§3 MVPs
§4 Grindables
§5 Crafting Gear
§6 Instances
§7 Dailies
§8 Vending
§9 Final Words

§1 Introduction

I've been playing RO since euRO, on and off. During my time playing Ragnarok I've always been a collector and a grinder. Never enjoyed PVP too much. I like playing the market and just spending all Sunday grinding items, headgears and crafting +10 weapons.

I recommend you go with the Ranger class as it's the most versatile class with one of the best AoE spells. You can use your Ranger to grind Goldrings, Bosses, Mithrils, Endless Tower, Instances - anything really.

You will also need a Whitesmith/Mechanic to create those +10 weapons and to sell your gear. Keep in mind that you may create a second account if you EXCLUSIVELY use it for autovending.

§1.1 What am I looking at?

This guide focusses exclusively on farming as much Zeny as possible. Basically, Zeny is not free. Zeny is your time, so if you're farming Zeny you are trading your time for Zeny. It doesn't just come out of nowhere. Just like in real life - you spend 8 hours at your job, essentially selling your time to your employer. In this guide I'm trying to explain how to get the most Zeny for the time you invest. What you do with the Zeny that you accumulate is entirely up to you.

In this guide I will cover the most accessible ways, even for someone who just started out, to generate Zeny. No need to upsell high tier items, no need to spend weeks building Improved Accessories or farming God Item Ingredients.

§1.2 Getting started

To get started, max out your Ranger and make a Whitesmith - you can find various leveling guides on this forum.
You can later change your Whitesmith to Mechanic, but I decided not to because it takes so long to reach Job Level 120. Your refining success increases with each job level. But I'm too lazy and I find the Mechanic class too boring to max it, so I'm staying with a 250/110 Whitesmith - even though it is less efficient. Don't be like me though - grind that Mechanic to 250/120!!

You have to complete the Hazy Forest Instance quest to access the Mora Questline, which you'll need later on to acquire your first gear and to farm zeny.

§2 Gearing up

§2.1 Stats

Standard grinding build (high STR for high carrrying cap)

Spoiler

STR 200

AGI 200

VIT 1

INT 1

DEX 200

LUK 1

Standard Instance build (some HP for survivability)

Spoiler

STR 50

AGI 130

VIT 141

INT 1

DEX 200

LUK 200

Standard MVP hunter (high STR to carry different arrow elements)

Spoiler

STR 150

AGI 130

VIT 1

INT 1

DEX 200

LUK 200

§2.2 Skills

Your most important skills will be the following:

Arrow Storm
Fear Breeze
True Sight
Improve Concentration
Wind Walk
Unlimit
Wug Rider
Wug Strike
Sensitive Keen
Full Throttle (World Boss)

§2.3 Gear

The WW Set is so easy to get and yet so strong. The suits drop at a 100% rate so if you spend 3-4 hours farming ONLY suits, you can easily craft a +9 or +10 WW suit. With the Mimic and Myst Case Cards you get some extra loot while you're grinding. If I spend a full Sunday grinding alt_fild03 I normally end up with 400 obb.gifOld Blue Boxes and giftbox.gif800 Gift Boxes. You get useful items like MVP drops, headgears and dyes.gifDyestuffs from these boxes. You can also sell them for 100-150k ea.

I don't use Skeleton Archer Cards because I have enough damage for all the mobs I farm and I don't see the need to make a second +10 Elven/Crimson Bow just for the Skel Archer Cards if I can sell these bows instead. Further, the damage of Wug Strike is not calculated as ranged damage. So when you're killing MVPs/Mini MVPs you deal a lot more damage in any case. Also you don't have to bother with switching your bows all the time.

Low Budget (Easy to farm solo in an hour or two)

Spoiler

doll.gif Any slotted headgear with a card.gifMyst Case Card
elfbow.gifElven Bow (dropped by Gargoyle), Card: card.gifAbysmal Knight Card + elfarrow.gifElven Arrow (available at the Althea Tool Dealer)
wwsuit.gif White Wing Suit (dropped by Anubis), Card: Any
wwmant.gif White Wing Manteau (Mora Questline)
wwshoes.gif White Wing Boots (Mora Questline), Card: Any
wwbroo.gifWhite Wing Brooch (dropped by the various Blue Acidus versions)
belt.gif Any slotted accessory with acard.gif Mimic Card

Medium Budget (takes some time, money and quests to get)

Spoiler

In some instances I deal less damage than with an Elven Bow + Elven Arrows, but I found the +10 Crimson Bow more versatile as I can use different arrow elements for different MVPs. Note that Myst Case Cards do not stack, instead the drop chance is calculated seperately. For example if the giftbox.gifGift Box drop chance is 1%, you don't get a 3% drop chance with three cards, instead you have a 1% chance to get a giftbox.gifGift Box three times. Moonie + Brazillian Flag Hat + Wind Walk is an item combo that makes you incredibly fast, making it very easy to search MVPs and also farm in general.

