Sign in to follow this  
SimpsonsFan82

Tiny Text With New Client

Question

Hello,

Regardless of which resolution I'm playing at, all of the text, menus, and npcs in the game are now tiny with the new client. This seems to be a display issue which might result from a combination of things. I'm on Windows 10, and 1920 x 1080 is my native resolution. I've tried messing around with GPU scaling, but that isn't working either. I might try messing around with running the game in compatibility mode later. But I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem, or hopefully able to provide a solution. Thanks.

8 answers to this question

On a 4k screen i also have to set the game resolution to fullHD (1920x1080) and set it to fullscreen mode.

So my guess is that your native resolution is actually higher than fullHD.

Reminds me of a similar problem that I had on my tablet. I am not sure if the text was too small or too big though. Right clicking the .exe file of the game in question (gro.exe, in this case) and then properties -> Compatibility -> disable display scaling on high DPI settings solved the issue for me. Might do the trick for you as well but if it has something to do with Windows 10 it might be a more challenging problem. Also it might have the oppisite effect of what you want but as you said: try messing with compatibility and see if it works :D.

Thanks for the reply. I tried doing as you said and messed around with compatibility mode for a bit. Unfortunately it didn't change anything, so I'm back to square one again. I'm not sure what else I can do, as I've fiddled around with any setting that I could think was relevant and the problem persists. So if anyone has any more possible solutions they think I should try, lemme know. Much appreciated.

Could you please show us a screenshot ?
Because compared to other servers our font is a little bit smaller on purpose.

Unfortunately everything looks normal in any sort of screenshot I could take. So I can't show you what it looks like when I'm running the game. Anyway, I'd still appreciate any solutions people might have. The best I've been able to do for now is running setup.exe as administrator and setting the resolution to 1024 x 768 and running the game fullscreen. It looks ridiculous on a 24" monitor in 2016 that's native resolution is 1920 x 1080, but I guess it's better than nothing. Thanks again.