Chadwick

The Amazing Sniper Guide

uhm... does str add to sniper's dmg?

no..it doesn but it increases the amount of arrows u can carry

@Brooky

You should have only put stats to agi and dex, you don't need any other stats just to level up. When you fix your ASPD to 195, then that's the time you should put points to other stats. As I remember, I was level 130 when I gained 195 ASPD.

@Lige

Yeah, me too. :lol:

Ohh, so does that mean i should reset my stats? :blink:

IMHO, didn't the Str always add the attack stat? :huh:

Oh yeah, Chadwick

You've explain your Sniper's build.

But as far as I know, there's two types of Sniper

The first one is falcon type, which got more benefit on your extra auto-blitz attack, the one that you got in your guide. (the same as mine although we have different build ^_^ )

The second one is power type (or people's say DS type), which just like the name serves, this type got benefit from it crazy attack power.

This power type is max it's Dex and Str (plus agi) for superior DS damage

Just wondering: how about you do some research to this power type Sniper that always DS everytime?

I'm sure it can help because not all people like the falcon type ^_^

Btw, my falcon type doesn't need any vit and instead give the point to Int for more falcon damage. Crazy, huh? ^_^

@Brooky

Well, don't reset your stat so fast, man.

I think it's gonna be more better if you max lvling first and use make a build that suited you most

Personally, I think even if there are 100 person who play Sniper, you can't find the 100% same build among them ^_^

Because every man is unique and got their own taste :lol:

no..it doesn but it increases the amount of arrows u can carry

Actually, I thought that STR does add to your damage. Even if it's minimal, it's still some damage :o.

@ the pplz talkin about str

it does add damage... if i had no str atm, i would be down a good 10-20 atk. it may not seem like much, but hell... more arrows and dmg! :D

i personally am un interested in Fire_Dragon's build, because it may not serve a good puprose for anything but killing small monsters... if you have no vit. i doubt you'd survive in pvp. and falcon's don't necessarily attack SUPER high. so it won't deal alot of damage in a short amount of time (also seeing that you can't spam the skill too fast...) iono. i wanna experiement xD :blink:

LoL. OF COURSE it will never survive in PvP. :lol:

Mine is for MVP hunt only so I only need damage to kill those MVP before their slaves kill me ^_^

Well, FYI, for my build (with Improve conc and True Sight and without card), I can let my falcon do 2000 damage per attack and I loves it because before I make this all-out-attack build, I kill the Orc Hero more longer with the same Fire Arrow and a plain Rudra's Bow ^_^

well, that 2k dmg better be coming from autoblitz while attacking with 195 aspd, because (like i said before) you can't spam falcon assault... it has a 1 sec delay after every time u cast it so ur falcon can fly back above you, in order for you to cast it again.

Stats... it's so simple for a sniper. Why are you guys arguing about this? It all just goes with your personal preference. All I'm telling about the stats of a sniper is to have max dex and 195 aspd. That's all that's important, all the other tiny tidbits depends on who's building his sniper.

What? Me, research? I've experienced enough, thanks. Yeah, I miss those times when all beg a priest to warp us to glastheim, just to get some taste of some undead in prison. Back then, the DS-type rules, although I favored the falcon type right from the beginning.

There WERE those two types of sniper, but guess what. In here, our stats are capped at 200, that's why there're more points to distribute among your stats.

All snipers here need MAX dex.

Yes, you heard me right. So basically, all snipers in our dear server are power-type/ds-type. No need to research. The variations that might be considered in gRO are the falcon-type and the vit-type.

• Falcon type (I'm one of them), get a lot of int and luk depending on their preference, max dex, 195 aspd-enough agi, and maybe some str. These MVP killers may also add some vit, depending on their preference.

• Vit-type on the other hand, get as much vit as they possibly can, max dex, 195 aspd-enough agi, and maybe some str. These PvP conquerors might put some luk and int too, but I doubt they'd add so much.

