Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Aketsu

Current events

Recommended Posts

I think the drop of the current events should get some improvements...it's ridicolous to always get evil boss fragment at belphe/werewolf (on the 1st days I was always getting better drops, doing the same dmg...), it is also ridicolous that we got this "captain kid event in the hell pvp" and everytime I got the box I find items like:

chemical protection scroll????

aspersio scroll???

 

wtf.

totally disappointed.

 

A new player that keep on playing and get like nothing from anything will sadly quit. I'm on my way for it tbh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aketsu said:

I think the drop of the current events should get some improvements...it's ridicolous to always get evil boss fragment at belphe/werewolf (on the 1st days I was always getting better drops, doing the same dmg...), it is also ridicolous that we got this "captain kid event in the hell pvp" and everytime I got the box I find items like:

chemical protection scroll????

aspersio scroll???

 

wtf.

totally disappointed.

 

A new player that keep on playing and get like nothing from anything will sadly quit. I'm on my way for it tbh

I do agree that the " captain kid event " does require some improvement.

Also the fact that it drops at exactly 3minutes right after the annoucement. (So most players wil just walk in for the last 10secs)

I wonder if it's possible to make that captain kid spawn in a random spot~ So whoever talks to him 1st wil get the treasure box. (Because people already know that 1 spot.. and they will just spam every skill like, manhole,thorn traps etc etc in 1 certain spot for their own benefit. 

So +1 for the better drop + random timing for the drop + random place :P

As for the WB events, i think it's mainly to keep our economy in balance~ This is why i try to suggest stuffs for Bg,crystal mine and special invadings. Just to give people choice to choose what they feel to do daily in our server. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree but right now the economy need an improvement, we need to make zeny "worth", I mean nobody is selling good stuffs for zeny because they don't need zeny...

so make zeny "usable" and "needed" also for good/pro players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The world bosses aren't meant to drop good things every time for obvious reasons, such as people farming the bosses until they got everything and then be done with it, leaving the bosses to have less and less people hunting them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's going to be an extremely long time. Imagine if you get one Shadow Gear from the WB. You need to upgrade it +7 to +9 to just begin to get it's full effects. They're supposed to give effects up to +15 if in a set. You won't get a Shadow Box every WB. And you get to do that only 3x per day. If you're at work, you'll miss them and might only get to do 1 or 2 a day. And even if you did get a box, it's random if you can get the right Shadow Gear from that box. There's even different types of Shadow Boxes and some won't have the Shadow Gear you want. You'll need about 10 to 15 of the same Shadow Gear just to hopefully get one to +9. Imagine how many you'll need if you wanted to get one to +15. And the past few days people have noticed that they've only been getting Evil Boss Frags from the WB events.

I think that's the thoughts of the topic starter. As for me, the WB.. the Shadow Gear I want.. I won't even bother upgrading them to +7 and such since I only have one of each and it's been weeks and I haven't gotten a spare of the ones I liked lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Aketsu said:

I agree but right now the economy need an improvement, we need to make zeny "worth", I mean nobody is selling good stuffs for zeny because they don't need zeny...

so make zeny "usable" and "needed" also for good/pro players

This seems to be familiar with the Mithril Worth back then. It's just getting a vice versa nowdays. Right now here we are again. haha~ Lets hope for the best /lv

Edited by Yzobel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sissney said:

The world bosses aren't meant to drop good things every time for obvious reasons, such as people farming the bosses until they got everything and then be done with it, leaving the bosses to have less and less people hunting them.

 

i agree with sissney! There is the point right there ^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd agree with these points:

 

9 hours ago, Khaii said:

I do agree that the " captain kid event " does require some improvement.

Also the fact that it drops at exactly 3minutes right after the annoucement. (So most players wil just walk in for the last 10secs)

I wonder if it's possible to make that captain kid spawn in a random spot~ So whoever talks to him 1st wil get the treasure box. (Because people already know that 1 spot.. and they will just spam every skill like, manhole,thorn traps etc etc in 1 certain spot for their own benefit. 

