Rayleigh

Poll for upcoming 1v1 PVP Tournament

Poll for upcoming 1v1 pvp tournament  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should certain skills be restricted for this tournament?

• Yes, some skills should be restricted
    • No, all skills should be allowed

Heyho GRO players (and specifically, pvpers),

I plan to host a 1v1 PVP tournament very soon. This topic is meant to help me decide whether or not I should restrict certain skills for this tournament. The poll will will help me see how many players are for / against restricting certain skills.

The skills to be restricted (should the poll be strongly in favor of restriction) will be discussed HERE. You can suggest a skill that you would like to see restricted and add REASONS why you think it is necessary. Full Throttle will be restricted no matter what we decide to do.

Skills that come to my mind are: Bloodlust or Self Destruction...

I would suggest postponing this PvP event.

Some Classes have been nerfed due to official updates. (Ex: GX poison duration is negative on some players.)

But anyway, here is my input for this event:

--------------

Skill for restriction:

Potion Pitcher - Only AB's should be allowed to use healing skills. (Assuming that someone joins using an Archbishop)

Diamond Dust - Crystallization status lasts around 10-12 seconds. Sorcerers are very strong and can skill almost any class in 10-12 seconds.

------------

1. Bloodlust

This skill should be allowed. It FULLY heals your enemy which is a bad thing.

2. Self Destruct

This should also be allowed. Using Self destruct is a huge gamble, you lose all SP and mado gear.

Blacksmith/Whitesmith buffs aren't usable in mado gear mode, after SD, you have almost no BUFFS.

A Mechanic would need BS/WS buffs to fight without mado gear.

20 minutes ago, Yzobel said:

No, All Skill Should be Allowed

It's PVP Event anyway, Everyone should enjoy! Esp. those participating it /lv

Even healing skills?

All skill should be allowed. There's nothing wrong with skill. Its Pvp & its fair if all of classes can use their full set of skill.

14 hours ago, Yzobel said:

Why not?

Because Geneticist can use Thorn trap > run > potion pitcher and repeat.

Only AB's should be allowed to use healing skills.

20 hours ago, D e M o N said:

Because Geneticist can use Thorn trap > run > potion pitcher and repeat.

even when traped with thorns, some of the classes can use body relocate and backslide and [sc can backslide too. in addition, manhole and bloodlust, which means sc's opponent is/are can be easily killed.

On 10/24/2016 at 7:01 AM, Khaii said:

I would say all skills should be allowed too aslong its " official " and not bugged/no1

yeah on point. 

I would say the only skill to be restricted is Full Throttle. Why? It's just not fun. Most people forget about that skill, just like I do, a full refill of HP is like a second chance to a duel. (Although ultimately legit, and one's own fault for not using it, I am against it.)

In my opinion all skills should be allowed yes.

The main reason I will probably not join (along with some others, I'm guessing) would be the overall the equipment of other players.
No offense, but am I guessing that Michi will win? Sure, he isn't power alone, he has skills, not saying he doesn't; but imo it destroys all the fun.

So perhaps instead of allowing or not certain skills; how about not allowing certain items/cards? (For example Tao/Thana/Gioia/Kades) Make it a clean and overall fair pvp match and more people will join I'd say, including newbies, casuals, and peoeple without end game gear.

My 2 cents~

13 hours ago, raphaelluigi said:

How about a battle on each class so that no skills are restricted and it will really be a battle of the best.

I actually like that idea! That way, someone can be crowned as the "best" RK/RG/GX/etc. in the server. Problem is, it won't be too great for the support classes.