*Guide Updated*

Your guide rocks btw.. Chadwick good jobby!

Ok here's my problem.. how do you obtain a Orlean's Gloves? Do i make it? Do i hunt it(if so from what?)? And sniping suit too how do i get it :blink: please help :mellow::mellow::mellow:

Your guide rocks btw.. Chadwick good jobby!

Ok here's my problem.. how do you obtain a Orlean's Gloves? Do i make it? Do i hunt it(if so from what?)? And sniping suit too how do i get it :blink: please help :mellow::mellow::mellow:

You can get Orlean's Gloves from Bow Masters at thor_v01,v02 and v03. (@ali Glove of Orleans)

IMHO the best trap for Sniper is Ankle Snare because most of monster and another class are melee-ranged.

The easiest way of using it by letting your enemy hit you then using Charge Arrow to push them back and immediately put the Ankle Snare in front of you.

Then the enemy'll usually straight forward to you (because they've been targeted you before) and trapped. Pull back and Shoot them for good. If the got released, put your trap again, and again. ^_^

Note that the trap duration gonna be shorter is the enemy's got a lot of Agi.

The second best trap for me is Shockwave trap which use 2 trap.

But it'll gonna make anyone who stepped it lose most of their SP, so it's best when face against HW, etc. ^_^

For this trap it'll gonna be hard since there's no one stupid enough to step on it.

But try to combine it with the Skip Trap, Sandman, and Charge Arrow/Phantamistic Arrow ^_^

And the rest are status trap like Sandman (make enemy's sleeping) and Frozen Trap (make enemy's frozen)

Btw the funniest trap are Skid trap and Talkie Box ^_^

What's the best combination of godlike cards in a compbow specifically for a sniper? If say, money was no object? :P

I'm just curious as I've never had any godlike cards so I don't know how effectively they'd work out for a sniper IG. :D

For PvP, IMHO it'll not gonna be so much different than the Crit Sin X

2 Hydras, 1 LoD, and 1 The Paper card are looks like gonna be great on +10 Compotiste bow ^_^

Meanwhile for MVP, I'm loved to try Baphomet, LoD, Abyssmal Knight, and The Paper card :lol:

...When I can get those card? T_T

Is it just me, or is damage for snipers actually capped?

sitting at 200+28 dex, 110+5 str. My arrows hit for 298 normally and 302 with true sight. No matter what bow I use (with different card combinations) or which arrows I use (even between oredicon and steel) I can't break this cap for the life of me. If this is the case, perhaps its better to drop some dex for more int/luk for more falcon damage, because right now it seems they're dead stats, at least from a pve perspective.

Anyone seeing this?

Well, last time with +6 Rudra's Bow and Crystal Arrow, I hit Goat and the damage is just 300+ per hit. But the critical is 2k++ :huh:

My stat is almost same with you, 200 Dex and 100 Str, btw.

Well, last time with +6 Rudra's Bow and Crystal Arrow, I hit Goat and the damage is just 300+ per hit. But the critical is 2k++ :huh:

My stat is almost same with you, 200 Dex and 100 Str, btw.

Yeah my criticals are in the 2k's too, but I also think those are capped too. I can't get into the 3k's no matter how bad my bow/arrows are and how big of a switch I make (for example, a four carded bow with +25% damage and arrows of 200% damage element from a normal bow and steel arrows).

Yeah my criticals are in the 2k's too, but I also think those are capped too. I can't get into the 3k's no matter how bad my bow/arrows are and how big of a switch I make (for example, a four carded bow with +25% damage and arrows of 200% damage element from a normal bow and steel arrows).

I've tested it as well, I believe it is capped. It kinda sucks because all classes don't have caps. Take melee LK. I've done different builds with cards and it ranges from 100~500dmg on goats. They don't really have caps.

