Sign in to follow this  
Gelo

General Feedback On Sorcerers

Is the Sorcerer's splash magic damage that overlaps Land Protect's AoE official?

I have read this forum that says it does overlaps LP's AoE but only on the skill Psychic Wave, it doesn't say any further about other Sorcerer's skills (i.e. Diamond Dust, Earth Grave). However this forum was dated way back 2012 so I'm not sure whether this one is reliable or not. I have also read the skills info on iRO Wiki and it says: "The cells on the effect's rim do not block area spells due to their splashing nature." (Does this mean it only applies to Sorcerer's magic offensive AoE? Because WL's offensive AoE doesn't act like Sorcerers do)
BUT, I'm still unsure of this since Everade said that rAthena doesn't recognized iROWiki as a reliable source.

The thing is, in our system, most, if not all of Sorcerer's AoE skills overlaps LP's AoE. I'm just a lil' bit concerned 'cause it feels like LP is useless against fellow Sorcerers. I know we can have it at max for wider AoE but it doesn't make sense since we still have to get closer to the edge (of LP), for us to reach the range of the foe (Sorcerer, other class), thus making us vulnerable to Sorcerer's AoE offensives.

It also makes Detale's LP useless since it only casts level 1 Land Protect. That level 1 LP only has 7x7 AoE and Psychic Wave has 11x11 AoE when maxed; meaning you can't stay inside the Detale's LP 'cause you will surely feel the damage.

One last thing, this is about Sorcerer's Crystallization. I know this has been tweaked a lot of times but it's still pretty unbalanced(IMO).

"- Reduced the duration of the status effect "Crystallization" (Heavily base VIT dependent, 100 VIT: 7-8sec, 150 VIT: 4-5 sec, 200 VIT: 1-2sec)".

Most players (excpet players who mainly uses RK, RG or other tanky classes), has 100-150 base VIT. That 4-5 seconds is still really long and enough to kill a class that isn't as tanky as RKs and RGs.

I'd like to suggest that instead of making it heavily VIT based, why not give it a fix duration with the same chance of activation? A 2-second hold I think would be most appropriate since the skill has a not-so-long cooldown and can be semi-spammed.
————————
Any thoughts or feedbacks on this is very much appreciated.

P.S. Sorry for the long, very simple post. I mainly use mobile for forums.

Sources:

https://forums.warpportal.com/index.php?/topic/96004-sorcerers-guide-to-sorcerery-under-construction/

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Magnetic_Earth

http://www.gatheringro.ch/_forum/index.php?/topic/48532-skill-balancings-updates/

1 hour ago, Koxy said:

its easy to counter Sorc. Just use SC.

I know how to counter them 'cause I use both jobs, Sorcerer and mainly SC; this post isn't about countering nor I've mentioned anything about such.

That would make the duration entirely custom (no more reduction possible). If that is what you guys want, I guess we could implement it.

Its little bit unfair since i played Sorc for long time and it get nerf too many time compared to other Job/hmm

2 hours ago, Koxy said:

Its little bit unfair since i played Sorc for long time and it get nerf too many time compared to other Job/hmm

I feel you since I main Sorcerer before I went to SC, but still using Sorcerer as a sub-character. If you try to look closely, there are a few things why it needs changes/fixes. If you can understand what my post is all about you'll notice that I'm not all talking about nerfs, well maybe a little on the Crystallizatuon stuff. But that's with my general obersvation on the class. If squishy classes (i.e. WL, Sorcerer, AB, Ranger etc.) go against a Sorcer, they'll be dead with one success on Crystallization since they don't have that much base VIT to start with and that leads them to about 2-5 seconds of hopelessness.

However, that's only my opinion. Feel free to share if you have something better in mind.  /ok 

16 hours ago, Rayleigh said:

That would make the duration entirely custom (no more reduction possible). If that is what you guys want, I guess we could implement it.

If majority would agree on this, then why not? Hehe. /no1

12 hours ago, D e M o N said:

How about official settings? :D

I hope you'd get raped hopelessly for 10 seconds or more by a Sorcerer if that's the case. That'd be absolutely fun. :rolleyes:

14 hours ago, Gelo said:

I hope you'd get raped hopelessly for 10 seconds or more by a Sorcerer if that's the case. That'd be absolutely fun. :rolleyes:

As long as it's you doing the raping, I won't fight back. /slur

Let just stick the official. Its no need to custom it since not many playing sorc nowdays. And its easy to disable sorc using any jobs.

On 1/27/2017 at 3:44 AM, D e M o N said:

As long as it's you doing the raping, I won't fight back. /slur

'Ya always makin' me stone haaaaard.

Anyway, I'm sure you have notice Sorcerer's magics goes through LP. Any comments with this?

2 hours ago, Gelo said:

'Ya always makin' me stone haaaaard.

Anyway, I'm sure you have notice Sorcerer's magics goes through LP. Any comments with this?

It was supposedly a bug? But it seems it still hasn't been fixed yet.

On 1/26/2017 at 3:51 PM, raphaelluigi said:

can i join? /ok

No, but you can film it. /no1