Jump to content
Aii

Soul Expansion Damage

Recommended Posts

Why till now this skill still OP as ever, no cast,spammable like hell, and many boosts.

IMO this skill need some adjustment, too much damage, if you said this skill easy to counter, then u need to try playing class w/o shield, then u will realize it.

1-3 SE then u are died, even using tao u still wont last more than 5s.

it has been some times, but still no adjustment for this skill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Aii said:

Why till now this skill still OP as ever, no cast,spammable like hell, and many boosts.

IMO this skill need some adjustment, too much damage, if you said this skill easy to counter, then u need to try playing class w/o shield, then u will realize it.

1-3 SE then u are died, even using tao u still wont last more than 5s.

it has been some times, but still no adjustment for this skill.

Warlocks are squishy, if you are trying to play a class without a shield then learn to bring a shield w/ Maya lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, leaphar said:

Warlocks are squishy, if you are trying to play a class without a shield then learn to bring a shield w/ Maya lol

Yep, warlocks pretty have a very low hp even with 200vit. This is how a magic class is made, squishy but powerful.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like I said dont say WL is squishy, but u never try to play class w/o shield, u can say u can use maya, but how can u fight w/o ur weapon? even u run with maya on, mostly u still get killed w/o doing anything.

SE damage dealt is bigger than reflected one, so just need 1-2 hit to kill, even it reflected still likely will dead first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warlocks are meant to be Glass Cannon. Although I hear your complain. It's been an issue for some warlocks to dish out 500~1m damage per Soul Expansion but that requires a lot of strong items and buffs. I remember this was already reported a long time ago with the same response that WL's are born to deal big damage but die easily if you wear Maya or you can atleast zap that 300k~500k hp from them. I agree that you need to wear shield in order to survive against a WL SE spammer, because if no shield, it will translate to death. But I'm still hoping if they can atleast lower the damage tho I think its not possibile with all the counter arguments presented above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yet when a certain dry Ranger was able to dish out 500k~1m dmg, people were up in arms calling for a nerf (and it was given accordingly, to some extent). It needs a little nerf, come on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Yet when a certain dry Ranger was able to dish out 500k~1m dmg, people were up in arms calling for a nerf (and it was given accordingly, to some extent). It needs a little nerf, come on.

The actual nerf for that SS damage is yet to be done in the upcoming update. There were at least 2 ninja update-nerfs for it though /heh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Hersheys said:

The actual nerf for that SS damage is yet to be done in the upcoming update. There were at least 2 ninja update-nerfs for it though /heh

Hahaha right on with those ninja updates. /heh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tuna said:

Yet when a certain dry Ranger was able to dish out 500k~1m dmg, people were up in arms calling for a nerf (and it was given accordingly, to some extent). It needs a little nerf, come on.

 

+1 to this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Warlock is the easiest job to counter tho. 
What we need to fix for warlock is the marsh of abyss.
It should be counter by GTB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, back then Ranger are easier to counter tho than Warlock yet Ranger get some nerf.

WL deserve some slight nerf on SE just like ranger SS nerf back then.

Ultimately, its GM/Admin decision to make or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2017 at 1:12 AM, Chingu said:

Warlock is the easiest job to counter tho. 
What we need to fix for warlock is the marsh of abyss.
It should be counter by GTB

I disagree, Marsh of Abyss is a unique debuff that goes through GTB just like Minstrel's Harmonize.

But I suggest adding a cooldown for that skill since it's really annoying having to have unlimited slow-debuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gelo said:

I disagree, Marsh of Abyss is a unique debuff that goes through GTB just like Minstrel's Harmonize.

But I suggest adding a cooldown for that skill since it's really annoying having to have unlimited slow-debuff.

+1 sir!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Telikenesis and Gioia are the main problem here. The official values of these skills are simply ridiculous and it appears even in their current balanced form they enable Warlocks with decent gear to literally one-shot either the enemy or themselves. Soul expansion by itself is not particularly strong so decreasing its damage would only hurt newbies. Maybe I can tweak Telikenesis/Gioia a little while boosting AoE Warlock skills to compensate for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AoE? Hm, like Comet! /heh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Hersheys said:

AoE? Hm, like Comet! /heh

I believe its Stormgust and Lord of Vermillion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be able to deal that kind of damage needs expensive boosts like gioia and maybe ent/naght too but that means no unfro and no cloaking. its for you to exploit those disadvantages, and you should do a lot of switchings too and not just rely on a single set of eqs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2017 at 4:57 AM, Rayleigh said:

I think Telikenesis and Gioia are the main problem here. The official values of these skills are simply ridiculous and it appears even in their current balanced form they enable Warlocks with decent gear to literally one-shot either the enemy or themselves. Soul expansion by itself is not particularly strong so decreasing its damage would only hurt newbies. Maybe I can tweak Telikenesis/Gioia a little while boosting AoE Warlock skills to compensate for that.

Add to the skill damage boost the 2 elvira cards (+14% damage increase in total) + naght sieger card (+30% damage boost) = evaporates none shield wielder characters (archers, gunslingers) /wah

 

Just for fun: make the current damage to official one so that one reflect can kill them too (Jokeeeeee!!!!!!!!! /gawi)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think WL is fine as is. It can be countered so easily, which kills them, so I don't see a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Magic users in most games are usually the one that deals the highest DPS and Burst Damage and are usually the weakest, squishiest and the easiest class to counter.

I really don't know why complain about this class. I've stated in my replies to most thread-like-this that classes has pros and cons (except maybe for RGs. And yes, I really hate RGs cause they're beasts :P ). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×