Sign in to follow this  
AceWindstorm

Mercenary Behavior

Question

I would like to have attention brought to this little snip from our wiki :image.thumb.png.722c4c6c2d6affb3b307f36dcf9c7223.png
It appears as though Mercs only get loyalty when they land a killing blow, which according to the statement above is incorrect/inconsistent. Are they currently behaving correctly?

I just recently discovered the uses for Mercenaries and was looking into those 10th grade ones, but at this point having my merc get killing blows on 25,000 mobs that are higher than 1/2 my base level for 500 loyalty points (only to then lose 400 for purchasing ONE 10th grade merc) just seems so absurd and essentially unobtainable/unsustainable for what appears to be a relatively small change. Perhaps an adjustment to how loyalty points work or even the requirement for 10th grade mercs is appropriate?

10 answers to this question

The NPC in Althea has been rewritten from scratch.
He now also offers the 10th grade mercenary scrolls.

7-9th Grade Mercenaries now require Loyalty Points too, to be able to purchase them.
However they don't cost loyalty points, only the 10th does.

Our NPC in Althea now mimics the official behavior overall.

Loyalty cost and requirements for the NPC in Althea have been lowered accordingly:

image.png

This update is already live

@Everade would it be possible if you remove the condition for losing 1 Loyalty Point at each Mercenary's death?

Did try to get more loyalty points, but kept on losing it like faster than earning one /swt3

or is there any more thought regarding to the problem I mentioned above. I was just thinking about time-saving way to get it, not sure about the risk of my thoughts

On 1/5/2019 at 5:32 PM, Hersheys said:

Hmm. Interesting

Btw the loyalty points required seem to multiply the more scrolls you need. Like if you need 10 scrolls of a 7th grade merc, you'd need 50 loyalty points, not just 5. Wasn't complaining, just asking if that's working as intended?

Yes that's intended.
Buying multiple scrolls is a custom implementation so it's easier for players to buy multiple mercenaries at once rather than clicking through the dialogue 10 times in a row.

Only 10th grade doesn't support it, because i doubt that you're going to buy many.

12 hours ago, Gacha said:

@Everade would it be possible if you remove the condition for losing 1 Loyalty Point at each Mercenary's death?

Did try to get more loyalty points, but kept on losing it like faster than earning one /swt3

or is there any more thought regarding to the problem I mentioned above. I was just thinking about time-saving way to get it, not sure about the risk of my thoughts

Sounds like a good idea.
On the next update.

3 hours ago, Everade said:

The NPC in Althea has been rewritten from scratch.
He now also offers the 10th grade mercenary scrolls.

7-9th Grade Mercenaries now require Loyalty Points too, to be able to purchase them.
However they don't cost loyalty points, only the 10th does.

Our NPC in Althea now mimics the official behavior overall.

Loyalty cost and requirements for the NPC in Althea have been lowered accordingly:

image.png

This update is already live

Hmm. Interesting

Btw the loyalty points required seem to multiply the more scrolls you need. Like if you need 10 scrolls of a 7th grade merc, you'd need 50 loyalty points, not just 5. Wasn't complaining, just asking if that's working as intended?

11 hours ago, Everade said:

Yes that's intended.
Buying multiple scrolls is a custom implementation so it's easier for players to buy multiple mercenaries at once rather than clicking through the dialogue 10 times in a row.

Only 10th grade doesn't support it, because i doubt that you're going to buy many.

Ah, I see. Wouldn't it make it easier to buy many scrolls at once than clicking talking to the NPC many times once you have the required loyal points? It's alright if it's not okay. Don't get mad; I'm just sayin' /swt3

I gotta turn attention back to the picture I linked, it seems as though Mercenary killcount only increments when they get a killing blow still. That is inconsistent with what appears to be “correct” behavior - are these changes made in response to keep the killcount system as is, or was this just glossed over and will be addressed in the future?

On 1/5/2019 at 11:56 PM, Gacha said:

On 1/6/2019 at 12:27 PM, Everade said:

Sounds like a good idea.
On the next update.

There's this at least