braz.gif Brazilian Flag Hat, Card: Myst Case Card
sun.gif Any slotted mid headgear (about 150-300m at market), Card:card.gif Myst Case Card
beard.gif Any slotted lower headgear (for example Pumpkin Rucksack),  Card: card.gifMyst Case Card
crimsonbow.gif+10 Bow of Crimson, Card: card.gifAbysmal Knight Card x2 + Any required arrow, oriarrow.gifOridecon Arrow for Neutral/All purpose damage
wwsuit.gif +9/+10 White Wing Suit (dropped by Anubis), Card: Any
wwmant.gif White Wing Manteau (Mora Questline)
wwshoes.gif White Wing Boots (Mora Questline), Card: card.gifMoonlight Flower Card (you can buy the card or farm it, don't pay more than 600m for a Moonie Card)
wwbroo.gif White Wing Brooch (dropped by the various Blue Acidus versions)
thim.gif Bow Thimble [1] (Farm Bow Thimbles at Gargoyles, then Socket Enchant it to add a slot, there's a 10% chance that you will succeed. So get at least 10 Bow Thimbles. If you end up with more than one slotted Thimble, you can sell it for about 120m), Card:card.gif Mimic Card

When I am exclusively farming MVPs, I equip my Pumpkin Rucksack that has a card.gifVanberk Card, as some MVPs such as Turtle General increase their FLEE by a lot when they're low on hp. They will dodge all your normal hits, but with the Vanberk Card you will have a +100 CRIT boost so you can still finish them off easily.

§2.4 Extras

As for extras, I have a premium account membership which increases my droprate on all items.
Furthermore, I spend my daily quest tickets as well as my gRO tokens on huntingpack.gifWeekend Hunting Packs. You can also get Weekend Hunting Packs by participating in WoE and trading the Emperium Fragments in for the packs in @go WoE. These contain gum.gif10x Bubblegum as well as sieg.gif10x Tokens Of Siegfried (which are super useful for Endless Tower and Instances). I use the scroll.gifBlessing Scrolls for World Boss and MVPs and the scroll.gifAGI Scrolls for MVPs/monsters who have the decrease AGI skill. I also use badge.gifAuthoritative Badges and berry.gifYggdrasil Berries when hunting MVPs. I keep the gum.gifBubblegums for when I know that I can grind for 30 minutes straight without a break, usually farming Berries and Gold.

@Khaii has mentioned that when buying gear (such as arrows) from NPCs, you can use belt.gif Any slotted accessory with acard.gif Pirate Skeleton Card, which gives you the Discount Lvl 5 Skill.

§3 MVPs

Hunting MVPs is pretty self-explanatory. You keep track of the tombstones and times on MVPs and just kill them and hunt them down, hoping for a card. Getting MVPs cards is probably one of the most rewarding feelings in the game...for me at least. But keep in mind that it's not the most efficient way to farm Zeny. To keep track of all the tombstone coords and MVP spawn timers, I use an Excel chart. It automatically calculates the soonest and latest spawn time of an NPC. Check out the Excel chart here. You don't need much to get started with MVP hunting. I'd suggest you use my budget item build and bring some Yggdrasil Berries, then just get going.

I do have one tip though: Keep those Convex Mirrors you get from events and login rewards to track down Goldring Boss when he spams his teleport. Normally it takes me 5-10 minutes tops to kill him. I also switch my Wug mount to a Falcon. Go for a Max Luk/Critrate build to activate Falcon Blitz more often.

§4 Grindables

Simply grinding items is the easiest way to get Zeny, but also the most boring one.
When grinding Usables, make sure that they're high in demand. Think about what players may use them for. Berries/Seeds are self-explanatory: World Boss and MVP Hunting
When grinding sellables, make sure it's an item which has an okay (>30%) droprate and that the map is mobby enough. As far as I'm concerned, there's no better map on this server than alt_fild03 for grinding sellables.

Mithril for example will always be in high demand because players need it for various God Items as well as Improved Accessories.

§4.1 gold.gifGoldrings, Althea Field 03
The most obvious choice to grind are the Goldrings in alt_fild03. With it's 30% + 5% Gold droprate, you can farm about 100m Zeny per active 30 minutes. This rate increases with Bubble Gum and a premium account. You can even use the Goldring Cards to enter the Poring Realm. Unfortunately you have to convert the cards for Gold Poring Coins one by one, which is really tedious. But as a reward, you get to defeat a really easy MVP that drops a random poringhat.gif Poring Headgear and a poringbox.gif Poring Box. I sell the headgears for 20m each. 

