Nicocaine

Armor Refinement Increase

+1 to the idea! will think about the rates :D

Just as input, I broke 2 Immune Shields going from +5 to +6 even with Enriched Eluniums :D fml

I honestly think that our refine rates are steep esp from +5-+7 range (I understand that +9 and over is low to prevent op equips), that you are  forced to use safe certificates in order to make use of HD Elus and etc. and given how hard it is to get high end gears (WB equips, BG sets, Emp set) now and that they are untradeable - a  rate just a bit higher than official wouldn't serve its purpose because of the difference in circumstances (more players in official that has the gears that they upgrade circulate through the market and easier access to upgrade stones too.)

Hoping for the best :D

As from what I have gathered it is a bit higher than the official one but it still is a bit lacking regardless of any items that helps successfully upgrade items.

+1. Its really different on upgrading armors than weapons.

Am i the one who has a problem or maybe a bug on upgrading weapons using WS? i made a +10 weapon usually, but now, i don't even get 1. lol. i've wasted almost 100 pcs of weapons and non of it got +10. Is it just a bad luck? :'(

8 hours ago, Drop By Newbie said:

+1. Its really different on upgrading armors than weapons.

Am i the one who has a problem or maybe a bug on upgrading weapons using WS? i made a +10 weapon usually, but now, i don't even get 1. lol. i've wasted almost 100 pcs of weapons and non of it got +10. Is it just a bad luck? :'(

There's no bug, but there was an update for the weapon refine skill (there was a bug iirc that made it way easier to refine weapons).

So now, it is working as intended.

Edit: Getting a +10 weapon is still  tolerable but over +10 is a different kind of battlefield XDD

+1 for armor refining...

you have WS for wep refine but u have to depended on NPC for armor refining and thats need a tons of luck and plenty of resources.. and...

(or the low chances are also intentional?

500cred for 1 pcs of HD Elu (CMIIW))

Plenty of money...

Hi!!

That one is a good idea about refining boost. But I can't completely agree with the idea since we already have Enriched Eluniums, HD Eluniums, and HD Carniums. Each ore type has its own role in upgrading, so, boosting the armor upgrade will affect a lot of things. imo

Also, if I may suggest. What about applying the idea into an Event like Althea invasion. Which will occur like for 1 hour/30 mins, randomly once in every 1 month, the upgrade success rate will be boosted. Is that possible? I was just wondering. That would be better than permanently boosting the success rate. /gawi

43 minutes ago, Patronus said:

Hi!!

That one is a good idea about refining boost. But I can't completely agree with the idea since we already have Enriched Eluniums, HD Eluniums, and HD Carniums. Each ore type has its own role in upgrading, so, boosting the armor upgrade will affect a lot of things. imo

Also, if I may suggest. What about applying the idea into an Event like Althea invasion. Which will occur like for 1 hour/30 mins, randomly once in every 1 month, the upgrade success rate will be boosted. Is that possible? I was just wondering. That would be better than permanently boosting the success rate. /gawi

Getting to +8 is hard enough as it is unlike before. As I said on one of my replies regardless of any items that helps successfully upgrading it.

The idea you suggested is good.

Peace!

+1...

Maybe increase the chance for over +10 weapon too? I knew it already higher than official, but still it pain on the ass, spending 10 blessed ore not even getting +1 refine...

4 hours ago, Patronus said:

Hi!!

HD Oridecons/Eluniums can only be used from +7 to +9, this can be useful for weapons. But for Armors, it's a whole other issue - it's hard to even get to +7 even with Enriched Eluniums (see my previous reply) that forces players to use Safe Refine Tickets. I've heard people who even broke +4 to +5 armors even with Enriched Eluniums. Kat for example, used 23 Blessed Ores just to get to +10 from +9 - imagine you used HD Ores there, you could've dove down even +5/6 (worst case  scenario) wherein you are forced to use Enriched and risk breaking the item in order to be able to use HD again or just use a Safe Refine Ticket.

2 hours ago, Patronus said:

Hi!!

Its about benefit all player not some people. Some people doesnt have time to attend the invasion or any automatic event. And random boosted is much work than make it permenant. While Enrich got chance to break & HD got chance to lower the refine lvl. And what your mean by armor upgrade will affect a lot of things? With all accound bound what we can do? Its make farm woe, daily quest useless if the rate is crappy like u pick a stone in middle of street to refine eq.

Could someone explain why this is such a good idea?

MMORPG's such as  Ragnarok Online generate so many items every second that there needs to be a way of reducing them while benefiting players.

Once such way is refining items. If the refinement is successful, you gain bonuses from said item.

Because unlike official our population is low (not to mention that high end-gears are mostly account-bound), more people farm things and so it's easier to get the equipment that you'd want to upgrade.

For example, Temporal Boots. In official or other servers, these flood the markets - that even if you break them, you can just buy them if you don't have the time to farm them yourself (which is mostly the case in old players).

It's even worse with account-bound items - it's certainly not worth the risk, it almost forces people to do DQ in order to get Safe Refine Tickets, because it takes so much time to farm these high-end gears. I'm just not a big fan of forcing a player to do DQs to have these, not all players have the time and patience for this (I speak for others since I do DQs a lot myself), I believe always having alternatives has been a charm of games.

And as I see it, RO is going to a refine-heavy game with all the new (and upcoming) equips/cards that gives bonuses depending on their refine levels. And with the server population as it is, there's not much people that farm these new items (instances) and that our high-end gears are all account-bound and time-consuming to obtain (w/o alternative  ways)

There are already many ways to get blessed/Hd ores~ 

-The are some blessed ores in daily rewards +loyalty box ( Yes, you might not get the refine certi + the right ores you want.. But stil its something)

-New invadings rewards (Yes, low chance~ But i like how it motivates people to do special invadings now.)

- For people who already got what they want during woe by using the fragments ... They also can spend on it.

- High-end gears are supposed to take time to finnish it.. Not something we should get in 1,2,3~ 

- Safe certi is a choice for hard workers~ (We can just simply suggest something like kat did. )

Conclusion : Instead of increasing the chance for refining.. Shouldn't we think up a way for how to get players motivated in BG,Woe,invadings etc etc..?

Like add some ores for mining part (Wil bring miths alive in a balance price of 40~50mil, while able to find other ores such as (enriched,Hd ores)Blessed is possible too.. maybe in a very low chance to keep the economy in balance. 

1. I like how @Everade implemented the new reward for invadings/captain kid's/Mr giveaway. (See how many people we get for the invadings lately =+1 ~people stay inside pvp for abit longer + anyone can get the chance = +1 ~ Mr giveaway to gear up new player's/old player's who just came back in a fast way to keep them ingame =+1)

2. Im oke with  @Hersheys suggestion on +6 safe certi by using woe fragments 

3. I am with @D e M o N on this. I wil have to say no too :/

ps. Every online game should have something to risk with~ If we have to compare it to old school/back then... there's no such things as safe certi,blessed ores..