Question

I hope this is the right topic to put it in. When not i'm deeply sorry!

Well, I noticed something, and idk if that on purpose or not that's why I ask. So if I use a prism I cant use any costume, because the costume won't be visible. I think this is quite sad, I mean the prism was very nice when we hadn't any costume because we where able to transform our fav headgear in a usable helm ♥ But idk how others are, but I easily get bored of a style and then would start the time I use costumes + prism, to change my style. So if anyone could answear this I would be super happy! /lv

20 answers to this question

Prism was our original approach of a costume system.
In the meantime the costume system has been officialy implemented which made one of the prism its main purpose obsolete.

However the prism system is very unique and basically triggers when you start wearing it and when you take it off.
There's no way for us to prioritize costume over the prism effect due the official costume system design.

The prism is simply to powerful to let a weak costume take over /heh

I guess one approach on "fixing" this issue would be to remove the prism visual effect entirely.

However that would also mean that the prism is missing an actual sprite.

The costume won't even be visible after you take off the prism. You'll have to take off and put the costume back on. Back then, prism sprite was visible if you wear an upper+mid single costume like costume Lord of Death. I think costume Sphinx hat was visible with a prism too. But prism always seemed to have priority over an upper costume

10 minutes ago, Autumn Angel said:

Yes I know ;_; I tried everything to make it visible...That's really sad TUT </3

Technically, a prism gives a costume sprite. And prisms have a higher priority to show up as a headgear.

This is why it "overwrites" a costume. Can't wear 2 costumes so when you take prism off, it appears as if you removed your costume.

3 minutes ago, D e M o N said:

Technically, a prism gives a costume sprite.

This is why it "overwrites" a costume. Can't wear 2 costumes so when you take prism off, it appears as if you removed your costume.

But that's still sad, cuz even when I use a prism I would be able to change my style...without throwing the prism in the trash ;-; </3

On the bright side, you could change your prism sprite still XD

The thing is just when u use a more rare headgear you have only once you won't get it back :'D

Sure you can say now "than don't use it" but if it looks good hnng ;_; </3 And than when u get bored u could use another one for sure...but then the headgear gets waste

2 hours ago, Everade said:

Prism was our original approach of a costume system.
In the meantime the costume system has been officialy implemented which made one of the prism its main purpose obsolete.

However the prism system is very unique and basically triggers when you start wearing it and when you take it off.
There's no way for us to prioritize costume over the prism effect due the official costume system design.

I guess one approach on "fixing" this issue would be to remove the prism visual effect entirely.

Oh I see, but that would also make prisms purpose unnecessary Dx I really loved prism back than when he had no costume <333 So I was able to put my ugly lux hat in the trash /ok But for now it's sad that it doesn't work. For me a reason not to waste my materials on a prism even if it has nice effects ;-; /but since I only use it for my ab I also can use lux+costume..but there are some headgears who don't exist as costume I would love to use as prism Dx

But thanks for taking time and replying my question ^-^! I very appreciate it~/lov2

The Prism still has its purpose as a legendary headgear with powerful stats.
Don't forget that it's still pretty unique since you can actually change its effects as well.

So it's not entirely usless, not at all /no1

Ah no no I meant it will make the prism unnecessary when you do this

I didn't mean that the prism itself is unnecessary ~ I still love the prism and the effects C: I also know ppl who still preffer prism over DLH/BVH /lv

And now starts the funny part that I'm on my way to create my second and new prism for my new main acc....despite all this hahahah /heh Just need to find a good headgear, which is lovely but not too rare~

On 2.3.2018 at 4:52 PM, Everade said:

My scripting powers are eternal! ... and so is my prism. Just kidding:

I think I still remember my code: I'm pretty sure it can be revised by adding a check on unequip, checking the permanent sprite variable with the costume sprite. Something along the likes of: (1) if costume sprite is empty and unequip prism, remove sprite (2) if costume sprite = prism sprite, keep sprite (3) if costume sprite != prism sprite, keep costume sprite. PS: by doing a similar check on equip you can prioritize costume > prism as well if you want

Cheers guys, happy to see GatheringRO still going!

3 minutes ago, Holly Enix said:

My scripting powers are eternal!

I think I still remember my code: I'm pretty sure it can be revised by adding a check on unequip, checking the permanent sprite variable with the costume sprite.

Something along the likes of: (1) if costume sprite is empty and unequip prism, remove sprite (2) if costume sprite = prism sprite, keep sprite (3) if costume sprite != prism sprite, keep costume sprite. PS: by doing a similar check on equip you can prioritize costume > prism as well if you want

Oh wow, hey Holly :D

Will take a look at it. Although i'm not sure if you can actualy check if it's a costume sprite by a scripting command. /no1

10 minutes ago, Everade said:

Oh wow, hey Holly :D

Will take a look at it. Although i'm not sure if you can actualy check if it's a costume sprite by a scripting command. /no1

Hey hey Marc,

don't remember the specifics, but pretty sure you can work around with "getequipid" command and check the costume id to determine its sprite id and compare the variables. Drop a private message on forums if you need more.

Cheers

3 hours ago, Holly Enix said:

Hey hey Marc,

don't remember the specifics, but pretty sure you can work around with "getequipid" command and check the costume id to determine its sprite id and compare the variables. Drop a private message on forums if you need more.

Cheers

The problem here is that this might interfere depending on the costume type.
But i will give it a try, could possibly workout ;)

8 hours ago, Holly Enix said:

My scripting powers are eternal! ... and so is my prism. Just kidding:

I think I still remember my code: I'm pretty sure it can be revised by adding a check on unequip, checking the permanent sprite variable with the costume sprite. Something along the likes of: (1) if costume sprite is empty and unequip prism, remove sprite (2) if costume sprite = prism sprite, keep sprite (3) if costume sprite != prism sprite, keep costume sprite. PS: by doing a similar check on equip you can prioritize costume > prism as well if you want

OMG!! Hi Renee!! /lv

How are you doing? Are you back to script prism? xD

8 hours ago, Holly Enix said:

Hey hey Marc,

Cheers

HOLY CRAP HI HOLLY!!!!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.