After a full day of grinding alt_fild03 I end up with about 100 Goldring Cards, which are then converted to 200 poringcoin.gif Gold Poring Coins. This allows me to enter the Poring Realm 4 times, resulting in another bonus 80m Zeny after selling the headgears. Let's not forget about the hundreds of Gift Boxes and Old Blue Boxes I end up with.

I'm selling the Gold that I farm only with my Whitesmith with the Overcharge Skill. That's 124.000 Zeny per Gold sold.

§4.2 berry.gifYggdrasil Berries, seed.gifYggdrasil Seeds

My favorite Berry Hunting spot is prt_maze03, simply because it's a map with small and mobby fields. You can find swarms of Stem Worms for Yggdrasil Seeds, Baphomet and Ghostring there as well. But generally, for Yggdrasil Seeds you want to go to lhz_fild02 as it's filled with Stem Worms which have a high droprate on Yggdrasil Seeds. Berries generally go for 100.000 - 200.000 Zeny while the Seeds go for 50.000 - 80.000 Zeny.

§4.3 mith.gif Mithril

I really have no idea how to feel about Mithril, but the price has gone up by a lot recently so I guess it's worth the time now. With 70m per Mithril, chances are that you can make over 1b Zeny per invested day. Here's how you get into the mines. As for stats, I go for max luk, 100 vit, 100 str, max dex, rest AGI. I change my Wug to a Falcon just like I did with the Goldring Boss, because raw DPS isn't going to help you kill those Crystals. You need On-Hit damage and lots of it. Just like with the GRB, I whip out my card.gif3x Banaspaty Card and card.gif1x Sidewinder Card in a compo.gifComposite Bow [4. The burn ticks one-shot the crystals. You can completely ignore the Guardians - they don't drop anything worth your while. Yoiu can kill 20 Crystals each time you enter. You can also use an Advanced Mining Pick to kill 30 Crystals. You only need to use the Advanced Mining Pick once per login. After that you can keep using Old Picks and still get 30 kills per entry. If you kill the Guardians, it counts toward it. So if you do get attacked by them, just @jump away. Bring some Yggdrasil Berries with you, because if you die, you will get kicked out of the mine.

New and more efficient way:  @D e M o N has pointed out that you can use your Firing Trap skill, which makes it even easier and faster to kill Strange Crystals.

Mithril by the numbers

IuAtFEE.png

§5 Crafting Gear

So you've probably farmed 4.000 Yggdrasil Berries and 10.000 Gold. You've hit your first billion in only two weeks and now you're burnt out and bored from Ragnarok. So why not have a change of pace and make some high-demand armors, weapons and headgears? To make weapons, you will need your Whitesmith!

§5.1 White Wing Sets wwsuit.gifwwmant.gifwwshoes.gifwwbroo.gif

I like vending the White Wing Sets as two. 2x +7 Suit, 2x Garment, 2x Shoes, 2x Brooch. People obviously tend to prefer buying the full set instead of seperate pieces, especially with the Manteau and Boots which aren't dropped by monsters.

There's not much to say about the White Wing Sets. You already know where to get them. Complete some Mora Quests and you're good to go. Each piece is 10 Mora Coins. You want the White Wing Garment and the White Wing Boots.

Once you I get 40 Mora Coins I trade them in for the set pieces and begin hunting Anubis for White Wing Suits. I stay there until I get 50-60 White Wing Suits, but I also loot the Staff Of Healing which I sell for 20m ea. after upgrading it to +10. After getting a decent amount of White Wing Suits, I begin upgrading them. To get the Eluniums required, I go to the Althea Tool Dealers and buy Rough Eluniums with my Whitesmith. You can convert them to Eluniums (5x Rough = 1x Elu) at the Armsmith's Place.

Now after upgrading, I (hopefully) have two +7 White Wing Suits. Next up I go to abyss_03 to get 2x White Wing Brooch

You can even add enchantments (1 Mora Coin per attempt) and if you're lucky enough you'll get the Expert Archer enchantment, which increases your Long Range Damage by up to 8% per enchantment. With this enchantment, you can easily sell the gear for more than double the original price. So a White Wing Suit with +3 DEX and Lv 3 (+6%) Expert Archer enchantment would be worth at least 200m.

Finally, I open up a shop where I sell the sets. 

Prices:

+7 Suit: 70m
Garment: 100m
Shoes: 100m
Brooch: 5m

§5.2 High demand +10 weapons crimsonbow.gifcrdag.gifcrrod.gifcrspr.gif

My favorite +10 weapons are by far the Crimson Weapons, especially Bows and Daggers. I can easily sell these for 40m each. Another weapon I found easy to farm and sell is the +10 Mes / Scalpel

To my surprise, items with 4 slots such as the Various Jur don't sell well and don't bring a good profit. You can sell them for 5-6m each, but in the same time that you'd invest in making 5 +10 Pikes, you could make two or three Crimson Bows or Daggers which sell for a lot more and have way higher demand in the community.

