924Elven Arrows, 1732.png?nocache=1184337830+10~12 Earthen Bow [1] w/ 1756.png?nocache=873976803Stone Arrows
    - Card Icon Thanatos Card, Card Icon Inca Card, Card Icon Turtle General Card, Card Icon Hydra Card, Card Icon Paper Card

• Status (Annoying):
    1736.png?nocache=197046831+10~12 Double Bound Bow [3] , 1704.png?nocache=293194815 +10~12 Composite Bow [4]
    - Card Icon Whitesmith Card (Weapon 10% and Armor 7% break chance), Card Icon Valkyrie Randgris Card (Unbreakable Weapon, 10% more attack, and 1% chance to cast Dispell), Card IconStormy Knight Card (20% chance of Freezing enemy and 2% chance of casting Storm Gust), Card Icon Blockring Card (3% Chance of Stone Cursing enemy), Card Icon Thanatos Maero (5% chance of casting lv 3 Decrease), Card IconMetaling Card (5% chance to cast lv 1 Strip Weapon) , Card IconMetaller Card (5% Chance to Silence enemy) , Card IconMagnolia Card (5% chance to Curse enemy), Card IconSnake Card (5% chance to Poison enemy) , Card IconMarina Card (5% chance to Freeze enemy).

Skills at your disposal:
Just a look at the skills you'll most likely use~

Warg Strike:
Main damaging skill, Spammable.

Double Strafe:
Second damaging skill, Spammable, Can hitlock an enemy.

Arrow Shower:
Uncloaking Skill #1. Target hidden enemy's cell to uncloak them.

Sensitive Keen:
Uncloaking Skill #2. Needs Kiel-D01 to be spammable. Uncloaks enemies around you. Chance to autocast Warg Bite.

Firing Trap:
Uncloaking Skill #3. Target Hidden enemy's cell to uncloak. Inflicts burn status on enemy.

Warg Bite:
Immobilizes enemy by chance and prevents cloaking. Not that useful. Can lead to Aimed Bolt.

Aimed Bolt:
High damage output skill that does 3~4 hits (2 was only shown) on immobilized enemies and takes off their immobilized status. (Immobolizing Skills: Ankle Snare, Electric Shocker, Warg Bite, Cursed Circle, Blade Stop, Vacuum Extreme (Doesn't take off immobilized status off enemy when hit, so can be spammed on Vacuum Extreme'd enemies), Thorn Trap, White Imprison (Immaterial Arrows lol) )

Arrow Storm:
AoE skill. Has high damage output close to Aimed Bolt. Can be spammed with Kiel-D01 Cards.

Warg Dash:
Only melee attack for Rangers that can bypass Pnuema. Has high damage. Can be spammed with right equipment.

Warg Dash(Spammed):
Switched to cast delay reducers equipment~

Well that's it for my guide today~
Feel free to comment and suggest.

THANKS TO:
"H y m n"/Jackie for helping me get my equipments
^___^
"BOOMZILLA"/Jason for being the dummy
The guild "Enterprise" for having my back no matter what~

@darem ~ He said you should immobilized the enemy first :P

@topic/guide ~ well your technique looks cool, but I dont Think you can always do that to an enemy who will urge to fight you back ... I mean even you immobilized them through Freeze/stun/stone curse you can't simply say that it always goes like a 100% chance on doing that to them ... well I don't know much about rangers but I've seen a few that immobilized me through that pesky Trap(IDK what it's called) that drains my SP then do a normal atk or shower me with its arrow shower skill/Double Strife skill ... Then after a while I just can't fight back coz the next Thing I know is that I don't have SP anymore ....

PS: I play RG, and I'm not good in fighting range atks!

@vyers thanks xD

@shiro that drain sp trap isnt really isnt immobilizing, it just takes ur sp away, the traps im talking about are the one that keeps u from moving and attacking like sandman or freezing so, i dont reccomend ankle snares or electric shocker cuz rgs can trample(on ankle snare), sinx can backslide, suras can relocate, and others fight back, like rk with dragon breath or genetic with acid demo, other than that you can just simply use bows or cards that can inflict those status like earthen bow, stormy knight card, blockring card, etc. Get me? U just gotta immobilize em and place claymores around them which shud only take u not long and u detonate :P easy right? NOTE TO SELF: add this to guide..

shadow chaser will kill u if u still stick to this ~.~

1st they fsk and masq faster than u think they can

2nd we all know that we can always use flame skull or pest to counter ranger auto atk

soo just take my tips incase u need it :)

@SilverCloud easy :P theres always sleep and/or stun or u can use a pimp hat to ressurect or maybe an ygg leaf :P

I don't see anything that i taught you!, you are still refusing to use trap stacking!?

@kiridan sc? U can just take care of masquerades with agi :P no sweat, and pest? The whole point of this is to NOT autoattack but to immobolize the enemy and use traps. Only autoattack wen needed, i dont even use my now at times, just a fortune sword with anti medium valk + gr and immune garment.

@glaze D: well i thought this wud be more efficient :[

the guide is okay but can you limit the color you use? my eyes kinda hurt from reading this.. and also constant format size..

frequent changes in color and text size is kinda.. well.. troublesome for people with "not so good" eyesight... like me DX

7/10

@blazingbulalakaw

its about skill, not items

Falcon Damages aren't related to STR ? Or it changed from Pre-Renewal to Renewal ?

Falcon Damages aren't related to STR ? Or it changed from Pre-Renewal to Renewal ?

blitzbeat damage is related to int... bigger int bigger damage XD

@blazingbulakaw O_o lol did i mention this guide is old? i still gotta update it -.-

@akira yea sorry dont worry ill edit it when i have time

@thea831 i blame u for reviving this -.-"

@jasper i know O_o lol \m/

@akira add more dex for good eyesight.. ^^

haha LOL nice 1!!

but if my eyesight gets better then its gonna hurt more when reading this guide XD

Q.Q :blink: Q.Q

Its a fine Guide, a Guide for Newbies and new to the Job Class. Well a PRO or good Player won't agree on this Guide, also, I think of Trap Stacking (Claymore Trap) is Much Better. And another, Electric Shocker can immobilize people, I'm immobilized when I step on it, immobilized like you can't walk/run/move. Well I think Glaze's Trap Stacking is more cooler. Just my 2 Cents. <_<

Thanks for the change in color ^___^

i can finally read this to my content ahahah... XD

guys please dont be judgemental >_< i was rushing when i made this guide back then, im trying my best to update it right now :o!

you shouldn't double post + the test dumby shouldn't be wearing any amplifiers to make your damage seem higher. No possible way to do 60k+ traps with only 143 int.

so seeing the DRH, the prism makes a headgear that consumes UPPER AND MID into UPPER only??? thanks for the info ^^ been wondering about this for quite some time.. and NICE JOB ON THE UPDATE.. XD

PS: Amon doesnt need luk,. it needs 99 BASE int,, by this i mean you should make your int 99, the +stats doesnt count as base int