Back to topic, IMHO I use 5 different +10 composite bows for PVP. I never go into berry rooms as people bitch @ me saying "QUIT RUNNING YOU NOOB" but they are complete idiots when SNIPERS ARE RANGED. Most Bad Boys I've fought are noobs (most of the new members, not offending the old ones). Most of them keeps taunting me saying..come to deathbox..I'LL OWN YOU...etc,etc,etc.

Anyways, for MVP build, this guide is best for PVP build I would go

Str: 1

Agi: Max or ASPD 195

Int: xx

Vit: xx

Dex: Maxed

Luk: Maxed

xx meaning up to you. I never go vit because I go for PURE DMG only. I can careless about having more hp.

Str does help with dmg but only if you're SOUL LINKED other then that, Str is useless except for holding arrows.

Equip, it all depends. Go with most dex items, but if you can afford valk stuff go for it. I use amon ra (yes i actually farmed it! took me about 3 weeks) shoes. again 5 different 4 slotted +10 composite bows. 6 different sniping suits. 4 different orlean gloves. kettle,aoa, or just for fashion for the head. So yeah thats basically how I built my sniper.

I've tested it as well, I believe it is capped. It kinda sucks because all classes don't have caps. Take melee LK. I've done different builds with cards and it ranges from 100~500dmg on goats. They don't really have caps.

Back to topic, IMHO I use 5 different +10 composite bows for PVP. I never go into berry rooms as people bitch @ me saying "QUIT RUNNING YOU NOOB" but they are complete idiots when SNIPERS ARE RANGED. Most Bad Boys I've fought are noobs (most of the new members, not offending the old ones). Most of them keeps taunting me saying..come to deathbox..I'LL OWN YOU...etc,etc,etc.

Anyways, for MVP build, this guide is best for PVP build I would go

Str: 1

Agi: Max or ASPD 195

Int: xx

Vit: xx

Dex: Maxed

Luk: Maxed

xx meaning up to you. I never go vit because I go for PURE DMG only. I can careless about having more hp.

Str does help with dmg but only if you're SOUL LINKED other then that, Str is useless except for holding arrows.

Equip, it all depends. Go with most dex items, but if you can afford valk stuff go for it. I use amon ra (yes i actually farmed it! took me about 3 weeks) shoes. again 5 different 4 slotted +10 composite bows. 6 different sniping suits. 4 different orlean gloves. kettle,aoa, or just for fashion for the head. So yeah thats basically how I built my sniper.

Theoretically though, if damage is capped, wouldn't max dex be pointless? The points could go into luk/int therefor increasing falcon damage which would actually be useful. Which is why I brought it up in the first place.

FYI, Dex increasing falcon damage too, not as much as Int though.

So if you play falcon, I think maxing Dex is not a bad idea too ^_^

max dex, luk, and some int. only get a total of 99 vit (like 69+30 = 100... 69 being ur base dex, +30 being from items and the stat boosts...) so thana card won't work on you, max dex and luk and add a lil str and int. i think that should be decent :\

*ty yueh for the tip about the vit*

HOWEVER, you may be a bit fragile with 99 vit...

I've done several bird building tests. Seems like they are capped as well. As of now, I believe the best equipment for snipers are (non-donates)

Upper : Kettle, apple o' archer

Middle : Slotted sunglasses, binoculars

Lower : Nebula or what ever you want

Body : +xx sniping suit, +xx tights, +xx valk armor, or what ever you want

Weapon : +10 composite bow

Garment : +xx crest of the rider, +xx muffler, +xx valk manteau

Shoes : +xx shoes, valk shoes

Accessory : Orlean gloves, slotted gloves

Cards : I use mostly status effected cards

You can't have slotted sunglasses/ binoculars and a nebula aura - the nebula is a middle and lower gear. I'd rather an Ulle's cap to a AoA, as well - 1 dex in exchange for a slot seems more than worth it, to me.

The kettle is OK, but hey, LKH and GDH are good too. It's still based in ones own preferences.

(I prefer LKH, it's better-looking on my sniper. ^_^)