Kifune

Introducing a Game Changer to the Server to Save the Economy

Hi admin team,

We all know that people with supplies will be the one who determine the prices. People who have the most MVP cards, for example, will be selling them for any prices that they feel 'reasonable'. And for some, especially newbies, this 'reasonable' will only make them harder to hang onto this server. My idea is to eliminate these people who think of their prices as 'reasonable' by introducing a NPC which is selling items for zenny or coins as per definition in accordance to the NPC's version of 'reasonable'. Yes, this NPC will be the one who determine the prices of these items. So what happen to these people who are trying to control the economy do? Either they would be selling the items at the same price as the NPC or they would lower down their prices. Instead of competing against this NPC, they will be competing with other players too in prices. Newbie will have a chance of surviving in this server, this would encourage more trades among the players at 'more reasonable' prices. Even if this don't work out between the players, people will always have an option to go for the NPC.

Prices of these items should not be too low so that things don't go overpopulated in this server. Please consider. Hope to hear from the rest, especially from the admin team. 

P/S: Please note, I said items. I did not specifically said MVP cards. MVP cards are only used as an example.

Hm? I don't get it. Seems vague XD

Do you mean an NPC that will sell high end items for zeny? Like +9 WoE Plate or +10 White Wing Suit or +12 BigXBow? Or Bryn? Everade would have to input those prices in.. and the price check thread we once had active, is dead /swt

It's kind of limit price right? as example an item sold in npc for 300m, then for sure, people will sell that item lower than those price..

That way we can decrease the chance of overpriced item, since nowadays mostly people only want to sell item in the price they want to,it's kind of take it or leave it for the buyer...

I think that's good idea, especially this would reduce zeny in player's hand, since they can spent zeny for item they need...

it will increase the people that willing to sell items for zeny,not only trade to other items...

as example Player A need item X, but he has item Y, for now, player can only trade item X for Y to other players, but with this system maybe, Player A can sell item Y on lower price than npc for zeny, then the zeny can be used to buy item X on npc..

that way zeny will be circulating enough..

You do not seem to understand how much of a terrible idea this is.

Items should be hunted by players and sold by players. Prices will naturally fluctuate according to supply and demand.

Having high end items for sale using a NPC will flood the server with these items.

Everyone will be hunting zeny only instead of hunting MvP's.

The best we can do is to revive, update and maintain this old thread:

PRICE CHECK ECONOMY

An alternative would be to create and maintain a new one.

8 minutes ago, D e M o N said:

The best we can do is to revive, update and maintain this old thread:

PRICE CHECK ECONOMY

We better the update this. I agree with demon's idea. So that other newbie people can have a basis on how much each stuffs worth. Maybe find a person to hire to update the prices of stuffs base on the demand. because we all know that there is really no stable price base on demand of it.

I was playing with this idea already.

However:

- Determining fix prices isn't easy. Based on what exactly should we set the prices? If it's too low, the market will be flooded with once rare items.

- rare items become much more easy accessable, especially for the richer players. This hurts the natural flow of ingame activity.

- the prices won't update themselfs once there are a lot of a specific one circling around. Based on what shall we update the prices?

- Which items shall be sold? There are so many, we can't simply sell them all. Also high priced gear is due refinement and added enchantments.

Shall we actually sell refined/enchanted gear and render those systems useless?

Also if we would do that, the list of items we need to sell becomes almost infinite.

- New items are being implemented all the time, players will always try to make the biggest profit, thus reaching further out and search for new items which aren't being sold by NPCs

- We have players who have been farming zeny for almost 10 years. Depending on what we're going to sell, they could buy rare items in bulk.

I'm not trying to let your idea look bad, it's actually an interesting one which may take a lot of money out of the system within a short time span and that would be very helpful.

But the questions above and maybe even more remain.

@Everade I agree with the points you have brought into question.

Some items do not have a "agreed upon" value, and they will always change according to the buyer and seller.

So they should be left alone and the buyer and seller will be the ones to  determine the "fair" value.

To Everyone:

Since the old "Price Check" thread is dead. I am working on making a new, 2017 version of it.

The prices will be determined  by the current market values.

The biggest hurdle would probably be "what to sell" and "how much".

As for my thoughts to this:

• What to Sell: Maybe, low to mid tier MVPs, just so that it'd be more accessible to newbies without having to compete with long-term MVP campers or being sold at a overpriced rate; Refine Ores, but with a number limit per account for a certain time (if possible) this would effectively siphon the Zeny out of the market in a stable way, and if the number limit is placed, it would prevent making the rich stronger whilst the poor stay weak. Shadow Gear Boxes, though it poses a problem of people shying away from World Boss, I think it's a good option to consider, as they are untradeable, would siphon money from the market too and these are more of luxury items and wouldn't hurt the rich-poor gap in strength. Those are just the ideas that I can think of. Note that it should also rotate on schedule with only limited number of items to offer.
  • How Much: I'd say make a team that surveys the market position so that the prices would be as close as it would be, though these persons should be unbiased. Consensus is key. For MVPs, these should be priced a tad bit higher than the market price to not jeopardize those who have it and hunt it and force them to recognize the deemed market price range.
  • Rich(er) players don't really hunt that much anymore and that they can almost always afford what they need anyway. Having an option, for example to buy an MVP Card would help newbie players more than it'd hep rich ones.
  • I'd say a big NO to including refined/enchanted gears, as a player who enjoys doing these PvM instances, I hope them to stay the same. Also they are accessible to everyone including newbies so there's no problem with that.
  • For players who have tons and tons of Zeny, (if possible) a limiter can be put up to control the volume of purchase. And that the Law of Diminishing Marginal Utility exists even in virtual economies, meaning that if they buy tons of things (for example - Moonlight Flower Cards) - the value of those things will continue to decrease, which is also in line with the Law of Demand and Supply. Though there might be some exceptions to this, it still holds true.

I'd say this is a pretty good idea but would require much work. Hopefully, this can be catered to what the server economy needs right now.

Cheers. :)

I try to give a suggestion to "remove" all the zeny around of rich guys and to help a bit the newcomers to sell their stuffs (enchanting them with a bit of luck):

So, what if we give the chance of adding directly the best enchants (on all the enchantable equip) at a very high cost in zeny?

You can choose the enchants using the needed items for enchant (ex: emperium fragment, mora coins ecc. + zeny).

We can even ask some bilions for the best enchants (if you want a white wing suit with best enchants you should pay something around 10b, in my opinion, I'm sure many rangers will buy it).

In this way we can also give a price to some stuffs: for example I did a giant cross bow with Expert Archer 3 enchant on it (biolab enchants) but I rly don't know the price for this: if this will cost, let's say, 1b, I know I can try to sell it for 900m more or less.

Tell me if you think this is a reasonable suggestion, thx.

edit: to make it easyer we can even choose some fixed prices for the best enchants. Not the best but far easyer than chosing a price for every item.

Tons of zeny for enchants? I'll go for it! I'll definitely buy that 10B enchanted White Wing suit... I'll just have to get more zeny first tho /heh