Sign in to follow this  
kirito

Galapagos Hedgear

idk if im the only one who feels thisway but the hedgear galapagos from cash shop needs urgend reduce in its effect.

idk if im the only one who feels thisway but the hedgear galapagos from cash shop needs urgend reduce in its effect.

idk if im the only one who feels thisway, but I feel like some classes/skills needs urgend reduce in its effects :) *

But it's super easy to counter as it is. You have Errende card for Pneuma. Anyone can wear this and that immediately solves the problem. If you're an Archbishop or a Sura, you also have Pneuma and will be able to kill a Ranger very easily. If you're an RG you have Defender and massive HP. Warlocks have White Imprison to protect themselves,,, plus you can Soul Expansion most Rangers to death very quckly since Rangers usually have low HP. Mechanics have Neutral Barrier. Sorcerers have Wall of Fog. Shadow Chasers can use Masquerade (which you can never be immune from) to take away your falcon. Oboro/Kagerous have Flip Tatami. The Ranger in question uses Berserk and you're a GX? Cloaking+Grimtooth and it's all over for the Ranger. You're not a GX and the Ranger went Berserk? Well if you have a SinX card then you're all set. Just Cloak+whatever damage skill repeatedly.

All of these mentioned and you can still wear an Amon card for additional protection. Amon and Errende cards are cheap and paired with the classes above,, most Rangers won't stand a chance. There's waaay too many anti-range attack counters as it is.

Essentially these classes can easily counter Auto-Blitz Beat naturally (without needing to wear specific anti-range equips or being an anti-blitz beat build):

Archbishops

Suras

Sorcerers

Mechanics

Oboro/Kagerous

Royal Guards

Warlocks

Shadow Chasers

The other remaining classes can easily rely on Errende card. The ones above can still even use Errende. Add Amon to that and yea you see my point lol

PLUUSSS Unlimit skill or White Wing Set does not increase Auto-Blitz Beat damage. It's forced Neutral too so there's lots of reducs for that. And Warg Strike build Rangers have been dealing you bigger damage for years before Galapago hat became available.

Lastly, Galapagos Hat is only obtainable through donating. Not everyone can do that.

idk if im the only one who feels thisway, but I feel like some classes/skills needs urgend reduce in its effects :) *

+1

idk why but i love how i see the server is using all Jobs right now unlike before. "it's force neutral" and it's easily can be countered. I don't have a problem on it i can survived it. except if i encounter a guild of legolas. Just saying. IMO tho.

its unfair to have a hedgear for only 1 job. if galapagos helps rangers other classes shud also get such a hedgear

its unfair to have a hedgear for only 1 job. if galapagos helps rangers other classes shud also get such a hedgear

its an official headgear babe.

'its unfair to have a hedgear for only 1 job. if galapagos helps rangers other classes shud also get such a hedgear '

@Kirito

Yea some classes already have that. There's Pimp/Lux Hat for Priests and Skeg Hat for Wizard/Sages and Lord of Death Helm for Breaker GXs and Hopping Filir for pure potion-pitcher Genetics. Then there's BVH/DLH/Prism/GDH/LKH for the more versatile builds.

The Galapago hat is boosting BlitzBeat damage from 14k to 70k. That's x5 damage or 400% damage increase.

Here is the item Script :

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Item 5967: Flying Galapago:

ITEM SCRIPT: bSkillAtk,"HT_BLITZBEAT",getskilllv("HT_STEELCROW")*40;

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It seems that the script is incorrect. It should be "4" and not "40".

It is correct. It boosts blitz beat by 40% but it also gets multipled by however high your Steel Crow level is.

It is correct. It boosts blitz beat by 40% but it also gets multipled by however high your Steel Crow level is.

This is assuming Steel crow is maxed:

1) Steel Crow Lvl 10 * 40 = 400%

2) Steel Crow Lvl 10 * 4 = 40%

Now tell me, which of the 2 is correct?

Based off the script, the first one. It multiplies your Steel Crow level by the 40% boost.

