Sign in to follow this  
Sanaaa

Ichi's PvP Guide for Royal Guard

Welcome to a Guide for the Panzer of GatheringRO!

Hello guys, here i am again to share to you a guide that mainly consists of my knowledge about RG and how i play the class which i believe will provide decent knowledge for people who plays or wants to play RG. I will share 2 builds that i do which i call "Sacrifice & Tank RG" and "Hybrid STR RG".

What is Royal Guard?

Spoiler

Royal Guards are an elite order of Crusaders and Paladins that originally served under King Schmidtz of Glast Heim. King Schmidtz knew that to defend his kingdom from the terrors and chaos of the world he would need a special defense unit that answered only to him. That is how the Griffon-riding Royal Guards came to be. Their name is often abbreviated and then referred to as just "RG".

Why Royal Guard?

Spoiler

RG is a char with high hp pool and travels riding a Griffon(mount) which increases movement speed. Its a very good char for reducing/evading and tanking damages, and is also a very good support for taking the damages dealt to an ally by linking with them using Devotion skill. RG can also deal high burst damage using Sacrifice, deal constant dps with the skill Overbrand, debuff people by making them sit with Moonslasher skill and by breaking their gears using Pinpoint Attack. Pretty nifty isn't it? /fsh 

Sacrifice / Tank Build RG (Cheap/Budget Build)

This build relies a lot on hp pool and hp regen increasing items as it's meant for tanking the damages to create space for the team and merely relies on Sacrifice skill to deal high damage with the cost of RG's own hp.

Spoiler

Stat Build:

Spoiler

Strength: Sacri RG doesn't need much str. Only need enough to carry gears for switching and etc. Around 20-50.

Vitality: Sacri RG needs a lot of vit to increase hp pool to be able to tank more damage and deal more damage with sacrifice. Around 180-200.

Intelligence: Put 99 int to get max effect of Amon Ra card or put more to increase dodge chance of Prestige skill. Around 99-120.

Dexterity: Only for cast time requirement (dex * 2 + int = 530). You can do your own computation with this. Around 130-150 (will vary depending on your build).

Agility: Til 193 aspd. As you'd notice i tend to put agi as second to the last cause i first compute my dex and int (dex adds aspd) then use my aspd increasing buffs(berserk pot, +20 dex and agi food, spear quicken etc.) or items before adding up agi and i'll add til i get 193 aspd. Around 150-170 (will vary depending on your build).

Luck: Put the rest to luk to increase prestige magic evasion chance and increase debuff resistance. Around 100-150 but should never go lower than 77(will vary depending on your build).

Sacri RG Item Guide:

Spoiler

Set of Weapons: Sacri RG weapons would mostly contain debuff cards only to provide more desolation to enemies which makes 4 slotted spears the ideal weapons

Spoiler

1416.gifTjungkuletti[4] - You'll have to wish for luck to get non-slotted tjungs into 4 slotted. Obtainable via Pro Hunter Coins or chests from guild dungeon or castle loots.
1408.gifPike[4] - Dropped by Wormtail.

1402.gifJavelin[4] - Dropped by Rocker.

My Weapon Card Combinations:

card.gifStormy Knight Card(4x) - Sacrifice is a forced neutral skill which means its reduced by Ghostring Card as armor but you can remove its reduce by freezing enemy which makes its armor element turn into water. You can also combine this weap with long range skills such as Shield Boomerang or Banishing Point to freeze enemies from afar to close distance and burst them with Sacri.

card.gifBanaspaty Card(3x) + card.gifLord of Death Card or card.gifMaero of Thanatos Card - mainly to be used to burn and debuff enemies with high hp to reduce them bit by bit first before taking the risk of damaging them with Sacri.

card.gifStormy Knight Card + card.gifWhitesmith / Mastersmith Card + card.gifRandgris Card + card.gifCorruption Root Card - Mainly to keep trying breaking enemy gears with WS card or dispel them with Randgris card. SK and CR card is mainly there to keep making enemy stop and stop from whatever they might do to retaliate why you try to debuff them.

Headgears:

Spoiler

Upper Headgears: (card.gifArc Angelring Card,  card.gifMaya Purple Card, card.gifLord Knight Card )

Use LK card for switching when dying. Be sure to load Sacri first before using zerk for max hp sacri damage.

5308.gifBrazillian National Flag Hat[1] - Increases movement speed. Very recommended hg as RG needs fast movement speed if is heading for a kill. Quest item.

63006.png?nocache=1994575709 Helm of Hermes[1] - Same as braz hat but gives additional +3 stats. Obtainable via Pro Hunt Coins.

63101.png?nocache=587216444Cosmic Infinity Helm[1] - Also same as Braz and HoH but gives +10 all stats. A luxury item, indeed worth it but i'd rather stick to the HoH or braz first and use the resources for other items or gears unless im already rich af. Quest item.

Blessed Valkyrie Helm Blessed Valkyrie helm[1] - Gives +15 all stats. Quest item.

63001.png?nocache=742201125Dark Lord Helm[1] - So far the best headgear for increasing HP. This is a must for Sacri RG.

