RK Neves

Amazing Sorcerer Capabilities.

Once more, I am here to notify the community, even though I might regret it since there's always the black sheep who like to abuse things they shouldn't, of the mighty Sorcerer's CURRENT (16/04/2016) Power.

Yesterday in PvP, not only I was attacked by a Sorcerer, whom I killed, luckily because he didn't resort to his magnificent unbalanced status skills, but I was also aware that Sorcerers, can now make your STR completely worthless by using their so renowned skill: Vaccuum Extreme.

In the past, those who had a certain amount of BASE STR, wouldn't be affected by the Vaccuum skill, of course, that is different, you could have 200 STR + 2 Megs, that you'd still remain in the same place.

"Well duh, just use Phantom Spear or Back sliding!" Explendid Idea, theory is beautiful, reality is not.

Even if you do that, the effect will remain in you. I'll release this question: Is this not OP?

I was also mesmerized to see crystallized effect on, ok, that's legit, it's valid, but not being able to "wake up" of it, or being able to escape, EVEN when people combo it with vaccuum, making the fight pretty much over.

So, for the sake of all of us, change this Marc, there has to be a way of doing something. Either reducing these effects, or at least enabling immunity for high STR users like before.

Thank you for your time,

Neves.

Is this a bug on Vacuum Extreme? 'Coz I think I've seen RGs/RKs pass through mine. I need to check again since the duration is short, I might've missed it. If this is true, then I agree it should be changed.
As for the Crystallization, there's a discussion in the bug tracker about that status effect.

I am fully aware that this problem has already been adressed, but not solved.

I am here to notify everyone of how serious this is.

Dear Neves,

a balance update is already in development and will be implemented soon. Please bear with the current state a little longer until we are ready to release the update.

I still hold unto the belief that RGs are the most OP class and little balancing have been made while other classes received a huge nerf like the recent RK nerf, Rebellion/GS nerf, Genetic nerf etc.

yep, sadly /sob

There was a Sura nerf?

My sorc vaccum alot in woe, still they can bypass it especially RG & RK.

Tiger cannon is not official at all, the skill recieved official bug fixes and balancings from our side.

Rebellions/GS were not intentionally nerfed, we were simply forced to remove some customizations due the fact that the class recieved huge updates or was entirely new as of rebellion itself.

So rebellion/gs is not balanced at the current state.

It was a really big update and we did our best to include an initial balancing patch along with it.

We're now working on the next balancings based on actual player feedback, to deliver a better pvp experience.

The initial balancing wasn't expected to be perfect, as a few beta testers are somply not able to deliver enough feedback on balancing matters.

So this time around we got feedback from the final player base, so please be patient, give us as much feedback as possible and we will make the magic. /ok

Dear Neves,

a balance update is already in development and will be implemented soon. Please bear with the current state a little longer until we are ready to release the update.

That's a relief, we weren't noticed tho, so that justifies my topic, but thanks GM Rayleigh.

In general to everyone, as far as I remember, RG was the class who got the most nerfs on it's skills. Like Rage Burst, Inspiration, Shield Spell and King's Grace, and that's pretty ok, I don't fear Royal Guards whom I can hold, like I did in this WoE, easily, no sweating, what I do fear is being stuck and crystallized round after round without being able to heal or attack.

Quoting what I said in the bug tracker about this:

Level 1 duration is 12 seconds at 10% chance of affecting. At level 5 it's 30%. Cooldown of 5 seconds. Duration reducible by VIT. I believe the skill was not touched and it has always been like this even pre-patch.

+ the fact that GRB has a chance of not piercing through GRB.

Also:

• Warmer removes this ailment.
  • Target VIT.
  • Every single Fire Element attack.
  • Lauda Agnus removes this ailment.

In WoE as long as your Sorcs and ABs are doing their job right, I don't think it's a problem at all.
1v1 PVP sure it'll be more troublesome like some other skills are.

As for Vacuum Extreme, I just tested with my Whitesmith, with 200+7 STR.

It's not getting stuck at all no matter how many times I try. So I can confirm it does not render your STR useless.

And even though Rangers and Mages might get stuck on it, it lasts only for 2 seconds.

Tiger cannon is not official at all, the skill recieved official bug fixes and balancings from our side.