So +1 for the better drop + random timing for the drop + random place :P

As for the WB events, i think it's mainly to keep our economy in balance~ This is why i try to suggest stuffs for Bg,crystal mine and special invadings. Just to give people choice to choose what they feel to do daily in our server. :P

+1 for this that it should be random place and random time. Also maybe adjust the time so it would not be before some of the WB spawns?

Also would like an update on Crystal Mine, Comodo Digging, and Goldring Field. I made some suggestions for these.

 

8 hours ago, Aketsu said:

I agree but right now the economy need an improvement, we need to make zeny "worth", I mean nobody is selling good stuffs for zeny because they don't need zeny...

so make zeny "usable" and "needed" also for good/pro players

One problem why Zeny is inflated and the economy stagnant is that most end equipment are account bound - Emp Set and BG Set would be a great example.

These could be only obtained by your own hard work (which is good for newbies and such) but it hurts the economy that it makes all other options sub-optimal,

so one trades for them except some really good equips like Bryn[1].

This results to the economy only revolving mainly around MVPs and Costumes.

 

Though I understand why the tradeabilityof these items were restricted - to prevent abuse, maybe there's another work-around on that?

 

7 hours ago, Sissney said:

The world bosses aren't meant to drop good things every time for obvious reasons, such as people farming the bosses until they got everything and then be done with it, leaving the bosses to have less and less people hunting them.

 

Though it's utterly frustrating to get nothing but frags (4 days straight for me before getting something good last night), I totally agree.

But I also agree with:

2 hours ago, Hersheys said:

That's going to be an extremely long time. Imagine if you get one Shadow Gear from the WB. You need to upgrade it +7 to +9 to just begin to get it's full effects. They're supposed to give effects up to +15. You won't get a Shadow Box every WB. And you get to do that only 3x per day. If you're at work, you'll miss them and might only get to do 1 or 2 a day. And even if you did get a box, it's random if you can get the right Shadow Gear from that box. There's even different types of Shadow Boxes and some won't have the Shadow Gear you want. You'll need about 10 to 15 of the same Shadow Gear just to hopefully get one to +9. Imagine how many you'll need if you wanted to get one to +15. And the past few days people have noticed that they've only been getting Evil Boss Frags from the WB events.

I think that's the thoughts of the topic starter. As for me, the WB.. the Shadow Gear I want.. I won't even bother upgrading them to +7 and such since I only have one of each and it's been weeks and I haven't gotten a spare of the ones I liked lol

The main problems are - how hard it is to get them and how hard it is to refine them.

These could be remedied by:

First, making shadow equips available through other means like on Khai's suggestion that it be included in WB.

Second, either bump up the refine rates for these or make certs and ores useable to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/27/2017 at 1:20 AM, Gale Windscar said:

Second, either bump up the refine rates for these or make certs and ores useable to them.

I made a similar suggestion before already about refine rates (but not specifically just about Shadow Gear) being low. Everade answered that they're fine.. that they're higher than official. My other thread about making Shadow Gear upgradable via Refine Certs haven't gotten traction at all. Safe to say both suggestions are for sure a 'No'

Another solution is to be just content with what Shadow Gear you get. The upgrade bonuses are very low anyways. It's a 1% to a +1 difference for most from +7 to +9. It's unrealistic to even bother to get any sets to a total +15. Can you imagine, as an example, how many White Wing suits (a common Anubis drop) it takes to even get one to +9? You'll need an inordinate amount of the same Shadow Gear and Enriched Elu/Ori to just do that. Come to think of it, it's also unrealistic for even just regular equipment, to expect all your gear to be +9 unless you do Daily Quests a lot (which is a huge chore), so lol just be content with +4s on all your Shadow Gears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hersheys said:

I made a similar suggestion before already about refine rates (but not specifically just about Shadow Gear) being low. Everade answered that they're fine.. that they're higher than official. My other thread about making Shadow Gear upgradable via Refine Certs haven't gotten traction at all. Safe to say both suggestions are for sure a 'No'

Another solution is to be just content with what Shadow Gear you get. The upgrade bonuses are very low anyways. It's a 1% to a +1 difference for most from +7 to +9. It's unrealistic to even bother to get any to +15. Can you imagine, as an example, how many White Wing suits (a common Anubis drop) it takes to even get one to +14? You'll need an inordinate amount of the same Shadow Gear and Enriched Elu/Ori to just do that. Come to think of it, it's also unrealistic for even just regular equipment, to expect all your gear to be +13, so lol just be content with +4s on all your Shadow Gears.

