Aii

Masquerade Resistance

Question

Is there any way to get more resistance against masquerade besides gtb?

I read in irowiki or other forum, they said agi and weight will give more resistance to it, but tried with 255 total agi and 90% weight, but still 100% getting masquerade.

so, is there any way?

AFAIK, AGI gives resist to masquerade,  during early renewal days only, but when full renewal takes place AGI only reduces it's duration. I also checked iRO - Status Effect: Masquerade and it's also written there ( that page is updated January 2018 ).

Masquerade

This status ailment causes the following effects:

• Varies by skill

This status ailment is caused by:

To assist in recovering from this ailment:

• AGI reduce the duration

2 hours ago, Aii said:

Is there any way to get more resistance against masquerade besides gtb?

I read in irowiki or other forum, they said agi and weight will give more resistance to it, but tried with 255 total agi and 90% weight, but still 100% getting masquerade.

so, is there any way?

If the SC who is casting Masquerade on you has high agi, then it cancels out your agi resist.

Something like (Enemy Agi - Caster Agi) = total agi resist

This is not an exact formula.

I am afraid Chasers are the mortal enemy of Rebellions and Rangers. You will simply have to rely on the most prominent strategy of them all: run.

We already have a custom mechanic in place in that we allow GTB to completely block all masquerade skills. You haven't suggested it but in case someone was going to do it: given that there is a way to block all masquerades, making it easier to resist them on top of that would be quite unfair. 

(P.S.: It is interesting to see that on official forums people who ask for help against chasers are basically told their only option is to run. Chasers are the Chuck Norris of Ragnarok!)

5 hours ago, Rayleigh said:

(P.S.: It is interesting to see that on official forums people who ask for help against chasers are basically told their only option is to run. Chasers are the Chuck Norris of Ragnarok!)

On any server, a Genetic can counter 99% of Chaser skills.

Genetic + GTB + FCP + The ability to use potion pitcher on a NO YGG/POTION Server = Useless SC.

A Genetic with the right items is IMMORTAL when facing SC on this GatheringRO.

@Rayleigh or anyone, can you confirm if AGI reduce masquerades duration in our server, like what I saw in iRO wiki. I'm sorry if I added a different question in this thread, but it can also be a useful information. 

PS. As much as I want to test it out myself, but I don't have any SC atm nor any friends (sad life) to test that out. TIA!

5 hours ago, KUNETT said:

@Rayleigh or anyone, can you confirm if AGI reduce masquerades duration in our server, like what I saw in iRO wiki. I'm sorry if this I added a different question in this thread, but it can also be a useful information. 

PS. As much as I want to test it out myself, but I don't have any SC atm nor any friends (sad life) to test that out. TIA!

Could you post the link that states Agi reduces the duration?

I'm also not sure about it, haven't tested that's why I'm also trying to ask for clarifications on this matter. I am merely relying on the information/notes that I found.

The information is wrong. The duration is a fixed 5+5*level seconds, making it 20 seconds at level 3. There is no source code that reduces the duration, only a formula that calculates the chance of success by subtracting two values based on the caster's and the target's stats respectively. 

This is the formula:

Caster's: level/10 + random value between "dex/12 and dex/4" + job level + 10* skill level (max lvl is 3, so this is always 30)

minus

Target's: level/10 + random value between "agi/6 and agi/4" + luk/10 + ((max weight/10 - current weight/10)/100)

Given the above formula, a max level Shadow Chaser with 180 dex would yield min. 190 and max. 220 for the first value.

Based on the second part of the formula, a max level target with, say, 165 agi, 100 luk and a weight difference of, say, 3000 would yield min. 65 and max. 91 for the second value. Basically resulting in a 1% chance to resist and that is if he is lucky.

By increasing your luk and agi you can probably reach 5-10% resistance if your random value is really high and that of the caster really low.

I have already told you how I personally feel about this: I don't really mind the success rate, since we have GTB to make it zero but I can understand that Rangers/Rebellions might feel frustrated upon seeing this. The job level part in the formula is pretty much overkill, resulting in a big value for the caster.

You are free to discuss the formula but always keep in mind GTB.

Lastly, there is also a part in the code that regulates the max success rate, which is currently at 100.

