Sign in to follow this  
RK Neves

A Few Things Worth Checking.

In this topic, I'll be elaborating up to some point, 4 different things.

These are issues that affect me, and not just me, that I know.

First of: Is it possible to remove the 'Send to clan' option in the chat?

It keeps changing, without my command/choice, etc to that same option a few times during WoE, not crucial, but certainly annoying.

Plus, I never saw anything related to 'clan' in Ragnarok, other reason to remove it.

If no one understood quite well, Im usually on 'Send to guild' chat option, then suddenly, it keeps the green preview text that you WOULD send to the guild, but isntead it sends to 'Clan', although, since there's no clan, it's just public. That could also compromise a few things in WoE, but in a really rare situation.

Second of: The Ancilla item/skill problem.

I have been problems when trying to create Ancillas in WoE, yes, I am aware of the percentage it takes for each Ancilla, and I've been having this problem my SP was completely filled or not.

Is there a cooldown for like, when a 'set' runs out, it blocks me from having more?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Third: Is it possible to stimulate the Battleground by adding further rewards? We're not talking about gear here, we're talking about something everyone loves and uses: Costumes.

I know that there are a decent amount of costumes being introduced in Ragnarok on a sort of 'daily-basis', but these get available later for servers, or by admin choice. (Im not criticizing this Marc.)

Just before elaborating this topic, I was in the Battlegrounds, excited as my screen loaded, but for my unluckyness, everyone left the BG, forcing me to leave, once more.

It would be nice, just as it would stimulate BG a little bit more by adding costumes, and these could be in separate ways, I mean the way of these being obtained, divided by the three types of badges awarded.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fourth: The Dual clienting situation.

I have come here to try to revert the currenct restrict situation, not for myself, but for my guildmates and others who don't belong in this particular group.

Something which can take alot of time to decide, I am not a user of dualling, not just because my pc wouldn't handle it well, but because I don't like, and simply don't dual.

In War of Emperium roles are also crucial, but sometimes, a little edge is necessary.

There is absolutely no way of making it 100% fair, there is always someone who will try to abuse this by killing is own duals, but in our case, we're here because the need of having buffers and whatnot is extremely important.

The idea of the group effort needed is being promoted by abolishing dualling, but some people just need it badly, especially when they're facing a guild who has significantly more members than their own.

In our current situation, getting members is hard, and, even though I despise saying this, it will increase the online number 'count', thus making other players come, believing there are more people focused on the conflict itself, so once more, I come here for others, not for me. (On THIS specific subject only.)

Ancilla Problem - Have you tried creating Ancilla at Althea during WoE? It should work with out any problems.

Battle Grounds - +1 /no1

Dual Clienting during WoE - While I agree with you on this, players are rewarded for support skills

(Heal, Bless, Agi up, etc) and therefore would earn Emp Frags on 2 accounts. And WoE rewards

can be abused (Killing your own dual to earn more Emp Frags). Which would be unfair. So, there

seems to be no fair solution this this issue. The best we can do is to simply comply with this restriction.

Ancilla Problem - Have you tried creating Ancilla at Althea during WoE? It should work with out any problems.

Battle Grounds - +1 /no1

Dual Clienting during WoE - While I agree with you on this, players are rewarded for support skills

(Heal, Bless, Agi up, etc) and therefore would earn Emp Frags on 2 accounts. And WoE rewards

can be abused (Killing your own dual to earn more Emp Frags). Which would be unfair. So, there

seems to be no fair solution this this issue. The best we can do is to simply comply with this restriction.

No, I haven't tried to create ancillas during WoE at althea, I should, but I really want this to be fixed (incase it IS a bug), but thanks for the suggestion.

I am aware how they're rewarded, I use AB during 2.0, even so, if you are dualling, you have to be in one account at one time, people like to either kill, or either buff, although one could just spam in two AB's, which is a problem.

I did also mention the dual killing as well.

