D e M o N

Battle Ground Players That DO NOT Participate

I would just like to make the GM Staff aware that there are players who join battle grounds but do not participate.

Some players just stand around casting skills so that they cannot be kicked by @reportAFK. There are also players

who joinbg but do not help and just walk around the battle ground arena doing nothing.

If anyone else has experience this, please share your feedback here.

Thank you.

Can you really ban or reprimand people for just walking around in BG? I mean, at best, it would be frowned upon by the community, but I don't see how those players are actually breaking any rules (unless someone can cite a specific rule that's being broken).

I've been on the receiving end of this though, wanted my 5 wins but some people only joined to get BG to start for their friends and they have no interest to fight at all. I didn't like it, but I also had a gist of the rules to think that it wasn't illegal.

And me not liking something someone is doing isn't enough grounds to get someone reprimanded / banned.

well if I see my teammates at BG that is totally afk im just gonna let the enemy win no point. LMAO. even if u tried /heh

20 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Can you really ban or reprimand people for just walking around in BG? I mean, at best, it would be frowned upon by the community, but I don't see how those players are actually breaking any rules (unless someone can cite a specific rule that's being broken).

I've been on the receiving end of this though, wanted my 5 wins but some people only joined to get BG to start for their friends and they have no interest to fight at all. I didn't like it, but I also had a gist of the rules to think that it wasn't illegal.

And me not liking something someone is doing isn't enough grounds to get someone reprimanded / banned.

Maybe it's not against the rules, but It's frustrating. Specially if you are the only person on your team that is making an effort to win.

Players like that shouldn't be able to join BG events if they are not going to participate.

11 minutes ago, LKshaye said:

well if I see my teammates at BG that is totally afk im just gonna let the enemy win no point. LMAO. even if u tried /heh

You should kill them first if they joinbg again and they are not on your team. /heh

If doing nothing in BG (or intentionally losing) was not against the rules, the @reportafk command would also be illegal as it is specifically aimed at removing such players from the BG.

There is no way for us to stop such behavior but that does not mean it isn't a transgression. Please report such players with screenshots so that I can take action against them. I haven't discussed this with the rest of the GM team but I am sure they will agree that players who intentionally harm the gaming experience of others deserve a punishment.

Though, I guess the game itself is also to blame as it doesn't provide a way for friends to join the same team.

1 hour ago, Rayleigh said:

Though, I guess the game itself is also to blame as it doesn't provide a way for friends to join the same team.

Please no. It'll be no fun at all if all OP players join together as one team and would completely, absolutely lead to badge farming.

Erundek states in our official BG rules that any kind of badge farming is prohibited.
It doesn't matter for what silly reason they might be doing it, the rules are clear... no abusing in any kind of way.

I will not hesitate to permanently ban abusers if they exaggerate their "luck".

Please report abusers accordingly in our "My Player Reports" section which includes screenshots.

21 minutes ago, Everade said:

Erundek states in our official BG rules that any kind of badge farming is prohibited.
It doesn't matter for what silly reason they might be doing it, the rules are clear... no abusing in any kind of way.

Please report abusers accordingly in our "My Player Reports" section which includes screenshots.

So gRO is exclusive for kids aged around 18 below? Not for adults who have been working the entire week trying to get some badges even on office hours? Wish, I could get my youth back.

1 hour ago, Everade said:

Except probably everybody (that actually plays) has helped newbies, friends, guildmates, online hubbies, waifus and their mothers in BG in some sort of way. Does this mean that majority of the server is subject to a permanent ban? Sounds drastic.

I don't know, I understand that it is inconvenient that many players afk against the will of their own teammates and throw the match and just afk, but at the same time, it feels weird that players aren't allowed to help their guildies and friends or just random newbies who want a chance at 5 wins because it can be abused. But just threatening everyone with ban for helping their friends also feels weird to me. Eh.

/wah Just my opinion though, I know I'm too new to complain about how stuff works. Lmao. *runs*

It's really not that hard to understand.
There are people who're trying to enjoy certain things.
Playing against idle players or having them in your own team isn't fun.

It's also considered AFK-farming which has always been forbidden, doesn't matter where when nor how.

If you're not capable to play Battlegrounds like a normal human being, don't join.

I might implement an automated system with a ninja update to catch abusers.
I've done this in the past, which blocked quite a few players from certain features entirely (Horror Toy Factory) and further permanent account debuffs.