Everade

Emergency Maintenance

Maintenance finished.

Our hoster scheduled an emergency maintenance for today!
I recieved the e-mail just a few minutes ago, so there was no way for me to inform you earlier.
We're forced to let GatheringRO offline during this entire time window since i can not predict their restarts. Forced restarts are critical for us and can possibly damage player data. I apologize for this short-term notification and will kick our hosters butt for not telling us earlier!
This night Tue., 09/Jan/2018, between 21:00 and 09:00 on the next day. (server time)

Here's the message from our hoster:

Emergency maintenance work is scheduled for your server this night Tue., 09/Jan/2018, between 21:00 and 09:00 on the next day. The reason for the short-term maintenance is caused by the recently released security vulnerabilities 'Meltdown' and 'Spectre' (https://spectreattack.com/).

This applies to your root server, whose system's software will be updated:

The server will be restarted multiple times during the maintenance window.

For Host Europe, the highest priority is to provide first class hosting and ensure the smooth operation and security of your systems. Therefore, we want to apologize for any inconvenience caused by the short-term notification of this maintenance work and the resulting inconvenience.

Thank you for your understanding.

In my opinion, spectre/meltdown just like heartbleed on SSL. Its exist by design, and even Intel said this is a "hidden feature" in their processors. By the way, its good to know that gRO's hosting provider have been in touch with chip vendors and taking fast action to mitigate this issue. But not good for me whom using virtual instances from Vultr and DigitalOcean, since no ETA from them to mitigate this vulnerabilities. /swt

6 hours ago, Everade said:

I apologize for this short-term notification and will kick our hosters butt for not telling us earlier!

+1 To this. /slur

When server will be up again??

Should be back in 3 hours

Cannot claim reward from WorldBoss, says it is maximum already even though this is a new day?

I'm sorry for the delay.
I was at work somewhere in the mountains without any internet connection.
So it took a while before i was able to connect to the server with my smartphone to restart the GatheringRO Server.

gRO is back online since about 11o'clock and the website is back online since right now.

@D e M o N
Since the server was offline during midnight, there was no possibility for the game to reset the variables at midnight.