Sign in to follow this  
Hersheys

Damage Formula For Balanced/changed Skills?

Question

I heard some skills were nerfed and some skills changed. I'm not sure which ones but based on those that you know were changed, could we be provided the damage formulas for those skills that were changed or balanced? That way we can maximize it's damage based on the server's formula because relying on irowiki or ratemyserver for those damage formulas won't be accurate anymore. For example, Dragon's Breath or Crushing Strike or Asura Strike (SP cap changed?).

12 answers to this question

Posting each and every damage formula would take quite a lot of time.

Especially since i work solely directly inside the source code.

And in the source code it's not just showing me the simple calculation version from irowiki which i can change just like that.

But i can assure you that we always try to keep the base formula itself.
Due the reason of your topic ^^

I understand it would so let's not have all of it. Just the ones that have have many factors in one formula and are very commonly used. We won't need formulas that simply rely on purely MATK or ATK. How about we make this a formula request thread? How about we start with Dragon's Breath since the irowiki and ratemyserver formulas for those aren't the same as this server's. They would be massively OP if they were. That way RKs will know how to properly maximize it's damage if snippets of the formula were changed to nerf it's damage. Could we start with that?

Usually our formula is similar to what you can find on the internet but with adjusted values due to our increased HP/SP and blvl/jlvl values which are way above official ones. E.g. if it says HP/50 and SP/4 it might be something like HP/400 and SP/16 (just an example). So it won't really help you to see the adjusted formula as the only thing you need to know is that it is HP / SP dependent (and if you check the formula on irowiki it also mentions damage modifiers like racial, elemental.. which holds true for our server as well).

P.S: If you want maximum Dragon Breath damage you need high (current) HP and SP as well as a weapon with high % modifier values. This can be achieved by equipping upgraded Vellum or Glorious weapons (+9/10 or higher). You can also use Magnum Break prior to DB to increae its damage by 20%.

I didn't mean to sound demanding or anything but another example would be the Asura strike formula. Using irowiki or ratemyserver formula for damage doesn't come out the same in the server either with an ATK or SP build or a mix of both. I tested it and none of those 2 formulas coincided with the server's damage. With the update, I don't even know what the SP cap is for it's damage. Googled it and ended up with 60k from rathena boards while some sources points to the official 6k and in-game people say it's 50k. Tested all kinds of SP ranges and it seems like the SP cap is more than 60k. But it seems that the server has a different formula for the damage so you can't be sure if you're maximizing it or not because it's formula isn't following irowiki's or ratemyserver.

And another example with a formula with lots of factors would be Crushing Strike. It was changed for the server but we don't know which part of the formula was changed to reduce its damage. We won't know if weight or ATK is a bigger factor so maximizing it's damage would be guess work. Just an example. But it's not following irowiki or ratemyserver formula either.

Yeah, I can follow you.

Asura might have undergone some major changes so I am not too sure what its formula looks like now but last time I checked Crush Strike behaved exactly the same way as it does on official (the formula appears to be the same). The most important aspect is the upgrad level of the weapon. Again, racial modifiers (+95% dmg on g.spear, for example) will also have a huge impact on the damage.

P.S: If you want maximum Dragon Breath damage you need high (current) HP and SP as well as a weapon with high % modifier values. This can be achieved by equipping upgraded Vellum or Glorious weapons (+9/10 or higher). You can also use Magnum Break prior to DB to increae its damage by 20%.

I was under the presumption that Magnum Break's 20% bonus fire damage only applied to normal attacks? Iirc from what I read somewhere.

Actually it is quite confusing, like for other references, they will describe magnum break as "a skill that adds 20% fire property damage to all attacks for 10 seconds" - Not necessarily weapon will be endowed with fire property but an attack or skill gains bonus 20% damage modifier that is of a fire property. By normal attacks, I have also seen that description which makes me think what exactly this category of normal attack really is. Anyway it would be nice if there will be an update of the damage formula post like the one created by BeastBoy in order to provide answers for the general public.

^ Yeah. I have no doubt about the endow portion. Your weapon element does not change, only the addition 20% fire damage.

iRO wiki's note on MB:

It is a common misconception that this skill endows weapons with the Fire property during its 10-second buff. In actuality, this skill adds damage: an additional 20% damage that is of Fire property is gained on top of all normal attacks for ten seconds (It means if the user has Neutral property attack for example, only this portion of bonus will be affect by the entity's property).

Though this is far from the original topic. XD

Haha yeah, but again it would be nice if there will be an update of the damage formula post of BeastBoy in order to satisfy the curiosity of the players. Let's just wait for further updates, it will come :)

Yeah but not all skills. Just those that have a couple of factors in the formula.

Well, Rayleigh this is the irowiki formula for Crushing Strike (although we use kRO)

[{Weapon_Lv × (Weapon_Upgrade + 6) × 100} + (Weapon_ATK) + (Weapon_Weight)]%

Using a +10 Giant Lance, without calculating the WeaponATK would already give 8400% ATK. That's much bigger than Comet's MATK multiplier. It doesn't follow that irowiki formula.

[{4 × (16) × 100} + (Weapon_ATK) + (2000)]%

*WeaponATK = ( BaseWeaponATK + Variance + STRBonus + RefinementBonus ) × SizePenalty*

for me More SP more Damage on asura. but if you want more asura damage, invest a lot on how you can maximize your SP range.