Jump to content
  • 0
D e M o N

Preventing Abuse during BG?

Question

During Battle Grounds,   players are using the warp feature to escape from traps then they come back.

 

The problem with this is that when they come back, the traps are still on the ground and you cannot recast trap until the duration ends.

 

For example, if SC class uses manhole on enemy player, they will use warper to get out of manhole and come back.

 

 

Would it be possible to disable using the warp feature while a player is trapped?

 

If this is not possible, an alternative work around would be for the trap skills to end if a player uses the warper to escape.

 

===========================================================

 

Just another issue to add for consideration, if a Sorcerer's Elemental summon is trapped in Manhole, and sorc moves away

 

The summoned elemental will teleport away and manhole will still be active but cannot trap anyone else.

 

I would suggest the Elemental summons cannot be trapped in manhole.

Or

Manhole duration will end if the summoned elemental teleports away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
2 minutes ago, D e M o N said:

 

So.. Is it better to just leave things the way they are?

 

Or allow players to use flag to escape but the trap duration  will end if the trapped player escapes using flag?

yup its okay buddy, since they can only do that on those maps.  😉

 

and often customizing is not good on the health of our server. so let's just  leave it that way, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, Koxy said:

u meant for the flag warper??

 

There is only 1 kind of warper in WoE type BG, so I'm sure you know what I am talking about and you know that your question is absolutely pointless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
38 minutes ago, Slowmotion said:

yea he mean the flags but i dont see it as abuse its kind of a tactical move

 

Examples: (without using crazy vines)

Imagine you are using your Genetic and you trap someone with torn trap and they escape using warper.

 

And you can't cast  another trap until the duration ends, is that really a tactical move?

 

 

What if you use ranger and you are limited to using only 3 traps? (I know you can use more, this is just an example.)

 

And you trap 3 enemies, and all  of them uses warper to escape, and now your trap is "occupied" and you can't cast

 

another trap until the duration ends. Is it still "tactical"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Well Vio, these tactic people using as long as i know. Of course its irritating me when they can escape like that (before in woe, they using WOE scroll to warp back to the core) that more stupid obviously, now they just alt+f4. xD

if its there tactic, its call "Coward Tactic". 

For BG, i think its come along from the beginning. Just let see how GM gonna said bout it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
9 minutes ago, Koxy said:

Well Vio, these tactic people using as long as i know. Of course its irritating me when they can escape like that (before in woe, they using WOE scroll to warp back to the core) that more stupid obviously, now they just alt+f4. xD

if its there tactic, its call "Coward Tactic". 

For BG, i think its come along from the beginning. Just let see how GM gonna said bout it.

 

Just like the time people were abusing malangdo cans to escape from PvP/WoE.

 

Some would even do Asura / Self Destruction / Sacrifice and warp out with malangdo cans to prevent death record.

 

And of course, they repeat multiple times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
10 hours ago, D e M o N said:

 

Examples: (without using crazy vines)

Imagine you are using your Genetic and you trap someone with torn trap and they escape using warper.

 

And you can't cast  another trap until the duration ends, is that really a tactical move?

 

 

What if you use ranger and you are limited to using only 3 traps? (I know you can use more, this is just an example.)

 

And you trap 3 enemies, and all  of them uses warper to escape, and now your trap is "occupied" and you can't cast

 

another trap until the duration ends. Is it still "tactical"?

common vio u cant compare traps with manhole, in a trap u can still use skills or do something in manhole u cant do a shit.... i was playing bg we had to break emp and i had a sc against me

that dude casted 5 min manhole under me ..... 5 min watching how he cast again and again and again manhole under me this is fair ???? u cant place traps or thorn trap direct under the ppl , it has to be 2or3 cells between enermy and trap ...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
12 minutes ago, Slowmotion said:

common vio u cant compare traps with manhole, in a trap u can still use skills or do something in manhole u cant do a shit.... i was playing bg we had to break emp and i had a sc against me

that dude casted 5 min manhole under me ..... 5 min watching how he cast again and again and again manhole under me this is fair ???? u cant place traps or thorn trap direct under the ppl , it has to be 2or3 cells between enermy and trap ...

 

 

Yes, you are right. Trap skills cannot be compared with each other.

 

But the purpose of trap skills is to disable enemies for a short period of time, right?

If you are able to escape these traps with the using the flag warper, what is the purpose of traps?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 minutes ago, D e M o N said:

 

Yes, you are right. Trap skills cannot be compared with each other.

 

But the purpose of trap skills is to disable enemies for a short period of time, right?

If you are able to escape these traps with the using the flag warper, what is the purpose of traps?

short time ??? trap holds u 10 or 15 sec dunno ,with manhole u can hold the enermy the whole battle this is short time for u??? we was playing 3on3 he manhole 3 ppl... after that game everyone was pissed and quit bg playing so this is the better way? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
15 minutes ago, Slowmotion said:

short time ??? trap holds u 10 or 15 sec dunno ,with manhole u can hold the enermy the whole battle this is short time for u??? we was playing 3on3 he manhole 3 ppl... after that game everyone was pissed and quit bg playing so this is the better way? 

 

Manhole was reduce to 9 seconds.

 

The question is, why were all of those players bunched together in 1 spot?

If they were away from each other, SC would have hard time trapping  all 3 of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

for me its ok, since those flags are already there,

 

and if those flags are used for tactics, like escaping from traps etc. is definitely OK! =D

 

its a part of the game, even on official server,or other server, they usually use those flags to escape, so its ok buddy, its not a cheat or what, its a part of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 minutes ago, leaphar said:

for me its ok, since those flags are already there,

 

and if those flags are used for tactics, like escaping from traps etc. is definitely OK! =D

 

its a part of the game, even on official server,or other server, they usually use those flags to escape, so its ok buddy, its not a cheat or what, its a part of it.

 

So.. Is it better to just leave things the way they are?

 

Or allow players to use flag to escape but the trap duration  will end if the trapped player escapes using flag?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...