Sign in to follow this  
Everade

Legendary Update - Part1

With the implementation of rarity specification on some custom items, we're introducing Legendary Items.
They're well known, and being worn by the most powerful players who were just brave enough to finish truly immersive quests!

Due the fact that you're looking at these headgears on a daily basis, we've taken it a step further.
The sprites for these headgears were really old and lacked visual fidelity.

LegendarySprites.png

The old Dark Lord Helm wasn't fitting properly on the head nor was it possible to be aligned with middle of the head.
The new one recieved some slight shape changes, positioning fixes, improved shadings, slightly enlarged base to actually hide the head sprite, new dark powered wings and an all new shiny sting at the top. Not to forget, an all new collection picture and icon.

Golden Dragon Helm just recieved it's 3rd overhaul, which was really required. But this time we did it right!
The original quest story has been a little bit extended, adjusted and the script improved.
You might notice that the new one looks a little bit bold, maybe Vulcan can lend you a hand with that... More about Vulcan further below.

Blessed Valkyrie Helm recolored versions now also displays color differences on the icon in your inventory.

--------------------------
Quality / Rarity
The new rarity system is description based only and does not change any gameplay mechanics.
Some custom items have a quality which indicates the rarity or nature of the specific item.

Masterwork are better than simply common and not that easy to get
Rare items may be hard to get and equals quite some worth
Exotic items are supposed to be special by itself or because of their source and can be either strong or weak
Ascended items count to the strongest ingame content there is or may be related to it
Legendary equipment will always have the same relative stats as the highest quality available for the item type. Currently, the only legendary items available are headgears and crafting materials related to them which equal the power of an ascended gear. These may offer special visual or item effects.

Vulcan the legendary smith

VulcanusIntro.png

Look out, he's loose!
Vulcan, the legendary smith just moved to the Althea smithery.
Seeking for more power, he's on the lookout for a powerful fellow.
Being the only known person who's capable to work with Obsidian Fragments.

And this is just the beginning!
The upcoming Part 2 Update will bring even more depth to the lore of the legendaries!
The big secret mentioned in the last news is also still in the makings.

Login Rewards

LoginReward.png

Truly rewarding!
Every day, upon login, a login rewards window will appear right in the middle of the screen.
All that is required to receive a reward is to be online during that day, and the reward for that will wait until it is claimed. It will never reset.

Warning: Please read our ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY further below. Thank you.

Along with the rewards, the all new Token Shop has opened its doors.

TokenShop.png

Our Kafra ladies are back, this time with all new visual fidelity to look at if you speak to them!
gRO Token is the old yet "new" currency earned through the Log-in Reward system which are spent in the GatheringRO Token Shop in Althea. Used to purchase various additional rewards.
And Costume Shop Clerk has finally found a place to stay.

Token Shop comes with 2 mighty new tools at your disposal
TokenTools.png
Ascended Salvage Tool
- A mighty hammer to salvage rare crafting materials from ascended Emperium Weapons or Armors. The Ascended Salvage Tool supports only Emperium Gear and will help you gathering rare materials, or simply get back some fragments if you've made a wrong pick. It also warns you about refinements. Cards however are being savely returned to your inventory.

Advanced Mining Pick
- Highly efficient at gathering resources and uncovering rare components. The advanced Mining Pick replaces the need of having any other picks if you're going to mine, and increases the amount of mobs you can kill.

Adventure Guild
The monster and boss monster hunt quests now display your current hunt progress on the fly. [suggestion#420]
So you don't have to run back to the Adventure Guild headquarters just to check your progress.

advguild_update.png

The surprise boxes have been removed due the new gRO Token currency usage as Login Rewards.
Obsidian Fragment, the new crafting material is now available in the Coupon C Shop.

Other small improvements on specific requests, thanks to the reports.

WoE Updates

WoE just became even more rewarding!
A new ascended chest has been unlocked for you to claim it as your own.
Treasure Chest II which is a copy of the original one has also been unlocked and introduces WoE 2.0 treasure chests to anyone.

Both, the Treasure Chest I and II now come with an additional Tome of Knowledge.
WoEChests.pngTome.png

Tome of Knowledge introduces indirect leveling to those players who're more interested into WoE rather than PvE.
It will grant you pure knowledge, or if reached max level you're gaining an Obsidian Fragment crafting material instead.

With this update, we have highly increased the chances of getting any kind of chest!

- Small Emperium Fragment reward balancings
- Added an additional damage effect to Emperium Revolver. It now increases damage inflicted by Desperado and Fallen Angel by 20%.
- Enhanced WoE 2.0 guardians

Introducing the new powerful Emperium Gear Set!
Now available in the Emperium Fragment Shop.
WoEGear.png

Battlegrounds

Implemented potential fix for the click on enemy issue.
It worked during our tests. But since some players reported that it only happens sometimes, please get back to us with your feedback.

Item of Choice Function

Our custom Item of Choice function used on various chests and boxes has been further enhanced.
Now supports item preview! So you can take a look at the item before you're going to pick it.