What about a custom weapon card that gives immunity to all Masquerades but will only take effect if worn by an Archer or Gunslinger class? There's some custom monsters in the GM Castle that have no card drops ;p

I don't know what you can do as a Gunslinger but I don't encounter Shadow Chasers much in WoE. When I do, I just wear a GTB and then my Merc and I just stabs the crap out of them XD

7 hours ago, Hersheys said:

What about a custom weapon card that gives immunity to all Masquerades but will only take effect if worn by an Archer or Gunslinger class? There's some custom monsters in the GM Castle that have no card drops ;p

I don't know what you can do as a Gunslinger but I don't encounter Shadow Chasers much in WoE. When I do, I just wear a GTB and then my Merc and I just stabs the crap out of them XD

This is just too biased in my opinion since the masquerades and a few debuffs (one is dispel/white imprison to be specific) are the only ones that makes it risky for people to use 2 handed weapons and not worry in not wearing gtb. As such, they will surely be able to just wear thana + the card you suggest and not worry about getting dispelled if they can get through without the buffs to be dispelled and fight with less-risked very strong damage on their chars. It will allow people to just wear thara frog card against SC which will reduce their damage a lot (which is a problem for SC already) and just wear Amon Ra card (which procs kyrie and will again lessen the damage output a SC can do). Also, a ranger can always use shields and shield cards which i often do with my ranger based on my experience which goes the same with gunslingers but there is no such card that will give shadow chasers the power to pierce their masquerade through gtb or the card you suggest. SC is already a very less played char in the game and this suggestion will just make it more and more less useful in my opinion.

But the weapon card I suggested will only take effect if worn by an Archer or Gunslinger class. Zero effect if worn by any other class. There are already cards that are like that, taking effect only if worn by a certain class XD

Yea, I don't have that much of a problem against most SC's. My Ranger can equip a dagger that can deal good damage though. Gunslinger's only option for a one-handed weapon, if they wear a shield with a GTB, is a Balmung... and apparently the Balmung reduces ASPD by a ton

8 hours ago, Hersheys said:

How is that a good idea?

For Gunslingers, I guess. Rangers can equip daggers with a GTB+Shield. Gunslingers can't equip anything except for a Balmung. But the Balmung massively reduces their ASPD

7 hours ago, Hersheys said:

For Gunslingers, I guess. Rangers can equip daggers with a GTB+Shield. Gunslingers can't equip anything except for a Balmung. But the Balmung massively reduces their ASPD

True. Rebels and Rangers also have x2 (or better) the range vs SC.

Yea but most of those skills are reliant on a bow or a gun. With no bow, a Ranger can rely on a Warg/Falcon/and Traps only while the SC still has the full arsenal. It's probably worse for a Gunslinger.

12 minutes ago, Hersheys said:

Yea but most of those skills are reliant on a bow or a gun. With no bow, a Ranger can rely on a Warg/Falcon/and Traps only while the SC still has the full arsenal. It's probably worse for a Gunslinger.

Yes, and Masquerade range is 3 cells. Rapid shower range is 15 cells. Arrow Storm range, 20 cells. (Just examples of offensive skills)

Do you realize how close 3 cells is? And you want a card specifically made for Rangers/Rebels to be immune to Masquerade?

Well, it seems even a standard SC is able to close the gap and then Masquerade without that much difficulty. Topic starter is the most pro Rebellion around right now, yet is having trouble avoiding a Masquerade. I would get it if the Masquerade came from Khai, sadam, or Gelo... but even the standard SC is able to close the distance.

I'm just riding along with the wagon, really. I don't have that much of a problem fighting against SC's and I'm not the most versatile build Ranger around, as I'm excessively reliant on zerking. I just figured, Gunslingers have it much harder since they only have a Balmung as a weapon +GTB to use against SC's to prevent from being Masqueraded. What about if the card is just for Gunslingers then?

11 hours ago, Hersheys said:

I just figured, Gunslingers have it much harder since they only have a Balmung as a weapon +GTB to use against SC's to prevent from being Masqueraded. What about if the card is just for Gunslingers then?

I think the custom made cards such as grb,skoll etc etc are quite well thought for balancing. However i can't see this weapon card fit in the category and i'll explain you why.

Lets compare Shura v.s Gx / Sc v.s Rebellion

Overview

Shura                                Rebellion

Dangerouse Soul Collect      vs        Rich's Coin      

Body Relocation                     vs        Fallen Angel     

Glt.Cross                                     Shadow Chaser

Dark Illusion                                   vs               Fly Side Kick (a second class choice skill)

Venom Pressure (oblivion)          vs               Masquerade-Ignorance

1. A rebellion is quite similar to shura. A shura wil also have a hard time to avoid oblivion poison ( That is just basically like asking anti oblivion card for every class that doesn't have kyrie,safety wall or any protecting skill that can't counter it .)

2. Every class has their own potential/weakness and is what making the players to try them out. All you gotta do is keep testing,testing and testing.  ps. A rebellion is stil a ranged class with tons of gun skills and types. (Every class has their own weakness, its part of the ragnarok for you to find out a way to counter it. That's the fun part of it >.O

I stil think we should follow the official more and take the  gtb as a note for the balancing. Unless the "Dante Of Devil May Cry" actually felt the need of joinning in Ragnarok to make this possible in official ragnarok. But that's most likely won't happen :p...

14 hours ago, Hersheys said:

Did a suggestion about the aspd reduction, it will be cool if it has same aspd as ranger when equipping balmung..xD

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.