D e M o N

World Boss Nuisances

Question

Players can achieve around 105% neutral element resist with Werewolf Card.

Because of this, Belphegor, Werewolf, King Poring and other monsters/MVPs cannot hit these players.

Players who have Werewolf Card abuse this and lure Belphegor mobs. Then stand next to players allowing the mobs to continually cast Comet over and over again.

Would it be possible to give mobs elemental attacks so that players cannot abuse Werewolf Card?

The neutral effect will be entirely removed from the card due the fact that this type of effect shouldn't be present on an armor type card.
HP bonus will be increased to +50% and the def/mdef penalty will be reduced to -20% only. 

This bonus will also be removed from the Paladin card.

I think good solution to this is to make werewolf and paladin randel cards (it also adds neutral resi) give no resi when worn with Deviling card (4174), since deviling is the reason why you can reach so high resi:

Add description for ww and randel card:

[XXXXXX Card and Deviling Card combo]

Reduces resistance to Neutral property attacks by 20%.

Combo script for ww ( id 61403) with deviling 

61403:4174,{ bonus2 bSubEle,Ele_Neutral,-20; }

and for paladin randel (4565)

4565:4174,{ bonus2 bSubEle,Ele_Neutral,-20; }

i don't actually see anything wrong about it. in my own experience even i wore werewolf card, devi card and kp card or other item that can reduce neutral damage, i can still get hit by those WB monsters, because some of them use magic, so i need to switch GTB to counter it, so im not 100% immune to neutral property, AND i used YGGDRASIL BERRY or SEED, ETC..

i did'nt see anything wrong if u use elemental reduction when facing monsters or World bosses, or even CO- players on pvp woe, bg.. when using those combo items/ or equipment.

it still part of the game. each item effect has own purposes, we can gain 100% or more  reduction for  each element, but not all of them at same time,  

its just how you figure how to counter your opponent even if its a boss or what. 

5 hours ago, IronWill said:

I think good solution to this is to make werewolf and paladin randel cards (it also adds neutral resi) give no resi when worn with Deviling card (4174), since deviling is the reason why you can reach so high resi:

Add description for ww and randel card:

[XXXXXX Card and Deviling Card combo]

Reduces resistance to Neutral property attacks by 20%.

Combo script for ww ( id 61403) with deviling 

61403:4174,{ bonus2 bSubEle,Ele_Neutral,-20; }

and for paladin randel (4565)

4565:4174,{ bonus2 bSubEle,Ele_Neutral,-20; }

I thought of that too, but that is the appeal of WW card, I guess? WW should have penalties, such as "Receive 20% more damage from all other elements"

As for Randel, official version does not have neutral resist and I'm wondering it was added. >_<

2 hours ago, leaphar said:

i don't actually see anything wrong about it. in my own experience even i wore werewolf card, devi card and kp card or other item that can reduce neutral damage, i can still get hit by those WB monsters, because some of them use magic, so i need to switch GTB to counter it, so im not 100% immune to neutral property, AND i used YGGDRASIL BERRY or SEED, ETC..

i did'nt see anything wrong if u use elemental reduction when facing monsters or World bosses, or even CO- players on pvp woe, bg.. when using those combo items/ or equipment.

it still part of the game. each item effect has own purposes, we can gain 100% or more  reduction for  each element, but not all of them at same time,  

its just how you figure how to counter your opponent even if its a boss or what. 

Did you not understand what I am trying to highlight here?

The issue isn't about having high resist or  immunity to neutral element. It is the fact that the more fortunate players are abusing

it by luring strong mobs and allowing them to cast comet over and over again. They are not affected, but the other players around them are.

Ww and randel are custom cards so it may happen that players achieve situations that are otherwise not possible.

I dont think adding penalty is a goood idea, then u will literally destroy its value. Just cancel out its resi effect if worn with devi to prevent the situation you mentioned.  

20 minutes ago, IronWill said:

Ww and randel are custom cards so it may happen that players achieve situations that are otherwise not possible.

I dont think adding penalty is a goood idea, then u will literally destroy its value. Just cancel out its resi effect if worn with devi to prevent the situation you mentioned.  

Seriously? Wow, who would have thought that adding custom effects to cards leads to situations that are otherwise not possible. Lol /spin

The 20% neutral resist on WW card is what makes it unique. Usually items/card that have significantly higher bonuses than normal have penalties.

As for BioLab4 mvp cards, the new effects were added recently to make them more desirable to players. But the added bonuses are way more than they needed.

Oho, smarty pants demon, the first part of my post was actually a response to leaphar's statement that those effects are part of the game and items have their own purposes etc. It was meant to point out to leaphar that with custom items it is different, since our GMs cannot account for all kind of (future) items when adding custom ones and thus revisions might become necessary at some point.

Guess should have quoted him so that certain people can't make it look like I'm stating the obvious.

Anyway, just make the atk of belphs mobs dark element or whatever and problem solved.

51 minutes ago, IronWill said:

Oho, smarty pants demon, the first part of my post was actually a response to leaphar's statement that those effects are part of the game and items have their own purposes etc. It was meant to point out to leaphar that with custom items it is different, since our GMs cannot account for all kind of (future) items when adding custom ones and thus revisions might become necessary at some point.

Guess should have quoted him so that certain people can't make it look like I'm stating the obvious.

