Yumii

'page Is Not Secure' - Can't Access Gatheringro Browser

Question

Hi!

I'm having some trouble connecting to the GatheringRO Browser on a OS MacBook Air. I've allowed the pop-up and my google chrome is up to date. The pop-up browser comes up, and I have no trouble logging in but for some reason after a few seconds it says 'Failed to connect to server'? Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this problem?

Note: If I check the security overview it says "This page is not secure".

Please help! /thx

16 answers to this question

Please note that a University might have noticed the high amount of traffic and with that may have blocked groBrowser entirely.

That's actually quite common in Universities, that they monitor the internet usage and handle accordingly.

I suggest that you try it using a different internet connection first, so you can see if that might be the issue.

@demon I'm at university so it's definitely not an Internet issue. And the server was up when I tried to log in :(

did you try using different browser than chrome? if not, try to use a different one and let see from there.

or check your chrome privacy settings? maybe your answer is there :)

@demon I'm at university so it's definitely not an Internet issue. And the server was up when I tried to log in :(

It's most likely blocked at your university. Lol

Try at home on your own computer, it should work with out problems. :lol:

I realized that the uni had actually blocked gro browser.. and it works perfectly fine at home. Thanks everyone! (although it sucks i can't log in at uni D:)

I realized that the uni had actually blocked gro browser.. and it works perfectly fine at home. Thanks everyone! (although it sucks i can't log in at uni D:)

Try copying your GatheringRO folder to a USB flash drive then try it at uni. :lol:

That's not going to work as the network port range is being blocked.
Because it's Yumii's private macbook.

If you've got 3 or 4g unlimited data on your smartphone, you could make a hotspot with it, and then connect your macbook with the hotspot wlan instead.

That's not going to work as the network port range is being blocked.

Because it's Yumii's private macbook.

If you've got 3 or 4g unlimited data on your smartphone, you could make a hotspot with it, and then connect your macbook with the hotspot wlan instead.

That sounds like a pretty good idea, thanks Marc /thx

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.