D e M o N

Vellum Scale Nerfed ?

Question

Has Vellum Scale (item#: 1294) been nerfed?

Vellum Scale used to drain 10% SP per hit.

Now, the item description in-game states that it reduces SP by 3%

16105757_1409275209117582_8012400394739268440_n.jpg?oh=2b16dbb80b525ab23b67f7dff231d5e9&oe=5908DCBF

But looking at the following (Including gRO own database) it states that it drains 10% SP per hit.

Sources:

GatheringRO Item Database

iRO Wiki Database

RateMyServer

Feedback is much appreciated. /no1

4 answers to this question

Yes, Vellum Scale  has indeed been nerfed. It was accidentally left out a couple of months ago when we nerfed all the SP draining items. No player reported that Vellum Scale still drains 10%, some even preferred to use it to their advantage. I found out about it recently when I became active in PVP again. Our server does not allow SP pots in pvp so we try our best to balance items that drain SP (these items are intended for servers where you can simply use pots to regain SP). I hope you don't mind as this contributes to a fair and balanced gameplay.

A bunch of SP draining weapons have been nerfed. Even the bows. It's been like that even before I disappeared in-game on September

Just now, Hersheys said:

A bunch of SP draining weapons have been nerfed. Even the bows

I notice that too, but I haven't included it in this topic.

5 hours ago, Rayleigh said:

Yes, Vellum Scale  has indeed been nerfed. It was accidentally left out a couple of months ago when we nerfed all the SP draining items. No player reported that Vellum Scale still drains 10%, some even preferred to use it to their advantage. I found out about it recently when I became active in PVP again. Our server does not allow SP pots in pvp so we try our best to balance items that drain SP (these items are intended for servers where you can simply use pots to regain SP). I hope you don't mind as this contributes to a fair and balanced gameplay.

I see your point, but a 70% nerf? A 50% nerf would be more reasonable. /sob

Also, SP draining weapons can be countered with Dracula cards.