Sign in to follow this  
RK Neves

Let's talk Skills.

Prior to writting my guide, I was already thinking of asking for some boosts and changes. So here it goes:

We have a current problem with Vaccum Extreme, the skill that creates a whirlwind that disables movement.

What's the problem, can anyone ask? It's the fact that in the past, having a sufficient amount of STR could bypass this effect. Now, no matter the strength of a character, he will simply not be able to move, and the worse, is that this can be casted over and over and over again, leading to an infinite prison. It might not be easy to disable this feature, since it's mechanic stuff. But this is an urgent matter, most sorcerers in WoE forget to use it, or perhaps they're dying fast enough not to cast it. (Thank god!) Trust me, it is not fun to be bound and being killed without being able to do much...Already predicting the 'It's official.' scenario, pvp in low rate servers does not last much. And since it doesn't last much, people do not resort to Vaccum 24/7. Even being official, it doesn't mean harder, better, faster, whatever. Spider Web is an alternative to the frenetic use of this skill. A Very handy skill some Sorcerers forget to use.

About my class, Rune Knight.

I have been having frustrating difficulties to kill anyone really. And this isn't just noticed by me or Rune Knight users, but by people who were kinda confused at how they were able to kill GEARED Rune Knights easily. If people actually look at the rankings and WoE itself, they will not find many Rune Knights. And there is a reason to this. Killing someone with outdated gear isn't hard, but being constantly killed by people with the same gear isn't normal. I am here, to request an increase, in a few Rune Knights (damage increase.)

From doing a bit of research, I found out that 25% of long range damaged is reduced during War of Emperium. Yes I am also aware of the 40%.

Q: How are you dying and having so many difficulties to kill with your class?

A: Because of not just the damage of the skills, but the ways to evade the class, mainly due to damage reduction. Like I said before, long ranged physical damage is the easiest thing to reduce in Ragnarok Online. Anolian cards for each accessory = 10% reduced range physical damage, Horn Card, Defender, Long Mace, WoE Suit, etc etc... This ridicules our damage to some mere 20k. 20k against opponents of 1m500,1m700 isn't good. At all.

Most people (in their right and cleverness) use Errende Ebecce, just like some Rune Knights do. Kyrie Eleison is highly casted during WoE, and there's an additional difficulty to kill these new opponents with Auto Guard, which has an insane rate of activating. (Just like Parrying, not denying that.) Dragon Breath, Spiral Pierce, even Sonic Wave are easily stopped by Kyrie and Pneuma! And the rest of the hits just aren't able to hit the opponent due to Kyrie and Auto Guard!

Even with a tao and a high pool of HP + All stat equipments, my Dragon Breath would never even reach 60k.

The skills I would like to be boosted, which actually do need a boost, are:

-Spiral Pierce.

-Ignition Break (to a small/very small amount)

-Dragon Breath Water and Fire.

If there have been considerations towards the Vaccum, I was just making sure it wasn't forgotten.

Thank you for reading.

I tried that though, I asked for some boost and we were able to get some amounts.

In general, damage especially for Rune Knight is low during WoE if you're not fully geared. Just by wearing the woe set, it already minimizes your damage by 20% and with some variant, reduces range damage by additional 15%. Then the woe mechanics itself, RK suffers damage penalty from it too. So I agree with your statement.

For ignition, way before its really a good skill because it deals around 80~100k damage, But then it was nerf badly and was fixed last skill maintenance. While I agree they boosted the damage, it still deals little around 20~40k against woe set + thara users. So I guess they won't touch it soon again since they just fixed it by few clicks. Though I'm still hoping they do something about it, but I won't hope that much since there are still many pending rebalancing for other class.

Spiral Pierce. I miss this skill. Like how it can spam till you drop the enemy. Way before it deals 10~12k x5, but with the introduction of the new game mechanics and equipment, damage can be reduced to significantly lower than 2k. Though they may say using Vellum claymore will solve the problem, I just think that when they boost the skill, the damage output may change big time because, V.Clay is OP. I'm waiting for the G Clay fix tho I heard it still nothing compared to V. Clay, sad life. I agree with this though, I want spiral spam again with good damage.

Dual Breath, Fire and Water. I believe they reduced this the last patch during the introduction of Water Dragon. Because it allows you to counter those fire armor users so I guess to compensate, damage was reduced. The last time, I remember DB doing 500k (Full DB gear) damage which is OP. Now it with full gear, it deals 350k against no reduce while 50~70k against reduce gears. It might be sad, but because of the AoE of this skill maybe that's why boosting this will hurt other class even more. I want a DB boost too but if you will look at other class, the squishy ones will suffer hard. RK DB type are already tank in nature and can deal sufficient damage because of high hp. I want your suggestion but it might be selfish for us and the community wont just allow.

Just sharing my 2 cents. Ayt back to work, no more slacking xD

3 hours ago, lancelot said:

I tried that though, I asked for some boost and we were able to get some amounts.

In general, damage especially for Rune Knight is low during WoE if you're not fully geared. Just by wearing the woe set, it already minimizes your damage by 20% and with some variant, reduces range damage by additional 15%. Then the woe mechanics itself, RK suffers damage penalty from it too. So I agree with your statement.

For ignition, way before its really a good skill because it deals around 80~100k damage, But then it was nerf badly and was fixed last skill maintenance. While I agree they boosted the damage, it still deals little around 20~40k against woe set + thara users. So I guess they won't touch it soon again since they just fixed it by few clicks. Though I'm still hoping they do something about it, but I won't hope that much since there are still many pending rebalancing for other class.

Spiral Pierce. I miss this skill. Like how it can spam till you drop the enemy. Way before it deals 10~12k x5, but with the introduction of the new game mechanics and equipment, damage can be reduced to significantly lower than 2k. Though they may say using Vellum claymore will solve the problem, I just think that when they boost the skill, the damage output may change big time because, V.Clay is OP. I'm waiting for the G Clay fix tho I heard it still nothing compared to V. Clay, sad life. I agree with this though, I want spiral spam again with good damage.

Dual Breath, Fire and Water. I believe they reduced this the last patch during the introduction of Water Dragon. Because it allows you to counter those fire armor users so I guess to compensate, damage was reduced. The last time, I remember DB doing 500k (Full DB gear) damage which is OP. Now it with full gear, it deals 350k against no reduce while 50~70k against reduce gears. It might be sad, but because of the AoE of this skill maybe that's why boosting this will hurt other class even more. I want a DB boost too but if you will look at other class, the squishy ones will suffer hard. RK DB type are already tank in nature and can deal sufficient damage because of high hp. I want your suggestion but it might be selfish for us and the community wont just allow.

Just sharing my 2 cents. Ayt back to work, no more slacking xD

Dragon Breath is the least of the three listed skills I would really need a boost on, but having positive feedback is really nice. Also, yeah, the 500k thing was insane. I was the one who mainly did a topic only about it. And I didn't know of the V. Claymore, gotta try that...It's because it gets so simple to be immune to long range physical...

After a bit of testing, I came to the conclusion that the boost might not need to be as big as I thought. But an improvement would still be quite nice.

Rune Knight is a very gear dependent class. The problem with this is that improving skills to be good with low gear will make players with high-end gear do insane amounts of damage. I think now that you have found the best weapons for this class, you will agree that their damage is pretty good. It's sad but Tao is also a strong factor with this class and thus Dragon Breath cannot be simply increased as that would bring us back to the 500k which lancelot mentioned. Don't expect major changes with this class. There might be changes in the future but that will depend on what we do with the other classes.