Sign in to follow this  
ShatteredAngel

The Procedure Entry Point Minidumpwritedump Could Not Be Located In The Dynamic Library C:/windows/system32/dlumd9.dll

Question

Everytime I try to open the game I get the following error

the procedure entry point minidumpwritedump could not be located in the dynamic library c:/windows/system32/dlumd9.dll

I've tried everything I can think of including copying over my friend's game folder incase it was a flaw in my download or installation but it still didn't work.

I've tried everything I could think of and tried to look of answers only had no luck.

I'm running Windows 10

17 answers to this question

The actual crash cause could be caused by something else, since minidumps are being created AFTER something crashes.

It then fails to find this function inside that dll file. So take this with a grane of salt.

However

The dll file is part of the Display Link Software for Windows.

Display Link is no default Windows software, so i guess you've installed it yourself?!
It can be used for either Docking Stations or other peripherals like additional monitors / smartphones / tablets through USB and so on.

I recommend to re-install Display Link if you still require its features.

If you don't know what it is, or you don't use its features, simply uninstall it.
Here's the latest official Windows 10 driver from them.

http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/file?id=686

-------------------------

It could also help if you locate the dll file inside your windows folder (the one from the error you mentioned)
c:/windows/system32/dlumd9.dll
And copy/paste the dlumd9.dll right into the main GatheringRO folder. (however this might not fix the actual crash cause, but it then might be able to create the minidump. So the error message might disappear)
So again, take this with a grane of salt, this might not be as helpful. Better try the option mentioned at the beginning of my post.

------------------------

Since your crash is connected to Display Driver issues.
Also try to update your display driver (video card driver)

Another thing which probably fixes your issue is to start the GRO SETUP (start the gRO-Patcher, click, on Settings on the right side)

There, select a different Displayhardware (the very very first option)

Everything is explained inside my troubleshooting guide, INCLUDING PICTURES

right here: http://www.gatheringro.ch/_forum/index.php?showtopic=22966

-----------------------
Or a sloppy but probably direct fix would be, to enable registry mode (still inside the settings) AT THE VERY LEFT BOTTOM click on REG.
This should enable the VooDoo3 graphics option.

Tick the VooDoo3, save and try.

Please note that enabling the REG mode will cause that no other settings will take effect.

Please let me know if something fixed your issue.

Please follow these instructions and let us know the results. /no1

GatheringRO Installation Guide:

• [Download] the latest, official GatheringRO-FullClient.
  • Make sure to install the FullClient into a new, clean folder.
  • Start the GatheringRO always through the Patcher to make sure that your client is always up to date. (Shortcut can be found in the start menu and on your desktop)

I don't have a button to uninstall it either and my program removed can't find it to remove it either so I can't uninstall it to the try installing it again, I just checked

Please follow these instructions and let us know the results. /no1

As per what he said,

you can also

1. Right click the program then run as administrator

2. Can you check your gatheringRO folder if it has the dbghelp.dll file in it? If not, check your system directory is C:\Windows\System32 for the dbghelp.dll and copy it to your gatheringRO folder. (got the source from another game)

3. Run program with compatibility mode and find a OS that may suit your program

1. When I attempted to run as an administrator it just lead to the same error appearing after I have pressed play and the window appears to try and open the game.

2. Do you mean the dlumd9.dll or the dbghelp.dll? The reason I ask is because the error is with the dlumb9.dll not the dbghelp.dll so I just want to be sure

3. When I try to run in compatability mode, it selects windows 8. I tell it to test these settings but it again results in the same error.

When following the first one it just simply stated that the driver was up to date. I've not uninstalled it as this is a new laptop, I'm unsure what (if anything) requires it. So if the other suggestions don't work, I will uninstall it and try the other options again.

--

I copied the dlumd9.dll into the GatheringRO folder but it still lead to the same error when I tried to run the programme.

--

I went via device manager and checked the display driver and it says that it is up to date.

Strangely enough when I went onto the patcher to access the settings it displayed the same error that I recieve when I press start.

Could be an actual error with is patcher itself?

The error popped up, I pressed ok, then it popped again immediately afterward. After pressing ok for the second time it opened the settings.

I managed to open the settings but when I click the drop down for the graphics device there are no options.

--

I will try your third suggestion once I have heard back just in case there is something that we can do with the information from the second option :)

Thank you very much for you time

Windows is NOT capable to determine wheter your video card driver is up to date or not.

Do never update your drivers with ONE CLICK easy to use tools or Windows Device Manager.

None of them offers you the proper drivers.

One click tools usualy mess up the entire system by installing entirely wrong drivers or even malware.

So the device overview won't help you in this case.

But according to your last post, i can tell you that the problem is 100% your video card.

Please determine which video card your laptop has included (the specific type like for example NVIDIA Geforce 550m) or AMD or whatever.

Please checkout my guide, there's everything explained on how to update your video card driver.

Always download the latest official video card driver from the respective manufacturer website (nvidia.com or amd.com)
Search for driver downloads , pick your video card type and OS and download and install it.

After the installation restart your PC and check the gRO settings again.

You should now see an option in the drop down menu.

I followed you guide and found the drivers but installing them did nothing, however when I then uninstalled them Gathering was able to run. The only problem with that is it runs very laggily and I can no longer change my screen brightness because of this.

