Sign in to follow this  
RK Neves

List Of Things That Need A Check.

For starters, I want a look to be given at the Shadow Chaser's bloodlust skill.

It is really bothersome that, in WoE, you get your SP totally drained, but that is something that well, happens with another type of ways, like using dark priests and such, so I am not saying this is incorrect or unfair.

The thing is, the bloodlust skill gives you a berserk effect, as I read it on ratemyserver, for 20 seconds only. When you use berserk, your SP is drained, once again, im cool with that.

But the main problem is that it disables Sp recovery, I tried doing a little bit of research, but found nothing.

Is this the way it is meant to be? Because if so, then there's nothing to be done.

If not, please Marc, take a look at this.

Beelzebub card.

It seems it is not working functionally, or actually not working at all!

It should remove -30% of your cast time, yet it does nothing, this was confirmed by several other players.

Ifrit Card.

Not sure if the Earthquake chance only applies to Thief class? I might have heard something like that before... but I am not sure.

Either way, it is not activating, (I used RK while testing.)

Another thing is the amount of atk it gives... it's kinda ridiculous, a bronzering adds +20, Ifrit adds +12.

But if I take a while to think about it, it might be balanced since it gives ATK, HIT? and CRIT.

Tiger Cannon.

Has the skill always removed an amount of SP when it hits a player? Also, the amount of SP taken is a bit overwhelming. With 3 Tiger Cannons (I believe) im out of SP.

Thanks for taking the time reading it.

For starters, I want a look to be given at the Shadow Chaser's bloodlust skill.

It is really bothersome that, in WoE, you get your SP totally drained, but that is something that well, happens with another type of ways, like using dark priests and such, so I am not saying this is incorrect or unfair.

The thing is, the bloodlust skill gives you a berserk effect, as I read it on ratemyserver, for 20 seconds only. When you use berserk, your SP is drained, once again, im cool with that.

But the main problem is that it disables Sp recovery, I tried doing a little bit of research, but found nothing.

Is this the way it is meant to be? Because if so, then there's nothing to be done.

Bloodlust is supposed to work like this when you use bersek your sp won't regen until you die, as sp recorvery is disabled.

Beelzebub/Berzebub Card only reduces Variable Casttime..

So it has no effect if that already reduced to 0.

"1 bonus bVariableCastrate,-30"

Indeed, bloodlust does throw you into Berzerk status, but only for as long as you're in it; as soon as you step off, the effect wears out, yet, no SP regen. I belive that really needs to be looked into.

As for Ifrit yes, perhaps it should indeed give a bit more, but considering it gives HIT and CRIT as well, I belive it's somehow balanced. Also, the Earthquake skill is only triggered by a very low chance, it may not happen during most duels, or it might trigger twice in the same duel.

Tiger Cannon takes 10% SP from the target, so, perhaps something else is taking your SP.

Indeed, bloodlust does throw you into Berzerk status, but only for as long as you're in it; as soon as you step off, the effect wears out, yet, no SP regen. I belive that really needs to be looked into.

Requires you to have a JobLV of at least 50. It triples your HP and replenishes them (to the now tripled maximum), doubles your Damage, increases your ASPD by 30%,

increases your movement speed (does not stack with other increase except Peco Peco), gives the Endure effect at no further cost but halves your Flee Rate and sets ALL DEF AND MDEF to 0 for the skill's duration.

It also drains 5% of your current HP every 15 seconds. You cannot chat (chat mute), change equips, use any healing items or receive any heals while this skill is in effect.

You do not regain HP and SP naturally for 5 minutes after the skill ends (you can be healed or use items though). The Skill cancels out if your HP drops to 100 or below. Can be used during Guild Siege. ratemyserver http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?sk_name=Frenzy&page=skill_db&sk_search=Search

I know the skill description.

Yet, the only effect of berzerk that stay when you leave the bloodlust, is the no SP regen, while others vanish. If you step out of it you'll be able to talk, your aspd, def, mdef, flee and dmg will be normalized, your HP will return to it's normal and you can change equips; the only thing that does stay is the no SP regen. Makes no sense, no matter how you look at it.

"Draw a red circle on the ground. Target who steps on it will receive the Frenzy status effect.
Must have a Paint Brush and consumes 2 Surface Paint"

Target who steps on it will receive the Frenzy status effect.

http://ratemyserver.net/skill_db.php?skid=2303&small=1&back=1

I hope this explains it all, you only have frenzy status when you're inside the bloodlust, when you go outside the effect is gone, or when bloodlust its gone, the hp/sp regen regain is cancelled is the same as when you use bersek and your hp reach 100, it will be disabled.

Hmmm, I see. Guess you do have a point.

Although it still makes the skill rather over powered, since most classes relay on SP; having a skill that takes it all, and doesn't allow regen, is way too much. Most players become sitting ducks, thanks to 1 skill. The fact it can also be used next to a man hole only makes it worst.

Also sure, there's ways around it, but not all can use such methods, specialy new players, or those that cannot obtain these ways.

So, either lower the no SP regen time to an amount that may be considered balanced, or make it not possible to put in the players feet; like chaos panic.

Beelzebub/Berzebub Card only reduces Variable Casttime..

So it has no effect if that already reduced to 0.

It's kinda impossible to already have it reduced to 0,if im not mistaken.

I don't have anything else that reduces Variable Cast Time.