There are some other weapons such as the Big Crossbow and the Imperial Spear, but I found that the mobs are too rare or too strong to be worth the time you invest when compared to the Zeny you get.

Remember that you don't get the unique elemental status when you use  the identifier! Use Magnifiers or your Whitesmith's 

§5.3 High demand armors/boots/garments siepl.gifurplt.gifvman.gif

I haven't upgraded enough armors to know if it's really Time - Zeny efficient, but here's what I would upgrade if I ever started focussing on that:

I don't know the market prices on these!!!

+9 Siege Armors
+7/+8/+9/+10 Ur's Plate
+7/+8/+9/+10 Valkyrie Manteau upgraded with a Safe to +7/+8/+9 Stamp from the Daily Quest Coupon exchanger

§5.4 Standard Valkyrie Helmets vhelm.gif

Yes, I am absolutely serious. It's easier to farm these than you might think. If you ever get bored with farming the same stuff on the same map, you can farm Valkyrie Helmets.

There is a demand for Standard Valkyrie Helmets because they're needed to make the God Item Valkyrie Helmet.

Personally, I would aim for making 2 or 3 at once so you don't have to travel all those maps to get the cards over and over again. Start with the Bloody Runes as they're the easiest to farm at ra_san05. You can farm with @aloot rate 100. They drop some extra items like those masks and hats which sell for about 1.000 Zeny each. When you have 3.000 of those masks, it adds up. Next up head to odin_tem03 to get the Dark Runes. On both maps, ra_san05 and odin_tem03, I like using my AGI scrolls because the mobs spam decrease AGI - thus decreasing your movement speed and your Zeny per invested time. Finally, I just roam the various maps to get the cards together. While collecting the cards, I check if there's mobs on the map that drop valuable items and make sure to add these items to my @aloot item.

Each helmet goes for 250-300m Zeny.

§6 Instances

As @Aketsu has correctly mentioned: "on this server you can't use healing items (berrys, not even normal potions) in the istances (this include Endless tower, faceworm nest, old glast heim)", so you might have to bring a friend who's going to heal you or help you with the damage for some instances.

§6.1 Old Glast Heim - Temporal STR/DEX/AGI/LUK/VIT/INT Boots txboots.gif

You can use Ygg Berries/healing items in this instance!

It's a long way to get Temporal XXX Boots, but it definitely pays out - Check the Old Glast Heim guide to find out how to enter and finish the instance. To create txboots.gif Temporal XXX Boots, visit the NPC at glast_01 204, 273. You'll first need normal tboots.gifTemporal Boots for the cost of tcrys.gif 1 Temporal Crystals. Then you'll have the option to make txboots.gif Temporal XXX Boots of your choice. Each upgrade costs tcrys.gif 5 Temporal Crystals. Note that the boots aren't slotted right away. You have to add a slot to them by yourself. There's a chance that you will fail the slot addition, which in turn will destory your boots. Each slot attemp costs another 5 Temporal Crystals.

Once you've got your slotted boots, you can add enchants with Coagulated Spells - these are dropped by the mobs inside the instance.

NOT CONFIRMED
I don't know how the random coding is generated on this server, but here's the NPC coding I found for slot addition on Temp Boots:

1. set [email protected] random,rand(1,100);
  2.                 if ([email protected] random <= 80)

Apparently it picks a number from 1 to 100, and if the number picked is below 80, your slot enchantment will fail. This leads me to the conclusion that there is a 20% success rate on adding a slot to Temporal Boots. If anyone can please check or confirm this for me, I would be happy to update my guide.

NOT CONFIRMED, INFO BY @Aketsu

As soon as you have a temporal *stat* boots you can try to slot it by using some more temporal crystals (5 if I remember right). The chance is rly low considering the amount of crystals you need (every stat boots + chance of slot - cost you 12 temporal crystals). The chance should be 10% (as official guide).

Enchantment Info by @Aketsu

[...]when you enchant them you can choose the enchant you want and bring it to the max level (example: expert archer level 4) by using Coagulated Spells but you can't choose the "special enchant!". That's why some temporal boots are more rare and cost more than others, for example a Temporal Boots Dex [1] with Expert Archer lvl. 4 (1st enchant that you can choose) and "Muscle Fool" (special enchant that give you Bear Power -> +200 str if I'm right) will probably cost far less than a Temporal Boots Dex [1] with EA 4  and "Hawk Eye" (special enchant that give you +200 dex). That's depend on demand idd.

Once you get slotted Temp Boots with good enchantments (for example Expert Archer 4), you can sell them for over 3 billion Zeny. The demand is currently high for the various Temp Boot versions.

For additional enchantment info, refer to this guide.

