Sign in to follow this  
x J i n x

Shield Spell

I found shield spell, heals larger amount of HP than before, I tested it with a +9 shield Imperial shield, It can heal up to maybe 1/4 of its HP, RG has strong offensive skills, but not to mention their tanking abilities, but for it to heal that much using SHield spell, I think thats too much.

I'd say nerf the healing capabilites of Shield spell (shield spell level 3)

This topic could really use a bump.
It is still a worrysome problem, RG's already have a lot on their side: High HP, high DEF, a way to remove all debuffs, a powerfull counter to magic, another powerfull counter to melee damage, and even ranged damage. They're already a big problem to fight. Yet, Shield Spell just makes them OP; they can easily recover their HP, making them incredibly hard to put down, in a 1 on 1 fight.

I understand it being legit on the Official servers, but then again, we aren't official, plus, in those servers, the HP and Damage doesn't go as ours go. A RG can be killed with some attacks, since their HP pool isn't as high as ours, and the damage that players deal is way higher than what we can dish out(in % not actual numbers). In Gro, healing 1/4 of HP is way too much; if we take an avarage RG to have 1m HP then, 1/4 = 250m, recovering 250m with a couple clicks, and dealing damage at others while the skills is in cooldown, it can make a RG very complicated to kill. A well geared RG, with a HP of 1,5m+ will heal around 375m.

Does this really seem balanced?

yeah . its okay with the shield spell ^^

Thumbs Up!!!!! :D

How about you explain why it is balance/alright, instead of just saying it's okay?

S A N D W I C H, on 04 Feb 2016 - 08:24, said:snapback.png

yeah . its okay with the shield spell ^^

raphaelluigi, on 07 Feb 2016 - 01:10, said:snapback.png

Thumbs Up!!!!! :D

How about you explain why it is balance/alright, instead of just saying it's okay?

Hahahahah! well, im not complaining with Blood Lust and its effect is like the official one. If it heals 1/4 on official then whats the difference with this server? Yes we have a higher HP here but also our damage is also high which also compensates with the higher HP pool right? Anyway this skills (blood lust, shield spell etc.) are implemented because it promotes team participation in which I think Ragnarok based its game play foundation and not really focusing on a one man play game.

Indeed, but I've already spoken my mind about bloodlust. It is OP, and should be looked into.

What's the diference you ask? lemme put it simply then:

In the official server, a RG can get 100k HP(this is an example, not an exact number) meaning he'll get 25k HP with shield spell. But then, comes a GX, and deals 20k with CI. so, the RG can heal 25k, sure, but said GX will hit for 20k at a rate the RG cannot regen.

In our case, a potent CI can deal about 90k, perhaps? you'll heal 250k. so basicly a GX would need to hit the RG 3 times, to get near to the regen? See where I'm going with this?

Also sure, Ragnarok is a team based game, of course; I totaly agree. But, you'll bring a team, to a duel? Or rather would you want a team against you, in a duel? Duel meaning 1 V 1, of course.

And lastly; No. Some classes damage may be high, but the fact RG's have High HP and the ability to regen a big chunk of it, is OP.

To make this clear also, I don't want to remove the skill, I simply want a balance on it; since we, Gro, aren't the oficial server. We're a private server.

Hahahahah! well, im not complaining with Blood Lust and its effect is like the official one. If it heals 1/4 on official then whats the difference with this server? Yes we have a higher HP here but also our damage is also high which also compensates with the higher HP pool right? Anyway this skills (blood lust, shield spell etc.) are implemented because it promotes team participation in which I think Ragnarok based its game play foundation and not really focusing on a one man play game.

What the hell? Are you trying to indirectly quoting me or something like that? Because yeah I was the only one who quoted that, maybe because you've never got caught in that, and you don't mind dying along with your guild to a skill that is put by only ONE person.

So you're trying to state (now moving on to Shield Spell.) that for us to be able to kill one RG, we need another person? Do you even logic? I am a bit upset by reading this indeed, there has to be balance, between gear and skill, if we take one of those massive Royal Guards who have both defensive and offensive strategies/equipments, we won't be able to kill em that easily, or to kill them at all.

I was the one who asked myself for the Dragon Breath skill, I asked for a HUGE nerf that affects/weakens my class at that point only, so please, be willing to sacrifice a bit for the class you use, because I assume you use royal guard and you're just okay with healing 1/4 in SECONDS.

raphaelluigi, on 07 Feb 2016 - 11:35, said:snapback.png

What the hell? Are you trying to indirectly quoting me or something like that? Because yeah I was the only one who quoted that, maybe because you've never got caught in that, and you don't mind dying along with your guild to a skill that is put by only ONE person.

So you're trying to state (now moving on to Shield Spell.) that for us to be able to kill one RG, we need another person? Do you even logic? I am a bit upset by reading this indeed, there has to be balance, between gear and skill, if we take one of those massive Royal Guards who have both defensive and offensive strategies/equipments, we won't be able to kill em that easily, or to kill them at all.