Middle Headgears: (card.gifArc Angelring Card,  card.gifMaya Purple Card,  card.gifLord Knight Card )

Use LK card for switching when dying. Be sure to load Sacri first before using zerk for max hp sacri damage.

Any slotted midhg or 18503.gifSmall Devil Horns to increase more HP.

Lower Headgear: (Card IconBungisngis Card (needs lower hg with refine), Card IconLeaf Cat Card)

63026.png?nocache=1696950639Nebula Aura[1] - Provides mdef and chances to cast defensive skill. 

63037.png?nocache=2079590295Poring Rucksack[1] - Provides +5 vit and str. Vote shop item

63338.png?nocache=189454803 Rainbow Rucksack[1] - Provides +3 all stats. Chance to get this when slotting Poring rucksack or Devi rucksack.

63340.png?nocache=777974984Rainbow Sash[1] - Provides +5 all stats. Overall a luxury item for those who are rich enough to get themselves one or lucky enough to turn their nebula aura into one. Chance to get thiis when slotting nebula aura. (Unrefineable)

Armors:

Spoiler

Armor: (Card IconTao Gunka Card, Card IconGR Card, Card IconGarm Card, Card IconDetale / Marc Card, Card IconBuwaya Card ). Tao Gunka is the main card as its the best armor card for increasing hp.

15046.gif+9 Siege Plate[1] - The best armor in terms for increasing hp pool. +9 refine is a must to get the increase hp effect. Highly recommended and it's cheap and easy to get. Obtainable via World Investment or castle chest. 

15047.png?nocache=1402842399 +6 - +9 Siege Suit[1] - Budget armor which gives helluva good resist and hp. Best used with set. Recommended to use together with Garm/Gr/Detale/Buwaya for reducing damage when the need to retreat comes. Obtainable via World Investment or castle chest.

2383.gifBrynhild[1] - Quite the ideal armor as it increases hp and sp and is unbreakable. Obtainable via GM Castle.

65112.png?nocache=1663283041 +6 - +9 Emperium Armor[1] - A better version of Siege Suit which adds more resist, atk, and stats etc. Best used with set. Not too recommended for Sacri RG as you'd be wasting the other stuffs it gives such as increase atk etc. Obtainable via Emp frags or Emp Armor chest. 

Garments:

Spoiler

Garment: (Card IconRaydric CardCard IconNoxious Card, Card IconGuardian Kades Card, Card IconFarbjodur Card, Card IconDeviling Card, Card IconAssassin Cross Card )

2586.png?nocache=1839108820 Siege Manteau[1] - For Siege suit/plate set. Obtainable via World Investment.

20717.png?nocache=2024125312 Gigant Snake Skin[1] - Gives added stats and good when combined with temporal boots as it increases your hp a lot. Obtainable via Faceworm Nest.

2576.png Adventurer's Backpack[1] - Gives pretty good bonuses tho i usually use set and only use this together with Deviling card when facing RG / Genetic because it adds +15% reduce to neutral. Obtainable via Pro Hunter Coin.

2524.png?nocache=1456094761+9 - +20 Valkyrie Manteau[1] - Provides melee reflect damage the higher the refine. Good against melee. Dropped by Randgris. 

2541.png?nocache=562951133 Asprika - Good for reducing melee damage. Obtainable via GM Castle.

Footgears:

Spoiler

Footgear:(Card IconMoonlight Flower Card, Card IconAmon Ra Card, Card IconBoss Egnigem Card)

2484.png?nocache=216268275 Siege Boots[1] -  For Siege suit set. Obtainable via World Investment.

2483.gifSiege Greaves[1]For Siege plate set. Obtainable via World Investment.

65114.png?nocache=726059175 +6 - +9 Emperium Boots[1] -  For Emp set. Obtainable via Emp frags or Emp Armor Chest.

2410.png?nocache=1354898476 Sleipnir - God item that gives movement speed, hp, and hp regen. God Item Quest.

22003.gifTemporal Vit Boots[1] - Increases your HP a lot together with GSS.  Obtainable via OGH's temporal crystals.

2492.png?nocache=1783941906 +12 Bayani Bangungot Boots of Nightmare[1] - Adds movement speed if +12, in case you wanna use Boss Egnimen card with free moonie to run and regen when out of sp for example.

22072.png?nocache=489510399 +12 Hiking Boots[1] - Same as Bangu boots but adds more hp and sp. Obtainable via Pro Hunter Coins.

Shields:

Spoiler

Shield:(Card IconGolden Thiefbug Card, Card IconMaya Card, Card IconThara Frog Card, Card IconKing Poring Card)

RG shields are best with higher refine to increase more chance proc of Shield Spell Skill.

2115.png?nocache=2052941556 Valkyrie Shield[1] - Gives good reduction for few elements.

63900.png?nocache=1207691017 Emperium Buckler[1] - Same effect with valk shield but adds few more bonuses.

63905.png?nocache=1329321178 Emperium Guard[1] - Gives a sure reflect chance from melee damage which means you can debuff melee enemies with your debuff weapon + reflect shield while they're hitting you (For example sp draining weap, their sp being drained from your melee attack and their sp being drained from their own attack).