§6.2 Face Worm Nest - Gigant Snake Skin, Gigant Snake Skin [1] skin.gif

Because the Gigant Snake Skin has a skin.giftxboots.gif set bonus with the improved Temporal Boots, it also is in high demand and the slotted versions sells for anywhere from 400m to 1.5b depending on it's enchantments. A normal, non-enchanted, skin with a slot can be worth up to 500m. If you have a skin with 2x +3 DEX and 1x Expert Archer 4, you will definitely find a buyer that will pay more than 1 billion Zeny for it.

The Face Worm Nest consists of five separate sections and after clearing each one of them, you'll get one Treasure Chest which either contains a non-slotted Gigant Snake Skin or a Gigant Snake Skin [1]. In total, you have five chances at getting your slotted Snake Skin.

Moreover, "the less time you need to finish the istance, the better drop you get! Best drop you can get is Giant Snake Skin from faceworm queen (the last boss) with Special Enchant - +7Stat - +7 Stat - so for example you may get a SpecialVit Enchant - +7 Vit +7 Vit - wich is damn OP. Also you get already upgraded garments, the maximum you can get is +11.". - Courtesy of @Aketsu

In this post Aketsu points out how clearing time directly effects the quality of the rewards you get from the Face Worm Nest.

§6.3 More Instances

I honestly haven't looked into instances too much yet, thus I don't know how strong the monsters there are and if it's worth the time to do them as a solo Ranger. But I think that instances are still worth noting as they are a great change of pace to the boring life that a grinder has. Most instances give you  coins which you can exchange into various items.

§6.4 Endless Tower

For Endless Tower, you want to kindly ask a friend of yours to help you enter it. It offers a lot of MVP chances. You get a guaranteed 20x bio.gif Biotite and 20x musco.gif Muscovite. And so many more goodies, such as Matchsticks. Be sure to bring your Tokens Of Siegfried from your Weekend Hunting Packs, just in case you get cheesed by Dark Lord's or Amon Ra's Instant Death skill that recudes your HP to 1. You don't have to use Tokens per se, but I'm too lazy to always climb all the way back up the tower when I die at floor 60 or higher.

I do Endless Tower solo with the medium budget build and I get to Level 85. The big ole clock on Level 85 is just too strong for me (yet!) and I don't feel like using all my Tokens of Siegfried for it. On my way there, I have my chance of getting both a Tao Gunka and a Thanatos Card. Be sure to have ALL elemental arrow types.

Please do note that gRO has custom Endless Tower levels and  that the MVPs you encounter on gRO may differ from the ones stated on the iRO Wiki.

§7 Dailies

As for dailies, I don't just mean the custom Daily Adventure Guild Quests. There's many more things that you can do every day.

§7.1 World Boss

World Bosses (Belphegor, Werewolf) spawn at fixed time and drop numerous random items, such as Golden Apples which can be exchanged for a reward and Shadow Set Items, which are goodies that are equipped as Costume Armor.

ebf.png Evil Boss Fragments 
obsfrag.png Obsidian Fragments wwegg.png Werewolf Essence belegg.png Belphegor Egg gapple.pngGolden Apple  shadowbox.png Shadow Boxes containg sharmor.png Shadow Set Items

Here's the server time (@time) spawns:

03:20 - Belphegor
07:20 - Werewolf
11:20 - Belphegor
16:20 - Werewolf
20:20 - Belphegor
23:20 - Werewolf

Per 24 hour server time rotation, you can only get the boss killing reward three times. So if you've killed Belphe at @time 11:20, then Werewolf at 16:20, then Belphe at 20:20 and finally Werewolf at 23:20, you won't get any rewards for killing Werewolf at 23:20, because you've already recieved 3 rewards on that 24 hour cycle.

Ask to get invited to one of the many World Boss parties to get heals and buffs from the kind priests  -Shoutout to all the priests healing and buffing us-
Also bring some Yggdrasil Berries and Panaceas (to cure blind/silence). I further suggest you use a card.gif Gemini S-58 Card.

§7.2 Instances

Most instances have a 23hr cooldown, so if you're bored farming Goldrings and Valk Helmets, go ahead and read §6.

§7.3 Daily Quests

I don't think I have to explain much here. Check the Adventure Guild to find out more about daily quests. You can exchange the coupons you recieve for useful stuff, such as ascended equipment or my beloved Weekend Hunting Packs as well as the +7/+8/+9 upgrade coupons.

§7.4 Keep an eye on the market

The first thing I do when I log on is check the market and see if I can get a good deal there, and even if I can't I "scan" the item prices there so I always know how much my potential items are or will be worth. I also check the trading topics and @D e M o N's Guide to MvP Cards and Rare Item Prices.

§8 Vending

Vending/Trading is PVP. I know this statement sounds bold or ridiculous, but let me finish. As a trader/vender you supply other players with gear, usables and Zeny. You selling those +9 Siege Plates, +10 Crimson Daggers and useful cards has a direct impact on WoE and PVP, because if you weren't selling these items, the players would not have these items.