I was the one who asked myself for the Dragon Breath skill, I asked for a HUGE nerf that affects/weakens my class at that point only, so please, be willing to sacrifice a bit for the class you use, because I assume you use royal guard and you're just okay with healing 1/4 in SECONDS.

Im ignoring this one, this guy is flaming LOL take it easy pls :)

Ok I see ur point Siss :)

Im ignoring this one, this guy is flaming LOL take it easy pls :)

Ok I see ur point Siss :)

It's not my fault if you can't quite tell me how I am wrong.

Also, im not flaming at all. Do you even know what that means?

OK relax guys! The question is, is the current effect of shield spell same with the effect from let's say 5-8 months ago? or last year? or was it change from the way it was before?

How about making it's cooldown longer? Maybe 30 Sec, 45, 1minute or up to 2 mins?

I'm not entirely sure on that, since I haven't been back for that long; but maybe before it wasn't known?

Giving it a cooldown could work yes, could be considered :0

Skills shouldn't be considered balanced years back, nor should you guys compare it too much with the past.

The official kRO servers are still balancing their own skills. Which means we're still releasing official skill updates, changes and balancings.

So it' still possible that skill behavior can change entirely.

I may do some smaller changes on the skill formula, but still. On official servers you can pretty much heal yourself back to 100% in seconds (also 1/4 hp per use). So compared to the official servers, it's currently "balanced"

Everade, with all due respect, you're not a pvp player. The skills may all look balanced in their formulas, but how they work in an actual battle, is diferent; plus, I simply cannot stress enough that we are not an official server. As even you said, They, can't even balance their own skills.

Healing a RG to full health in a couple of seconds cannot be considered balance, nor not OP.

If it was to be "balanced" like in the Oficial servers, other classes's Damage would have to be further increased, to match the RG's healing factor. As I've explained above, our battle damage is diferent from theirs. Sure, we deal way higher dmg, and have way higher HP, but in comparison, in the Oficials, with 1 Cross Impact from a decently geared GX, he can take 1/5 of a decently geared RG's HP. In Gro, a well geared GX cannot do that to a well geared RG.

I never said they can't balance their own skills.
I'm only trying to explain to you guys that there's still a lot of official skill changes coming up.

Yes we're a private server, and we do some customizations.

But the only reason we're doing any changes on skills is to keep the balance due our level cap, stats cap and other customizations which affect the balance of several skill formulas.

Most of the players always seem to have a tunnel vision.

Just because a skill looks unbalanced from a certain point of view, does not mean that it is.
You always have to see the whole picture, of how the official servers are trying to keep the balance.

Right now, i'm focusing on the beta test server.

It includes several skill updates & changes.

So trying to balance anything related to skills on the primary server wouldn't make much sense right now.

I know all of that Everade; perhaps my choice of words wasn't the best. I know they're still balancing their skills, that's what I meant to say.

Well, I don't belive my vision is tunneled in this matter, sure, they're trying to balance things, but the keyword here is 'trying'. Royal Guards are already a hard target, no matter how you look at it, they having the ability to regen 1/4 HP, having loads of HP, simply isn't balanced. I know they're trying to balance stuff, but we're not like those servers, and damage/HP is simply not the same; even making comparisons is hard since the servers are so diferent.

Also yes, the beta server is the main focus, thank you for your work on it~

I never said they can't balance their own skills.

I'm only trying to explain to you guys that there's still a lot of official skill changes coming up.

Yes we're a private server, and we do some customizations.

But the only reason we're doing any changes on skills is to keep the balance due our level cap, stats cap and other customizations which affect the balance of several skill formulas.

Most of the players always seem to have a tunnel vision.

Just because a skill looks unbalanced from a certain point of view, does not mean that it is.

You always have to see the whole picture, of how the official servers are trying to keep the balance.

Right now, i'm focusing on the beta test server.

It includes several skill updates & changes.

So trying to balance anything related to skills on the primary server wouldn't make much sense right now.

This make's it clear! Thank You So much GM Everade.

The best thing to do now, is to wait for the next updates. Feel free to report but at the same time, be patient in waiting for the updates from the GM Team. Let us remember that they are also working for other stuffs which has higher priority.

As a player who mainly uses Shield Spell to survive (btw, I'm a Shadow Chaser), the skill doesn't really heal 1/4 of HP per cast, it has chances; and it's not just 1/4, it heals on random, may it be 1/4, 1/5, 1/6 or even 1/8 of HP. The chances are slim and aren't that high enough to heal to full HP in just seconds. Although I would agree to have it nerf just a bit, like maybe increase the cooldown to 3 or 3.5 seconds since right now it has like 2 or 2.5 seconds.

Also, RG's aren't as tough as you thought it to be. I have known some players who can go head-on on some well-geared RGs.

There are tons of ways to counter them and their skill, just be wise enough. Some of the statements here are a bit over exaggerated.

Peace ya'll. :D