That 70K (the sum of total bundled falcon hits) figure you gave though is huge. I don't even deal that big auto-blitz damage. The ranger that inflicted you that amount of auto-blitz beat damage definitely would have needed DEX and INT at 200 to deal that much; and would need 150 LUK to make the auto-blitz to be 50% chance of auto-casting. A build like that would need all the rest to go to AGI to even reach 193 ASPD. Maybe some Doppels to help ASPD. For one thing, that leaves extremely little for VIT. Even if that Ranger had a Tao on,,, his/her HP would probably still be around 520K. That Ranger is a few Soul Expansions or Dragon's Breathe away from being dead. Doesn't seem very OP now. Not to mention that pure auto-blitz build Ranger does very low bow damage and Masquerade will immediately trump it. XD

If anything the Galapago Hat isn't even fully functional. Here's it's other effects:

(What actually attracted me to originally it was the CRIT damage boost,,, which doesn't work. it's not scripted in XD)

Auto spell Blizz Beat when attacking, depend on learned skill of Blizz Beat. - Does not work based off script

Every base LUK increase the chance of Blizz Beat. - Does not work based off script (by default LUK already increases auto-blitz anyways)

If equipped with Galapago Card, increase Apple juice, Banana juice and Carrot Juice's healing amount by 1000%. - Does not work based off script

If equipped with Gryphon Card, ASPD +3%, ASPD +1, ATK -5%. - Does not work based off script

If equipped with Bow and refine value is +9 ASPD +1. - Does not work based off script

If equipped with Condor Card, reduces damage taken from all properties attack by 5%. - Does not work based off script

If equipped with Cendrawasih Card, INT +1, Critical damage +5%. if equipped by archer class critical damage +15%. - Does not work based off script

If equipped with Claw of Torikari, reduces damage of Blizz Beat damage by 200%. - Does not work based off script

Based off the script, the first one. It multiplies your Steel Crow level by the 40% boost.

That 70K (the sum of total bundled falcon hits) figure you gave though is huge. I don't even deal that big auto-blitz damage. The ranger that inflicted you that amount of auto-blitz beat damage definitely would have needed DEX and INT at 200 to deal that much; and would need 150 LUK to make the auto-blitz to be 50% chance of auto-casting. A build like that would need all the rest to go to AGI to even reach 193 ASPD and I'm not even sure if that's enough. If it isn't enough to reach 193 ASPD then either LUK or INT would need to be reduced some more. Maybe some Doppels to help ASPD. For one thing, that leaves extremely little for VIT. Even if that Ranger had a Tao on,,, his/her HP would probably still be around 300K. That Ranger is two Soul Expansions or Dragon's Breathe away from being dead. Doesn't seem very OP now. Not to mention that pure auto-blitz build Ranger does very low bow damage and Masquerade will immediately trump it. XD

LEFT: NO Galapago Hat

RIGHT: Galapago Hat equipped

13615178_1224296380948800_81015052444434

14,560 x +40% damage = 20,384 <-- This is what the correct damage should be.

14,560 x +400% = 72,800

So, are you still telling me that it is adding the correct damage?

Just basing off the script yes, that's exactly what it does,,, multiplying the Steel Crow level by 40,, although it's not properly worded in the item description.

bSkillAtk,"HT_BLITZBEAT",getskilllv("HT_STEELCROW")*40

If Steel Crow is level 10 then:

bSkillAtk,"HT_BLITZBEAT",getskilllv("10")*40

that's 400.

The damage may seem massive at first glance but you have to realize that to reach that level of damage you'll have to sacrifice a lot of stats for it. Generally speaking, auto-blitz builds have very low normal bow attack damage and only excel in auto-blitz. Pair that with low VIT with such a build and it's not OP.

Just basing off the script yes, that's exactly what it does,,, multiplying the Steel Crow level by 40,, although it's not properly worded in the item description.

bSkillAtk,"HT_BLITZBEAT",getskilllv("HT_STEELCROW")*40

If Steel Crow is level 10 then:

bSkillAtk,"HT_BLITZBEAT",getskilllv("10")*40

that's 400.

