Sign in to follow this  
WhiteVixen

Goldring Boss: Tarot Card?

This is a bit of column A and B with a dash of C thrown in here. We'll start with Feedback:

I like that this boss is difficult to take on alone, no RG SacOHKO, Ranger rapid fire skill spamming, and of course (while I love GCross) no melting with double daggers. However I noticed something earlier today that got me curious: Wanderer (Or the class the can use Tarot Card) was porting around and trying to find it as well, thought nothing of it as I wailed on it with my GCross. Suddenly: Goldring Boss was almost one shot after they drew Tower or something and I took a step back and went 'Wait, huh?' It healed itself because it was below 2K HP My friend was porting about as well, and then he witnessed it as well but she drew Devil/Tower again and killed it because it had less than 4k hp. Dunno what to think about that because that's almost like getting robbed by an RG when you almost did half the work on an MVP. Sure, it would've healed itself but I'm sure that there's ways for better equipped players to get around it.

Suggestions? I understand that as read, the cards do fixed damage so nothing you could really do there except make Tarot Card NOT work on MVP's which would actually be crippling a class so I don't suggest that. I dunno really WHAT to suggest to be honest, save on my end: Make a wanderer and do the same thing they did when he respawns. Maybe rebalance Goldring unless I'm missing something other than he's typed as Plant which they only take 1 damage and I'm aware of that.

Now for C which is just general questions: So Goldring Boss, other than Tarot Card, are there viable ways to deal more damage to it? If so, I'll make a follow up to the response. Are there plans to make any changes to Goldring Boss in the future? Type Changes, HP Changes, etc? And lastly is: Is this working as intended. If it is, then cool stuff, no complaints if it is or isn't really. Just observing and that surprised me cause I've seen most classes do just 1 damage, seeing 4444 damage on it was startling because that basically made the fight a 'no-contest' unless I happened to keep beating the player to the punch. What will be will be in all honesty, I didn't get the kill. No big deal, there's other chances. And I hope that these observations were helpful, PVP or PVE wise I don't think Tarot needs to change (I don't PvP anyway, but that's personal preference :P ), but if that's not how Goldring Boss is supposed to work then I'm sorry to the Wanderers in advance if this spoils Tarot Card on this MVP!

Best regards all around,

WhiteVixen

EDIT: I fixed my problems with HP totals, was my mistake but I was trying to get things down before they left me so I put that first part together a little hasty!

Bleeding or Burning may work. But yea it's been long known that Tarot is one of the best ways to kill GRB.

Yeahp, I have seen some rangers that uses burning and bleeding against GRB. Maybe you can try to add some CC and status also. Although I enjoy hunting GRB with minstrel back in the old days, the thrill to inflict those cards against a boss :)

Alright, so it just takes some careful equipping to do so. I also thought of something overnight: Weeder Knife would also be fantastic against it as it's Plant Race which it would pierce the defense and allow DD Sins to mow it down quickly. Course that also opens up Rogue classes to nailing it too so that's just a long quest that one has to complete! Then again, what items aren't long quests here in Ragnarok/gRO? :P

Thanks for the polite responses all, maybe if Tarot has turned into the best way to take it out then perhaps GRB needs just a little more HP to make it competitive again? That or I just make a Wanderer myself so I can compete, but I just love GCross too much. /heh