2123.png?nocache=1806624107 Orlean's shield[1] - Gives 5% more chance for reflecting single target skills. Best combined with Maya Card.

Accessories:

Spoiler

Accessory: (Card IconAlligator Card, Card IconHorong Card, Card IconErrende Card)

2881.png?nocache=685467211Necklace[1] - Increases vit. Change to get from Old Blue Box.

2881.png?nocache=685467211Improved Necklace[1] - Improved version of necklace. Increases more hp.

Gentle Heart[1] - Increases max hp and provides hp regen. Obtainable via Celine Kimi Instance.

Sacri RG Skill Set:

In this part i'm only going to talk about the skill that are of relevant use to me.

Spoiler

Buffs:

cr_autoguard.gif Auto Guard - Blocks physical attacks with a percentage.

cr_shrink.gif Shrink - Pushes the enemy backwards 2 cells when auto guard blocks an attack. To be used together with AG and is not relevant during BG or WoE. 

lg_reflectdamage.gif Reflect Damage - Reflects enemy damage.

cr_spearquicken.gif Spear Quicken - Increases attack speed. Spear weapon required.

lg_exeedbreak.gif Exceed Break - Increases next melee physical attack you do. Deceases movement speed when active.

lg_prestige.gif Prestige - Adds a chance to evade magic damage and increases physical defense.

lg_forceofvanguard.gif Vanguard Force - Increases def and max hp. Skill is cancelled out when you use it again.

lg_piety.gif Piety - Endows armor with holy element. Best to counter Adoramus/Judex/Holy Light. Makes Rebellions that uses Platinum Alter not to deal much damage against you which will force them to switch element and remove their protection. Good combination with Guardian Kades Card.

cr_defender.gif Defender - A buff you can turn on and off that decreases long range attack damage you take but slows you down a lot when active.

Other Skills:

pa_sacrifice.gif Sacrifice - Your main skill in dealing burst damage. Deals damage depending on how high your max hp is. Forced Neutral and makes you lose hp with every hit.

sm_magnum.gif Magnum Break - Your combo skill with Sacri. Cast before hitting with sacri as it increases its damage.

cr_shieldboomerang.gif Shield Boomerang - Long range skill best combined with a 4x SK weap to freeze enemies from a distance.

pa_gospel.gif Gospel - Removes most buffs and debuffs that is on your char. Best to counter against Thorn Trap of Genetics and Silverine Stem Root of Doram which a lot of people doesn't know, Strips, Slows, etc.

lg_moonslasher.gif Moon Slasher - Forces chars on the skill's range to sit. Reveals invis and takes weapon debuff with it.

lg_kings_grace.gif King's Grace - Recovers your HP and party members on its range and removes debuffs.

lg_earthdrive.gif Earth Drive - Removes ground spells or traps or enemy king's grace.

lg_shieldspell.gif Shield Spell - Has various effects depending on skill level you'd take. Best for sacri RG is shield spell level 3 for healing depending on max hp pool. Refer here

lg_pinpointattack.gif Pinpoint Attack - Has a chance to destroy enemy gear. The choice of which gear to destroy varies depending on skill level.

all_full_throttle.gif Full Throttle - To be back to full hp.

lk_berserk.gif Berserk - Can be used when you have Lord Knight Card as switching. Pretty neat with RG Sacri to deal max HP Sacri when you're dying after doing 2 sets of sacri. Be sure to load sacri before zerking. Good to combo with sorc with dispel and soul change or AB with clearance and sp regen buffs. Can be also be used for zerk + altf4 combo /gg 

Hybrid Str Build RG (Expensive Build)

This build is less tankier than Sacri RG and is far more offensive, it relies heavily on attack and str thus making the stat points for prestige lesser. Offensive skills will mostly consist of Overbrand + Sacri (still a good backup against squishy ones) + shield chain.

Spoiler

Stat Build:

Spoiler

Strength: Overbrand skill relies a lot on atk and str. Around 150-200.

Vitality: Needs less vit than Sacri RG but still needs vit for HP and situational Sacrifice kills. Around 130-180

Intelligence: Put 99 int to get max effect of Amon Ra card or put more to increase dodge chance of Prestige skill. Around 99-120.

Dexterity: Only for cast time requirement (dex * 2 + int = 530). You can do your own computation with this. Around 130-150 (will vary depending on your build).

Agility: Til 193 aspd. As you'd notice i tend to put agi as second to the last cause i first compute my dex and int (dex adds aspd) then use my aspd increasing buffs(berserk pot, +20 dex and agi food, spear quicken etc.) or items before adding up agi and i'll add til i get 193 aspd. Around 150-170 (will vary depending on your build).

Luck: Put the rest to luk to increase prestige magic evasion chance and increase debuff resistance. Around 50-100(will vary depending on your build).

Hybrid RG Item Guide:

Spoiler

Debuff Weapons:

Spoiler

1416.gifTjungkuletti[4] - You'll have to wish for luck to get non-slotted tjungs into 4 slotted. Obtainable via Pro Hunter Coins or chests from guild dungeon or castle loots.
1408.gifPike[4] - Dropped by Wormtail.