Moreover, when you're selling items - especially high-demand items that are sold by other players too -, you're essentially "fighting" other traders for their money. It's not PVP in a sense that you're beating someone in combat, it's PVP that you're beating someone else with your business smarts.

One of my favorite techniques is creating item monopolies and enforcing your own price. As an example, I've been one of the few people who have been selling White Wing Sets. One day I see someone selling the sets too for 120m each. So I set up my shop with the same set for 100m each. After a full day of not selling any set item, I further reduced the price to 80m each. Shortly after that, the other trader reduced his price from 120m to only 70m per piece. This is when I decided to buy his pieces myself and put up my shop again where I set the price to 90m each. So in short, I knocked my enemy out of the market while also profiting by 20m per piece and of course selling my own set.

When you're selling, you should come up with a price that you're comfortable with increasing or decreasing, just like I did with the White Wing set pieces. Anything from 80m to 120m each is fine for me.

The same rule applies when you're making item monopolies, such as with Valhalla Flowers, Musco/Bios, Mithrils. You don't buy these items from other players to craft something from it or to decard item, you buy them to gain an item monopoly and to be the only vendor in the market to sell these items. If you're the only one selling them, you can set your own price. In order for other vendors to compete with you, they'll have to undercut you - and if they undercut you by far, you can just rinse and repeat. You buy their items again.

Hypothetically speaking, if your budget is high enough you can do that to create your own MVP card prices. Let's take GTB Card as an example. Your set price on GTB is 800m. You see anyone sell it for below 800m, you just buy it from him. If you want to do this with high value items, just make sure that there also is the demand for it. For example, Kiel, GTB and Moonie cards are always in demand, having the monopoly on these cards can make you very rich.

So, TL;DR: Undercutting other vendors may bait them into undercutting you. That is when you buy ALL of his stuff and sell it at your own price.

Final note: For this you will need a high, fixed budget. For myself, I have set 2b as my fixed budget. Those are 2b Zeny that I will never spend on anything else than buying out other vendors to create monopolies.

§9 Final Words

§9.1 Variety is key

Even the most seasoned grinders get bored of farming the same mob and map eventually. Make sure you return to my guide every now and then to remind yourself of all the things you can do on gRO to generate Zeny.

§9.2 Why the Myst Case/Mimic Cards?

I feel like a 250/120 Ranger is strong to oneshot (or one Arrow Storm) all farmable monsters. The Gift Boxes and OBBs won't make you rich, but what else would you put in these slots? It's a bonus you get since you're farming monsters anyway.

§9.2 Use the Macro tool!

First thing I do when I start the game and log in to a char, is pop all my @aloot macros. See the screenshot here

§9.3 Ressources

Knowing where to look for information will make your life a whole lot easier.
Remember that you can always use @mi, @whodrops and @whereis.

And last but not least, here's some useful links and sites that I use almost every day:
MvP Cards and Rare Item Price List
RateMyServer Item/Mob Database
Daily Vote Shop
gRO Database
iRO Wiki

§9.4 Contributors

Thank you for taking your time to share your own knowledge and to proofread my wall of text.
@D e M o N @Aketsu @Patronus @Khaii

I am always open for suggestions and criticism. If you find anything that doesn't sound logical or is not grammatically correct, let me know. It is a long wall of text after all.

Changelog

30.11.2017 - Added additional info from this post, formatting + icons
02.12.2017 - Added info from this post, fixing typos
04.12.2017 - Added Strange Crystal droprates

18.01.2017 - Formatting, fixes

1. Making dyestuff is faster then collecting them from OBB/OPB/Giftbox. (Dyestuff usually sells for 500k-2m, depending on color)

2. Which NPCs increase their FLEE by a lot when they're low on hp? xD

3. Are you sure that Goldring Boss can be burned?

4. Hunting MvP's is generally easier and faster when using RG (specially high HP MvP's).

5. Using burn trap on Strange Crystal is much faster then using auto-attack and waiting for burn to activate.

This guide seems to be focused on just generating Zeny..

Let's say you have 10b zeny now. What do you do with it?

12 minutes ago, D e M o N said:

1. Making dyestuff is faster then collecting them from OBB/OPB/Giftbox. (Dyestuff usually sells for 500k-2m, depending on color)

The OBBs/Gift Boxes are an added benefit when grinding hundreds of mobs. Since at 255/120 you are strong enough to one-shot basically anything you are farming, you don't really need any other cards in your HG/Accessory. For example you farm Goldrings - You farm them for the gold. With these cards you get another small bonus from them.

2. Which NPCs increase their FLEE by a lot when they're low on hp? xD

Haha that was a typo. I mean MVPs. Like Turtle General for example.

3. Are you sure that Goldring Boss can be burned?

Yes.