My bad. I meant it was back to its official behaviour. E.g: HP Cost. :)

A fully WoE dedicated server never entirely survives. Since PvP is a bit poor how it is, that's how gRO has it's peaks during WoE time, although that is common in most servers, nevertheless:

I tested Vaccuum AGAIN with my Rune Knight, he has: 200 + 25 STR, yet I get trapped for 6 seconds in every vaccuum, not even mentioning that I can use two more skills, and still renew the vaccuum, about the Crystallized, yeah, it lasts ten seconds.

Ten seconds of not being able to do anything.

I enjoy my pvp was much as my WoE, but I gets really unplesant when one of them isn't enjoyable at all.

Tested GRB and GTB aswell, it pretty much pierces all the time. And like I stated before, you have time to put endless vaccuums.

And a server that tries to balance everything because of PVP never does too in my experience. PVP is a hard thing to to balance entirely, we must learn to accept that there are skills that are strong and weak. Making something weak will make room to something that will be strong, the chain will continue (League of Legens, ahem). I do not condemn PVP and its enthusiasts, it's just that the majority enjoys WoE more.
Crystalization might last 10 seconds give and take depending on resistances. Reducing the duration? Maybe. As long as it does not lose its original design and purpose.

Are you sure you are getting stuck? I tested it with my AB (lower STR) and Whitesmith. My AB gets stuck with it and it shows on the debuff icon of the status however my Whitesmith doesn't get it at all and just breezes through, no debuff icon even if I spam endless Vacuums.

I haad countless times to witness GRB - GTB interaction during WoE, this past few days and a few years ago before I went to hiatus. With its 5 sec cd, 30% chance. There are a lot more times that I wished that status triggered than it actually did. Luck is a skill too and unfortunately I suck at that.

I am 100% sure, I even have ChAOs Panatic or Panic to back up what I said. I tested Vaccuum with him, and he even got a higher duration than 6 seconds.

And it's not just "a little issue", it's being Completely unprotected.

If you leave things as they are, the future is easily predictable:

Either most people abuse it on WoE and luck is on the side of the one who gets the enemy first, OR, people just stop going to WoE and PvP, although the WoE factor is highly improbable, but even so, GatheringRO is highly dependant on Player Vs Player fun, if that is unbalanced, no one is going to be happy...

Also, GatheringRO, back in the days I started playing, was pretty much flawless when it came down to skill balancing and fairness.

TL;DR - Crystallization has counter play. Vacuum Extreme does not hold my high STR Whitesmith.

I've said all I want to say about Vacuum Extreme and Crystallization so I'll leave it at that.

Edit: I just realized that the AoE of the Vacuum when I was testing was small, I might have used level 1 all the time, which is dumb of me >.> I'll check it again later.

I'll just give my opinion about PvP - I still stand to my belief that it will never be a fair ground. Ragnarok has different jobs for different purposes, they were intended to be used in conjunction with one another. Even RWC held team matches all these years.
My point is - certain jobs will have the upper hand against others in a 1v1 scenario especially the offensive classes. An AB has no business dueling with an RG, a Mechanic will surely struggle versus a Sura, a Wanderer... Let's not talk about it. But these disadvantages are mitigated and overcome in team battles with the support of other jobs. PvP is fun, but I don't think we should make changes based solely on it. Just my two cents.

Alright Alright, but about the class part, I think it's not entirely correct, I think Ragnarok made classes to battle each other pretty well, A Rune Knight can defeat a Sura using Death Bound, but I have tied with Suras that made me waste my SP while they ran and healed. As you see, it all fits, an Archbishop might not be able to defeat a Royal Guard, but I can also guarantee from what I've seen, that killing an AB with most 'physical' classes is really hard.

Mechanic has neutral barrier, which is a bonus against many classes, etc etc

I agree with you that they are made so that they can stand their ground against other classes, it's just that others will have clear advantages over another.

I am dumb. I was using lvl 1 Extreme Vacuum all along. th_wah.gif Goddamn skill reset. HAHA. Will test it again so I can give proper feedback.

I would also like to confirm Neves' statement that even if you backslide or anything that would make you escape from the vacuum's AOE, the effect/icon is still there which is pretty OP since you can overlay the effect by casting it again.

This is the same with Geneticist's Thorn Trap and most of Ranger's trap. I don't know if this is official or what but at least Geneticist's Thorn Trap and Ranger's trap can't be place directly in a player's cell and/or not AOE and can't be overlayed by casting it again.