1402.gifJavelin[4] - Dropped by Rocker.

My Weapon Card Combinations:

card.gifStormy Knight Card(4x) - Sacrifice is a forced neutral skill which means its reduced by Ghostring Card as armor but you can remove its reduce by freezing enemy which makes its armor element turn into water. You can also combine this weap with long range skills such as Shield Boomerang or Banishing Point to freeze enemies from afar to close distance and burst them with Sacri.

card.gifBanaspaty Card(3x) + card.gifLord of Death Card or card.gifMaero of Thanatos Card - mainly to be used to burn and debuff enemies with high hp to reduce them bit by bit first before taking the risk of damaging them with Sacri.

card.gifStormy Knight Card + card.gifWhitesmith / Mastersmith Card + card.gifRandgris Card + card.gifCorruption Root Card - Mainly to keep trying breaking enemy gears with WS card or dispel them with Randgris card. SK and CR card is mainly there to keep making enemy stop and stop from whatever they might do to retaliate why you try to debuff them.

Damage Weapons: Glorious weapons are the best weapons to combine with Executioner Set which i believe is the best set for Overbrand Hybrid RG.

Spoiler

1426.gif+12 - +20 Glorious Spear - So far the best RG weapon for me. Obtainable via BG Badge.

1486.gif+12 - +20 Glorious Lance - 2 hand weap which makes it quite risky but its the strongest when it comes to dealing damage. Obtainable via BG Badge. /lv 

63801.png?nocache=470133208+10 - +20 Emperium Spear - Increases Shield Chain skill. Emp frags / Emp chest. (card.gifMemory of Thanatos / card.gifTurtle General / card.gifStormy Knight Card)

63802.png?nocache=1571564209+10 - +20 Emperium Lance - Increases Overbrand skill. Obtainable via Emp frags / Emp chest. (card.gifMemory of Thanatos / card.gifTurtle General / card.gifStormy Knight Card)

Headgears:

Spoiler

Upper Headgears: (card.gifKiel D-01 Card,  card.gifMaya Purple Card, card.gifLord Knight Card )

5308.gifBrazillian National Flag Hat[1] - Increases movement speed. Very recommended hg as RG needs fast movement speed if is heading for a kill. Quest item.

63006.png?nocache=1994575709 Helm of Hermes[1] - Same as braz hat but gives additional +3 stats. Obtainable via Pro Hunt Coins.

63101.png?nocache=587216444Cosmic Infinity Helm[1] - Also same as Braz and HoH but gives +10 all stats. A luxury item, indeed worth it but i'd rather stick to the HoH or braz first and use the resources for other items or gears unless im already rich af. Quest item.

Blessed Valkyrie Helm Blessed Valkyrie helm[1] - Gives +15 all stats. Quest item.

63001.png?nocache=742201125Dark Lord Helm[1] - So far the best headgear for increasing HP. Still good for Hybrid RG. Quest item.

Middle Headgears: (card.gifKiel D-01 Card,  card.gifMaya Purple Card, card.gifLord Knight Card )

18877.png?nocache=1440867659 Baron's Evil Eye[1] - Decreases cast delay which is good for your OB or Shield Chain spamming. Obtainable via Pro Hunter Quest.

63348.png?nocache=2004641490 Royal Dark Flame[1] - Increases atk and +1 all stats. Obtainable via World Boss.

63086.png?nocache=251394260 Noble Mask[1] - Lower version of RDF. Quest item. Easy to get and highly recommended for newbies.

Other slotted mid  hg.

Lower Headgear: (Card IconBungisngis Card (needs lower hg with refine),Card Icon Dark Pingicula Card, Card IconLeaf Cat Card)

63026.png?nocache=1696950639Nebula Aura[1] - Provides mdef and chances to cast defensive skill. 

63037.png?nocache=2079590295Poring Rucksack[1] - Provides +5 vit and str. Vote shop item

63338.png?nocache=189454803 Rainbow Rucksack[1] - Provides +3 all stats. Chance to get this when slotting Poring rucksack or Devi rucksack.

63340.png?nocache=777974984Rainbow Sash[1] - Provides +5 all stats. Overall a luxury item for those who are rich enough to get themselves one or lucky enough to turn their nebula aura into one. Chance to get this when slotting nebula aura. (Unrefineable)

Armors:

Spoiler

Armor: (Card IconTao Gunka Card, Card IconGR Card, Card IconGarm Card, Card IconDetale / Marc Card, Card IconBuwaya Card, Card IconWerewolf Card ).

65121.png?nocache=1904006190+6 - +9 Executioner Armor[1] - BEST SET for Overbrand hybrid RG in my opinion. Obtainable via BG badges or Chest of Heroism. /lv 

15047.png?nocache=1402842399 +6 - +9 Siege Suit[1] - Budget armor which gives helluva good resist and hp. Best used with set. Highly recommended for starters. Obtainable via World Investment or castle chest.