So it seems I will have to uninstall my graphics driver every time I want to play, which isn't very practical.

Is there anything else you can suggest? It is a AMD Radeon R2

I followed you guide and found the drivers but installing them did nothing, however when I then uninstalled them Gathering was able to run. The only problem with that is it runs very laggily and I can no longer change my screen brightness because of this.

So it seems I will have to uninstall my graphics driver every time I want to play, which isn't very practical.

Is there anything else you can suggest? It is a AMD Radeon R2

if your game runs very laggy

try to end task the host process if one of them eats more than 10,000 k.

task.png

if your game runs very laggy

try to end task the host process if one of them eats more than 10,000 k.

This only "helps" if you have a very crappy computer which lacks ressources.

Killing svchost can also cause issues as you simply shut down a lot of services which have dll files loaded.

It would help you much more if you would optimize the PC itself by controlling what you've installed and running.

Killing the svchost is no solution for anything, you simply kill multiple services running in the background which won't be able to function properly anymore.

ShatteredAngel

As you can see, the problem is related to your video card driver.

Uninstalling the AMD video card driver means, you force gRO to be running on your CPU video driver instead.

So it works on that one, however that's not really made for gaming, that's why it lags as it lacks performance.

This official AMD driver tool should be able to install the correct driver for you:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows+10+-+64#

I'm not that experienced with AMD anymore as i'm on NVIDIA since several years already.

But installing the correct driver is a must.

The R2 you mentioned is a series, not a video card by itself.

AMD should also offer several settings to change graphics settings used on SPECIFIC programs.

So you should be able to play around with different settings specific for the

GatheringRO.exe (not the patcher file)

itself.

In the past it was called AMD Catalyset, which was a control panel for your video card.

There you should be able to change each individual setting on your own, specificly for gRO only.

I'm sure there's a way to get it back up and running.

So try some different settings.

Uninstalling the AMD Video Card driver is a really bad workaround.

1. When I attempted to run as an administrator it just lead to the same error appearing after I have pressed play and the window appears to try and open the game.

2. Do you mean the dlumd9.dll or the dbghelp.dll? The reason I ask is because the error is with the dlumb9.dll not the dbghelp.dll so I just want to be sure

3. When I try to run in compatability mode, it selects windows 8. I tell it to test these settings but it again results in the same error.

Oh trolololol! Nab me :D

By the way here's a website or link that helps your troubleshoot your error and teaches you about what may be the causes of your error which is :

The Procedure Entry Point Minidumpwritedump Could Not Be Located In The Dynamic Library C:/windows/system32/dlumd9.dll

Read the site and I think there may be some tips and instructions that you need to verify in order to pinpoint your missing dlumd9.dll,

well most of the errors that cause your dlumd9.dll to be missing is by hardware, software or viruses.

There's a step by step instructions on how to check your error at the lower part of the link, try to read them if you got the time.

By the way, does this error apply only to gRO.exe? or same as your other games as well? If yes, you may need to reformat everything

if not try doing the tips mentioned in the set checked them myself seems legit

Link : http://www.solvusoft.com/en/files/missing-not-found-error/dll/windows/displaylink-corp/displaylink-core-software-v5-6-31854-0/dlumd9-dll/

No, as described above the dll error is an indirect indicator.

We've already found the cause which is the video card driver itself.

Adjusting some settings would probably fix it.

Oh,

By the way may I know the specs of your PC/laptop? Even though I'm using the stock gpu of my motherboard,

I'm able to run to gRO at a smooth pace since R.O. shouldn't eat up a lot in the video part.

One more good idea is to downgrade the existing AMD software to a later/earlier version, this solves some of my problems in my NVIDIA gpu

since the new update may affect some of the components needed by gRO.exe since the new update for the AMD software will now support

dx12 games/ softwares.

Hello, just an update we have managed to fix the problem.

The suggestions you gave did not work.

The way we had to fix it was to uninstall the AMD driver (it turns out the worst thing you can do with windows 10 is install AMD Catalyst).

Ones the driver had been uninstalled, we restarted the laptop then told Windows to update itself and left windows to detect the appropriate driver.

Once Windows 10 had fully updated itself, the laptop was restarted once more.

The poof the problem was gone.

Thank you so much for all your help and I hope this helps with anyone in future having the same problem if they are using Windows 10 ^^

The issue shouldn't be Windows 10 nor the Catalyst.

To get the most performance and the least issues should always be to:
Install the latest official drivers from AMD itself (which should have been their new AMD Crimson Edition) which should then be able to detect your video card and install their latest drivers for it.

And Crimson should come with the Catalyst. (or at least offer the same options through Crimson itself)

As i've said, i haven't used AMD since about a decade.

Windows driver update solution is most of the time extremly outdated, or it installs entirely wrong drivers.

But i'm glad that it works for you like this. /no1
That's the main goal.

AMD actually puts Raptor on instead of catalyst or Crimson.

I ended up seeing if any other windows 10 with the R2 Radeon had had the same problem which I had. If seems if you go direct to the source it conflicts with the ones windows installed. Personally I think the issue started with whoever setup the laptop in the first place  XD

Again thank you so muhc with the help