Sign in to follow this  
raphaelluigi

Masquerade should be blocked by GTB

Making masquerade unblocked by GTB makes imbalance since there is no way of blocking it now. Breakers will definitely die upon arriving on the emperium because SC's can eat them alive, and also, will make them force to use their fist when breaking.

@Everade How come Masquerade now affects players even while wearing GTB?

Is this an official update? If so, an army of Shadow chasers will dominate WoE, PvP, and BG. /sob

WoE, PvP, and BG will now be a game of who can cast Masquerade first.

@raphaelluigi +1 Sir!

You would reject this gift, oh mighty D e M o n?

Just kidding, of course. The rAthena devs have fixed this issue as it indeed seems to be officially possible to masquerade players wearing GTB. I believe most players have noticed by now that this change pretty much upsets the balance in our BGs (and will do so in WoE, if left as it is). I don't have anything against SCs controling fights, for they were meant to do so, as long as it does not blow the scope of our framework for an enjoyable PVP experience. This, however, seems to be the case at the moment. Consequently, this change will be reverted as soon as possible (probably before WoE). I am glad that even Shadow Chasers agree with this.

1 hour ago, Rayleigh said:

You would reject this gift, oh mighty D e M o n?

Just kidding, of course. The rAthena devs have fixed this issue as it indeed seems to be officially possible to masquerade players wearing GTB. I believe most players have noticed by now that this change pretty much upsets the balance in our BGs (and will do so in WoE, if left as it is). I don't have anything against SCs controling fights, for they were meant to do so, as long as it does not blow the scope of our framework for an enjoyable PVP experience. This, however, seems to be the case at the moment. Consequently, this change will be reverted as soon as possible (probably before WoE). I am glad that even Shadow Chasers agree with this.

While I would like being able to use Masquerade on everyone, this also means

that WoE, PvP, and BG becomes a game of who can cast Masquerade first.