And yes, I am AWARE it only reduces V.Cast Time.

Bloodlust works like official and it is balanced, i don't any problems with it, as it is supposed to be a skill for woe, to disable the enemy when they recall.

Official doesn't means balance though, as you may have noticed.

And I can't stress enough, that we are a private server, not an official one.

Also, just because you'r fine with it, means the skill is okay?
The skill is OP, no matter how you look at it. I won't say anymore, I've spoken my mind.

If you want to change anything then change berserk, which is the op thing about bloodlust, but then you want people who use berserk to regen sp while using it? that would be way too op and stupid, but hey, whatever keep complaining about something that is fine.

Just because you consider it alright, doesn't mean it is.

Also, I've already spoken my mind, if anyone else wants to add anything, please do, otherwise, our little monologues won't get us anywhere.

How about making some custom changes regarding Bloodlust? How would I say this, ahmm, since it's like berserk effect, how about making it less like the berserk effect, or somewhat a bit differ but without changing the skill berserk. Well, it's just a suggestion.! =)

I guess I'll have to comment on this.

First, I did asked this before when I first encountered it, and it did make it difficult to deal with SC's

But, when they said its Official, then I have to accept it.

so all do have their points, and yes from my POV it is rather OP. but it was said to be official.

But as you guys said, making it not allowed to be put under you should be considered as a solution, but if the official update says so, we cant do anything about it.

Bottom line, what makes it diffirent on our server is that, we CANNOT USE pots or berry on WOE and PVP hells box, hence making it difficult to adopt the official update for that bloodlust.

I believe it requires Changing it a bit, as a custom change.

Bottom line, what makes it diffirent on our server is that, we CANNOT USE pots or berry on WOE and PVP hells box, hence making it difficult to adopt the official update for that bloodlust.

I believe it requires Changing it a bit, as a custom change.

That's what I was thinking. Thanks for pointing it out. That what's makes this server unique in a Better Way! =)

Keos, just because it's official doesn't mean we can't do anything about it. Official features, don't mean they're set in stone xp

Also yes, good point, I keep overlooking the fact it's possible to use healing items in official servers WoE.

About Sis's complaint that the SP disable is still there even if you step outside the area of effect of Bloodlust is because it is 'Berzerk' effect. I know, it has been said, but let me explain further.

Berzerk (the skill on LK Card) effects (i.e. bonus ASPD, HP, damage etc. etc.) gets removed when your HP gets to 100 or you get Dispelled but the SP disable doesn't. No matter what you do it won't regen for 5 mins because it on the skill description. -- That's the Berzerk effect on LK Card.

On Bloodlust, the skill is just like LK Card for everyone who steps inside the AOE of it, thus stepping outside of it is like getting dispelled, removing the bonuses but not the SP disable because it still the Berzerk skill description that is applied.

It's prolly the same with an RG on "Sacrifice - Berzerk - hit* hit* hit* - then pub Dispel Please - and Pub again SP please", on Bloodlust, you don't need the Dispell since you get 'automatically' gets dispelled when you walk out of the AOE.

From that Point Gelo, I dont seem to recall an instance where I could regenerate SP after leaving Bloodlust area. But I think on a certain case like WL Sorce or other jobs with SP passive regeneration on SKILL tree , then SP would regen. but overall You cant just regenerate it.

and Siss, I totally agree on your note that its official and it doesn't mean we cant do anything about it, that's the point why we are talking here anyway, suggestion of a solution.

my solution would be either of which,

after leaving bloodlust just like Gelo said, makes it Able to regenerate sp, or just removing the 5 mins waiting time of after Berserk effect only if possible,

adding to this, making it not castable under the target like chaos panic, but if its not possible, the old effect of bloodlust is actually Provoke effect, but I doubt ppl would agree to revert it back to that.

From that Point Gelo, I dont seem to recall an instance where I could regenerate SP after leaving Bloodlust area. But I think on a certain case like WL Sorce or other jobs with SP passive regeneration on SKILL tree , then SP would regen. but overall You cant just regenerate it.

and Siss, I totally agree on your note that its official and it doesn't mean we cant do anything about it, that's the point why we are talking here anyway, suggestion of a solution.

my solution would be either of which,

after leaving bloodlust just like Gelo said, makes it Able to regenerate sp, or just removing the 5 mins waiting time of after Berserk effect only if possible,

adding to this, making it not castable under the target like chaos panic, but if its not possible, the old effect of bloodlust is actually Provoke effect, but I doubt ppl would agree to revert it back to that.

Keos: What I meant is that even after you leave Bloodlust, you won't regenerate SP since you had been affected by Berzerk skill and that by mentioned, when used Berzerk skill, you won't regenerate SP for 5 minutes even if you get dispelled. You'd only regenerate when the SP disable is up to it's duration. Except when you have a passive skill that increases SP regeneration like all magic classes has, not to mention there are equips that gives this passive skill. /gg

——————————

In terms of nerfing it, I would suggest to lessen the SP regeneration disable to just 2 minutes and reduce the cool down to 2 minutes (note that is has 5-minute cool down which parallels the SP disable duration). It would be useless if you reduce the SP regeneration disable and the cool down time stays the same.

Another thing, making it not being able to be place directly on the enemy's cell is removing it's main purpose just like how it is used on the official servers — to disable an incoming Emergency Call during WoE times.