Yeah, I just got lucky with my +7 Soul Pendant. Every other Shadow Gear I attempted to refine broke on +5 and +6.

And I concur, I've hunted nearly 200+ WWSuit hoping for a +9, guess what, all broke. I'd also like to bring this up how many of the new items and for those about to come, that have bonuses depending their refine rates, as RO is generally taking that direction. As of now, the example of these are some Headgears we have, Immune Shield, Mad Bunny, Giant Faceworm Skin (arguably, since the come pre-refined), etc.

In other servers these are easier to find these with high refine rates because of two main reasons:

1. that there are more players in those servers and thus the supply of these items are high enough to warrant the risks of breaking them.

2. It is easier to get hold of Enriched and HD ores and they are tradeable. Though blessed ores are extremely good in this sense, still doesn't really affect that much.

 

Well, this is going off-topic and I'll stop here and save this up for a future suggestion :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sissney said:

The world bosses aren't meant to drop good things every time for obvious reasons, such as people farming the bosses until they got everything and then be done with it, leaving the bosses to have less and less people hunting them.

 

I think you may agree that after the boss got an improvement the drops are rly worst than before...

and if I'm right the last update was to help the new people to get some good gears! (look at the chance of getting also a nigthmare doing boss events)

now the mvps are stronger, and this is not helping a lot, and the drops are worst. So the initial intend just failed.

 

beside this, I think you all always forget that this is an "high rate server" where people play also because they don't have too much time to invest ingame. I'm not saying I want "all and now", I can work hard for it but I need to get some achievement from my hard work, and sometimes on this server this srsly don't happen. As @Hersheys says, and telling my example, I'm working all the day, I come back home and can kill 2x world bosses (20.20 belphegor and 23.30 werewolf) and idd that's not gms' fault xD but if I'm usually not able, even if my gears are not that bad same as my dmg, to get a decent equip killing those bosses I will just quit it, as I already did... wasting 20 minutes to kill a belphegor or a werewolf to get almost nothing it's just a waste of time, and srsly I don't have time. wich is the main reason that made me choose an high rate and not a mid-rate or whatever. I rly believe this server has high potentials but if we don't help people to get decent gears, make their work worth something, make zeny worth something they will get an hard time here and if they are not rly "ro addicted" (like me) they will simply quit and leave us with always the same ppl hanging around.

I took here 5 friends that were playing ro with me since years, they also dont' have much time to play, they were playing some days, then they quitted. Just as example.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aketsu said:

I think you may agree that after the boss got an improvement the drops are rly worst than before...

and if I'm right the last update was to help the new people to get some good gears! (look at the chance of getting also a nigthmare doing boss events)

now the mvps are stronger, and this is not helping a lot, and the drops are worst. So the initial intend just failed.

 

beside this, I think you all always forget that this is an "high rate server" where people play also because they don't have too much time to invest ingame. I'm not saying I want "all and now", I can work hard for it but I need to get some achievement from my hard work, and sometimes on this server this srsly don't happen. As @Hersheys says, and telling my example, I'm working all the day, I come back home and can kill 2x world bosses (20.20 belphegor and 23.30 werewolf) and idd that's not gms' fault xD but if I'm usually not able, even if my gears are not that bad same as my dmg, to get a decent equip killing those bosses I will just quit it, as I already did... wasting 20 minutes to kill a belphegor or a werewolf to get almost nothing it's just a waste of time, and srsly I don't have time. wich is the main reason that made me choose an high rate and not a mid-rate or whatever. I rly believe this server has high potentials but if we don't help people to get decent gears, make their work worth something, make zeny worth something they will get an hard time here and if they are not rly "ro addicted" (like me) they will simply quit and leave us with always the same ppl hanging around.

