Sign in to follow this  
raphaelluigi

Noah's Guide To: How To Use an Ascended Salvage Tool

Ascended Salvage Tool has been recently added in game by the recent update. No one made a guide about it and I'm also a bit curious about its use. As its description says "A mighty hammer to salvage rare materials from ascended Emperium Weapons or Armors". The "rare material" part has turned me on! So I really need to try this and see what's hiding under its pants! /no1

First and foremost, you need 5 gRO Tokens which is now commonly used as a currency in game and can be obtained through GM Boxes, Daily Rewards or given by GM's during events to buy 1 Ascended Salvage Tool. The shop that is selling this goods is located at Althea 244 212 or at old gRO's cash shop store.

t5jdpc.png

I have an unused Emperium Weapon so its a good sacrifice to all :D

2hnq4j7.jpg

nv5f1l.png

15obgqa.png

303by1f.png

zivn8y.png

2h7ota9.png

So there you go!!! I got 20 Emperium Fragments, 7 Obsidian Fragments and 3 Cosmic Powders.

I hope this 3 Cosmic Powders are worthy! :D

Credit: Chuchi for the lovely screenies!!! /lov2/lov2/lov2

Nice guide! :D

I wonder what the powder is for

I don't understand? /dum

You are spending 500 Emperium Fragments and 5 gRO Tokens to get "20 Emperium Fragments, 7 Obsidian Fragments and 3 Cosmic Powders."

In what situation would this be viable?

Let's say you don't need the Emperium Lance, why would you have purchased it in the first place?

Someone please explain. /spin

Yea the frags you get back is such a small amount compared to what you spent. I'm assuming that the cosmic powder is the real important ingredient you get out of this. I'm assuming it could be used to upgrade the god helms but that's just my guess. No one has actually upgraded a god helm yet and the Legendary Update part 2 hasn't come out yet. And Vulcan right now is just being coy.. the old fart.

Yea the frags you get back is such a small amount compared to what you spent. I'm assuming that the cosmic powder is the real important ingredient you get out of this. I'm assuming it could be used to upgrade the god helms but that's just my guess.

If you get 250 Emp Frags instead of 20, maybe it would be better?

The obsidian Fragments are used to upgrade BVH to something called "Hardened Valkyrie Helm".

I found out when I went to the BVH NPC. Which leaves the cosmic powder item, what does it upgrade?

13876473_1244210035624101_61630054085985

But it still doesn't add up, if you don't need the Emperium Lance, why would you have purchased it in the first place?

Yea half the amount would be nice

Maybe he got it from an Emperium Chest box or maybe he has a different build now that won't have to use the Emp Lance

I don't understand? /dum

You are spending 500 Emperium Fragments and 5 gRO Tokens to get "20 Emperium Fragments, 7 Obsidian Fragments and 3 Cosmic Powders."

In what situation would this be viable?

Let's say you don't need the Emperium Lance, why would you have purchased it in the first place?

Someone please explain. /spin

Im always curious and want to try something new. My old weapon is better than the emperium lance and its rotting on my storage so why not try the new feature in game? I love to discover and try things, this is how you are supposed to live your life :D Who knows, something might come out good and if its no good then at least I have tried bwahahaha! And also, this is for other players who are also curious about this feature and give them an insight to the things that is newly introduced to the game :P

Im always curious and want to try something new. My old weapon is better than the lance and its rotting on my storage so why not try the new feature in game? I love to discover and try things, this is how you are supposed to live your life :D Who knows, something might come out good and if its no good then at least I have tried bwahahaha! So others can have an insight to the things that is newly introduced to the game :P

While I do agree with your way of thinking, it would also be good to ask other players who already have the item to

see if it is a better option. After confirming, only then would a decision be made. This way, resources are used as efficiently as possible.

If you had known that your previous weapon was better than the Emperium Lance, would you have purchased it?

If you had known that your previous weapon was better than the Emperium Lance, would you have purchased it?

Please ask another question, because I have a hard time answering this :(

Please ask another question, because I have a hard time answering this :(

Looooooooool. /heh

Someone bought Emp Lance thinking it was better than their current weapon. /slur

Can you try using Ascended Salvage Tool again on one of the EMP Armors? :lol:

Yea a cheaper alternative might be the emp shields. They're 50 frags cheaper and they may give the same amount of stuff as the emp weapons

Yea a cheaper alternative might be the emp shields. They're 50 frags cheaper and they may give the same amount of stuff as the emp weapons

Someone should verify if that is true. xD

Viewing the item script for the Salvage Tool, I found this.

zlrouc.png

ID 61500 being Emperium Fragment and ID 61639 being Cosmic Powder.

The other numbers are references for Emperium weapons/armor.

So I guess anything you salvage, you get a random of 15-35 Emp fragments and 1-3 Cosmic Powders.

Though I can't confirm since I don't want to waste tokens and fragments. /heh

Hope this helps. /no1