Simply click on the highlighted item name, which will open the item description window

Misc Updates

- Warping to the God Quest maps has been restricted to prevent stealing.
- Golden Thief Bug Card Immunity

-- White Imprison and Hell's Plant are now blocked
- Further increased max party members cap from 24 to 36
- Reduced the chance of autocasting Pressure when using Glorious Spear and Glorious Lance
- Major RE Item Database Update which increases defense on most older headgears and more
- Fixed Wandering Wolf King Helmet description [bug#424]
- Removed Costume Valkyrie Feather Hat effect [bug#426]
- Fixed Freya's Bonus Set effect [bug#403]
- Fixed a Einbech quest bug were you get stuck at Zelmeto
- Fixed 0 EXP oddity for even share party exp setting
- Adjusted showexp display ~ When no EXP is given, the message won't display
- Preventing instances of going into idle mode when there were still users left inside
- Endless Tower a player can't enter anymore if he has simply changed party and already entered the instance before
- Fenrir Card effect has been corrected
- Hazy Forest Instance bug fix on Loki NPC
- Fixed Emergency Call scroll which is now being usable ny guild-leaders only
- Enhanced game logs so we can prevent further abuse
- Big item description update with several enhancements
- Updated Althea minimap with new icons

Skills

- Banana Bomb reduced sit duration which is now less reliable on your job level
- Freezing duration has been reduced which is now based on victims baselvl and luk
- Full Throttle Status icon now displays the time correctly
- Blastmine and Claymore Trap now bypasses defense cards
- Swing Dance corrected ASPD Bonus
- Impressive Riff ASPD formula no longer has to be /10 each time
- Homunculus S Summons have been updated with latest information
- Elemental Change skills should not be usable on players or status immune monsters
- Cloud Kill effect now properly implemented it's status icon
- Cloud Kill poison duration is not reduced and lasts if the target leaves the AoE
-- Walking into the AoE a second time resets the Poison status
- Shield Press damage now has a 1 second delay as the shield animation falls
- Leech end damage underflow has been fixed
- Soul Burn fixed a bug were it would drain the target's SP even when it missed [bug#418]

Item Restrictions & Accounts

We were monitoring the actions of our player base during the past few months.
The result was anything else than pleasing.

A high amount of accounts have been registered by single persons, with the simple goal to try to abuse all kinds of features.
We've taken according action and banned these abusers permanently and will continue to do so.
It's not our goal to ban our own player base, we want you to enjoy the game as much as we want you to stay.

This is why we've made the decision to, yet again, restrict all shop based items.
This includes everything that comes from: Adventure Guild, WoE, Token and other similiar related shops and features.

The past months in GatheringRO was all about implementing a solid, big and connected reward system.
Due the fact that there's a lot of rewarding going on at this point, we are forced to keep everything inbetween some boundaries to keep it stable and balanced.
With that in mind, everything is moving further to a 1-Account based game.
Playing with 1 single account is how Ragnarok itself has been designed to play and we have always created account based/restricted content.

/wah I have a lot of accounts...but I have never abused anything. I just like to create characters and use them to RP (role play) I hope... this isn't a problem, as I really don't do anything bad at all with them... Just use them to talk to myself mainly and I just love creating characters, personalities and histories for them, etc. Please don't hurt me Eve! /sob

Everything else sounds great though! Super excited for this update!!!! Great job as always, and you know I'm already excited for next cash shop update xD /lv

if u get the wrong emp gears like emp spear . ill only use Ascended Salvage Tool then my 500frag will be back to me and pick another gear ? hehe

if u get the wrong emp gears like emp spear . ill only use Ascended Salvage Tool then my 500frag will be back to me and pick another gear ? hehe

No

The salvage tool will only give a very small portion of fragments back.

Including the chance to get rare crafting materials.

It's for the players to find out what its all about.

So we're looking forward to some community generated guides to get things moving ;)

YAY!!! More woe frag equips!!

What does Vulcan mean by most exotic gear? Emp weapons?

Overall all I have to say is HOT (dang everade you're on fire with those last updates, keep it up !), yet I cannot lie im a bit dissapointed with the box restrictions and such and the removal of the token boxes from the adventure guild, dammit I asked for more rewards in there not to remove them </33333

Overall all I have to say is HOT (dang everade you're on fire with those last updates, keep it up !), yet I cannot lie im a bit dissapointed with the box restrictions and such and the removal of the token boxes from the adventure guild, dammit I asked for more rewards in there not to remove them </33333

More rewards will be added for sure, just give me some more time.

And i've had to remove the boxes to keep the balance with the new token system.

They do not fit in there anyways.

/wah I have a lot of accounts...but I have never abused anything. I just like to create characters and use them to RP (role play) I hope... this isn't a problem, as I really don't do anything bad at all with them... Just use them to talk to myself mainly and I just love creating characters, personalities and histories for them, etc. Please don't hurt me Eve! /sob

Everything else sounds great though! Super excited for this update!!!! Great job as always, and you know I'm already excited for next cash shop update xD /lv

momo lots of uss got few acc but we dont use them for abbuses. aslong u dont abbuse everade wont get mad. we all already know who was abbusing it. he got lucky that everade is a good person and showed some mercy. anywaysss EVERADE ON FIREEEEEE! were entering a new age in gro xD

A secret you would have to find out.

He's actually telling you what to do ;)

Since he is a blacksmith, I'm assuming he can create/upgrade items?

But what does he create/upgrade?

Since he is a blacksmith, I'm assuming he can create/upgrade items?

But what does he create/upgrade?

just wait he sed its a secret

I hope many will participate woe this time.

Overall update wow just wow admin.

And FYi its just a part 1. Omg very good surprising update.

And GDH is awesome!

Vulcan said to show him the most exotic item I had. No dialogue changes even when I had an Emperium Weapon equipped or just in my inventory.

Ohh,,, what's an example of an Exotic item? Just so I can see what Vulcan is going to say or whatever thing he may do with obisidian and an exotic item.

Also, Fenrir card is available in the game now?

Fenrir card is not yet available. This update was included with the rAthena update and i don't check every single update and simply write it down in the changelog.

About the exotic item... some players found it out already.
As i've said, it's up to the players to find out, and maybe someone is willing to write a guide for it.

Like in the good old days ;)