I took here 5 friends that were playing ro with me since years, they also dont' have much time to play, they were playing some days, then they quitted. Just as example.

 

First, the WB update was a success. The drops are waaaay better and newbies can easily join the event with minimal/decent gears and is guaranteed to get something.

Though I understand your concern of not getting anything except fragments - I experienced a 4 day drought (took 60+ WBs to get a Mad Bunny).Sissney's point is that, the drop rate can't just be bumped up as when players get what they want from it, they will stop coming. And who will tank these menacing world bosses when all the RGs are "done" with it? Have you seen a spawn where there was only rangers? It was gruesome.

 

Second, Everade has explained this once - RMS classifies gRO as High Rate because of the EXP rates. But as you can see on the Server Info page and experience in-game. This server is more like Mid-High rate with its dynamic rates - which made it appealing. While I also understand you and disagree with some of the choices made for the server, I believe that the direction the server is taking is for the better. Keep in mind that I also am someone who has little time to play as I work in a corporate setting (minimum of 8 hours at work not including travel time).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that the WB update was a success, I loved it. But the improvement of the boss after 1 week and the worst drops made it a bit more loved than before xD

is not like in the begin I was dropping ALL!!! You take it too much from a side where u drop nothing on another side where u drop all...I'm talking about a half way...like it was on the begin.

I was able always to get at least 1 evil boss frag, 1 bloody branch, 1 obsidian and got 1 time a mad bunny shield, 1 time a shadow gear box. That's all. And I was happy with that XD

 

We should not think about: oh we are not so many... let's find a way so that our royal guards will never get ALL They need so they can tank for us. This is totally a wrong thought. The server wont  have many players thinking like this. I don't agree that u can kill that mvp without any gear. Belphegor deal enough area dmg, if you don't have decent gears you will die a lot and probably u will deal not enough dmg to get anything, or anything good from the chest. Not helping.

 

I think I've been missunderstood, I'm not doing any critic to how to server is being organized by gms, they are doing an awesome work, but I think we, as community + gm can do a better work. That's why I like khai's suggestions, they are an half way to make ppl that already play happy and to help the new guys.

I'm asking everyone else the same, to not stay on your mind of player that "know how to play" and "know how to make money" ecc. ecc.

 

For me the server is totally fine, but I'm not thinking about me, I'm thinking about all the new players that will be mad and not rly play a lot or simply quit. But well seems like most of you don't understand this or just don't care and are happy to play bg 2 vs 2 or woe on the last 30 minutes with 30-40 ppl.

And don't forget, I'm not talking only about the world boss events, I'm just suggesting to improve things (specially for kid captain chest) or at least to make them as they were right after the update (specially for world bosses)

Hope you got what I mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hm so I guess return the item chances from during it's first week it was implemented, but keep the HP and resist boost of the World Bosses of today, is what you mean? Unless... the 2 are tied in together... like now that they're boosted, you won't deal as much damage and will therefore not get the rarer items.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hersheys said:

Hm so I guess return the item chances from during it's first week it was implemented, but keep the HP and resist boost of the World Bosses of today, is what you mean? Unless... the 2 are tied in together... like now that they're boosted, you won't deal as much damage and will therefore not get the rarer items.

this post is not related only to the WB event, but to all the event. As someone else suggested also the invasion event most of the time give useless stuffs.

for the WB I suggest to bring it like it was on the begin, to increase maybe HP of the bosses but not their strenght/resistance. So that ppl can get some extra drops, at least bloody branches ecc. U can still keep rare eggs/boxes, but normal drops should be like before.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Aketsu said:

(1)We should not think about: oh we are not so many... let's find a way so that our royal guards will never get ALL They need so they can tank for us. This is totally a wrong thought. The server wont  have many players thinking like this. I don't agree that u can kill that mvp without any gear. Belphegor deal enough area dmg, if you don't have decent gears you will die a lot and probably u will deal not enough dmg to get anything, or anything good from the chest. Not helping.