4. Hunting MvP's is generally easier and faster when using RG (specially high HP MvP's).

From my own experience RG is more expensive to get gear for. I might be wrong here as I haven't played a lot of RG. I prefer Ranger for it's versatility. You can hunt Ygg Berries and when you see an MVP timer you can warp to the MVP without changing characters.

5. Using burn trap on Strange Crystal is much faster then using auto-attack and waiting for burn to activate.

I never tried that, thanks for the tip.

This guide seems to be focused on just generating Zeny..

Let's say you have 10b zeny now. What do you do with it?

Grinding in a game essentially translates into amassing currency or experience. What you do with the stuff you amass is up to you.

5 hours ago, Chronos33 said:

The OBBs/Gift Boxes are an added benefit when grinding hundreds of mobs. Since at 255/120 you are strong enough to one-shot basically anything you are farming, you don't really need any other cards in your HG/Accessory. For example you farm Goldrings - You farm them for the gold. With these cards you get another small bonus from them.

Haha that was a typo. I mean MVPs. Like Turtle General for example.

Yes.

From my own experience RG is more expensive to get gear for. I might be wrong here as I haven't played a lot of RG. I prefer Ranger for it's versatility. You can hunt Ygg Berries and when you see an MVP timer you can warp to the MVP without changing characters.

I never tried that, thanks for the tip.

Grinding in a game essentially translates into amassing currency or experience. What you do with the stuff you amass is up to you.

Was it really necessary to quote everything individually?

1. I see.. So it is meant for supplemental purposes?

2. ROFL /slur

3. Could you show a screen shot of GRB being burned?

4. Not really.. You can put together some items in 1 hour and have sacrifice damage of 155k per hit (775k per cast).

5. Currently, buying items in Zeny worth over 3-4b is quite difficult. The majority of players would much prefer items over Zeny at that point.

When someone amasses a large amount of zeny, it would be worth investing that Zeny into items for RG class so that you can hunt

stronger MvP's.

9 hours ago, Chronos33 said:

§9.2 Why the Myst Case/Mimic Cards?

I feel like a 255/120 Ranger is strong to oneshot (or one Arrow Storm) all farmable monsters. The Gift Boxes and OBBs won't make you rich, but what else would you put in these slots? It's a bonus you get since you're farming monsters anyway.

Uh, you need a mini correction about the mentioned level here. Our maxed base level is 250, not 255 right?

7 hours ago, Patronus said:

Uh, you need a mini correction about the mentioned level here. Our maxed base level is 250, not 255 right?

Yeah, you're right. Fixed it.

9 hours ago, D e M o N said:

Was it really necessary to quote everything individually?

You can split up quotes by pressing Enter twice.

1. I see.. So it is meant for supplemental purposes?

Nah it's just for the sake of it.

3. Could you show a screen shot of GRB being burned?

I'll record my next GRB fight.

4. Not really.. You can put together some items in 1 hour and have sacrifice damage of 155k per hit (775k per cast).

That's pretty good. I think using Ranger for everything is just my personal preference. I've been a guy to use only one class for for everything.

I admit that I stay away from Biolab MVPs because they're too tedious to kill as a Ranger.

5. Currently, buying items in Zeny worth over 3-4b is quite difficult. The majority of players would much prefer items over Zeny at that point.

When someone amasses a large amount of zeny, it would be worth investing that Zeny into items for RG class so that you can hunt

stronger MvP's.

This guide's not about how you spend Zeny, it's about how you generate Zeny. As I said, it's up to you what you want to do with the Zeny you get.

just some fixes to your guide about temporal boots and faceworm nest:

normal temporal boots cost more than 1 crystal (3 if I remember right) and you don't need to make them +7 to change them into temporal boots dex/str/vit/ecc., it only cost you some more crystals (4 if I remember right). you should check the npcs at those coordinates @warp glast_01 204, 273

As soon as you have a temporal *stat* boots you can try to slot it by using some more temporal crystals (5 if I remember right). The chance is rly low considering the amount of crystals you need (every stat boots + chance of slot - cost you 12 temporal crystals). The chance should be 10% (as official guide).

So you probably need many temporal crystals to make a temporal boots slots, I myself failed around 8 times the slotting process (and I stopped there).

NOTE: if you fail the slot process your boots are destroyed.

That's why they cost so much. Also when you enchant them you can choose the enchant you want and bring it to the max level (example: expert archer level 4) by using Coagulated Spells but you can't choose the "special enchant!". That's why some temporal boots are more rare and cost more than others, for example a Temporal Boots Dex [1] with Expert Archer lvl. 4 (1st enchant that you can choose) and "Muscle Fool" (special enchant that give you Bear Power -> +200 str if I'm right) will probably cost far less than a Temporal Boots Dex [1] with EA 4  and "Hawk Eye" (special enchant that give you +200 dex). That's depend on demand idd.