+1 on removing this anti-dualing thing. It just has too many holes and it's overall just inconvenient

• Abusers repeatedly kill their duals? What's to stop them from asking a friend to get killed repeatedly and vice versa? An abuser could just ask a friend to enter a castle and be killed and then they could just take turns. An hour of free kills for the abuser and another hour of free kills for his friends at the entrance of an empty castle. Both still earned frags. It doesn't sound like fun but repeatedly killing your own dual char for 2 hours or spamming buffs between 2 dual chars isn't either
  • How can dual-clienters be identifed? A large chunk of the players here are from Asia and I heard that a good amount of them play in internet cafes. Everyone playing in there will have the same IP address. They would certainly seem like they're dual-clienting
  • How can it be enforced? Those players in an internet cafe will have different MAC addresses even if they have the same IP address. Will there actually be a GM checking each suspicious looking AFK player and tracking down it's IP and seeing if there's other players logged in with the same IP? That said GM will also have to check each of their MAC addresses too. Aside from that I've already seen several SD type mechas that seem to be just AFK during WoE but you'll see them suddenly become active when their guild ecalls. Seems suspicious unless they wanted to play the boring game of SD-ing and waiting for the cooldown to end and then doing it all over again
  • Without it being properly enforced it would be unfair for those that will actually abide by that rule since those that don't aren't getting punished anyways,, and even if they do get punished and banned.., you'll just end up reducing the already low population for a petty offense. it's not such a heinous thing as scamming/hacking people after all
  • Not all that dual client are abusers. Some just do it out of convenience to dual-client for FCP or a Linker. I know WoE is about teamwork but it's so much faster to FCP or Link yourself than to ask a guild mate to do it. It's even more difficult when there's a Minstrel spamming FJ around because the chatbox gets spammed with FJs so they won't be able to read your guild message for "FCP/link please"
  • Even if 2 account can earn frags from dualing, because the emp frags and emp equips are account bound, you can't access your alternate account's emp items. You can have a hundred emperium weapons on your main account but it won't be accessible by your alternate account. The blessed ores are the only thing that you can possibly try to "farm" but even then the success rates are so low that it's not even worth it IMO. Sure you can use the emp frags to buy and sell costumes with 2 earning accounts but they're not expensive for trading anyways
  • Besides, even if you do dual, you'll have to do something effective in WoE in order to gain a large amount of emp frags. Add that with how your attention will be split between 2 clients

To sum it up, there's no proper way to enforce it unless there's an active GM per WoE to check people's IP's and MAC addresses. Who will be a willing GM to do that 4 times a week? Those that aren't caught will be enjoying dual-clienting while those that abide by the law are forced not to do it. Those that will be punished will be perma banned for a petty offense. The only positive things out of it would be that Blessed Ores won't be easily farmed by 2 accounts earning emp frags and that you can't dual to kill your own char (but you can still ask a friend to take turns killing each other)

Personally, it even puts a dent in my gameplay. I have always dualed and a lot of people for many years have. One way I play is that after my Mecha SD's, I'll alt+tab to my Ranger char so I can shoot people while SD is in cooldown. Rinse and repeat. Now I can only play one at a time which gets stale very quickly. That's just me though.. or maybe there's several other people that dual in a similar manner but with different classes.

This no dualing thing is a real party pooper. It has way too many inconveniences compared to the positive things from it. The only thing this stops is abusers killing their own duals and blessed ores being less available for "farming" >_<

or we take screen shots of the dual characters and report them in forum. (gonna focus on dual mechas only)

lol I've seen some suspicious ones in your guild as it is and another one in a different guild but I'm too busy trying to get kills in WoE than worry about them XD

For the record I split my time for the 2 hour WoE duration. I generally play an hour as Mechas and another hour as my main Ranger. I love playing both classes

1. Clan can't be removed, it's an upcoming official feature and should be implemented within the next months
2. No there's no cooldown on ancilla
3. Battlegrounds rehaul is planned as stated in several topics already
    Costumes are not implemented on a daily basis, not even close. Also, it takes another few months before private servers get their hands on them due the fact that the non-existing team from the translation team does no more really care to implement them. (it's just 1 guy left)
4. Yes the situation is bullshit. I will do my best to change this.