 

(2)I think I've been missunderstood, I'm not doing any critic to how to server is being organized by gms, they are doing an awesome work, but I think we, as community + gm can do a better work. That's why I like khai's suggestions, they are an half way to make ppl that already play happy and to help the new guys.

I'm asking everyone else the same, to not stay on your mind of player that "know how to play" and "know how to make money" ecc. ecc.

 

(3)For me the server is totally fine, but I'm not thinking about me, I'm thinking about all the new players that will be mad and not rly play a lot or simply quit. But well seems like most of you don't understand this or just don't care and are happy to play bg 2 vs 2 or woe on the last 30 minutes with 30-40 ppl.

(4)And don't forget, I'm not talking only about the world boss events, I'm just suggesting to improve things (specially for kid captain chest) or at least to make them as they were right after the update (specially for world bosses)

Hope you got what I mean.

(1) I never said they should never get everything. What I said in my statement is that the experience shouldn't be rushed at all or else it would be counter-productive and only the new players will be left doing consistent world bosses. And that wouldn't do great.

The point is it's part of the mechanic that make people go back to doing WB plus a little bit of luck. And that iirc, there was no official announcement that the rewards were updated only the MVPs updated.

+ I can vouch that newbies can easily join in the event (arguably). With Ranger being the most popular choice for newbies and with helpful players in-game, it's not hard. But this may be a case to case basis, what I can suggest is that (if possible) WB be given the same algorithm that WoE uses for newbies - making it easier for them to be eligible (not better rewards per se) for a certain period of time (days maybe?)

(2) I never said that you were criticizing the GMs. And discussions like this are most often than not good to hear out each and everyone's thoughts - just like now. Only that there some things in this server that some of us are not okay with and some of us are okay with, if you get my drift.

(3) If you look closely, the server is heading towards a newbie-oriented path. With the implementation of Emp Fragment System, Daily Quest from Adventure Guild, ET Revamp and now World Boss.

11 hours ago, Hersheys said:

Hm so I guess return the item chances from during it's first week it was implemented, but keep the HP and resist boost of the World Bosses of today, is what you mean? Unless... the 2 are tied in together... like now that they're boosted, you won't deal as much damage and will therefore not get the rarer items.

This may have been the case in which case I would upvote this suggestion by Aketsu:

9 hours ago, Aketsu said:

this post is not related only to the WB event, but to all the event. As someone else suggested also the invasion event most of the time give useless stuffs.

for the WB I suggest to bring it like it was on the begin, to increase maybe HP of the bosses but not their strenght/resistance. So that ppl can get some extra drops, at least bloody branches ecc. U can still keep rare eggs/boxes, but normal drops should be like before.

 

As the increase in resistance hurts newbies more that it hurts old players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Gale Windscar in the end we can probably say that after our discussions we ask to improve the event system, giving more chances of getting "usefull" items. Here my suggestions:

The rare drops should stay rare like they are, and this is good, but normal drop must be usefull and often given.

World Bosses:

most of the time get an evil boss fragment + obsidian fragment

often get bloody branch

almost rare drops: shadow gears - related equip like mad bunny ecc

rare drops: belphe/werewolf egg

 

Captain KID:

change the common drops, instead of giving items like "1x aspersio scroll" or "1x chemical armor protection" add items like:

1. +10 and +20 FOODS - Bloody Branch - Mithril - Items from mining (don't remember the name u.u never did it, I'll probably do it if khai's suggestion will be implemented)

rare drops: can't talk much about this, don't rly know wich drop you can get. Probably givings ores would be great togheter with some costumes, badges of battleground (please don't say that people wont play BG because they find some badges in the boxes, for a whole set of equip you need many k of badges) ecc.