The damage may seem massive at first glance but you have to realize that to reach that level of damage you'll have to sacrifice a lot of stats for it. Generally speaking, auto-blitz builds have very low normal bow attack damage and only excel in auto-blitz. Pair that with low VIT with such a build and it's not OP.

This is what it says in the item description:

If Steel Crow is learned, increase BlitzBeat damage by 40%.

So if a Ranger has Steel Crow at level 10, there will be a +40% damage increase for BlitzBeat.

However, the item script is giving +400% at level 10 Steel Crow.

The item script should have a "4" instead of a "40".

If you were to base it off by just the item description then even then it's vague. It never mentions what level of Steel Crow. The above statement is true for level 1 Steel Crow though.

If you were to base it off by just the item description then even then it's vague. It never mentions what level of Steel Crow. The above statement is true for level 1 Steel Crow though.

By "learned", I'm guessing it means "at Level 10". (When considering the item script with "4" as the multiplier.)

Also, It doesn't say "for every level of steel crow, increase BlitzBeat damage by 40%.

Though it might be good since once again the long range ballistic is one formidable strategy to stun lock opponents, I think that the damage is still pretty big if it is doing 10~15k(per hit x 5) for a mediocre ranger. I know it's nice again to be able to use Rangers with auto-attack since before, they really don't do much aside from putting traps, a 2~3k blitz beat is really low and kinda sad.

A full battle blitz ranger can deal 20k per hit, which is around 100k per auto skill. With reduce such as woe suit+devi, damage is down to 6~8k(per hit x5=32-40), per autoskill. Though its true their HP might be around 200~300k and with tao 400~600k, truly they are still dangerous if they wield status type of weapon especially the SP drain types.

I think the Galapago is really a nice boost for rangers since it can bring back the old auto-attack type and it is not racial damage base which allows them to go for status type of weapons. Making it force neutral is one way to counter it or have pneuma/kyrie eli or auto guard so it will miss. But by the end of the day, it is truly hard to fight a guild of legolas doing big chunks of damage.

Skills such as Cross Impact(gx), Tiger Canon( Sura), Dragon's Breathe (RK), OverBrand(RG) were nerf in order to adapt for the server's requirements. Max HP was reduced and more balancing for each jobs. For a character than can hit you 10~13 cells away with atleast 35~70k blitz beat and stun lock you, drain your soul from the distance and other status inflcition is sad.

We deviate from the skill script in order to make the server stable though I'm not a suggesting a heavy nert to the Headgear itself, maybe a 20~30% damage drop is fair for a donated headgear.

Well something to throw in for a more accurate picture is this,,, to get that high auto-blitz damage you will need a minimum of these stats to do it plus you'll need to donate or buy a Galapago Hat from someone:

(no BVH taken into account but just +20 foods and Improved Concentration and Awakening Pot)

[This is a barebones pure auto-blitz build]

DEX 200

INT 200

LUK 150 (to make auto-blitz chance 50%)

AGI 122 (to reach 193 ASPD)

You have remaining stat points left to put 45 in VIT. If you do that then you have 260K HP. You can argue that the Ranger could probably use 2 to 4 Doppels (Thana or Hydra won't affect blitz damage anyways) to have stat AGI at much less and invest in VIT or LUK instead,, plus wear a Tao,, but that's a very specialized build that's solely focused on auto-blitz and not all can afford a Tao. No Tao and you you have 260K HP Ranger that can do big damages but is essentially a glass cannon. If you opt to not put it in VIT and invest more in LUK to get higher chances of blitz auto cast, then you'll now have less HP.

This isn't my build but this is what you'll at the least need to reach high auto-blitz damages. It's not a versatile build at all which is why I never chose the pure auto-blitz path. My auto-blitz is significantly much less than 70-90K (total number of 5 hits damage). I'm open to the idea for a 20 to 30% damage drop though, if it's truly needed as a community whole for a nerf.

let me trow somthing also in the middle of the round

flying galapagos is a lower hedgear a LOWER

It should be changed UPPER headgear (If the damage increase is official), would you agree?