Faceworm nest is not that easy as you may think, on gatheringRO the mobs got a nice improvement and this make it more funny (at least to me)

NOTE1: on this server you can't use healing items (berrys, not even normal potions) in the istances (this include Endless tower, faceworm nest, old glast heim)

Because of this you wont be able to finish it by using only your ranger but you will definetely need a Bishop, at least on 2nd account.

NOTE2: the less time you need to finish the istance, the better drop you get! Best drop you can get is Giant Snake Skin from faceworm queen (the last boss) with Special Enchant - +7Stat - +7 Stat - so for example you may get a SpecialVit Enchant - +7 Vit +7 Vit - wich is damn OP. Also you get already upgraded garments, the maximum you can get is +11.

I still have something to say but I can't now XD under costruction.... I'll continue later

P.S. I also prefer to kill all the mvps with ranger. Killing bio3/bio4 mvps is possible with ranger, and you don't need much efforts.

5 hours ago, Chronos33 said:

Thanks a lot for your input, I updated my guide.

np, thx to you for the guide. Anyway you can't play faceworm nest alone so you have to go with a friend, as you suggested, one playing ranger, one playing bishop.

NOTE1: going into the faceworm queen with more ppl will increase the number of normal faceworm to kill and will also increase faceworm queen's HP (the last boss).

NOTE2: the time score is calculated in different ways, everytime you kill a giant faceworm (mini-boss) you got a count of the time used, let's make an example thinking about the 4 mini - boss + the 1 faceworm queen (boss)

Giant Faceworm 1 - 2:30 minutes -> will determinate the drop of the 1st mini-boss

Giant Faceworm 2 - 3:00 minutes -> will determinate the drop of the 2nd mini-boss

Giant Faceworm 3 - 2:30 minutes -> will determinate the drop of the 3rd mini-boss

Giant Faceworm 4 - 3:00 minutes -> will determinate the drop of the 4th mini-boss

Faceworm queen - 5:00 minutes -> that's different!!

for a total of: 16 minutes

It wont count like this: when you kill a giant faceworm the time counted is the time that pass after you talk to CHAOS (the npc) or anyway as soon as the normal faceworms spawn. The time calculated after defeating the faceworm queen (boss) is different, it will probably calculate the WHOLE time right after you enter the istance, so in the end, looking my examples, your score will not be 16 minutes, but probably 20-25 minutes according to the time you needed to talk with npcs, buff yourself, move and so on. So your performance will be counted as 20-25 minutes and not as 16 minutes, changing your score and so your drops from the faceworm queen.

NOTE3: the giant snake skin you can get from normal giant faceworm will give a MAXIUM of +5 STAT on the bonus, this mean the best garment you can get is SpecialStat - +5 Stat - +5 Stat. Only the garment dropped by faceworm queen will give you a MAXIMUM of +7 STAT on the bonus

My personal record (with my friend Johnny) is around 21 minutes, wich will probably increase since I bought a LK card (this mean I need around 2-3 minutes to kill the boss).

There is a guy "Douku" that did it in 9 minutes (with high-end gears that should be possible)

Hope it is clear enough.

1 hour ago, Aketsu said:

@Chronos33 when I have time I will also post some more infos about pvp/woe equip if u want

That would be amazing, because I have no idea about those two topics. I will also update the Giant Snake Skin info once I have the time and I'm in the mood.

39 minutes ago, Chronos33 said:

That would be amazing, because I have no idea about those two topics. I will also update the Giant Snake Skin info once I have the time and I'm in the mood.

I tryed to pm you ingame, you should also add something about crimson weapons: don't use the npc to identify the weapons, use magnifier (or merchant skill), that's the only way to get the element enchant on weapons (you wont get any element enchant on bow, rope, violin, gun since you can already use arrows/bullets).

10 hours ago, Chronos33 said:

I'll record my next GRB fight.

I'll be waiting for that.

10 hours ago, Chronos33 said:

This guide's not about how you spend Zeny, it's about how you generate Zeny. As I said, it's up to you what you want to do with the Zeny you get.

I do realize that. This guide is very good guide.

After all the grinding and hunting, you will soon realize that you cannot spend the Zeny you worked so hard to earn.

Well you can use the zeny on more standard things like VR, TGen, Miths, etc.

22 hours ago, Hersheys said:

Well you can use the zeny on more standard things like VR, TGen, Miths, etc.

True, but eventually you will have all of those, and have no need for more.

What do you do then? How would you buy high priced items such as Tao, LK, Thana, Sash, or symbols? Or ultra rare headgears?

Not everyone will accept Zeny. I know some players who have absurd amounts of Zeny but cannot buy anything with it.

Well I bought a LK for 8.5b and found someone selling Tao for around 10b. Also someone is selling nightmare for 4b. You can buy a decent giant snake skin/temporal boots (and here you need agaim 4-5b) so you need enough zeny XD you need zeny also for improved accessorys...don't you? :P