 

INVASION EVENT:

someone else already gave some suggestions, don't remember them. Anyway the reward need an improvement..most of the time you end up with this "event surprise box" that give you nothing. (it happen 9 times on 10...) so again, best common drops!

 

please add more suggestions for other events ad I don't know all of them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Aketsu
What are "normal" drops for you?
What are "useful" drops for you?

I personally think there's not much to choose from, because most items which are considered useful have already been added to several systems.
And we can't add the same ones over and over and over again on new systems, it will flood the market and decrease in value and with that decrease the interest from the players on that specific item.

Also some players might consider an item useful while others think it's garbage. /swt3

It is important to find the right balance between not enough and too much.

World Boss drops are rare for obvious reasons as stated above.
The tokens can still be farmed which will still reward you at some point.

Please note that if we pump up the drop chances too much, people will get what they want very fast, which will mean that no players will attend the boss fights anymore.
So of course the rare drops will stay rare.
Also the bosses have a timer, so if you don't make it in time (most likely if there are not enought players) you won't get rewarded because the boss will run away.

 

I've been following this topic closely and have with that been working on several improvements on our events.
So the upcoming update will come with some nice updates which you may like.
But i have not addressed every single point mentioned in this topic.

So if you're still not satisfied with the upcoming changes.
Just let us know and we will yet again re-consider all of your ideas. /no1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or, eventually people will get sick and tired of killing a Belphe for 20 minutes to just get a boss frag. /swt

Could we at least pump up the chances for shadow boxes? Because even if you get the shadow gear you want, you will still need to upgrade it to +9 to get it's full effect. You'll need a ton of the same shadow gear to even get one to +9. And there's different kinds of shadow boxes. Some won't have that shadow gear you want. Even if it was the right shadow box, it would still get the shadow gear at random from that pool. So even just getting a full set would be difficult, let alone upgrading them to +9. I don't even know if Werewolf and Belphe drop the same pool of Shadow Box. If a shadow box only drops from Belphe, then I can only go kill a Belphe twice a week on my day off. My work and sleep schedule allows me to always catch Werewolf, but not Belphe. XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Everade For normal drops I mean useless items like "chemical protection scrolls", instead of this would be better to get some usefull stuffs like woe foods, tons of ygg berry (since they are always used at belphegor), but that's just an example, u can give many things that are more usefull than some scrolls. Enri

 

tbh many days passed I don't even remember much what I suggested lol but I'm sure u will do a good work with the improvements as u already did before.

 

The only problem, in my opinion, is that we have a different view of the game, what I mean is: I prefer to attract many players to play rather than only keeping the ppl I have, and if u want to attract ppl sometimes u need to give them the chance of getting stuffs easily, not only the newbie stuffs but even better stuffs. I agree that you have to work hard to get some specific and end-game gears, but most of the items u can get from all the mvps/events/boxes are totally based on luck and if you are not lucky enough (like me for example) u wont rly get good stuffs even after months. Same goes with mvp cards, that's why I suggested to implement more chances of having bloody branches (but u added a nice endless tower for mvps, that's a nice improvement). 

 

In the end I don't rly care much about having or not good items or having or not more chances of getting an item, I just think we should work togheter thinking on "new players" since is way too boring to play bg always in 3-4 (just as example).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Aketsu

We don't have a different view.
We also want to attract many players, but that mainly happens by getting them to our website in the first place.
Which means we require much more reviews on ratemyserver to finally reach the top page.
Right now we're still hidden somewhere in the back because we don't have enough reviews. And we actually don't even need that much.

We've been implementing tons of beginner friendly content over the past few months.
Just because one specific event doesn't fullfill your deepest desires doesn't mean that we're only try to keep our current player base /heh

Checkout our latest updates and share your thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Everade 

the new update is another big help for new ppl idd. I know about the reviews, hope more ppl will do it, will be a big help

Well I'm not rly thinking about my desires xD I don't care much since I know how to make zeny ecc. I'm used to work hard to achieve my goals, just hope that other ppl wont find it too hard to get what they want. (and again u gave a nice help with the new update)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×