65112.png?nocache=1663283041 +6 - +9 Emperium Armor[1] - A better version of Siege Suit which adds more resist, atk, and stats etc. Best used with set. Obtainable via Emp frags or Emp Armor chest.

15074.png?nocache=1334415113 +9 - +12 Geffen Magic Robe[1] - Gives 10% cast delay reduce and 10% resist. Not so recommended but might be good for better spam of OB and Shield Chain. Obtainable via GMT.

2383.gifBrynhild[1] - Quite good armor as it increases hp and sp, increases atk, and is unbreakable. Obtainable via GM Castle.

Garments: 

Spoiler

Garment: 

(Card IconRaydric CardCard IconNoxious Card, Card IconGuardian Kades Card, Card IconFarbjodur Card, Card IconDeviling Card, Card IconAssassin Cross Card )

2586.png?nocache=1839108820 Siege Manteau[1] - For Siege suit set. Obtainable via World Investment.

65113.png?nocache=574754840 +6 - +9 Emperium Cape[1]- For Emp set. Obtainable via Emp frags or Emp Armor Chest.

65122.png?nocache=2140143712 +6 - +9 Executioner Manteau[1] - For Exec set. Obtainable via BG badges or Chest of Heroism.

20717.png?nocache=2024125312 Gigant Snake Skin[1] - Gives added stats and good when combined with temporal boots as it increases your hp a lot. Obtainable via Faceworm Nest.

2576.png Adventurer's Backpack[1] - Gives pretty good bonuses tho i usually use set and only use this together with Deviling card when facing RG / Genetic because it adds +15% reduce to neutral. Can be comboed together with geffen robe for damage garment. Obtainable via Pro Hunter Coin.

2541.png?nocache=562951133 Asprika - Good for reduicing melee damage. Obtainable via GM Castle.

Footgears:

Spoiler

Footgear:(Card IconMoonlight Flower Card, Card IconAmon Ra Card, Card IconBoss Egnigem Card)

65123.png?nocache=232048913 +6 - +9 Executioner Boots[1] - For Exec set. Obtainable via BG badges or Chest of Heroism.

2484.png?nocache=216268275 Siege Boots[1] -  For Siege suit set. Obtainable via World Investment.

2483.gifSiege Greaves[1] For Siege plate set. Obtainable via World Investment.

65114.png?nocache=726059175 +6 - +9 Emperium Boots[1] -  For Emp set. Obtainable via Emp frags or Emp Armor Chest.

2410.png?nocache=1354898476 Sleipnir - God item that gives movement speed, hp, and hp regen. God Item Quest.

22003.gifTemporal Vit Boots[1] - Increases your HP a lot together with GSS.  Obtainable via OGH's temporal crystals.

2492.png?nocache=1783941906 +12 Bayani Bangungot Boots of Nightmare[1] - Adds movement speed if +12, in case you wanna use Boss Egnimen card with free moonie to run and regen when out of sp for example.

22072.png?nocache=489510399 +12 Hiking Boots[1] - Same as Bangu boots but adds more hp and sp. Obtainable via Pro Hunter Coins.

Shields:

Spoiler

Shield:(Card IconGolden Thiefbug Card, Card IconMaya Card, Card IconThara Frog Card, Card IconKing Poring Card)

RG shields are best with higher refine to increase more chance proc of Shield Spell Skill.

2160.gif Giant Shield[1] - Best shield for increasing damage of Shield Chain as it is weight based. Dropped by Paladin Randel.

2115.png?nocache=2052941556 Valkyrie Shield[1] - Gives good reduction for few elements.

63900.png?nocache=1207691017 Emperium Buckler[1] - Same effect with valk shield but adds few more bonuses.

63905.png?nocache=1329321178 Emperium Guard[1] - Gives a sure reflect chance from melee damage which means you can debuff melee enemies with your debuff weapon + reflect shield while they're hitting you (For example sp draining weap, their sp being drained from your melee attack and their sp being drained from their own attack).

2123.png?nocache=1806624107 Orlean's shield[1] - Gives 5% more chance for reflecting single target skills. Best combined with Maya Card.

Accesories:

Spoiler

Accessory: (Card IconAlligator Card, Card IconHorong Card, Card IconErrende Card, Card IconBelphegor Card)

2703.png?nocache=1439572987 Expert Ring[1] - Reduces cast delay. Dropped by Ragged Zombie.

2703.png?nocache=1439572987 Improved Expert Ring[1] - Does more reduce on cast delay from EP.

65124.png?nocache=159614108 Executioner Badge[1] - For Exec set. Does godly effects when it's activated. Obtainable via BG badges or Chest of Heroism.

2629.gif Megingjard - Best acce in increasing str. God item quest.

2629.gif Half Meg - Provides str lesser than meg. Quest item.

Hybrid RG Skill Set:

In this part i'm only going to talk about the skill that are of relevant use to me.