Anyway, just make the atk of belphs mobs dark element or whatever and problem solved.

Perhaps you now realize the importance of quoting or tagging people in a topic, eh?

If the mobs have dark element attack, then the problem would still be unsolved.

Just wear shadow armor and some other resists, and you are back to the same problem.

Each of the slave mobs should have different element attack so that players can't just wear 1 set of resists.

I would probably just ignore him until he understands what this topic is about.

Problem: Players are luring mobs to damage other players.

4 hours ago, leaphar said:

i did'nt see anything wrong if u use elemental reduction when facing monsters or World bosses.

ME : *FACEPALMS* /spin

2 hours ago, D e M o N said:

Problem: Players are luring mobs to damage other players.

ME : *FACEPALMS* /spin

i dont get it ... do u lose any expi when u die ???? if yes high rate server 30 sec and u got ur expi back let the ppl have a bit fun and kill ech other i dont see there any problems

2 minutes ago, Slowmotion said:

i dont get it ... do u lose any expi when u die ???? if yes high rate server 30 sec and u got ur expi back let the ppl have a bit fun and kill ech other i dont see there any problems

Killing people in PvP setting is fun.

But on a map where pvp is disabled it is different.

yea but vio u aint lose expi nutting if u get pissed of it take a screen and report this ppl but i dont think that ban is a good idea marc should take tax up to the shit they do start with 5b ends with 40 b what ever

25 minutes ago, Slowmotion said:

yea but vio u aint lose expi nutting if u get pissed of it take a screen and report this ppl but i dont think that ban is a good idea marc should take tax up to the shit they do start with 5b ends with 40 b what ever

The issue here is people are luring slave mobs to damage other players. That is all.

You are talking about PvP, losing experience, high rate server, allowing players to kill others outside of pvp, etc..

None of of your replies have actually made a contribution to this topic.

I'm not looking for people to be banned, I am seeking a solution where we can all enjoy World Boss Events without being killed by other players.

Have no sense, Vio, you always were luring me those mobs to me anytime you could with your summoner, and now you can notice by yourself how annoying it is? I asked you many times to stop that.

It would be enough if players can report who is luring those mobs to players in purpose like you did to me weeks ago. I also had to report you with a GM because it was annoying if you have 100%+ neutral resist and others are hitting the mob, then happen:

It take more time to kill Belphegor (in this case) if hitters are receiving anytime a Comet in their faces only for a joy of troll person.

Also, GMs have to take in consideration this fact and take care seriously those kind of reports.

ho ho ho i just read the 1st and and 2nd line of your topic =D forgive me hahaha i though you are complaining again buddy about everything =D

well buddy just take some screenies if someone do that again to you, 

or maybe its not intended to lure those belphe guards to other player and let them die. personally in my own experience, those guards are also attacking my Genx and since im wearing those sets they cannot hit me, but the good thing is players are free to hit belphe w/out getting attack by those guards, co'z i already have those guards around me, and tanking them =D and make us to kill Belphe easily ❤️ 

28 minutes ago, leaphar said:

ho ho ho i just read the 1st and and 2nd line of your topic =D forgive me hahaha i though you are complaining again buddy about everything =D

well buddy just take some screenies if someone do that again to you, 

or maybe its not intended to lure those belphe guards to other player and let them die. personally in my own experience, those guards are also attacking my Genx and since im wearing those sets they cannot hit me, but the good thing is players are free to hit belphe w/out getting attack by those guards, co'z i already have those guards around me, and tanking them =D and make us to kill Belphe easily ❤️ 

Yeah bro, I'm sure it wasn't intended.

I asked this person to stop luring mobs because they will cast comet over and over again.

They said they weren't affected by comet because they had GTB. (This made no sense /spin )

So I killed the mobs, and they got mad.

Oh my, shuichi has just given this conversation an unexpected turn. It appears the topic starter is playing the victim to circumstances he himself created. What a truly interesting development indeed.

Since you didn't refute shuichi's statements, I'd say the verdict is clear: guilty as charged.

I stand by my words from earlier, report people who do this (in the future) to make it stop. 

20 hours ago, IronWill said:

Oh my, shuichi has just given this conversation an unexpected turn. It appears the topic starter is playing the victim to circumstances he himself created. What a truly interesting development indeed.

Since you didn't refute shuichi's statements, I'd say the verdict is clear: guilty as charged.

I stand by my words from earlier, report people who do this (in the future) to make it stop. 

Here is my side of the story:

I had just made doram (at the time) and decided to use it for WBE.

Clicking picky peck over and over again only to misclick and hit the mobs because they stand so

close to the boss and then of course they will chase me, cast dragon howling followed by comet.

So yeah.. There you go.. /spin

I guess your decision... but wasn't werewolf card adjusted because it was weak (added +20 n.resist)? Now you are adjusting it again and making it again as lame as it was before? Now its just worse Tao... Around a week ago I just bought werewolf and now I can basically throw it on the ground. 

Its initial design was a half tao.
The neutral effect simply shouldn't be there because it's an armor type card and armor type cards are not supposed to have this effect due a natural imbalance that it can cause.
Suggestions for an additional different effect are always welcome here or as a new feedback topic ;)

This is mainly to fix an issue which should not have been there in the first place.