Sign in to follow this  
RK Neves

Let's ERADICATE Volunteered Incompetence. (Fragment Related)

The main event which moves players around GatheringRO is War of Emperium, the fragments were really a very bright idea, I love the fact that certain items can be bought with them when there's no interest (not my case.) in certain pieces of armor.

Although not everyone is happy with how these are obtained.

Unfortunately for my own guild (and perhaps others as well.) a recent wave of unnecessary Arch Bishops have appeared, it would be perfectly fine if they knew how to support and would actually want to! And even so, it wouldn't be that tolerable.

We have had tons of Arch Bishops just playing to gather fragments, I personally played Bishop to fully support my team mates, I was told I was good at it, and I did so for less than a full month. (Using AB that is.)

What we have in WoE nowadays (Not always, thank god!) is pretty much alot of people who are trying to do the least possible to aid. I have seen with my own eyes Bishops in the heat of the battle simply CASTING the two most standart AoE buffs: Cantocandidus and the other one.

I am here to ask for a decrease in the amount of fragments which Heal gives, or in some way, for Arch Bishops to receive less fragments.

I have rotated through many jobs and roles, and it is always fun. I have tried to call people on this, but some people are living either in hypocrisy, simply not caring, or just plain delusional. No naming though.

And if someone comes here telling AB is too weak, you haven't seen one AB tank a whole guild for 2 minutes. We had an AB resisting us for more than 10. Kyrie Eleison which is spammable + some other things make it absolutely frustrating to kill these. (Not really being mad at this, just the frags insane desire to even Heal people who don't need it)

For the sake of gRO, support me people.

17 hours ago, Everade said:

I'm going to take another look at the current balancing state.

Haven't touched the algorithms in a while.

Thank you Marc. But one thing, do not think my status update was meant towards the Staff, it was directed to the players, I would like to receive some feedback from them since, well you know, they're playing WoE and such.

i know.
the forums has become pretty quite, would be great to get some more feedback overall.
we're not even getting feedback to updates or events anymore.

The algorithm for support classes have been entirely rewritten, this should balance the fragment rewards for support classes.
It now also supports (as most of our algorithms) a beginner handicap.
These handicaps exist to help WoE beginners to be rewarded properly rather than letting them behind, without the possibility to reach better gear.

I will further investigate the current reward state and might balance further algorithms based on the reward logs.
This update should take place soon, along with some other new features i've been working on.

Thank you for your feedback