Spoiler

Buffs:

cr_autoguard.gif Auto Guard - Blocks physical attacks with a percentage.

cr_shrink.gif Shrink - Pushes the enemy backwards 2 cells when auto guard blocks an attack. To be used together with AG and is not relevant during BG or WoE. 

lg_reflectdamage.gif Reflect Damage - Reflects enemy damage.

cr_spearquicken.gif Spear Quicken - Increases attack speed. Spear weapon required.

lg_exeedbreak.gif Exceed Break - Increases next melee physical attack you do. Deceases movement speed when active.

lg_prestige.gif Prestige - Adds a chance to evade magic damage and increases physical defense.

lg_forceofvanguard.gif Vanguard Force - Increases def and max hp. Skill is cancelled out when you use it again.

lg_piety.gif Piety - Endows armor with holy element. Best to counter Adoramus/Judex/Holy Light. Makes Rebellions that uses Platinum Alter not to deal much damage against you which will force them to switch element and remove their protection. Good combination with Guardian Kades Card.

cr_defender.gif Defender - A buff you can turn on and off that decreases long range attack damage you take but slows you down a lot when active.

lg_inspiration.gif Inspiration - Buff that allows you to release your Eight Gate same as Might Guy while damaging yourself with every hit you do.

Other Skills:

lg_overbrand.gif Overbrand - Main melee damage skill. Knocks back enemies hit. Element convertable.

pa_sacrifice.gif Sacrifice - Your backup skill in dealing burst damage to quickly kill squishy enemies. Deals damage depending on how high your max hp is. Forced Neutral and makes you lose hp with every hit.

sm_magnum.gif Magnum Break - Your combo skill with Sacri and Overbrand. Cast before hitting as it increases its damage.

pa_shieldchain.gif Shield Chain - A good damaging skill with a little distance. Damage is based on shield weight and damage is greatly increased by Gspear's slaughter effect.

cr_shieldboomerang.gif Shield Boomerang - Long range skill best combined with a 4x SK weap to freeze enemies from a distance.

pa_gospel.gif Gospel - Removes most buffs and debuffs that is on your char. Best to counter against Thorn Trap of Genetics and Silverine Stem Root of Doram which a lot of people doesn't know, Strips, Slows, etc.

lg_moonslasher.gif Moon Slasher - Forces chars on the skill's range to sit. Reveals invis and takes weapon debuff with it.

lg_kings_grace.gif King's Grace - Recovers your HP and party members on its range and removes debuffs.

lg_earthdrive.gif Earth Drive - Removes ground spells or traps or enemy king's grace.

lg_shieldspell.gif Shield Spell - Has various effects depending on skill level you'd take. Best for sacri RG is shield spell level 3 for healing depending on max hp pool. Refer here

lg_pinpointattack.gif Pinpoint Attack - Has a chance to destroy enemy gear. The choice of which gear to destroy varies depending on skill level.

all_full_throttle.gif Full Throttle - To be back to full hp.

lk_berserk.gif Berserk - Can be used when you have Lord Knight Card as switching. Pretty neat with RG Sacri to deal max HP Sacri when you're dying after doing 2 sets of sacri. Be sure to load sacri before zerking. Good to combo with sorc with dispel and soul change or AB with clearance and sp regen buffs. Can be also be used for zerk + altf4 combo /gg 

Royal Guard Battle Guide (Hybrid and Sacri)

Most of the content you'll get to read here are from my experiences battling these chars and what i did to win against them. Note that Sacri RG is one of the easiest chars to reduce just with neutral reducers which makes it very simplistic but putting in a lot of brain work and effort on how to compensate with that weakness with still even using sacri RG is a piece of art for me. Inspired by Chan, former member of Reclusion Perpetua Guild to whom i saw someone using Sacri RG to its fullest destroying almost every char with just Sacrifice as damage skill.

Spoiler

Tips: Some move i do to win battles.

Spoiler

Remember Gro is not all about dealing highest and quickest damage asap. Patience is a virtue and with RG that patience helps me a lot on being able to live long and kill more.

Annoying Freeze Combo: Doing sacri then freeze and spam shield spell heal then sacri and freeze then heal spam repeatedly on enemy which makes them unable to be able to do anything about it unless they go and remove the armor card they need and change it into unfro which makes their hp quite tight for them and makes it risky for them too that they might die from 1 set of sacri /slur 

Reduce Bait: For hybrid builds only. After freezing enemy, i'll be switching to my gspear and convert it into wind element (frozen = more damage from wind element) then load sacri near enemy and cast magnum break. With this, it will be a mind game for your enemy to predict whether they should wear devi to reduce your sac damage or wear kades/farb to reduce your wind element OB damage. It will be all up to you whether which attack you'd like to follow it up with, whether they take increased OB damage and more increased with devi, or they take full sac no neut reduce from garment. If this play seems useful to you, after doing it to fake enemies for a few times, it will just come into yourself naturally after freezing enemy. /gg 

Against Squishy chars, its better to always be on moonlight flower card + braz hat for movement speed.

Against High HP enemy its better to go DLH + Egni / Amon Ra on boots + authoritative badge.

