Sign in to follow this  
kirito

Weird Problem

Question

i never had this kind of problem in the years of playing gro.

my character dosnt walk normaly when i click on a spot. i have to spamm the spot + using like a skill ( cloak ) to make him move to that spot.
he dosnt move untill i spamm that spot and use a skill.

maybe somebody got the same problem and can help me

8 answers to this question

this issue could also be caused if the walkable space on your client isn't the same as that one from the server.

For instance the new Prontera Map could possibly have this issue right now.

But only if you're trying to walk on a spot were the old prontera had a house, and now there's walkable space now.

So your client will have issues displaying your current location, while the server tells you that you've just walked there.

first of all pat wtf man

and second wat shud i do ? dos reinstallingthe game solve the problem? i patched evrything but it still dosnt work. and the problem isnt only on Go 0 its on evry map xD

reinstalling didnt solve it and i saw a post on Ratemyserver that a guy has the same problem when he plays gro

this was hes post:

I really like the environment inside the game but as soon as the number of players exceed 50, it starts to become very lag the screen/frame skips a lot and I had to click my mouse several times before my character starts to move or cast a spell. I tried playing it on Windows, Linux and Mac (through Virtualbox with Ubuntu VM and Wine) all specs way above the recommended requirements. I just hope they upgrade their servers soon.

hes name is yumitech

Yes, that person tried to play gRO through a Virtual Windows.
From all the reports i've heard over all these years, gRO never worked in any virtual environment.

And i can assure you that the server's power is way above that guys expectations.
We've had over 1000 players online with a way way older server back then.

This one is the most powerful we've ever had, which should be able to hold 1000+ players without any problem.

I don't know exactly what's causing your problem right now.
But it's usualy a problem on the players side by either ( PC Hardware - PC Drivers - PC Software - Internet Connection - ISP Issues - Global Cable Issues (broken main cables in the ocean for instance))

Or where exactly do you live?
Do you actualy live in switzerland like stated in your profile?

yea i live in swiss just like you,

ich weiss ned was das isch marc, ich spiele scho siet gathering ro offe isch also über 8 jahre aber irgendwie sitt ich nach 1 jahr pause zrug bin spinnts irgendwie. min character lauft ned zu dere position wo ich ane clicke. muss würkli 20 mal click spamme oder en skill benutze.

For everyone else, the following language is swiss german xD

----------------------------

Echt komisch, es chunt mier gad nüt speziells in sinn wo das chönt verursache.

Lueg doch bitte mol öb nöd dini anti virus software sgame nonstop am prüefe isch, sodass es alles extrem verzögeret.

Oder mol luege öb nöd dini internet verbindig spinnt. (Swisscom oder was au immer)