Sign in to follow this  
Hersheys

Make Comet Fire Property

It's forced neutral like Asura but the animation and the burning after-effect suggests that it should be fire property. A Comet skill that looks similar to Metor Storm/Crimson Rock/Hell Inferno in effects but isn't fire property? Let's make it fire property. It'll be fun! Besides it's not like you can spam it even with Release and it has a long cooldown and after the update, it now has a longer cast time even with DEX and INT adding up to 530.

Well, comet is hella strong sometimes, I've gotta admit... but all you need is the proper defense, being neutral as it is, it couldn't be easier to reduce it's damage. Altho making it a fire property skill would perhaps endanger a bit some people in pvp/WoE, they would switch to a fire armor, being vulnerable to other warlock spells, it doesn't seem like it, but having damage dealt while you're wearing an element while being hit by the element that is stronger against the one you're wearing, it increases damage by a damn good value, also, like, the fire pots, they would be a great thing, plus, I doubt Everade would want to change it, since there's no need for it, just like it is official as neutral (If im not mistaken.)

Casting time is suppose to be slower now that renewal has Fixed Cast time for most of the skills. Nyd Card and Sacra (from priest) can lessen your fixed cast time.

In addition to what I said on the other post. Warlocks can use Variable Cast time reductions and Fixed Cast time reductions to have an instant cast.

It has a 3 second fixed cast time even with max INT/DEX and Berzebub cards and will have a 1.5 second cast time with Nyd. You can't have a priest accompany you all the time for Sacra.

It's just that it gives a burning effect and it literally rains down balls of fire like Meteor storm but it's neutral. It's only an element change and also so that those that already wear reducs against Sac won't get another benefit from the anti-neutral equips. RGs with prestige and also wearing a GTB won't get hit half of the time anyways and wearing Maya is an easy counter for Comet or simply hitting the caster since the fixed cast time is more implemented now and all spells can be interrupted during WoE

Yes, I know most of the skills have cast time. I know you won't have a priest all time but isn't there any other skills you can use? If you are in woe you can always be supported by your fellow guildmates. You don't go to woe alone since its a team effort. Don't rely on one skill only

Try to use other skills while others are in cool down. If you really want to be able to hit people with GTB just use GRB. Also you can ask for a Devo from RG's on your guild to be able to withstand some of the attacks.

Yea I just meant even if Comet were to be turned into fire property it would still be easy to counter since it has a longer cast-time now and it can't be spammed with it's cooldown. I just also feel like it would be more appropriate for something that rains fire and gives a burning effect to be fire property.

The only thing I can think of that would give a burning status would be Hell Inferno for warlock. If you really want that burning effect and rely on it so much then try RK class and use Dragon Breath. Otherwise, just try to make the most out of all the warlock skills while waiting for cool downs.

I use other Warlock skills too like Crimson Rock and Earth Strain and the usual Soul Expansion spam but I just love Comet :D

Making it Fire Property from being Neutral wouldn't make it OP with the cooldown and the cast time

We try to stay as official as possible and only adjust the formulas to keep the balance.
So no we won't change it to fire property.

And if a real comet would fall on your head, i would say it's death by Kinetic Energy = Neutral :P