RG vs RG 

Spoiler

Sacri - Panzer fights like these, you'd prolly wanna start trying to dispel and break the enemies' stuffs with normal hits without sacri. I recommend spamming pinpoint attack that breaks shield too to remove their reflects and decrease their reduce. It depends on you if you'd wanna slowly win the fight by out-regenerating the enemy by spamming auto attack on him with burn weapon and throw sacri when you're confident that they're already low hp, or just annoy them with they Annoying Freeze Combo and force them to wear unfro and remove taoand sac them til death. You can keep healing and freezing the enemy til you wanna sacri again then heal again til he die. Its your call.

Hybrid - Same as sacri build, you'd prolly wanna start by debuffing and dispelling enemy and stuff before trying to deal damage. The difference is you got your Shield Chain skill to spam on your enemy for long range and Overbrand for melee, and they are convertable. Reduce Bait move will kinda do a good deal on this matchup too.

RG vs Warlock

Spoiler

Sacri - Warlocks don't really take devi as their garment switching and would mostly be on Sinx card instead to prevent you from targeting them which means their only reduce is the energy coat which makes them quite fragile to your sacri. With your high prestige build, you'll be able to keep evading a lot of Warlock skills but most importantly the evasion of Jackfrost which will be their gateway to debuffing you and comboing you. You could surely choose to reduce or reflect the WL's damage but i prefer using sinx to prevent getting slowed by marsh of abyss and chase the WL which i'll eventually be able to catch up with them since im faster cause i have mount. If ever WL tries to get faster than you by uncloaking or tries to hit you with an AoE skill, you can always throw a shield boomerang to freeze the WL then stab em til death with sacri.

Hybrid - Most probably i'll do the same against WL with how i'd do it with sacri type RG. But after freezing the WL, i can reduce the damage i'll get from my own sacri by first doing a wind element OB then stab the WL with sacri rather than risking for the enemy to still have time to escape by trying to spam OB. Destroying magic users' shield with GRB with pinpoint attack will make you immune to them as long as you wear GTB.

RG vs Sorc

Spoiler
Spoiler

Sacri - This can be a very hard matchup with sacri RG depending on how both of you plays it. With Sorcerer i'd rather go kades and reduce water to 100%(If you've read my SC Guide) to avoid diamond dust than use sinx card since aoe isthe main forte of sorcerers. Sorcs' extreme vacuum can pretty much lock you down a lot since you'd most probably have low str and extreme vac duration is only reduced by str. Sorcerer are quite tankier than WLs but if you can freeze em, most of em are 1 sac worth only unless they reduce to devi which will need a pretty more mind games to both of you. Beware of the dispel and extreme vac skill.  Destroying magic users' shield with GRB with pinpoint attack will make you immune to them as long as you wear GTB.

Hybrid - Here the sorc's extreme vac won't last much which makes it not worthy to remove using gospel. Most of the time against sorcs i go patient and keep running them down and moonslash freeze + reduce bait combo + chase again and moonslash freeze + damage. No need to try burst quickly. Making sure than doing it quickly is better. Spider webs are just destroyed by earthdrive or magnum break.

RG vs Genetic

Spoiler
Spoiler

Against Genetic you'd either reduce its Acid Demonstration damage by using Devi on garment or avoid getting hit by using Sinx on garment. Your defender skill also reduces genetic's damage. Be quite fast in switching of shields by using Cranial when getting AD damage then switching to GTB shield when gene attempts hell's plant spam. Sacri build can just keep Annoying Freeze Combo til genetic dies while Hybrid can just keep freezing and doing reduce bait against the gene. Beware of genetic's powers in destroying your gears tho. Remember Gospel removes thorn trap buff and Crazy Weed removes King's Grace buff so be careful in using them. Pinpoint attack is kinda irrelevant against gene as they have FCP to cast on themselves. Killing the gene slowly is the best way for me while keeping it in a close distance to prevent it from spamming their potion pitcher heal.

RG vs Ranger

Spoiler

Rangers' traps are heavily countered by Earth Drive while defender counters ranged damage, but be careful of SP Traps of rangers. With ranger i love using sinx card against them so they will have hard time trying to reveal you or hit you til both of you are close enough. Be careful of ranger's creeper bow lock with burn. Against ranger i most of the time use my Dispel weapon to remove its buffs and attack speed. I'd just rather try to kill ranger quickly with sacri or defender and spam shield chain with element if ranger didn't die from 1 set of sacri

RG vs RK

Spoiler

RK is also tanky just the same as RG but mostly relies on long range damage dealing which you can reduce with defender. Just like RG you will start the fight to debuff as much as you can. Beware of RK's Death Bound skill which reflects meleep hysical damage but it has a requirement of the RK facing you when you deal the melee damage so you might probably wanna do some sidestep before hitting wit hSacri or OB. Sacri RG can just out-regen and outdamage the RK by reducing the long range damage and just spamming normal hit and burn, or you can just do the annoying freeze combo as removing tao will make RK's hp be just around 800k-900k. Also bweare of their rune that makes them cast "Refresh" which heals their hp and makes them immune from burning and freezing for 30 seconds. Hybrid RG will have more edge than sacri RG against RK as you can spam the RK with shield chain or OB while reducing its damage. You'd probably want to go Guardian Kades Card + Piety combo to resist against RK and your only problem left will be neutral element but defender and amon ra can most probably cover it up a lot already.

