Hersheys

Shouldn't 100 Hard MDEF give Frozen Immunity?

Question

20 answers to this question

I thought I had made myself very clear. We use official resistance times 2. If you need 100 of a stat (Primary or Substat) to become immune on kRO, you will need 2 times the amount on gRO. Naturally, this applies to Hard MDEF as well (it is a substat). Why else would I have replied with this information in a topic about frozen immunity via hard MDEF?

Furthermore, I believe replies like "let us apply this to X as well" also miss the core message given. The condition I mentioned is a global one. It should already affect immunity via VIT resistance (Poison, Stun..). Don't forget that immunity with primary stats usually takes into account additional stats as well (150+54 VIT = immune).

As for burning, I believe luk reduces the duration (as with Frozen status). However, take this information with a grain of salt. Burning immunity via equips is currently bugged on rAthena and it is reasonable to believe that resistance via stats is also not entirely working. 

Magma Eruption and Demonic Fire will have their burning duration reduced, in case these are the skills you were trying to resist.

11 hours ago, Rayleigh said:

We use official resistance times 2. Every stat that requires 100 will require 200 instead.

5 hours ago, Hersheys said:

Ohh /no1

To Ray and Kat

Hard MDef comes from equips/cards, not from Stats (Stats give SOFT Mdef).

Which means, it 100 -HARD- MDef should give immunity to frozen status

2 hours ago, D e M o N said:

To Ray and Kat

He already answered it, its doubled because of the fact that we're a high rate server.

14 hours ago, Rayleigh said:

We use official resistance times 2. Every stat that requires 100 will require 200 instead.

The real question here is, what is the stats that reduces Burning duration? iRO wiki doesnt even mention it. Or we can make this a custom?

15 hours ago, Rayleigh said:

I think we should apply this too to status ailments like poison, stun etc., since these can be resisted by having 100 VIT only which is the same with the official calculation.

10 minutes ago, raphaelluigi said:

I think we should apply this too to status ailments like poison, stun etc., since these can be resisted by having 100 VIT only which is the same with the official calculation.

Yes +1! Resistance please :D

1 hour ago, leaphar said:

He already answered it, its doubled because of the fact that we're a high rate server.

I am well aware that he answered it already, if you didn't notice, I quoted him in my reply.

I'm not sure that that x2 official rate of resistances also applies to Hard MDef as items on the server are mostly official and only give the same Hard MDef rate.

It isn't the same as resistances based on stats because max stats on gRO is 200, on official servers it is 120 only. For that reason, I can see why resistances are x2 the official rate. Does it really apply to Hard Mdef as well even though item on gRO are mostly official items?

10 minutes ago, D e M o N said:

I am well aware that he answered it already, if you didn't notice, I quoted him in my reply.

I'm not sure that that x2 official rate of resistances also applies to Hard MDef as items on the server are mostly official and only give the same Hard MDef rate.

It isn't the same as resistances based on stats because max stats on gRO is 200, on official servers it is 120 only. For that reason, I can see why resistances are x2 the official rate. Does it really apply to Hard Mdef as well even though item on gRO are mostly official items?

I feel you bro :D

1 hour ago, Rayleigh said:

Furthermore, I believe replies like "let us apply this to X as well" also miss the core message given. The condition I mentioned is a global one. It should already affect immunity via VIT resistance (Poison, Stun..). Don't forget that immunity with primary stats usually takes into account additional stats as well (150+54 VIT = immune).

I have tested a few months ago that having a 100 VIT (stat+equip bonus) will make you immune to poison, as you can see a lot of players have also observed this that is why they are also commenting, and I fully understood about the core message that you had given. But anyway, I tested it again now, 200 vit is needed now to resist poison from the former 100 vit stat, it seems that it has been changed recently so I think this is a positive change for gRO.

I thought I had made myself very clear. We use official resistance times 2. If you need 100 of a stat (Primary or Substat) to become immune on kRO, you will need 2 times the amount on gRO. Naturally, this applies to Hard MDEF as well (it is a substat). Why else would I have replied with this information in a topic about frozen immunity via hard MDEF?

As for burning, I believe luk reduces the duration (as with Frozen status). However, take this information with a grain of salt. Burning immunity via equips is currently bugged on rAthena and it is reasonable to believe that resistance via stats is also not entirely working. 

Magma Eruption and Demonic Fire will have their burning duration reduced, in case these are the skills you were trying to resist.

That explains why I get a different duration from enemy using banaspaty card and a mechanic using Magma Eruption

On 4/24/2017 at 4:37 AM, D e M o N said:

To Ray and Kat

@Rayleigh, maybe we can retain the 100 HARD MDef immunity to frozen at the cost of lowering Nebula Aura Mdef bonus to 15~20 instead of the current 35 + removing the MDef bonuses from Emperium and WOE sets as well as new BG sets? This would make Brynhild, Aspirika and Sleipnir better than these sets.

This might as well reduce the price of Rainbow Sash since people would now prefer a 15~20% frozen resitance than a +5 all stats overpriced item.

Please take a look at this suggestion.

That doesn't sound like a good idea. There are many custom items that add mdef and we would have to balance all of them. Right now you can get 100 Mdef with Maya Helm and Nebula alone. Try to get 200 using this base. 

Besides, I am not even sure if your desired change is possible. As I said, it is a global condition.

Even if it's only 100 Hard MDEF though, you wouldn't be able to use a Tao, or it would be impossible to reach 100 via equips alone. Tao halves your Hard MDEF. So people pursuing a 100 Hard MDEF with Maya Helm and Nebula with Gibbet card (halved to 50 Hard MDEF) won't be able to use a Tao. Which would be the same as wearing a Marc card on your armor, no Tao. I think the highest you can get with equips is around 160 Hard MDEF. But once you wear a Tao, that gets halved to 80, and by then, you're already sacrificing everything for Hard MDEF equips. You might as well just wear a Marc card and use the other equips for whatever you desire than focus on Frozen resistance. I think one main thing that people desire for Frozen resistance is to be able to wear a Tao and be immune to Frozen, but you can't reach 100 Hard MDEF that way anyways.

21 hours ago, Hersheys said:

I just opened Pandora's box over here /heh

YES YOU DID!! /slur

11 hours ago, Hersheys said:

Even if it's only 100 Hard MDEF though, you wouldn't be able to use a Tao, or it would be impossible to reach 100 via equips alone. Tao halves your Hard MDEF. So people pursuing a 100 Hard MDEF with Maya Helm and Nebula with Gibbet card (halved to 50 Hard MDEF) won't be able to use a Tao. Which would be the same as wearing a Marc card on your armor, no Tao. I think the highest you can get with equips is around 160 Hard MDEF. But once you wear a Tao, that gets halved to 80, and by then, you're already sacrificing everything for Hard MDEF equips. You might as well just wear a Marc card and use the other equips for whatever you desire than focus on Frozen resistance. I think one main thing that people desire for Frozen resistance is to be able to wear a Tao and be immune to Frozen, but you can't reach 100 Hard MDEF that way anyways.

+1 /heh

11 hours ago, Hersheys said:

Wait, last time the script was -50 def and mdef not 50% def and mdef? Is it different again?

That doesn't sound like a good idea. There are many custom items that add mdef and we would have to balance all of them. Right now you can get 100 Mdef with Maya Helm and Nebula alone. Try to get 200 using this base. 

Besides, I am not even sure if your desired change is possible. As I said, it is a global condition.

As what Hersheys said, you cant get 100 MDef while wearing Tao.