Sign in to follow this  
HolyJin

Pile Bunker

Question

Does pile bunker work or there's a special thing needed for it to work? whenever i try to cast pile bunker it says "Please equipped with a pile bunker S" but then there's no information at all even in other servers about how to get pile bunker S/T/P.

12 answers to this question

You can buy Pile Bunker from the Weapon Dealer located at GRO station (talk to the Guide in Althea and select: Althea warps - GRO station). You have to select "Maces" and scroll down to the bottom to see Pile Bunker. If you need other weapons (e.g. Flame Thrower) check the other NPCs (Equipment Dealer -> Shields for the Flamethrower or -> Accessories for the Mechanic accessories...) at GRO station to get them.

On iRO, you have to complete a quest to obtain Pile Bunker (and ofc other stuff) but on GRO you will (usually) find equip/items that are needed for certain skills at the GRO station. Some of these were kinda squeezed in there and seem out of place but that's still better than the quest.

You are right, though. Newbies should have a guide of some sort that tells them stuff like this. I think I'll have to write an "Ultimate GRO Beginner's Guide for All Classes" after all.

You can buy Pile Bunker from the Weapon Dealer located at GRO station (talk to the Guide in Althea and select: Althea warps - GRO station). You have to select "Maces" and scroll down to the bottom to see Pile Bunker. If you need other weapons (e.g. Flame Thrower) check the other NPCs (Equipment Dealer -> Shields for the Flamethrower or -> Accessories for the Mechanic accessories...) at GRO station to get them.

On iRO, you have to complete a quest to obtain Pile Bunker (and ofc other stuff) but on GRO you will (usually) find equip/items that are needed for certain skills at the GRO station. Some of these were kinda squeezed in there and seem out of place but that's still better than the quest.

You are right, though. Newbies should have a guide of some sort that tells them stuff like this. I think I'll have to write an "Ultimate GRO Beginner's Guide for All Classes" after all.

I've already got pile bunker long ago after the transition from trans to 3rd job. the problem is the server is now standing in between 2013 client patch and 2015. Pile bunker S/T/P is from 2015 client patch so whatever research you do now you cannot get any of the 3 type of pile bunker. I'm even tempted to do the pile bunker quest but then its still the pile bunker you can buy in BM.

My bad. I thought you were new. I think the skill is not working properly then. Why would it require you to specifically wear Pile Bunker S now when it used to work with the normal Pile Bunker all along (the description didn't change). As to why these new weapons can't be obtained, I've figured out that there are many items that are currently obtainable on kRO (and their IDs are in rAthenas database) but their mobs/instances/quests are not scripted/working yet. So we have to wait for further updates.

This issue needs to be fixed though. A skill should never require a weapon that is not obtainable.

@@Everade: This issue should be tested on the test server of the upcoming update to check whether it's fixed there. Moreover, if you decide to fix this issue (because you find out it's the same on the test server) you could also change the "please equipped with a pile bunker" to "please equip a pile bunker". It hurts me to read the first one.

Pile Bunker S is still not available in this server. So for the mean time, Pile Bunker skill is unusable! =) Maybe by next updates it will be available. Pile Bunker S is different from Pile Bunker & Pile Bunker [1].

I'm not sure if the skill Pile Bunker really need's Pile Bunker S [1] or it's just an error.

I can tell you that this issue will be fixed with the upcoming client update as the Pile Bunker skill works flawlessly on the test server of the new client.

I can tell you that this issue will be fixed with the upcoming client update as the Pile Bunker skill works flawlessly on the test server of the new client.

your reply doesnt really help at all you know... it would be definitely obvious that it will be fixed in next patch since there are some adaptation from 2015 kRO patch on the upcoming patch. Please dont add unnecessary comments when it doesnt help anything.

Please dont add unnecessary comments when it doesnt help anything??? for real?? he can write anything he wants, u replyd like u wanna offend him. ure the one who shudnt reply bullshit like that.

tell me ure IGN omg acting all mighty

i need to know who u are in game

Dear Jin,

first read this post:

Pile Bunker S is still not available in this server. So for the mean time, Pile Bunker skill is unusable! =) Maybe by next updates it will be available. Pile Bunker S is different from Pile Bunker & Pile Bunker [1].

I'm not sure if the skill Pile Bunker really need's Pile Bunker S [1] or it's just an error.

then read mine:

I merely confirmed nikki's speculations about the skill being usable again with the next update that GRO will have. Moreover, I also thought these would be comforting news for you seeing how you started this topic and obviously want the skill to work. Everade can now decide if he wants to fix it right away, or just leave it as it will be fixed with the update.

P.S: No, it isn't obvious that skills which do not work as intended right now will be definitely fixed with the upcoming update. Example: FAW Silver Sniper / Magic Decoy still behave the same way on the updated server as they do on GRO right now (they don't work properly).

Please dont add unnecessary comments when it doesnt help anything??? for real?? he can write anything he wants, u replyd like u wanna offend him. ure the one who shudnt reply bullshit like that.

tell me ure IGN omg acting all mighty

i need to know who u are in game

Whoa whoa calm your tits bro lets keep the professionalism here. Things are getting way beyond the topic here. keep your barbarism to your own because this thread is to ask the GM TEAM about the topic at hand, not to ask the whole server about it since the GM TEAM are the ones who can PROBABLY access the server database. First and foremost i wont post a thread of asking if there's something needed to cast the skill in the first place because from what i remember and what is definitely correct requirements for it to work is having Pile Bunker equipped.

Dear Jin,

first read this post:

then read mine:

I merely confirmed nikki's speculations about the skill being usable again with the next update that GRO will have. Moreover, I also thought these would be comforting news for you seeing how you started this topic and obviously want the skill to work. Everade can now decide if he wants to fix it right away, or just leave it as it will be fixed with the update.

P.S: No, it isn't obvious that skills which do not work as intended right now will be definitely fixed with the upcoming update. Example: FAW Silver Sniper / Magic Decoy still behave the same way on the updated server as they do on GRO right now (they don't work properly).

Well the skill after the transition from trans to 3rd job works fine but then now that the 3 new types of pile bunkers has been added something must have triggered something in the skill database for it to look for the 3 types instead of 4. This is a really really wierd bug since i've tested a local server and its working fine without using pile bunker S/T/P so before i started this thread i've already researched and looked at the original scripting. If you're claiming that its fixed that it should be and obviously will be since i believe there are some servers that pile bunker doesnt work also and have posted about it in rathena then i would gladly wait for it then.

I have to close this post because this topic is getting out of hand.

Also the pile bunker issue is now solved. I have tested it myself and it works fine. Just wait for the incoming update that will soon be released.

HolyJin has been warned, please read our forum rules.

It's also very "unprofessional" as you may call it ~ to offend one of few people who actually has access to the closed beta and tested the skill just for you.

There's also no need to quote each and every post if you're the one answering right after it.