RG vs SC

Spoiler

SC will have a hard match up against RG as long as your wear your GTB and fight with full chemical protection. Without FCP it might prove hard for you to fight SC as they'd prolly strip you and masque you out of everything. /desp Your gospel can counter the full strip buff so you have to be fast to cast gospel twice after getting stripped before you get hit by masquerade ignorance and quickly key in to wear back your stuffs or hide using sinx card on garment (garment doesn't get stripped) to buy time in re-wearing your gears. They also have Shadow Form skill which makes you take the damages you deal to the SC and its easy to cast it on you for the SC since you are melee. Both hybrid and sacri build will probably want to fight patiently by doing moon slasher then hit and moon slash and hit repeatedly. Try not to get your sacri auto-attacked by using /nc to turn off auto attacking as the SC will be able to cast shadow form the moment they get hit by your first hit. Your every hit must be spaced with moon slasher just to be safe. 

RG vs Sura

Spoiler

Same as RK, Suras have a skill that counters melee blow but doesn't need the requirement of facing the enemy so its kinda more dangerous. You'd prolly wanna keep the Sura burned while doing the same as how to fight SC by doing moon slash hit and moon slash hit. Suras will have hard time dealing damage to you because of your reflect and dodge buffs but using amon ra card is pretty much useless against Sura since they have Holy Light skill which cancels it out, unless you are prepared to be fast on switching to GTB after Kyrie procs. I am not quite sure if piety counters holy light but so far i'm sure that using holy armor (Angeling Card / Holy Armor Scroll) counters holy light. In a very wide space like BG or WoE it's almost impossible to kill a sura as they can just always fly out away from you using body relocate and regen again.

WoE Guide for Royal Guard (Hybrid and Sacri)

Spoiler

Sacri RG

Sacri RG is a helluva good tank in WoE because of its buffs and high HP pool which makes it the ideal frontliner for the guild together with earth drive to remove ground spells and traps. If going for somehow supportive play for the guild, you'd most probably want to cast your Devo skill to your squishy allies (AB/WL/Sorc/Mins/Ranger/Etc) to provide space for them in the war. Do mind that your devotion to them can kill you itself if your allies take too much damage, and when you use defender skill they'd be buffed with it too together with the movement speed penalty of defender. For fighting, the key for getting a lot of kills for yourself is to always aim for the right targets (the squishy ones). Against tanky enemies, you'd prolly want to keep auto-attacking first with your debuff weapon while letting your allies deal the damages and you gotta estimate when the target is dying and that's when you load your sacri and take the kill with it. You can also do your own combo for sacri sets by using 2 sets of sacri to an enemy and use king's grace to heal up then sacri again and full throttle then 2 sets of sacri again and you can also insert the load sacri and zerk combo, it will be up to you how you'd play it. You can also do the typical combo with Sorcerers or AB during woe by doing 2 sets of sacri against enemies then loading sacri and zerk then hit enemies and get dispel or clearance by your ally. This way you'd almost have infinity to use sacri as long as your support is alive. You can also always do the typical 2 sets of sacri then get out of portal then ygg then sacri and ygg again and again lmao /heh 

Hybrid RG

Hybrid RG is more of a damage dealing type of panzer in woe. Indeed you still have your buffs and high hp pool to keep you long in the fight but you'd most probably have lesser HP than Sacri RG build and have lower percentage of Prestige magic dodge. This build of RG is very good in dishing out very heavy damage against a group of enemies as Overbrand skill is a kind of melee AoE which makes it the very ideal skill to spam against an ecall of the enemy team. Against tanky enemies, you can also just spam shield chain against them to avoid getting damaged by reflect with OB. Don't forget about your Super Saiyan buff (Inspiration) which makes you immune to some debuffs and increases your damage a lot (Sacri not included) while reducing your HP with every damage you deal against enemies which makes full throttle and king's grace a very good combo with it. /slur Most of the time you'd probably be doing the OB chase OB chase OB movement when you don't have an ally to lock an enemy in place to give you space on spamming OB without having to move, or you can use Gertie Card to compensate if you'd want to. Also don't forget that you still also have your Sacri on hand or zerk sacri combo /gg

Royal Guard might look very simple to use but you can boost your performance a lot by being innovative with it and by not being too hasty, rather than just trying to deal damage and just spamming OB or Sacri. This can actually be applied to other chars too.

I guess that's it for now. Thanks a lot for reading and i hope you learned something new! /awsm 

Then again, Ichi at your service /oops 

8 hours ago, Kazalus said:

I see no Exceed Break build... have a big upvote ❤️

Exceed break build is simply OP like a spammable no-cost asura strike. I actually planned to special mention it but meh, the build seems too unfair to me. Anyway we can get back to the second line of the guide /heh 

1 hour ago, Sanaaa said:

Exceed break build is simply OP like a spammable no-cost asura strike. I actually planned to special mention it but meh, the build seems too unfair to me. Anyway we can get back to the second line of the guide /heh 

Wait no, you must've misunderstood me. I give you a big upvote because there is no Exceed Break guide XD